Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Front Page

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Grail Grand Prix View Post
    Uhm, could you stop being constantly mean? Please.
    It's the truth.

Blog Entries
    Always count on Mcjon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    It wouldn't matter to you, it is mostly powerlevel references and explanations of ambiguous lore, no Alter or Sion, spend time doing other stuff.
    See, this man understands me.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

the tortured magi department Prix with a Silent X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    It's the truth.
    It's really rude for you to call new fans and people who haven't had time to learn everything bottomfeeders or filthy secondaries. There is a big difference in refusing to learn and simply not having as much time invested yet. If your attitude is this dismissive, hostile, and rude toward anyone who is trying to be into your fandom, then forget your front page. You don't want new people, and you can just languish in this pool of vitriol toward people who are earnestly interested. Talk about an interest killer. There is absolutely no reason for you to act that way about new fans who come to this site. If you want to be like that you might as well make your front page a Keep Out and Beware of Pretentious Gatekeepers sign.
    Last edited by Prix with a Silent X; February 24th, 2016 at 11:40 AM.
    Imagine that the world is made out of love. Now imagine that it isn’t.

Imagine a story where everything goes wrong, where everyone has their back against the wall, where everyone is in pain and acting selfishly because if they don’t, they’ll die.
    Imagine a story, not of good against evil, but of need against need against need, where everyone is at cross-purposes and everyone is to blame.

Blog of Fiction for You to Consume
    Other Links

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Let Sakura say fuck and eat junkfood you weirdos.

Many true a word is spoken in jest.

The joke, however, remains a joke.

don't look at the ears Marmadillo's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    501086179/marmadillo
    Blog Entries
    Prix, how many times have you seen Spinach be serious about everything he says? Or McJon for that matter, outside translation/lore questions.
    And, yes, substitute the words you didn't like with something more socially acceptable and the statement stays true.
    Last edited by Marmadillo; February 24th, 2016 at 12:06 PM.

Blog Entries
    I also initially responded pretty lightly. But in a thread where it's being discussed how to make the site more inviting to newcomers and such on a landing page, this kind of insistence in even jokingly being that rude and dismissive is utterly counterproductive. The longer you're here, the more accustomed to rude banter you might become, but for new people this kind of attitude is extremely off-putting. It already seems like a tightrope walk to even ask anything in GD after you have read the materials in the OP about your query. When you go around posturing about how Seika's nicely compiled post is some kind of negative crutch is really pretty unwelcoming.

Imagine a story where everything goes wrong, where everyone has their back against the wall, where everyone is in pain and acting selfishly because if they don’t, they’ll die.
    Imagine a story, not of good against evil, but of need against need against need, where everyone is at cross-purposes and everyone is to blame.

Other Links

Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    its a bit disheartening to see people dismiss the front page so much i can agree with that

just cuz you dont use it now in its current shit state doesnt mean it should stay that way...

Blog Entries
    My point is that you make it sound like that trying to catch up on something you've become interested in is being inferior to people who have spent a lot longer learning the material. Some people join websites about something they have some amount of exposure to so as to learn more.

Other Links

Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    what really kills discussion is the notion that only moonruners can contribute anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    its a bit disheartening to see people dismiss the front page so much i can agree with that

just cuz you dont use it now in its current shit state doesnt mean it should stay that way...
    Change is frightening.

I agree. As it is now it's a laughable waste of space and hurts the eyes and soul.

Blog Entries
    Talking about the frontpage, how about adding an IM type of message box to it, meant for chatting that isn't really worth making actual posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    dumb people always have shit opinions about eva, its like some kind of more reliable iq test
    [20:47:33] I3uster: in 2015 a crack memer was sent to skype prison by a court of his Peers for a crime he didnt commit. he promptly escaped from his Maximum security Forum into the twitter Underground. Today, still wanted by the skype Group he survives as memer of fortune. If you Need a shitpost, if nobody else can fuck up a thread, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire: June.

20.06.2014 Never forget

You'll kill RT, why would you want to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ほうれん草 View Post
    STOP SHOOTING EACH OTHER YOU FUCKERS

I'm trying to watch anime FFS

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilm View Post
    Talking about the frontpage, how about adding an IM type of message box to it, meant for chatting that isn't really worth making actual posts.
    Putting the notes thing into chat box thing?

Blog Entries
    I don't understand what you asked me, I mean a place where people can IM chat, only on the forum, without it being posts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Desuclocker View Post
    I've been found out....
    dumb people always have shit opinions about eva, its like some kind of more reliable iq test
    [20:47:33] I3uster: in 2015 a crack memer was sent to skype prison by a court of his Peers for a crime he didnt commit. he promptly escaped from his Maximum security Forum into the twitter Underground. Today, still wanted by the skype Group he survives as memer of fortune. If you Need a shitpost, if nobody else can fuck up a thread, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire: June.

20.06.2014 Never forget

Quote Originally Posted by Desuclocker View Post
    Yes, I wonder.

He means the kind of integrated live chat a lot of websites have, usually at the side of the page. Which makes it both figuratively and literally, not really front and center material.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Don't put notes there,
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilm View Post
    I don't understand what you asked me, I mean a place where people can IM chat, only on the forum, without it being posts.
    I know, I meant to ask if it would be something like the IRC, just on the forum itself, but then I remembered that stuff like that is pretty common and I've seen it quite a few times.
    Last edited by Snow; February 24th, 2016 at 12:25 PM.

Blog Entries
    It could be on the side of the front page yes.

20.06.2014 Never forget

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge View Post
    You can still force headcanon, you just need to smart about it
    force in what sense

headcanon is stuff you yourself believe because it makes sense to you personally

it can always be forced by just not giving a fuck

but like in general it was used for more inconsequential stuff like "because x likes this and that i like to think y is his favorite color"

well whatever

but honestly it has become more and more difficult to join in on conversations because it usually takes a turn into moonrune land in which the moon runers prefer the company of their own

kinda at odds with the sites goal as the english speaking tm fandom home