Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Holy Fifth (OOC)

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries

The Holy Fifth (OOC)

"Look alive, ladies."

Someone flicks on the light. A supernatural light that pierces straight through you, scorching the inside of your body before the pain vanishes, so quickly that you can't even be sure it wasn't your imagination. It blinds you for an instant, during which the owner of the first voice to speak to you since you entered continues without pause.

"If you're here, it means your background check came up clean."

Your blurred vision is starting to clear. There is a room of brown and gold with colourful furniture, a blurry figure standing on the opposite end, and...

"If you're here and still moving, it means the diagnostic spell didn't snuff you out like the rats you could've been."

Something acrid hits your nose. The familiar scent of fat burning, coming from your far right. The blur in front motions with an equally fuzzy hand, and the source of the smell disappears, leaving behind only traces. But it does the job. While your mind is preoccupied with the scent, your eyes finally clear fully, revealing everything.

The man is nondescript. Not only average, but excessively so. Short, cropped hair, a prickly chin, and too many lines on the rest. If his pockmarked face weren't so dull, he'd be an excellent lead for one of those American blockbusters. He waves with a hand that holds a clipped cigar, unwittingly showing off the tight fit of his suit.

"Now that we've got the pleasantries outta the way," he grunts. "Let me introduce you to your new employer."

The regal room has two doors: the one through which you were shepherded, and the one through which said employer is brought in, sitting on a gold-rimmed wheelchair that moves by itself. It squeaks as it moves, wheeling to a stop next to the tall bodyguard. The chair's occupant, a gaunt, withered man with traces of grey in his grizzly hair, frowns upon glimpsing you, but refrains from voicing his obvious disappointment.

"You've been brought here to perform a service," he proclaims, voice strong despite age's toll. He is less offensively American than his subordinate, but only slightly. "And, because you are in dire need of the assistance I offer. The former will bring about the latter."

Of course. That's why your here. This Lord is the only one that can bail you out, now. Whatever he asks, it's your only hope.

The Lord clears his throat.

"Take a look at the people beside you. When you're risking your lives tomorrow night, they will be your only lifeline."

On its own, your head turns, to see...

[-------------------------------]

The Holy Fifth

Yeah, that's right. It's that time of year again.

Here's the deal: You're a person in the Nasuverse. Wanna be a magus? Fine? Vamp on the run? Go ahead. Demon Hybrid with no reason to be outside of Japan? Hell yeah. Normal person with inexplicable knowledge of the Moonlit World? Whatever you say, weirdo.

Whatever you are, you are also this: In need.

Be it money, ingredients, protection, or some over vague thing, you need it, fast. You're so damn desperate that you took a near-suicidal job in exchange for getting that thing. Maybe you're a Freelancer that offed a hoity toity magus with a powerful bloodline, and need some clout to get the heat off your back. Perhaps your body ain't normal, and you're running out of that expensive thing that keeps you alive. Or maybe you're just a greedy asshole that wants cash, and a lot of it. The end result is that you're here and you're ready to break a fuck ton of laws to get whatever it is that you want, even if it means getting into the most highly guarded parts of the Clock Tower to steal whatever it is your employer wants to get his hands on.

So you hear, maybe through the local grapevine, a trusted friend, some shady guy in a magus bar, or through sheer coincidence, that some Lord has what you want. So you get in contact with him and he says "Yeah, I got what you need, but only if you got what I need."

So you say "I got what you need," and he believes you.

So now you're here.

All five of you.

Character sheet needs a name, some kind of description, and what your deal is. Background, personality, all that jazz. How you got here would be nice, plus what you need. And of course what you can do. No number systems or anything like that, so don't feel too restricted in terms of abilities. Just remember that you're not a Big Deal and if you try to make a Big Deal sheet it's gonna get cut down to size or cut out entirely. Each of the Five has a different sort of niche, so if I get two sheets that fill the same one, somebody's getting the boot. Try and think of what kinda players a heist is gonna need, and build from there. Go hog wild.

Got any questions, just ask me on IRC. Don't know what IRC is? A PM is fine too.

Oh, right. And one of the five, not gonna say who, ain't who they say they are. Assume these guys know you're coming. Security's gonna be tight. There are countermeasures to consider, and it looks like the Lord's spell didn't catch one. But who?

Maybe it's you.

Ginger Magus
    Thos looks fantastic I'll start writing my sheet as soon as I get home.

Maybe I'll try submitting a sheet too, sounds fun.

I think I'll maybe try submitting a sheet.

I'll see, been pretty mentally drained after work these days.

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Deadline for the sheet?

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingeR View Post
    Deadline for the sheet?
    No hard deadlines. Once I've accepted enough sheets I'll start the RP. Of course a crappy sheet won't get accepted no matter how quickly it's submitted. However I'll say I won't start the RP until at least a week from now even if I get five amazing sheets tomorrow, so that's a deadline of sorts.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'll send soemthing not today
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    No hard deadlines. Once I've accepted enough sheets I'll start the RP. Of course a crappy sheet won't get accepted no matter how quickly it's submitted. However I'll say I won't start the RP until at least a week from now even if I get five amazing sheets tomorrow, so that's a deadline of sorts.
    I'll give you five amazing sheets on my own, then~! :3
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    Already sent in my sheet.

I'll be providing the guns for this outing.
    Last edited by Mormarth; January 12th, 2016 at 02:51 AM.

Sent in sheet. Hype-o!

Blog Entries
    Elegy of Giants, why did you have to die.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    sent

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Elegy of Giants, why did you have to die.
    Am I wrong or did that one end in everyone stuck in a car attacked by an enemy stend trying to figure it out one after another?

I don't think you can actually do teamwork in JoJo. Two any stands at once are already too broken.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    sent

Am I wrong or did that one end in everyone stuck in a car attacked by an enemy stend trying to figure it out one after another?

I don't think you can actually do teamwork in JoJo. Two any stands at once are already too broken.
    It was actually going pretty well and the introductory fights were a post or two away from wrapping up, but then one of the players had a brain fart and just refused to post, so the RP came to a screeching halt 'cus I didn't have the cojones to kill him off for inactivity. Needless to say this one won't be having that kind of problem.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Woo, sent
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Okay, the unofficial 'deadline' is today. Looking over things, I've got links to sheets or sheet ideas from Ratman, Milbunk, KT, Janx, Race, Morm, Certis, and Kirby. That makes eight. If you've given me a sheet and you haven't been mentioned, it means instead of a PM you tossed me something over IRC that I took one look at and promptly forgot (KT is lucky I didn't erase my history). Anyway, I'll have picked the final composition by sometime tomorrow, and then I'll balance the chosen sheets with feedback from their respective players. If you haven't submitted a sheet yet and plan to, getting it in early tomorrow is your best bet.

low temperature beans.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Okay, after deliberating for a good bit, I've picked out the final five. It wasn't easy; narrowing it down gave me a particularly hard time near the end, but that's life for ya. Pretty much all the submissions I got were great, and I had to cut a few good sheets because they either weren't a good fit or had a bit too much overlap with another player. Normally I'd just add another slot but that'd ruin the RP's name, so this is who we're going with:

1. Mormarth - The Guns
    2. Katie - The Jazz
    3. Janx - The Habit
    4. Ratman - The Tank
    5. RacingeR - The Professional

IC thread will be up when it's up, likely within a week. Balancing is also gonna happen within the next few days; I'll contact each and every one of you at some point or another.

For now, go ahead and post those face claims, boys.

Cyä Egha is

“I cannot end here! I have come too far! I must discover the truth!”

Struggle all you like. Your goal and your doom are one and the same.
    THE HABIT

Last edited by Janx; January 21st, 2016 at 06:20 PM.