Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BOARD UPGRADE 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO

I know what you've been doing, nii-san. Dark Pulse's Avatar
    Blog Entries

BOARD UPGRADE 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO

Of course, you thought that I wasn't going to stop upgrading the forums, did you? 'Course not! As long as we've got updates (Which will be as long as they support vBulletin 4.x) I'll keep upgrading them.

I'll probably close it down sometime around Noon Eastern Time Sunday - that's 9 AM Pacific, and about 4-5 PM UK. Let's put it this way: I'm making this post at 12:45 PM Eastern, so whatever hour it is now, that's the hour it'll close in your timezone (assuming you set that stuff up).

Some stuff you can look forward to (and the one probably most important to us) will be the CKEditor:

And no, I won't troll the forums by pretending we got shut down again. Promise!

"Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."

Of Leaves and Lilac - Two weeks in the life of Tohno Akiha.
    Returning real soon-like!

Old Quote Crap!

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    99% of all Terminators would destroy John Connor over any other carbon-based life form.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadBuster
    Why do you think we got all these mods? So I can sit back and do jack shit, obviously!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    I propose more forumite-based words. Like Darpleosity (adj. a state of existence signified to calmly analyzing and making an argument/case in a way that defuses tensions and makes the participants in said argument look like twats for continuing on with antagonizing and/or being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn while also using good-natured humor to enhance said post).
    Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    Having been, as I3uster put it, "other clueless dude" earlier today in precisely this fashion, I'm going to have to be in favor of necromancy. Or be a hypocrite. But as a lawyer, I prefer to get paid when I indulge in hypocrisy, thank you, so I'll stick with necromancy.

[14:06] [Cruor] petri is it possible to play Phoenix III/Steppewolf without it crashing
    [14:08] [Kelnish] no
    [14:08] [Kelnish] it isn't
    [14:09] [Cruor] how can there be so many bugs
    [14:09] [Cruor] in one mod
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Because quality assurance doesn't exist anymore
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Unless it's Quality Ass, U Rance
    [14:10] [Daiki] ...
    [14:10] [I3uster] oh god dp was funny
    [14:10] [I3uster] apocalypse confirmed
    [14:10] [Wakame] the horror

Banned
    Blog Entries
    How long is it likely to take?

Those new features seem damn useful, though, especially the auto-save one (I've been relying on the fact that firefox usually remembers posts I'm mid-way through making through a shutdown (if I re-open the same tab) for ages, and when I'm using a different browser, or it doesn't, it causes me serious problems).
    Last edited by Mike1984; June 11th, 2011 at 01:26 PM.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh god, I forsee a dark future in which tables are used in powerlevel discussions.

On the other hand, I foresee a bright future where tables are used in powerlevel discussions.

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The top/notice thing almost made me think I was banned until I actually read it >_>;
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I thought that the pasting from word thing would transform format into BB code, not do that...whatever it did in the fic. The other new features sound good.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, most likely it just handles it automatically. I don't really see the problem with that, though, as long as the BB code still works as well.

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    Oh god, I forsee a dark future in which tables are used in powerlevel discussions.
    HERETIC! THE TABLES ARE NOTHING BUT A BLESS FROM THE GODS WHEN IT COMES TO POWERLEVELS!

Quote Originally Posted by TypeWannabe View Post
    On the other hand, I foresee a bright future where tables are used in powerlevel discussions.
    HERETIC! THE TABLES ARE NOTHING BUT A CURSE FROM HELL WHEN IT COMES TO POWERLEVELS!

Jokes aside, I'm looking forward it.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    How long is it likely to take?
    Not sure. In theory, it shouldn't take too long... but the last time, I said 15 minutes, and it wound up being an hour and a half due to my computer deciding to simply not want to upload everything/timing out.

I hope that won't be the case here again, but suffice to say, it shouldn't take more than a few hours, at most. Assuming it all uploads right, anyway. If it doesn't, then I've got to fight with it and make sure all the files upload properly, so I'll probably be watching FTP files upload for the better chunk of 30-45 minutes.

Either that, or maybe I should consider a different FTP client than FireFTP... as when FireFTP resumes stuff, it fucks up.
    "Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."

Old Quote Crap!

99% of all Terminators would destroy John Connor over any other carbon-based life form.
    Why do you think we got all these mods? So I can sit back and do jack shit, obviously!
    I propose more forumite-based words. Like Darpleosity (adj. a state of existence signified to calmly analyzing and making an argument/case in a way that defuses tensions and makes the participants in said argument look like twats for continuing on with antagonizing and/or being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn while also using good-natured humor to enhance said post).
    Having been, as I3uster put it, "other clueless dude" earlier today in precisely this fashion, I'm going to have to be in favor of necromancy. Or be a hypocrite. But as a lawyer, I prefer to get paid when I indulge in hypocrisy, thank you, so I'll stick with necromancy.

[14:06] [Cruor] petri is it possible to play Phoenix III/Steppewolf without it crashing

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    People, PLAY A GAME. WATCH A MOVIE. GO OUTSIDE! There's a whole world out there to explore! Beast's Lair is not all there is to life!

Yeah, who am I kidding? I'll probably be clicking Reload while staring blankly at my monitor for a few hours.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    The top/notice thing almost made me think I was banned until I actually read it >_>;
    You too?

Everything is Nobu's fault. King Rorthur's Avatar
    We've already did the updates on my V-bulletin forum and it's working out great so far.

I am the herp of my derp. Hurr is my body and durr is my blood. I have created over a thousand derps unknown to durps nor known to hurps
    have withstood durrs to create many derps yet, those hurrs will never herp anything so, as I pray, Unlimited Derp Works
    ~
    Because somehow Kiritsugu managed to make GARcher look like a pussy.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six mangafreak7793's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    People, PLAY A GAME. WATCH A MOVIE. GO OUTSIDE! There's a whole world out there to explore! Beast's Lair is not all there is to life!
    Their's a life out there?

Teasing the Penguin God!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blue's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Don't listen to him. Its a trap! Stay indoors, bolt your doors and hide under the table while this goes on. Lick the network cable every now and then if you really need to. We'll ride this out somehow!

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You too?
    Hmmmm.....why? Do you feel guilty for something?
    Suspicious.....

Joking

"Fate/stay night: not really an eroge, and not really a cooking sim, but actually an RPG wherein everyone’s primary stat is “self-loathing” and the goal is to level it up beyond all the other characters."

Blog Entries
    See? When the FTP doesn't drop my files, updating is painless.

It didn't even take half an hour. 25 minutes, on the button. 20 to upload, and about 5 to upgrade the forums and make sure everything merged in successfully.

Anyone, if you run into issues, please let me know and I'll get them fixed ASAP. As far as I know, though, there should be none.

Old Quote Crap!

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Hmmmm.....why? Do you feel guilty for something?
    Suspicious.....
    It was all Tobias's fault! I told him not to but he wouldn't listen!

Yay, new poster thingie. It's all white and shiny and stands out!

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

The S which should wrap [s] tags around the text, wraps [hr] tags instead. The '-' which wraps [hr] tags around the text works fine.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Blog Entries
    I just tested all three of them and they all worked as they should. Did you try doing a hard refresh?

Old Quote Crap!