Page 248 of 248 FirstFirst ... 148198238243246247248
Results 4,941 to 4,951 of 4951

Thread: Matou Shinji and the Broken Chains (HP/FSN CYOA)

At that point I would unseal Perseus because the strongest floor bosses would await - or we get back to the surface for the fated battle with Awakened Mischa.
    Do we have to tho?

Wait, wait, hear me out! Why don't we just... approach him stealthily and kill him in his sleep? I mean, Shinji is capable of doing it, right?..

Ah, damn, characterization.

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    As a note, the Trial of Courage is not one about facing the strongest bosses, but the worst possible enemies for you. Confronting your fears, confronting your past - confronting yourself (and yes, that is a solo, instanced encounter). The Trial of Force is the major DPS Check of the dungeon, just as the Trial of Insight involved you seeing past the obvious dangers or strategies.

Are you clever? Are you strong? Are you worthy?
    "The palaces of kings are built upon the ruins of the bowers of paradise." - Thomas Paine

...Should we even know this?

Well, basically, Perseus-lovers, now is your chance to shine. We won't need him after this Challenge, other than the insight he provides us into Shinji's psyche as a twisted mirror of his character. So if you want to face the strongest bosses with Percy-boy on your side, vote now. We won't have the time to acclimate to the changes otherwise.

Of course, I continue to believe that in the close future Perseus will be liability, and liability only. He will interfere in our ability to Fuse, will sap Shinji's willpower and sanity. We won't be able to adapt in time, definitely not during the most serious battles up to date.

But you can still believe in the Heart of the Shounen, or something.
    Last edited by Malorius; November 12th, 2018 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alfheimwanderer View Post
    As a note, the Trial of Courage is not one about facing the strongest bosses, but the worst possible enemies for you.
    Well, that sounds promising indeed.

Well, that sounds promising indeed.
    Sounds like a "Drink PoAP, instant win!" to me. Oh wait, we won't have any by the time we will reach the third Challenge.

That's gonna be a problem. Shinji has "a disposable character" plastered all over his face.

Quote Originally Posted by Malorius View Post
    Sounds like a "Drink PoAP, instant win!" to me. Oh wait, we won't have any by the time we will reach the third Challenge.

That's gonna be a problem. Shinji has "a disposable character" plastered all over his face.
    Ah you all wish that you could just drink PoAP to solve everything.

The Trial of Courage is a bit more hands off in our direct intervention by way of choices. It is more of a test of the character we have built over the course of all our choices before hand. At least this Shinji has a courage blessing given wayyy back during his last Japanese outing with Ayaka by a tengu.

But before that part we really need to survive this coming challenge which is going to require everything we got and then some. But I do hope that we can at least save some PoAP for Sokaris to replicate/improve the recipe.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; November 12th, 2018 at 07:22 PM.

JP Friend Code
    ?
    Well I guess if the test of strength is up next then let's undo the sealing. I would have liked more time, but it seems it's now or never.

Ah you all wish that you could just drink PoAP to solve everything.
    Don't you? In a better world we wouldn't have to worry about dosage and amount of effort to produce a new potion. In a better world, a Perfect!Shinji would sweep all ladies from their feet with his dangerous bishounen grace and tear his foes apart with his ultimate cosmic power. Sadly, we don't play in a better world.

Then again, we get to bask in schadenfreude of the contemptible Seaweed being beaten, degraded and hated instead. With a healthy dosage of SuFfErInG, power of will and overcoming. So... yay.
    Last edited by Malorius; Yesterday at 03:07 AM.

By the way, there us a tie between information and unsealing right now, 3:3. Those with unsteady faith in our choices, who believe that they may switch to unsealing Perseus when we face the hopelessly overwhelming challenge, - you better vote now. Merging in the middle of a boss fight, or right before it, while being anime as hell, will be very counterproductive to our success.
    Last edited by Malorius; Yesterday at 05:52 AM.

Considering the update Alf posted, we may need power more than knowledge to beat this trial, I'm willing to swap for Unsealing if the tie last too long. If only because, I would rather not use the PoAP on the Force Boss, unless absolutely necessary, and save it for the Courage boss (since it's a solo battle).
    Last edited by Daiki; Yesterday at 02:25 PM.

>inb4 Trial of Courage boss is Ultimate_Crying_Sakura_Killed_by_Big_Brother's_Bet rayal