Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Front Page

don't look at the ears Marmadillo's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    501086179/marmadillo
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Grail Grand Prix View Post
    I also initially responded pretty lightly. But in a thread where it's being discussed how to make the site more inviting to newcomers and such on a landing page, this kind of insistence in even jokingly being that rude and dismissive is utterly counterproductive. The longer you're here, the more accustomed to rude banter you might become, but for new people this kind of attitude is extremely off-putting.
    This is not a thread for new people. And if it were, I would advise them against hasty judgements based on a superficial understanding of the community or some of its members.

Blog Entries
    integrated forum chat is awful
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Actually I'll just say from the get-go that since getting a chat is only proposed in order to kill Random Thoughts, it's just an utterly useless addition to a community already part of too many chats already.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by @Keo View Post
    integrated forum chat is awful
    agreed, forums should not be used to chat
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    dumb people always have shit opinions about eva, its like some kind of more reliable iq test
    [20:47:33] I3uster: in 2015 a crack memer was sent to skype prison by a court of his Peers for a crime he didnt commit. he promptly escaped from his Maximum security Forum into the twitter Underground. Today, still wanted by the skype Group he survives as memer of fortune. If you Need a shitpost, if nobody else can fuck up a thread, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire: June.

20.06.2014 Never forget

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilm View Post
    lol
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

love me until I love myself Prix with a Silent X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmadillo View Post
    This is not a thread for new people. And if it were, I would advise them against hasty judgements based on a superficial understanding of the community or some of its members.
    And basically what I've found in being a newer member is that there are, or were, about five threads I was not pretty much precluded from contributing to. Because as was mentioned, it's basically like you should come here reading Japanese and following every TM related news source up to the minute or you should go home. And it seems like most people talking about who should and shouldn't post or look in certain threads or parts of the forum disdain and oppose the few places new people won't get yelled at for not reading ENOUGH supplemental material or not being smart enough as to the group think to not ask, say, or think certain things. If you are suggesting that there are only some places newer fans or members belong on the forum, make it policy and make it clear and be done with it. I would suggest that as much as new people shouldn't judge the whole forum based on a superficial understanding of the forum or some of its members, maybe people who are already here shouldn't constantly insist on this post-civility tone everywhere on the forum. How is a deeper than superficial understanding even possible for new forum members when almost everywhere here isn't "for them" very obviously? Lurkers. What seem to be encouraged here are new lurkers, judging by this attitude. Nothing more and nothing less.
    Imagine that the world is made out of love. Now imagine that it isn’t.

Imagine a story where everything goes wrong, where everyone has their back against the wall, where everyone is in pain and acting selfishly because if they don’t, they’ll die.
    Imagine a story, not of good against evil, but of need against need against need, where everyone is at cross-purposes and everyone is to blame.

Blog of Fiction for You to Consume
    Other Links

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Let Sakura say fuck and eat junkfood you weirdos.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilm View Post
    Then something like useful ft content could serve to encourage users both new and old by giving them easy access to materials that could actually be seriously discussed.

Or, you know, suffer useless post about today's lunch while they dig through those materials themselves.

Blog Entries
    And basically what I've found in being a newer member is that there are, or were, about five threads I was not pretty much precluded from contributing to. Because as was mentioned, it's basically like you should come here reading Japanese and following every TM related news source up to the minute or you should go home. And it seems like most people talking about who should and shouldn't post or look in certain threads or parts of the forum disdain and oppose the few places new people won't get yelled at for not reading ENOUGH supplemental material or not being smart enough as to the group think to not ask, say, or think certain things. If you are suggesting that there are only some places newer fans or members belong on the forum, make it policy and make it clear and be done with it. I would suggest that as much as new people shouldn't judge the whole forum based on a superficial understanding of the forum or some of its members, maybe people who are already here shouldn't constantly insist on this post-civility tone everywhere on the forum. How is a deeper than superficial understanding even possible for new forum members when almost everywhere here isn't "for them" very obviously? Lurkers. What seem to be encouraged here are new lurkers, judging by this attitude. Nothing more and nothing less.
    I disagree with this. I have read literally no supplemental material and haven't even read/watched zero, and people don't really give me a hard time about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

Blog Entries
    tbh, in certain parts of certain sections with certain people, reading zero will get you in more trouble than not

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    its mostly the issue of people whose only tm experience is zero i guess

i think its natural to expect people to have read the actual main materials before engaging in a fandom fully

Blog Entries
    As a matter of fact I've barely read anything by Type Moon at all outside of Tsukihime and Fate a decade ago and Extra in 2011. I've just been coasting on that ever since.

The base requirement for participating in TM conversations is having read, or even watched, the source material. Everything else you can find out in the process of posting and discussion, and even that isn't necessary unless you plan on debating lore or mechanics or powerlevels. To be honest I kinda dislike referring people to the big document in the OP for that reason; everything in it is taken from actual discussions, not some obscure tome privy to only a few which was quoted for the occasion. Learning something through experience is better than looking it up at the big compendium.

While I agree one should never be rude about these things, in my experience BL is still pretty decent when it comes to this. If you have, say, a lore question, for every person that's potentially rude to you you have one or two people who'll be genuinely helpful. Maybe they'll sound grumpy about it, maybe they'll tease you a bit, but they do help.
    Last edited by Snow; February 24th, 2016 at 01:01 PM.

Also GD has gotten plenty of new members. It's maybe the only subforum that can boast a constant stream of new posters in the whole of BL.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    AMMD?

7th?

more like UBW/GO and RT

- - - Updated - - -

then again, there's questions and badass

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Continuation of conciousness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge View Post
    I think you read Mahoyo, mcjon...
    I don't read partial patches.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    more like UBW/GO and RT

- - - Updated - - -

then again, there's questions and badass
    if anything GD Big Threads are more dominant than 7ths are

not that there is anything wrong with that but arguing that those others dont count for the reasons you listed is a bit disingenuous

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    if anything GD Big Threads are more dominant than 7ths are
    Yes but GD is, like, a mindset, man

re:topic I like the monthly/bi-monthly digest idea. Lump together the translation updates, TM news ranging from new manga chapters and product release dates to figmas and Nasu's blog entries, and fill in the gaps with Grand Order and you should have a decent amount of material.

- - - Updated - - -

the energy one would spent writing a TYPE-MOON LORE AS TRANSCRIBED IN THE ANNALS OF THE BEAST'S LAIR article series would be much better spent editing articles on the bl wiki hint hint nudge nudge strangle