Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sometimes I Do Art

Sometimes I Do Art

...But only unpredictably and sporadically.

Anyways, first WIP of 2016:

Attachment 13813

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Quad's Avatar
    that's a cool luvia. i think

Ahaha, thanks. Yeah, it's Luvia.
    Last edited by Gl❀w; January 15th, 2016 at 04:15 AM.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I welcome this thread! Hopefully, it'll be seeing more art soon.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    I welcome this thread! Hopefully, it'll be seeing more art soon.
    Yes, hopefully I'm trying to do a lot of art this year, so....We'll see how well I stick to it, and how much progress I can make by 2017.

Any suggestions of what you'd like to see?

Blog Entries
    I have no preferences! Just draw whatever you feel like. If you're really fishing for ideas, though... draw Jeanne, I suppose?
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

Blog Entries
    Oh you're doing the thing.

It is good.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    I have no preferences! Just draw whatever you feel like. If you're really fishing for ideas, though... draw Jeanne, I suppose?
    one note fanart requests
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Okay, never mind, draw the cute girl Leonardo da Vinci, pls.

love me until I love myself Prix with a Silent X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You mentioned to me that you were changing her hairstyle just a little, and I think you did so, but it seems to be pretty congruent with the art in your avatar. What exactly was your process of wanting to change it? Because it still seems to work really well and to be a good likeness.
    Imagine that the world is made out of love. Now imagine that it isn’t.

Imagine a story where everything goes wrong, where everyone has their back against the wall, where everyone is in pain and acting selfishly because if they don’t, they’ll die.
    Imagine a story, not of good against evil, but of need against need against need, where everyone is at cross-purposes and everyone is to blame.

Blog of Fiction for You to Consume
    Other Links

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Let Sakura say fuck and eat junkfood you weirdos.

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Grail Grand Prix View Post
    You mentioned to me that you were changing her hairstyle just a little, and I think you did so, but it seems to be pretty congruent with the art in your avatar. What exactly was your process of wanting to change it? Because it still seems to work really well and to be a good likeness.
    I started out with her classic Luvia hair and then this happened:

1) "This hair looks ridiculous on this face"

2) "There is no way I can get this hair to not look like a drag queen in this particular image"

3) "Fuck it, I'm going with her other hair."

I'm calling it a day on this piece. There's stuff I could correct/ change / improve but I'm bored so ; )
    Last edited by Gl❀w; February 6th, 2021 at 02:38 AM.

Blog Entries
    It looks good. I like seeing these kinds of characters drawn in a realistic style.

Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    It looks good. I like seeing these kinds of characters drawn in a realistic style.
    Thanks I'm compiling a list including Enkidu and uhmmmm the other guy you mentioned that I will have to look up lol.

But yes thank you

love me until I love myself Prix with a Silent X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    She's very pretty and the ribbon stands out to me. The whole portrait is really nice but the ribbon also looking realistic adds to it a lot, I think.
    Imagine that the world is made out of love. Now imagine that it isn’t.

Imagine a story where everything goes wrong, where everyone has their back against the wall, where everyone is in pain and acting selfishly because if they don’t, they’ll die.
    Imagine a story, not of good against evil, but of need against need against need, where everyone is at cross-purposes and everyone is to blame.

Blog of Fiction for You to Consume
    Other Links

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Let Sakura say fuck and eat junkfood you weirdos.

wow i really like how your luvia turned out

Quote Originally Posted by PuRin0 View Post
    wow i really like how your luvia turned out
    Thank you!

The Luvia portrait is really good! I love how you painted Luvia's face! I think my only feedback is that in my opinion her neck seems a little too thick on the left side. It doesn't curve inward and is missing that concave neck shape. Without it it makes her neck seem more masculine.

I did a small quick edit to the neck so you can get a better idea what I mean.

A good tip is to flip the canvas occasionally to mirror your painting. This makes sure your eyes don't get too used to your painting. When your eyes focus too long on a painting you're working on they get so used to it that they get a bit lazy and make you miss little things you would normally catch. This is absolutely true with drawing as well. Our eyes are jerks like that.

Either way keep the paintings coming! You have really good talent and I'm looking forward to your next character portrait!

What do you use to create these? The depth is amazing; I feel like her nose and chin are sticking out of the screen.
    O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed you have not already collapsed in ruin.

Quote Originally Posted by RossC90 View Post
    The Luvia portrait is really good! I love how you painted Luvia's face! I think my only feedback is that in my opinion her neck seems a little too thick on the left side. It doesn't curve inward and is missing that concave neck shape. Without it it makes her neck seem more masculine.

I did a small quick edit to the neck so you can get a better idea what I mean.

A good tip is to flip the canvas occasionally to mirror your painting. This makes sure your eyes don't get too used to your painting. When your eyes focus too long on a painting you're working on they get so used to it that they get a bit lazy and make you miss little things you would normally catch. This is absolutely true with drawing as well. Our eyes are jerks like that.
    I'll actually tell you why her neck ended up that way, lol. I try to use references from people of the character's nationality as much as possible, and the person I used as a base for Luvia is Kiira Korpi, who is a Finnish figure skater. She's very petite but she does have a little stronger features in some areas that can seem somewhat masculine when her hair isn't pulled back tight. However, I'll take this under advisement since it is art and in the end I can do whatever I want to it, haha.

But thanks for the tip about mirroring- for some reason I've never thought to do this before and I absolutely have left things for awhile only to come back later and ask myself what in the world I was thinking when I missed this mistake and that mistake and so on.

Also, thank you for the complement! But I must admit it's less talent and more hard work. My friend has been sort of tutoring me for the past year and it's really made a voodoo-magic level of difference

Quote Originally Posted by Walnut Sparks View Post
    What do you use to create these? The depth is amazing; I feel like her nose and chin are
    sticking out of the screen.
    I personally use Photoshop CS3 and a basic Bamboo art tablet. I've never bothered upgrading CS3 to one of the newer versions because imo there's really no features significantly different/attractive enough from what I have that I can't duplicate with slightly less "instant" methods. Sure, it's a little more work, but it's a lot less $$$. Thanks so much for that comment though! It really does mean a lot to get the positive feedback.
    Last edited by Gl❀w; January 18th, 2016 at 02:07 PM.