Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: some doodles (´・ω・`)

Quote Originally Posted by Quad View Post
    how are you so good
    Quote Originally Posted by PuRin0 View Post
    THANK You ^_^
    i still think i'm not good enough cuz i still REALLY struggle with color,composition and finishing stuff in general ;-;
    also you just need to make a LOT of crappy drawing to get to the better ones and you only get better the more you do it it's just a matter of practice nothing special
    I know this sounds like frustrating cliche from skilled people but it's actually really true. The other helpful thing is to find an art mentor who you have good chemistry with and who will work with you on improving at a reasonable pace that suits your level. My friend started tutoring me last year and it was like witchcraft-voodoo how I've improved since then. The more you draw, or paint, or whatever, the better your eyes get at determining where things need change or improvement.

In the words of the great Confucius, "It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop."

I'll give you the Hachiman advice, imitate. It may sound wrong, but a lot of principles can be studied just trying to copy other people's work. Heck, that's why I got a semi-persona thing going on a lot of my pictures because that's what I started with, before taking influences everywhere else. You don't even have to be subtle about it, you'll just grow into something you can call your own.

But yeah, nothing happens if you stop.
    Last edited by Phearo; January 21st, 2016 at 06:09 AM.
    Hamburgers.
    (I have a tendency of not finishing things I've started.)
    I hang out alot at my own Discord server, though there isn't really much activity in there. The Art Haus Chatterbox! Accepting commissions. Do you want some art done, and do you want it done for cheap? PM me, man, and we can talk. Currently not taking any commissions, sorry!

Viz's OC Jenovah Krystov she has an interesting backstory

i don't know if i captured the character well so i hope i gave her justice if not forgive me ^_^'

Wow, well made, bro.
    Jenovah looks awesome and dangerous, XD.
    That belong to her.
    Truly a Radioactive heroine.
    Which is also an uncommon theme in Anime/Manga.

Quote Originally Posted by KosakiFag View Post
    Why don't you love him too then?
    You're both Grails.

Quote Originally Posted by Viz View Post
    Wow, well made, bro.
    Jenovah looks awesome and dangerous, XD.
    That belong to her.
    Truly a Radioactive heroine.
    Which is also an uncommon theme in Anime/Manga.
    i had doubts when i was drawing her cuz i'm kinda sick today (maybe i caught some cold ^_^') that's why it took so long, so i wasn't confident if the image was ok or not.
    i'm really happy that you liked her

Oh, that's sad to hear.
    Get better soon.
    We need to keep more contact between each other.

You're both Grails.

Quote Originally Posted by Phearo View Post
    I'll give you the Hachiman advice, imitate. It may sound wrong, but a lot of principles can be studied just trying to copy other people's work. Heck, that's why I got a semi-persona thing going on a lot of my pictures because that's what I started with, before taking influences everywhere else. You don't even have to be subtle about it, you'll just grow into something you can call your own.

But yeah, nothing happens if you stop.
    that's all true especially the part of nothing happens if you stop
    Quote Originally Posted by Glow View Post
    The other helpful thing is to find an art mentor who you have good chemistry with and who will work with you on improving at a reasonable pace that suits your level. My friend started tutoring me last year and it was like witchcraft-voodoo how I've improved since then."
    i wish i have a mentor...having a mentor really speeds up your growth because he/she can just point out your mistakes instantly.i wasted a lot of time on stuff that are so simple or repeating the same exact mistakes over and over without knowing.like now i'm really struggling with finishing stuff and figuring what steps should i take and with painting,anatomy,perspective,proportions,colors,fo rms...and the list goes on >.< Glow you should be grateful for your mentor specially when you have good chemistry going on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Viz View Post
    Oh, that's sad to hear.
    Get better soon.
    We need to keep more contact between each other.
    no it's ok ! i had fun drawing her also i told you that i will get it done by today

haha i was drawing this then i figured i just made gilgamesh with a braid >.<

i wish i have a mentor...having a mentor really speeds up your growth because he/she can just point out your mistakes instantly.i wasted a lot of time on stuff that are so simple or repeating the same exact mistakes over and over without knowing.like now i'm really struggling with finishing stuff and figuring what steps should i take and with painting,anatomy,perspective,proportions,colors,fo rms...and the list goes on >.< Glow you should be grateful for your mentor specially when you have good chemistry going on.
    I know that feeling well. I know we have extremely different art styles, but a lot of principles are the same across all art mediums so if you ever see something I post up that you would like to know how to do, or if you ever have a specific question on something, don't hesitate to ask. I'll point you in the right direction to the best of my ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Glow View Post
    I know that feeling well. I know we have extremely different art styles, but a lot of principles are the same across all art mediums so if you ever see something I post up that you would like to know how to do, or if you ever have a specific question on something, don't hesitate to ask. I'll point you in the right direction to the best of my ability.
    oooh thank you really appreciate it !!

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Quad's Avatar
    i had a mentor but he wasn't like amazing and now i think i'm better than him (at least at what i do most)
    he just points out some of the more obvious mistakes that my brain tunes out when i draw for too long

Karna even tho i didn't start /apocrypha yet ( ;-; ) i just love this guy XD

also if any one wants me to draw a character i will try to do my best

Cool, you did draw Karna very well.
    Would love to see how you do my other OC I showed you.

You're both Grails.

Viz other Oc Sekhtet

hope i gave her justice

Ryougi Shiki

not sure if i gave her any justice at all...

Saber Alter

Well done.

You're both Grails.

Ryougi Shiki

not sure if i gave her any justice at all...
    It doesn't look like her, especially with the 'same-face' direction your artstyle has. The hair looks like it's too wavy, with different strands of hair having varying length.

Shiki has a fairly even mop of a hair, so try going for that, I guess. All you have to do is take away the tufts of hair spiking out on the upper back of her head, smooth that out, and you got a fairly good Ryougi.

something like this I guess

Hope you don't mind me mucking about your sketch.
    Last edited by Phearo; January 25th, 2016 at 12:17 PM.
    Hamburgers.
    (I have a tendency of not finishing things I've started.)
    I hang out alot at my own Discord server, though there isn't really much activity in there. The Art Haus Chatterbox! Accepting commissions. Do you want some art done, and do you want it done for cheap? PM me, man, and we can talk. Currently not taking any commissions, sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Phearo View Post
    It doesn't look like her, especially with the 'same-face' direction your artstyle has. The hair looks like it's too wavy, with different strands of hair having varying length.

Shiki has a fairly even mop of a hair, so try going for that, I guess. All you have to do is take away the tufts of hair spiking out on the upper back of her head, smooth that out, and you got a fairly good Ryougi.

something like this I guess

Hope you don't mind me mucking about your sketch.
    yeah i wasn't really that sure about her too, thanks for pointing it out
    i don't mind people mucking about my sketches, at the contrary i really appreciate it there's so many things i can't do and so many problems i can't see so any help is really appreciated
    maybe i will draw another ryougi next time and try to redeem myself ;-;

Blog Entries
    Saber Alter
    i appreciate this
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?