Thread: Crawling Chaos (CYOA)

the master of infinite roads lantzblades's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Crawling Chaos (CYOA)

Crawling Chaos

This Choose your own adventure style story is a malleable converging story. Specifically unlike a normal CYOA there are three major differences. Firstly while you can, as normal, use the majority voting system to choose your option from among those given, you may also elect a different answer from the given selection. Commonly this would be known as a write in, however, this is somewhat more tangible in that it can be made to have characters defy expectations and character. In addition, in a meta fashion the characters may be informed about other goings on within the story, as the title implies, you are the crawling chaos, a god like entity.

Secondly, any character who can appear, can and likely will be a protagonist, even the villains.

Finally, unlike a CYOA where characters are in a set state it's you who determine the character's ability level, although this is just their power level (unless it necessitated a form change as with Sion and Dust) and not their personality, in example Arcueid would still be fun and bubbly at 100% power rather then being the emotionless princess.

One last note, very, very few characters are immune to your direct commands. These include Gilies da rais, Galahad and any actively maddened Berserker as the first has an eldritch tome, the second has divine protect in earnest and the last simply cannot understand you.

I intend on using basically every TM character (give or take a few) so feel free to make suggestions about who you want (and at what power level) Fanon characters like Archer and maybe a few other characters will be involved alongside the canonical ones as well.

When a character is introduced their abilities are neither set nor evident, when these occasions occur, tell me how strong you want that character to be alongside any voting etcetera that needs to be done.

Shirou Emiya

Bright beams of light hit my face, slowly I open my eyes. I'm in the shed again. I must have passed out, hurrying outside I cross the open yard and reach my oversized home. Grasping at the door I pull it and nothing happens, I would be surprised, but, given Tohsaka's recent habit of pranking me in the mornings I'm not.

1) go around to the front

2)yank the door open

Shiki Tohno

I'm not sure when I realized it but today was quiet, unusually so. No Arcueid, Senpai, Akiha or even Kohaku or Hisui. No one had bothered me well into the midday, unprecedented considering the latter three and their rules. Still this seems awkward.

1) Go look for everyone

2) stay in and enjoy the peace

Sakura Matou

At the edge of the school I stop, I'm supposed to go to Archery club, I'd rather not but Nii-san will be mad if I'm not there.

1) skip out

2) attend

3) find Rider

4) damn the consequences, go to Shirou's
    http://forums.darksidemoon.net

come join us, Darksidemoon is a new forum for discussion of all things tm

it is my firm belief that regarding the ban of mike1984 I have been given insufficient reason for the affair and it's conclusion, further than this I feel that the light manner it has been treated in is appalling. It is my sincere hope that he is not regarded in the same way as actually malicious posters who have appeared on beast's lair or otherwise as a joke to be snickered at when spoken of in the future. I will not forget my friend or view him in the manner those in charge here have presented him and his actions, nor will I accept the situation as it stands where people snicker at him as if he were a joke.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hmm. This seems like it could be interesting. Here goes!

Shirou Emiya:

2) Yank the door open like a boss!!

Shiki Tohno:

1) Go look for everyone. Arcueid, where aaaaaare youuu~?

Sakura Matou:

Damn the consequences, go to Shirou's. Then strip naked, jump into his bed and make sweet, sweet love. *Ignore that last part please* Or not. *Shot*

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    you are the crawling chaos, a god like entity.
    I'm the chaos that always crawls up to you with a smile!

Spoiler:
    Nyarlathotep!

the master of infinite roads lantzblades's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Shirou Emiya

Grasping at the door and pulling as hard as I can the door flexes suddenly popping off it's track and hitting me in the face. As I hit the ground a clamor of ripping and cracking can be heard, before I open my eyes I already know the door is broken beyond normal repair. Through the debris I can see a figure standing over me.

1)Get up ready for a fight

2) Tell whomever they owe you a new door

Shiki Tohno

The moment I leave my room I can smell it, the scent of blood mixed in with cinnamon and a rough earthy smell.

1) Rush to the source

2) Call the girls to see if anyone knows what's going on

Sakura Matou

As I head off to Senpai's house an eerie chill runs up my spine, as if something or someone is watching me.

1) Continue to Senpai's

2) try to find the source of the disturbance

(As in the opening, you guys need to decide how strong these three are.)

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Shirou Emiya:

2) Tell whomever they owe you a new door. By far the most hilarious of the two answers.

Shiki Tohno:

1) Rush to the source. THROW CAUTION TO THE WIND!

Sakura Matou:

2) Try to find the source of the disturbance. THROW CAUTION TO THE WIND 2.0 EDITION!!