Page 245 of 245 FirstFirst ... 145195235240243244245
Results 4,881 to 4,890 of 4890

Thread: Matou Shinji and the Broken Chains (HP/FSN CYOA)

As much as I want to agree with your reasoning, SL, George has something to prove to Britain. Now that Shinji's reputation is torn apart, the crowd seeks a new idol, and Triwizard candidate is in a prime position to make use of that fame. And since George is not ready to cut ties with everything he holds dear in Wizard Britain, like, you know, his family, it is a good choice for him. One does not need to love the people to appeal to them.

And this way will open to us a lot of doors that seem closed forever, as long as we stay in contact.

That said, I find the choice kinda puzzling.

How good is George in dueling currently? Can he stealthily utilize his Fusion/mind reading/other passive abilities to match a renowned duelist in a fight without looking like a Super Sayan? And what about the "troops" option; what advantages does he have here?

"Toying" can lead to defeat or bitterness. "Crushing" definitely exposes the secret. So tentatively...

[X] Don't - swarm the Durmstrang Champion with troops, while clearing a path for them with his magic

But, hey, George is not the protagonist, maybe we can just expose his Powerlevel Over 9000 and ride on fame and hatred it brings, hm? Might just go all the way for public approval in the last challenge. (It is the last, right?)

Also, those foreboding dream sequences are as neat as they are worrying. Time shenanigans are pretty limited in Potterverse by Rowling's arbitrary statement, but how much can be accomplished with a bit of a True Magic in the mix? One can fear/hope, a lot.
    Last edited by Malorius; October 15th, 2018 at 01:36 AM.

[X] Don't - swarm the Durmstrang Champion with troops, while clearing a path for them with his magic.

Why not.

JP Friend Code
    ?
    Zerg rush him.

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Choice 409: [X] Don't - swarm the Durmstrang Champion with troops, while clearing a path for them with his magic

Choice 410:
    And what of the Champion of Beauxbatons?

[ ] Focus entirely on Krum...if Fleur happens to sneak by and claim the Cup, that's hardly his fault is it?
    [ ] Send the false Shinji to play at holding her back, only to be defeated
    [ ] Send the false Shinji to deal with the Castle's defenders, ostensibly to clear the way for when he defeats Krum, but practically...
    [ ] (write-in)
    "The palaces of kings are built upon the ruins of the bowers of paradise." - Thomas Paine

[X] Focus entirely on Krum...if Fleur happens to sneak by and claim the Cup, that's hardly his fault is it?

I mean can the British fault their champion if he gets locked in gettting 'revenge' for his country? It feels like so very him to do this.

Thought I am tempted to make a write in where false Shinji plays to his reputation at this point and 'switches' sides here and helps Fleur win. He is already doomed in everyone eyes like Harry's, so how much is it really going to damage his reputation if he sides with Fleur here. But then again Fleur has a sense of Pride and is unlikely to want false Shinji to help her. At least not like this.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; October 15th, 2018 at 02:35 PM.

[X] Focus entirely on Krum...if Fleur happens to sneak by and claim the Cup, that's hardly his fault is it?

Sounds like something he would do, yeah.

Why do we want Fleur to win again? Why are her ambitions more important?

Because remember that George did not go into this championship trying to win this for Hogwarts, he is only in this to test himself and to prevent his brother from competing in this and dying. Which backfired on him just a tad with Fred become a squib this year.

George has already tested himself and found that this championship is a joke. He could win this fairly easily (if Lestrange was not going all out) but what is the fun of that for him. Does he care about the praise or the glory? George does not hold that stuff as having much value as long as he is powerful and capable. So if he does not care about victory, and Fleur cares a lot about it. Then I can see the boy that sleeping with said girl to pick the outcome that lets him test himself against Krum all while letting Fleur get the useless prize she wants.

Also George still has a bit of disdain for his schoolmates built up during the course of the year. And what worse he knows that his country has covered up the attempted murder and even rewarded the people who did it. So why should he give glory to Hogwarts if this is the stuff they stand for?

Also do remember that we did pick the damn winning and save the girl choice for how he was going to do this event. I admit there is a bit of a difference from that and letting her win. But hey George is sleeping with her on that front.

Frankly if it was just a matter of what is awesome and heroic nature, then I would be all for George winning this, but when I wear George's shoes, I am not sure he cares one bit other than the fun of his action. And the fun action here is taking on Krum.

There is another point of order here in play. If Krum won, Hogwarts will cry foul, and explode in violence. If Fleur wins there will be some people that do that still but it would be smaller. And it would be even smaller outburst if the students of Hogwarts and ministry in general think that George took it to Krum in a show of strength. So you can look at this being a play in keeping the peace.
    Last edited by Skull Leader; October 16th, 2018 at 02:40 AM.

JP Friend Code
    ?
    Quote Originally Posted by alfheimwanderer View Post
    [ ] Send the false Shinji to deal with the Castle's defenders, ostensibly to clear the way for when he defeats Krum, but practically...
    Choosing this because I want to see what defenses there and how the copy fares rather than clearing the way for her.

死徒 Dead Apostle
    [ ] Send the false Shinji to deal with the Castle's defenders, ostensibly to clear the way for when he defeats Krum, but practically