Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lords of fate: tireless battle in the burning midday sun

the master of infinite roads lantzblades's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lords of fate: tireless battle in the burning midday sun

(just a note look to the discussion for the rules. this game i'll remind you deals with a post order. it goes me, the you guys in turn then back around to me. DO NOT post out of order (posting order will be establish either in discussion thread or by first come first serve until everyone has posted once) go forth and role play, it's up to you to describe your clothes)

A top a hill, among a pattern of stones those in modern world would claim as Stonehenge, burning in the midday son the high mages of the three kingdoms stand ready. Each agreeing to this ritual if only to give their respective sides a chance to win.

The First to speak, also the youngest a Japanese girl of German decent. Rin Tohsaka dressed in a dark red robe with her hood up

“Archer stands ready if you’ve decided to back stab us witch!” Rin snaps pointing at the raven haired woman across from her.

Before the blue eyed raven haired woman known to most as Morgan le fey could answer the third mage, perhaps the most powerful master of the mystic arts if not in the world then certainly at this gathering spoke up.

“While I’m certain that we all have clever things to throw at one another timing is of key import in a matter such as this, so let us save the barbs and bruises for a true battle field”

Merlin the magnificent as he was some times called had spoken and despite wanting to burn a hole in him with their respective gazes the two women relented and took their places.

Each in an area within the circle of stones bringing forth the mystic energies at the heart of the world fire, wind, water and earth until a circle within the circle comes to be and from that circle appears

From that point appear travellers pulled from worlds and places far from this one.

The first a woman in a strawberry leather jacket carrying a knife and a sword on her hip known as Ryougi Shiki, the second a red haired boy named Emiya Shirou. The third A cloaked woman called caster, in fact Medea the witch. The fourth former servant of the third Kojiro Sasuke a master of his now sheathed blade.

The fourth and fifth were equally unimpressive but for different reasons The fourth was a man in black jeans and a black shirt holding a black short sword in terrible condition. The man was out of shape but not terribly so and wore glasses that hid his eyes from direct view. His hair was brown and his jaw agape.

The fifth was a man of better build and a height of six foot five inches however whatever class he had evaporated as some of the contents of a box he was holding had gotten out and ruined his shoes.

The sixth a white haired red eyed girl Archerko certainly looked heroic especially in contrast of the former two summoned

The seventh arrived with a literal crash as vehicle the mystery hero occupied hit the ground loudly causing the driver a sudden shock but no panic. The car was full of something not that those outside could tell what exactly.

The three wizards stood aside waiting for the shock to wear off and prepared to answer questions the group surely had.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    "I'll be back in a bit, OK", I say, putting my 8-year-old sister back on the floor after giving her a big hug and moving to get my thin summer coat. I am wearing a red t-shirt, a pair of dark blue jeans and some old grey trainers.

"Bye, mum", I say, and I walk out of the door, locking it behind me. Then, I get into my very full car (which, for some unfathomable reason, is an exact copy of the Skoda Octavia I wrote off nearly a year ago), having added the things from my mums to all the stuff I'd taken from my dads. All my old school work, from when I was a very young child to A-levels was in the car, ready to be taken to the storage unit I had rented out, along with all of my university work, and a whole load of other paperwork.

Pulling off from the side of the road, I drive off carefully down the street, turn right at the traffic lights and, then, from there, turn off the roundabout onto the bypass. Now that there are no pedestrians around, I put my foot down, accelerating rapidly to 70 MPH and beyond, enjoying being able to drive fast.

I approach another car, and I indicate to move out into the outside lane to overtake them. And, then, suddenly, the car and road in front of me suddenly disappear, and are replaced by the sight of three weirdos in capes chanting next to what looks like Stonehenge.

*THUD*

The car drops to the ground, bouncing several times and shaking me around. Temporarily unaware of my location, my foot remains on the accelerator, throwing a torrent of mud up behind the car as the wheels try to get a grip on the muddy ground, without success.

Oh, not again, I think, as it dawns on me what must have happened. Ah, well, at least the car still works this time....

Shaken up and still not thinking clearly, I assume that I must have somehow driven off the road and jumped over the fence into the nearby fie....

B..but, wait, there's a pub and bowling alley on the other side of that fence, not fucking Stonehenge....

Thoroughly confused and still rather shaken up, I look around, trying to see if I can find the road I came from. However, it is nowhere to be seen. Further, either side of me I can see seven other equally confused-looking people.

No, it can't be..., I think, seeing someone who looks very similar to Shirou. Then, I notice Caster, too, and even someone who reminds me of the Shiki from KnK.

I must be dreaming..., I think, wondering what the hell is going on.

Looking back in front of me, I see a man and two girls standing in the middle of the stone circle, having just finished what I can only assume is some retarded pagan ritual to ensure that the Earth continues to keep orbiting the sun (like it has for the previous 5 billion years without our help), or something like that.

I mean, what sort of moron wastes their time prancing around in funny robes in some field near Salisbury next to a bunch of neatly stacked stones? It's not like any of this shit actually wor....

Wait, Sailsbury? That's 100-odd miles from home. How the fuck did I get there?

What the hell is happening? Was I abducted by aliens or something?

Or, perhaps, you're desperately trying to ignore the blindingly obvious..., part of my mind that is a little less sceptical responds.

I look back at the three pagans performing the ritual.

On second glance, that young girl looks very familiar, I think.

Those twin-tails are the trademark of a character I know very well. A fictional character.

Looking back at the other people surrounding me, my eye is again drawn to the person looking like Shirou.

B..but that's impossible, I think.

Yes, it is impossible. About as impossible as suddenly teleporting 100 miles and landing in the middle of a field....

I look in a different direction, and see an even weirder sight. A white-haired girl wearing a red coat.

Archerko

Seeing someone like Shirou could, perhaps, just be a coincidence, as could seeing someone like Rin, but there's no way in hell I could mistake Archerko. There is no-one in the world who looks like that.

I know, maybe they're a bunch of FSN cosplayers, I think.

Yeah, that must be it. I'm just in the middle of some meeting of FSN cosplayers, which is why most of the people here seem to look like FSN characters. There's nothing odd about that.

Perhaps, but that still doesn't explain how you ended up in fucking SALISBURY

Hmm, no, it doesn't, does it....

What the fuck is going on?

Desperate to get to the bottom of this and work out what the hell is going on, I get out of the car to go ask the other people around me what is happening. Since the people nearest my car seem equally as disorientated as I am, I decide to instead ask the three pagans.

I approach them, my gase concentrating on the familiar-looking young girl. As I get closer, two things become abundantly clear. Firstly, that the girl looks just like Tohsaka Rin, and secondly that she is most definitely not a cosplayer.

Everything starts falling into place in my mind, although I still find it hard to believe that she is real, and even harder to believe that she would (or, even, could) summon me to her.

Approaching her, I attempt to talk, but the words simply won't come out properly

"R.. Ri.., you'r.. Ri.. y.. R... Ri you.. Ri.. Tohs.. you R.. Rin?" I say, making myself look like an idiot.

I stand there, dumbfounded, waiting for a response.

The only Saber Clone that matters Ace's Avatar
    Emiya Shirou entered the shed for his daily routine.

Even if one of the greatest battles he imagined he would be was over, he couldn't stop doing his routine. He hadn't yet reached the levels of a superhero and wasn't anywhere near Saber's level.

His day had gone by normally. Sakura had come over in the morning and after a small dispute, Sakura was triumphant and made breakfast. Fuji-nee came rampaging in as always. He walked to school with Rin, talked to Issei.

These quiet days were something he was quite happy with. While there were somethings he would like to change, he couldn't complain about his life. It was enjoyable. Everything felt... complete. In way, they were. His and Saber's sacrifice saved many lives, he acted like a superhero. But a superhero never stopped saving people as long as they were alive and unlike Saber, he was still here.

And so, he pratciced. Mostly with projection then with strengthening. Projection proved to be a much more useful skill then strengthening.

Before he knew it, Emiya Shirou fell asleep on the floor of his shed.

In a semi-awake haze, he felt something strange. A call, it was definitely was magic in origin. Slowly, he opened his eyes.

He was surrounded by stones and people. Shirou tried to get his sleepy mind to work. Was that Caster...? And Assassin too?! That girl, reminded him of Archer, thanks to her white hair and similiar clothing.

In his confused state, he had completely ignored the car until a man stepped out of it and walked in front of a girl. A girl he was well acquainted with.

"Tohsaka? What are you doing here?" Shirou asked after the man finished stuttering.
    Last edited by Ace; June 12th, 2011 at 04:35 PM.

Blog Entries
    Swords, swords everywhere, they rip and tear and strike at a furious pace. There is no escape. Am I not even allowed a small happiness? Once more I am doomed to die another tragic death.

As I could stand the pain no longer I could feel a mysterious call. Is this possibly another chance?

Suddenly, there was a bright flash of light and the pain had ended. I was standing inside a circle of stones with a few other people and a vehicle from the current. It appears that the Master of Saber was summoned along with my failure of a Servant.

Wait a minute, something is not right, and I do not feel the connection of my Master or even a link to Assassin. Whatever ritual we were summoned in it is not for the Holy Grail. I could no longer feel prana draining from me; it was as if I had a real body once again.

I as I looked around at my surroundings’ I could see three other people standing away from us. Most likely the ones involved in my sudden appearance.

The man who had been inside the car got out and started mumbling nonsense to the youngest of the three. Following that the Master of Saber then walked up to the same girl and asked a question.

"Tohsaka? What are you doing here?"

I decided to wait for her to respond before I took further action. After all, the last time I had attracted attention I had nearly been killed.

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The man known in the present as Sasaki Kojiro had always lived by the blade, ceaselessly training his skill even though he had been but a simple farmer in life, so it had come as no true surprise to him when he had been struck down during the Holy Grail War. He had possessed no true regrets even as he lay dying, still bound to the gate by that witch, Caster.

Well perhaps he had regretted one thing...

He hadn't been able to finish his fight with her, the Servant of the sword, Saber.

But such a thing was beyond his power to realize, and so he accepted his body's gradual fade from the world.

And then-

He found himself standing in a circle of stones alongside a few other people. He could recognize both his own former Master and the Master of Saber amongst them, but the other people were something of a mystery to him. Still, there were three people standing at a distance away from the others, and noting this position he came to the conclusion that they were the ones most likely involved in his current summoning.

Yes. It appeared that he had been summoned once again, and this time around, his body felt far more... Real. The link between himself and Caster had vanished, and the power binding him to the gate no longer existed.

So he had gained a second chance...

But what would he do with this second chance?

For now, he figured that it would be best to simply observe the others before he took any action.
    Last edited by Airen; June 18th, 2011 at 12:25 AM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Blog Entries
    Ryougi Shiki was a happy woman. For the first time in her life, everything was going right. Araya Souren and his unwitting puppets were defeated, she’d finally gotten over the loss of SHIKI, and she and Mikiya had accepted each other. He’d been seriously injured by Lio, losing an eye, but he had recovered fast. For some odd reason, he had refused to allow Touko to make him another eye, but… he looked pretty good with his hair down like that.

After helping him home, she had a few things to pick up, first of them being a katana from the Ryougi estate. While she hadn’t kept one at her side before and while she didn’t think she’d need one, the recent chain of events had made the Ryougi family nervous. They’d requested that she have a sword at her apartment, and she hadn’t bothered to object. It wasn’t a problem, really. What harm could it do?

Regardless, she was now walking through a bamboo forest, away from the Ryougi estate, with a katana in hand. It wasn’t nearly as powerful as the Kuji that she had previously, but it was a well made sword nonetheless. Almost faster than her superhuman senses could detect, the forest suddenly faded away, to be replaced by a grassy field, with a massive circle of standing stones on a knoll, which she was standing in the middle of. Around her was a motley assortment of people: a man getting out of a car that somehow managed to get itself stuck in the mud, two entirely normal looking people, one with a sword that seemed ready to break at any second, and some less motley figures.

One tall, cloaked woman, a long and white haired girl, with deep red eyes and armored in red and black. A samurai, wielding an absurdly long sword. A red haired boy. And three magi, who she guessed had summoned her, and possibly the others two. All of them radiated power, turning the air thick with their prana.

Needless to say, Ryougi Shiki was no longer happy. She was finally happy with her life, and now some asshole magi were fucking with her again. While she would dash forward and cut any normal magi in half in the blink of an eye, the power those three gave off made her suspect that that strategy may not work, given that they seemed even more powerful than Araya had. As everybody else started talking, clearly shocked, all that Shiki did was to place a hand on her katana, drawing it about an inch, ready to sweep out if necessary.
    Last edited by SeiKeo; June 17th, 2011 at 02:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

My alarm goes off and I awake in the same fashion that I've been doing for the past year, rolling off my bed. It's morning, and I have woken up at a much earlier time than my usual 7 PM.

"Piece of shit alarm, always going off at random times." I say as I get up, walk over to the alarm, and turn off it's alarm. "I'm already up, might as well do something." I grab some clothes from my dresser and walk my way to the bathroom to wash my face and get dressed. After putting on my light blue jeans, Redback boots, a large white T-shirt under a long sleeved grey shirt under a large black shirt, and I brush my hair and tie it back. I then walked over to my computer desk and pulled my coat off from the back and put it on. It's a large lab coat that I got at a pawn shop.

I picked up my knife from my computer desk and pulled it from its sheath. "You're old as fuck, but you don't have a nick. Maybe I could sharpen you a bit." I put it back in its sheath and put it in one of my coat's giant pockets. I then searched for my whetstone. "Where did I put it this time?"

After a few minutes of searching I found it....behind my boxes of Pancake mix in the shelve next to my computer. "Why do you always appear in the strangest of places?" I picked up one of the boxes of pancake mix and put in my other hand, I then reach for the whetstone. Before I could grab it I suddenly found myself in a place that looks like Stonehenge with a people in capes. There are others as well, Two girls that look like Caster and Rin, and Two men that look like Sasaki and Shirou, There's even someone that looks like Ryougi, and some guy with a car...

'What in the?' I think to myself as the box of pancake mix in my hands slips from my grip, falls, and spills its contents all over my expensive boots.
    Last edited by Lotus Saint; June 18th, 2011 at 03:14 PM.
    -Insert witty signature here-

Ho hum, here we go again, I thought, feeling the familiar tingling sensation that signaled my summoning.

“Are you my-” I started to say upon my appearance, but immediately cut myself off. Something wasn’t right this time. I cocked my head to the side and put a finger to my lips as I pondered the situation. This was very different; for one thing, my body seemed to be, well, a real body. Not a spirit given a physical body by the Grail. Speaking of, I also didn’t feel any connection to the Grail or a Master. I wasn’t even summoned to a specific class!

I glanced around, taking in my surroundings. It looked familiar. I’d never been there, but I recognized Stonehenge from pictures I’d seen, complete with druids even. The one in the red robe seemed familiar, but with the hood up like that I couldn’t really make out who it was. The druids were obviously the summoners. It also looked like I wasn’t the only one they dragged here.

I recognized the first two. Caster and Assassin. I got ready to trace my versions of Kansho and Bakuya, but held off. I’d wait for them to start something. I tried to keep an eye on them as I examined the others.

A girl who looked a year or so older than my apparent age, holding a katana. Something felt off about her as well, but I couldn’t put my finger on it.

The next two boys didn’t seem all that dangerous. In fact, one had spilt a box of, was that pancake mix? over his boots. I had to stifle a giggle at that.

Another seemed to have been summoned while driving a car. I watched as he got out and approached the druid in red.

The final was… my mouth dropped open in shock. I found myself unable to do anything as he also walked up to the druid I must know from somewhere. I was still staring as he looked under her hood and said, “Tohsaka? What are you doing here?”

I snapped out of it and accidentally blurted loudly, “Eh????? Master? Oniichan?”

Blog Entries
    Tohsaka Rin nodded then spoke up “it’s a long story Emiya, though at the moment I’m somewhat more intrigued by that girl who call you Onii-chan”

Lantz began laughing, low at first and then becoming louder to something nearly looking insane before stopping as abruptly as it had started and resuming his impassive look. “Alright then Merlin the magnificent tell me, no us. tell us why we were brought here”

Merlin narrowed his eyes and stroked his beard “Ever the faker as always Lantz? Well at any rate you are right. It’s time I explain the situation to you all.” The old wizard replied pausing to gather his thoughts.

“Some time ago this united land was driven apart and three kingdoms were set in place of the first. For a reason I cannot fathom these are three kings different forms of Arturia Pendragon the king of knights. We three wizards represent one of the three kingdoms. I represent the Arturia who resembles her normal state under the order of the silver lion.” He explained.

Morgan nodded “I am Morgan le fey, I represent the Arturia under the black dragon, her Altered state as some of you might call it.”

Tosaka Rin twitched then spoke up “And I’m the representative for S-Arturia Pendragon of the white Lily Faction. We’re pacifists”

Merlin waited for a moment then spoke again. “Put simply this conflict among kingdoms cannot end, so we brought you here in order to help end it. We three worked together to simply gain a conclusion to the struggle regardless of the winner. You may of course refuse to assist any of so if that is your wish. We can answer any questions you have but you had best be quick about it”

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Hmm, well, at least Rin doesn't seem to have noticed me making a total dick of myself, I think as she responds to Shirou.

Although, she seems to be ignoring me entirely....

Still unsure of why Rin had seemingly summoned me to Stonehenge, I prepare to ask her further questions, but before I can open my mouth to speak, some American guy called Lance(?) turns to the old guy and speaks. Apparently, he knows the old ma...

Wait, did he just call him Merlin? What the hell is going on here...?

This whole situation is just getting weird. First I suddenly get teleported 100 miles for no apparent reason, then I meet a fictional character and now I'm being told that the old man in front of me is fucking Merlin. Responding to the man called Lance, he begins to outline the situation. Some shit about three King Arthur...

Wait, no, he said "Arturia", not "Arthur". It's three fucking Sabers, I think. Suddenly, I begin to pay a bit more attention.

He continues, explaining that the kingdom has somehow split into three (and? What the fuck does this have to to with me?), and each wizard represents one of the rulers, each a different form of Saber. He represents her normal state, presumably the version of Saber that Shirou summoned.

What, the one who attempted to burn her wife to death for committing adultery, despite the marriage being a total fucking sham in the first place?

Then the woman who isn't Rin steps forward. She explains that her name is Morgan le Fay (that's a good start...), and that she represents Saber's Altered state.

Yeah, I know Nasu's alignments aren't exactly reliable, but, still, I think I'm probably better off staying away from the psychotic fascist....

Finally, Rin herself steps forwards. She claims to represent some version of Saber (heh, she still thinks of her as 'Saber' too...) who leads the "white lily faction" (does she mean 'Saber Lily'?), and she claims they are pacifists (that's got to be good, right? I mean, pacifists aren't usually known for being brutal, mass-murdering, oppressive dictators...).

Well, anyway, I know fuck all about this Saber, which means she's way ahead of the other two right now....

Finally, Merlin speaks again.

"...we brought you here to end it."

Oh, so that's what this is about? You couldn't work out which one of your fucking precious Kings should oppress everyone, so you decided to drag me here to decide for you?

"You may of course refuse to assist any of us if that is your wish"

Yeah, I might take you up on that offer.... I think, furious at the situation they've put me in.

Finally, the old git stops speaking, and I immediately begin shouting angrily

"Wait, so you took me away from my home and my family and transported me to some fucking field in God-knows-where just because you can't decide which one of your precious fucking Saber's should be allowed to rule the country? Haven't you heard of "sharing"? Or tossing a fucking coin? Why the fuck does it matter anyway, none of you have the fucking right to order people around, people should be free to do what they want. You have absolutely no fucking right to imprison, torture and murder people just because they won't fucking follow your bullshit arbitrary rules or because they don't fucking well bow three fucking times and act all defferential to the fucking King."

Then, I turn to Rin

"And what the fuck are you doing here? I thought you said you were pacifists? Why the hell are you getting involved in their fucking moronic war?"

Calming down slightly, I address the three wizards again.

"Look, I don't see why you've brought me here. I'm just a normal guy, I have no special powers. Plus, I don't take any notice of the rules our elected government makes, so what makes you think I'd be willing to follow the dictats of some arbitrarily-appointed King? I'm from a different era, and I have a different mindset. I can't serve any of you, and I have nothing to give you in..."

Wait, hang on a minute, I think, coming to a sudden realisation.

If King Arthur is around, then I must be 1500 years in the past.

I'm 1500 years in the past with everything I've ever learnt in the back of my car....

I could put them 1500 years ahead of their time. I could save thousands of lives. I can do anything I like....

I can't pass up this opportunity.

"Hmm, maybe I do have something to offer after all. I am a scientist, you see, and I'm from 1500 years in the future. Plus, I have all my work in the back of the machine I arrived in. I couldn't care less about your fucking nobility and I have no interest in following any of you, but the knowledge that I have could save thousands of lives. I can't pass up that chance, even if it means being stuck with one of your leaders", I say, explaining my position.

"But, I have no intention of serving any of your rulers, or of submitting to them. I will help you, I might fight for you if I find your cause to be worthy and I may eventually even follow you, if you impress me enough, but I will never serve you and I will never unquestioningly obey you. That is just not how I am.

I'd like to give my technology to everyone freely without prejudice, but ultimately I have to live somewhere, at least until I find a way to go back home, so in the end I have to choose with one of you. Plus, it's bound to have military applications too, and if I have the ability to end this war quickly, I may as well use it to end it in favour of the side I'd prefer to see win. I have no interest in fighting to support the claims of a king, no matter how benevolent they may be, but I will fight for freedom, and I will fight to defeat tyranny.

So, I want to know where all of you stand. What are your countries like, and what are your leaders like? What are their values? Do you execute people, and what for? Do you imprison people for disobeying the king? Do you torture and abuse your citizens? Do you abuse your power for your own gain?

I need to know these things, so I can decide who best to follow. Currently, Rin, I'm inclined towards your side, but honestly I know very little about your particular version of Saber, and I need to know more before I can really move there. After all, I don't want to end up in prison or worse because I don't fit in with your society."
    Last edited by Mike1984; July 8th, 2011 at 03:39 PM.

Blog Entries
    Ryougi walked towards the shouting British man with the car, fully sheathing her katana as she did so. And as he stopped making his point, she stopped besides him, and spoke herself.

"I have to agree with English-san - sorry, what's your name?"

Mike's response
    "Hi. My name is Mike, thanks for your support. I believe you are Shiki. Am I correct?"

"That would be correct, yes. Anyway, as English-san said, you're walking on thin ice. I really couldn't care less about his grand political points, but he does have a different, correct one: who the hell let you summon us? Quite frankly, the only reason I haven't killed you already for pulling me here is that I'm not sure if I could, and that you are likely the only ones that can send me back. The only assistance you will get from me is if you treat me as an equal to yourselves, and if you can find a way to send me back. Otherwise, I think I'll stay out of your irrelevant power struggle, and help English-san with his saving people thing. Seems to me like a more worthwhile goal than to fight for little cause."

Even though she was not yet the crime boss she could become, Ryougi had the mind of one. Get with the most powerful side. If the Englishman played his cards right, he could become the most respected and loved figure in the kingdoms by the people, and history shows that the people usually win a popular revolt. And, she had common cause with him: to get back to their own worlds. She could at least trust his final intention, unlike the magi.
    Last edited by SeiKeo; June 29th, 2011 at 07:33 PM.

“Eh????? Master? Oniichan?”
    Shirou immediately turned to the white haired girl. She looked a lot like Archer with her red jacket and white hair. He was confused of course. There was only one person who called him 'Onii-chan', and that person was a little girl by the name of Ilya von Einzbern. Whoever this girl was, she wasn't Ilya. "Huh? Do I know you?"

“it’s a long story Emiya, though at the moment I’m somewhat more intrigued by that girl who call you Onii-chan”
    His earlier drowsiness was completely gone now. "Me too," he agreed. Then, one of the people summoned began laughing maniacally. Whoever that man was, Shirou was wary of him. He didn't seem to be completely sane and experience taught him those kind of people ended up being the most troublesome. Wait a minute, did he say Merlin? Merlin was the wizard from King Arthur's legend.... Saber's legend.

And then he said it. Arturia Pendragon. Saber... Saber was here?!

He didn't care too much about what was said afterward. Altered state? White lily? It didn't make any sense.

No, what mattered was that Saber was here. He had fully expected never to see her again. Shirou didn't expect to meet her again, especially so suddenly and so soon after her departure. Shirou was snapped out of his thoughts by that British man's rather loud rant. While Shirou didn't really care too much about what he was saying, people would usually get mad if they were suddenly transported to another place and most likely, time.

The girl with the red jacket then voiced her own opinion that agreed with the British man, or English-san as she called him.

Shirou carefully eyed Caster and Assassin. Considering the last time he had seen them, they were trying to kill him. He was more worried about Caster though, Shirou was positive that Gilgamesh wasn't going to come out of nowhere and kill Caster for him again.

Blog Entries
    Caster was stunned. Why would these people summon such a treacherous person as herself?

Well whether they knew it or not, they did in fact save her from death so she owed them at least that.

Observing them from a distance Caster could already tell that at least two of the three magi were very strong. Possibly stronger then herself though how strong she could not tell.

‘Trying to fight them would be unwise so for now I shall play their little game until I can find a way back.’

While Caster did not care much about what the other people said she did have a question that needed answering.

“How are you going to decide which one of you we shall fight for? Will you have a display of power, or are you going to just wait and hope we choose on our own?”

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Assassin wasn't surprised at the fact that he had been summoned, yet again, to fight in a battle that had little to do with him. But his conditions were better off this time around, since he hadn't been immediately bound to something in the vicinity by a cruel Master. His freedom was still intact, he could refuse to fight if he chose too...

But if the Magi were to be believed, then Saber was here, he could use this second chance to settle that long-awaited match. It didn't even have to be a death match, simply knowing that he defeated her would be good enough for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbunk View Post
    “How are you going to decide which one of you we shall fight for? Will you have a display of power, or are you going to just wait and hope we choose on our own?”
    But here lay the issue.

If he decided to fight, there would be three kings to choose from, and he only knew one of them personally.

Saber was similar to himself, she possessed a code of honor similar to the degree of Bushido he himself maintained. She didn't rely on sneak attacks, or assassinations, when she decided to fight it was in an honorable head on manner. He figured that if he had to pick someone to follow, then it would be someone that he knew about, and could get along with to some extent.

Perhaps she would spar with him a bit if he became a soldier, fulfilling his other goal of a match against her as well.

He wouldn't kill her if he won of course, it was in bad taste to kill one's monarch.

He had noticed some tension aimed at him from both Saber's former Master, and a white haired young woman near him, though since they didn't appear to be on the verge of attacking him, he had simply made a mental note of it.

---He had never needed a stance for anything other than his Secret Technique, even drawing his sword at a sudden ambush took no real time for him to accomplish.

"Can you tell me anything about why this battle is taking place?" he turned his gaze towards the three magi, "I have no issues with raising my sword for a cause, but acting as a soldier just because someone asks me to doesn't sit well with me. Is the conflict some sort of blood feud? Is one of these kings acting as a Tyrant?"
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

I stood in place quietly while gathering my thoughts.

'A war between 3 Sabers?'
    Sounds fun.

I was about to ask a question when the person who looked like Medea suddenly said what I was going to ask.

I waited to see if it would be answered.
    -Insert witty signature here-

Quote Originally Posted by Ace
    "Huh? Do I know you?"
    "What are you talking about, Shirou? Of course you know me," I said incredulously, before pausing. Hold on a minute, there might be an explanation. We were summoned through time, after all. Maybe he hadn't fought in the war yet. But if that was the case, why didn't he seem more weirded out by all this? Well, nothing to do now but go forward.

"Or maybe you don't yet. Haha!" I laughed while scratching the back of my head. My laughs faded into a smirk as I got an idea. I sauntered over to Shirou and threw my arms around his neck.

"Don't worry, Ilya-chan will keep you safe in this land that time forgot," I whispered into his ear.

I dropped my arms around Shirou's waist and rested my chin on his shoulder as I listened to Merlin(!) describe why we were summoned.

Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades
    "For a reason I cannot fathom these are three kings different forms of Arturia Pendragon the king of knights."
    A glassy look appeared in my eyes as I spaced out.

"Oniichan... and three Sabers..." I mumbled, before something Caster said caught my attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbunk
    I lifted my head and glanced at Caster. "As much as I may not like you, you have a point."

I turned to Merlin. "I don't have a problem fighting in this war persay; that's pretty much what I was expecting to do once I felt the summmoning. But what next? Do I get to pick my own master? That would be pretty neat."

From what Merlin said the Sabers can't get along, but I wish it would happen. That way instead of serving only one, all four, or five counting Shirou, of us could "serve" each other!

No, no, bad Ilya! Don't go there again!
    Last edited by Spooky; June 22nd, 2011 at 10:34 PM.

Blog Entries
    Lantz smiled quietly then turned to Shiki and Mike scanning the others in the crowd as well “you don’t need to ask why they summoned you; you need to ask yourselves why you answered. Three powerful mages at Stonehenge at midday is not fucking around magic. You had to answer the call even if it wasn’t knowingly you said yes to the summons. The answer is with you, as for the freedom fighter here. Mike and you tirade like authority and order is the bane of all things. I only know one mike like that and if your field is physics then you’re him”

Lantz paused. “But let’s say for a moment that I’m right and you are him, carrying that assumption through given who I am then pancake boy over here must be as well. The question is, does the term beast’s lair mean anything to either of you?”

Merlin waited quietly and then stated simply “We represent different ideologies. Each kingdom seeing things differently. It would be pointless to force you to obey any one side with sheer force so the choice is yours who you follow.”

The old wizard paused again stroking his beard. “Yes that girl is your father’s daughter Emiya Shirou, your sister as it were. I cannot force you to come with me or join us Emiya but. I would be honoured if you at the least came to see our king and spoke.”

He paused again “I ask it of you as well Lantz though I have little hope you’ll accept”

Lantz shook his head “You are right old man I shall not. But I promise My own why will be given to you in time”

Rin fidgeted slightly at Shirou’s excitement at the mention of Saber.

The raven haired woman spoke up “Kojiro sasuki. What do I seek would be a better question for you, would it not?”

Banned
    Blog Entries
    As I finish my rant, a girl walks up beside me. I turn my head to look at her as she begins to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    "I have to agree with English-san - sorry, what's your name?"
    Hmm, she looks familiar, I think.

I think back to the images I've seen on Beast's Lair and other TM sites, and recall seeing her image.

Wait, that's R. Shiki, from KnK, I realise, What the hell is she doing here...?

Still, she seems to be agreeing with me, and given how powerful she is, that can only be a good thing. I mean, if you can kill God, then I'm pretty damn sure you can kill uppety monarchs who think they're the best thing since sliced bread too....

Realising this, I decide to respond to her question.

"Hi. My name is Mike, thanks for your support. I believe you are Shiki. Am I correct?"

She continues to speak, seemingly less sure in her own abilities than I am. Although, I guess that's what you get when your sole source of information is powerlevel discussions on an internet forum....

"Anyway, as English-san said, you're walking on thin ice. I really couldn't care less about his grand political points, but he does have a different, correct one: who the hell let you summon us? Quite frankly, the only reason I haven't killed you already for pulling me here is that I'm not sure if I could, and that you are likely the only ones that can send me back. The only assistance you will get from me is if you treat me as an equal to yourselves, and if you can find a way to send me back. Otherwise, I think I'll stay out of your irrelevant power struggle, and help English-san with his saving people thing. Seems to me like a more worthwhile goal than to fight for little cause."
    Hmm, well, she doesn't seem to hold quite the same views as me, but nevertheless she seems to want to help me, which is nice.

I begin to speak in response. But, before I can respond, the guy called 'Lance' speaks up, in an attempt to defend Merlin's actions, and their decision to summon me.

Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    Lantz smiled quietly then turned to Shiki and Mike scanning the others in the crowd as well “you don’t need to ask why they summoned you; you need to ask yourselves why you answered. Three powerful mages at Stonehenge at midday is not fucking around magic. You had to answer the call even if it wasn’t knowingly you said yes to the summons.
    "I never chose to accept any summons, not to my knowledge anyway. And, even if I somehow did without realising it, it sure as hell wasn't so I could serve some fucking dictator. If I did make some decision to come, in some part of my mind, then it would have been because I thought I could help people or because I wanted to fight to free them from tyranny, not to help some king kill them in the pursuit of absolute power", I respond.

"The answer is with you, as for the freedom fighter here. Mike and you tirade like authority and order is the bane of all things. I only know one mike like that and if your field is physics then you’re him”

Lantz paused. “But let’s say for a moment that I’m right and you are him, carrying that assumption through given who I am then pancake boy over here must be as well. The question is, does the term beast’s lair mean anything to either of you?”
    Wait, he knows about Beast's Lair?, I think.

He clearly knows me, but I don't remember anyone called Lanc...

Wait

He didn't say Lance, he said Lantz.

Suddenly, a realisation hits me. The person in front of me is, oddly, someone I know well, and indeed would consider a friend. However, given how much we've clashed before on various issues, I cannot be sure that we will see eye-to-eye, and as a big Saber fan he's not likely to appreciate my opinions on her rulership. Nevertheless, I acknowledge who I am.

"Wait, you're Lantz, as in Lantzblades, from BL? Yeah, I'm the Mike you know. Hopefully we won't end up fighting one another here....", I say.

"So, Lant...", I continue, only to be cut off by Merlin's "response",

“We represent different ideologies. Each kingdom seeing things differently. It would be pointless to force you to obey any one side with sheer force so the choice is yours who you follow.”
    Hearing this, I am reminded once again of Shiki's previous comment. Even now, he is still making the same assumption, that we should somehow be expected to choose a ruler to bow down to and obey, and then help them to force everyone else to bow down to and obey them. Further, he has still not provided any remotely useful information.

"But, like Shiki said, why should we be expected to follow any of you? What right do you have to demand we obey one of your rulers? If you want my help, you're going to have to treat me as an equal, not as an underling. I am willing to fight for a worthy cause, and I certainly want to help the people of your conutry, but I will not obey your orders without question, nor those of your king. You pulled us here, you have to deal with the consequences and the fallout of that decision, whether you like it or not.

And, yet again you insist on asking us to choose one of you to support without giving us any information with which to make that choice. If I am going to decide which, if any, of you I am willing to help, I need more information. I need to know what you stand for, before I find myself in the dungeon of some fascist kingdom that I just decided to pay a quick visit to. So, again, I ask, could you please explain yourselves. What is your country like? What are the rulers like? Whilst I dislike the concept of a monarchy, in the end what matters most to me is not how the leaders are chosen but how free the people are. After all, democratically elected leaders can be just as corrupt and authoritarian as monarchs can be, and indeed the country I live in still has a monarch, albeit one whose duties are mainly ceremonial. I would like to change this country for the better, in many different ways, but I can only do that if I know who I can trust and work with.

However, if you seriously believe that I am going to assist one of your kings in bringing the rest of the country under your iron grip, you are sorely mistaken. I will not kow-tow to any person based on an accident of birth, or indeed for any other reason, and nor will I help you force anyone else to do so. I am willing to fight for freedom and what is right, but I am not willing to fight to replace one brutal and oppressive dictator with another."

However, temporarily ignoring me, Merlin continues responding to the others, once again answering their questions without seemingly paying any attention whatsoever to me.

The old wizard paused again stroking his beard. “Yes that girl is your father’s daughter Emiya Shirou, your sister as it were. I cannot force you to come with me or join us Emiya but. I would be honoured if you at the least came to see our king and spoke.”

He paused again “I ask it of you as well Lantz though I have little hope you’ll accept”
    Annoyed at his total refusal to tell me what the hell is going on, I respond again.

"And what about me?" I ask, "You seem to have entirely ignored my questions, and Shiki's too. Do you not wish for our help? If not, then why did you summon us? So you could make us stand in some muddy field and feed us a bunch of bullshit about the Divine Right of Kings?

Before I can even consider fighting for one of you, I need to know what you stand for, and what it will mean for me if I go with you."

Then, finally turning back to Shiki, I respond to her eariler statement.

"As for you, Shiki, I will gladly work alongside you for the good of the people, and I would indeed like to find my way home some day. After all, I have family and friends too. I hope we will be able to work together well, and help the people overcome poverty and, if necessary, tyranny."

Blog Entries
    Shiki brushed this off with a short reply, but inside her mind was whirling. How does he know my name? What's going on here? This was something that she had to get to the bottom of, but it could wait until the time was right. He continues to expound on his values, and the evils of dictatorship. Hmm. Fierce... not willing to compromise... that may be a problem, but it may also be an advantage.

He finishes with an offer of... alliance, I would call it? I guess I have no reason to decline, and reasons to accept. "Alright, Mike-san. Shall we?" I ask, holding out a hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    "Don't worry, Ilya-chan will keep you safe in this land that time forgot," I whispered into his ear.
    "I-I-Ilya-chan!? Shirou exclaimed suddenly, getting him out of his thoughts immediately. This girl, who looked a lot like Archer was Ilya? What? How? Why? This was crazy, Ilya was just a little girl there was no way... there was probably an explanation for this. He definitely was going to need to talk to her. Geez, just when he thought his life had returned to normal he was summoned by Rin, Merlin, and another woman into another world to fight a war between three different versions of Saber.

And then she threw her arms around him. Wait, didn't Ilya do that too...? But then the difference between this girl who claimed to be Ilya and the Ilya he knew made itself known. "H-Hey! Get off of me! Gah!" he yelled as he desperately tried to get her off of him. He was certain this was probably a funny sight for the rest of the people here. Shirou bet Tohsaka was going to have a field day with this later when they talked.

"Oniichan... and three Sabers..."
    Shirou blushed madly as he figured out what exactly she meant by that. Memories of that night with him, Saber, and Rin resurfaced. Just as he tried to get those thoughts out of his head, memories of that other night appeared. Damn it! Why did this have to happen...? Even more blood rushed to his face.

The rest of the conversation happening were lost to Shirou's ears.