Page 83 of 90 FirstFirst ... 337378818283848588 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 1785

Thread: Miscellaneous Fanfiction Writing Thread (Solicit Advice Here)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    jewel sword em i guess
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AvengerEmiya's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I thought falling back on "Zelretch did it" or "Zelretch-related doohicky did it" was no good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andaeus View Post
    Oh, fun! How often does a story actually leave the Idea Thread?
    Fate/Grand Order Doujins That Don't Suck [Updated: 3/2]

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    I want to send members of the Fuyuki crew to Apocrypha-verse as their FSN selves.
    Don't do that.

https://youtu.be/W3KYx1WDqBw Raylen Cypher's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Ask in PM.
    Blog Entries
    Listen to Shia Labeouf.
    Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes
    A world where tragedy is the only measure by which a narrative holds value is not one I am going to live in even where the circumstances in a particular work are tragic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow
    If an adult themed work can have graphic slaughter and the like, it can have sex. Just do it competently if you want to go explicit.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    How dare you she's a married woman
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    No but why ask him to pull out right before the end tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    God is dead and I'm gonna kiss all his cute girl saints
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    MAMA BURST
    A Writer's Fate
    F/GO JP (Updated: 4/11/2019)

Blog Entries
    Why?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    It's not exactly what you wanted, but maybe the Yggdmillenia could be trying to recreate the Holy Grail War and the "Fate" crew trying to stop them?

マリーの味方
    I want to send members of the Fuyuki crew to Apocrypha-verse as their FSN selves.
    why

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart
    some mildly indignant stuff about shojo Main Characters
    For the record, again, my comment was about Guin being "like a shojo MC", as opposed to actually being one. If you disagree with that, I would be interested in hearing your reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Thank you. Where does your quote come from?

Also, I wasn't joking when I asked whether or not this was a joke, so if someone could enlighten me:

Quote Originally Posted by Gally View Post
    I got you covered, fam.
    And a couple new questions:

1, is Grand Order still discouraged as a source of canon? For instance, is Arturia being able to be summoned as other classes an accepted retcon (whether the official stance is "Saber just had it wrong", "old text, things changed, please roll with it", or whatever)? Or is the general consensus still "ignore GO outside its own context, duck and cover, and pray that Nasu and Co. get back to doing decent shit sooner rather than later (or never)"?

2, a while ago, probably years now, I seem to remember reading somewhere that Iri was a virgin and Ilya was artificially conceived. That makes a lot of sense, IMO, but I don't necessarily trust Gen or Nasu to be that sensible, so I went to check, but have never been able to find it again. Can anyone confirm or refute?

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AkaiNeko View Post
    1, is Grand Order still discouraged as a source of canon? For instance, is Arturia being able to be summoned as other classes an accepted retcon (whether the official stance is "Saber just had it wrong", "old text, things changed, please roll with it", or whatever)? Or is the general consensus still "ignore GO outside its own context, duck and cover, and pray that Nasu and Co. get back to doing decent shit sooner rather than later (or never)"?
    GO in general is canon, but Arturia is sort of a special case. She can only be summoned as a proper Heroic Spirit in a scenario like Goetia's incineration of history, because otherwise she's technically still alive in Avalon (same reason Scathach and Merlin can't be summoned normally). The Arturia summoned in Stay Night was plucked right from the Battle of Camlann, and hence only qualifies as Saber because Excalibur was the only weapon she had left at that point. A proper Heroic Spirit Arturia like we got in GO can be summoned for all kinds of Classes like Lancer and Rider (maybe Archer if you believe in summer event memes, though I'd seriously question the canonicity of that).

...Now that I think about it, I guess that means post-Stay Night Arturia can no longer be summoned at all, having broken her contract with the world and moved on to Avalon.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    For the record, again, my comment was about Guin being "like a shojo MC", as opposed to actually being one. If you disagree with that, I would be interested in hearing your reasoning.
    For the record, again, my comment was trying to point out that "a useless idiot" is a pretty poor way to summarize even "like a shoujo protag" so if you disagree with that, I actually am not really that interested in hearing your reasoning, I just was pointing that out, as per, you know, my comment trying to point it out.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post

...Now that I think about it, I guess that means post-Stay Night Arturia can no longer be summoned at all, having broken her contract with the world and moved on to Avalon.
    Q: Even in Rin’s route, Saber voluntarily destroyed the Holy Grail. Did this time also break her contract with the World, and make it impossible for her to exist as a Heroic Spirit?
    A: It was a flawed Grail, so you could say it was halfway done. Since Saber reconsidered her life and found her own path... this time, perhaps she could become a Heroic Spirit on her own.
    saber route saber is
    rin route saber is probably a HS

- - - Updated - - -

2, a while ago, probably years now, I seem to remember reading somewhere that Iri was a virgin and Ilya was artificially conceived. That makes a lot of sense, IMO, but I don't necessarily trust Gen or Nasu to be that sensible, so I went to check, but have never been able to find it again. Can anyone confirm or refute?
    probably not
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

マリーの味方
    grand order has never been discouraged and is more canon than stay night

Blog Entries
    Why?
    Shirou in Trifas will not keep people's interest. Be creative and put an effort into it.

Typemoon has a lot of themes and characters to work with. I dunno, have a couple on each side meet at a point of convergence and go on an adventure. You could justify Kairi & Shirou being on a job together. Or have Rin interacting with the Forvedge siblings at the Tower. There's plenty of possibilities.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    GO in general is canon, but Arturia is sort of a special case. She can only be summoned as a proper Heroic Spirit in a scenario like Goetia's incineration of history, because otherwise she's technically still alive in Avalon (same reason Scathach and Merlin can't be summoned normally). The Arturia summoned in Stay Night was plucked right from the Battle of Camlann, and hence only qualifies as Saber because Excalibur was the only weapon she had left at that point. A proper Heroic Spirit Arturia like we got in GO can be summoned for all kinds of Classes like Lancer and Rider (maybe Archer if you believe in summer event memes, though I'd seriously question the canonicity of that).

Great, so it still doesn't quite make sense. Well, it's fanfic, I can ignore shit if I need to. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    For the record, again, my comment was trying to point out that "a useless idiot" is a pretty poor way to summarize even "like a shoujo protag" so if you disagree with that, I actually am not really that interested in hearing your reasoning, I just was pointing that out, as per, you know, my comment trying to point it out.
    You never responded to that comment, though. And for that matter you never offered a different possible interpretation of Nasu's words, which is more what I was actually after in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    saber route saber is
    Yep, just gonna not worry about it. Inconsistencies happen, it is what it is.

snip
    So nothing definitive; guess I'll just keep it on my list of head-canons I hope are canon but probably aren't because Urobutchi sucks. Thanks for the help.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    i wouldn't even be mad if iri is a virgin because that means ilya has even more parallels to homunculus jesus

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    They definitely boned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    That's something that comes with him teaching you stuff apparently.

Shirou dodged a bullet.
    Last edited by Daiki; August 10th, 2017 at 01:12 PM.

US Friend Code
    ask me for code
    Blog Entries
    Oh, I see what you did. Now you mention it, it does make sense. Niceeeeee
    Kentucky Fried Kirei, nah i'm joking. Nothin here

well, told ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    'kay
    You jest?:3

Even ▆▆ end up on that place again

The special hell on hill full of swords ---------------------------------------------------------The hill of bloody battlefield

Blog Entries
    What's the best fight scene you've ever read in a fic (including anything outside of TM stuff)?

Blog Entries
    I know this is a long passed-down piece of BL FF advice lore, but everyone will always recommend the Stover Revenge of the Sith novelization for the premier example in how to write superpower fights while getting away from gritty details.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?