Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Front Page

don't look at the ears Marmadillo's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    501086179/marmadillo
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Grail Grand Prix View Post
    And basically what I've found in being a newer member is that there are, or were, about five threads I was not pretty much precluded from contributing to.
    You are free to contribute to every thread. If you feel that someone has insulted you, report them. If you think that the atmosphere in some threads is too acidic, start a thread about it. However if you misjudge some comment and then blast off berating someone from the high horse, I'll start quoting Matthew.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What does Mashu have to say about this, then?
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

JP Friend Code
    501086179/marmadillo
    Blog Entries
    s-s-stop it, sempai :blush:
    Last edited by Marmadillo; February 24th, 2016 at 01:56 PM.

JP Friend Code
    501086179/marmadillo
    Blog Entries
    s-s-stop it, nii-san :blush:

Blog Entries
    you're on fire today
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewd Boats View Post
    What does Mashu have to say about this, then?
    senpai, you're the worst
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    Also GD has gotten plenty of new members. It's maybe the only subforum that can boast a constant stream of new posters in the whole of BL.
    I'd say it's because of GO and Christemo leaving.
    GO brings them here, the debates keep people here.
    This is Era 4 of new BL.
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

JP Friend Code
    501086179/marmadillo
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by @Keo View Post
    you're on fire today
    Going back from spring in Lisbon to winter in potatoland feels unnatural. Something has broken loose in me.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmadillo View Post
    You are free to contribute to every thread. If you feel that someone has insulted you, report them. If you think that the atmosphere in some threads is too acidic, start a thread about it. However if you misjudge some comment and then blast off berating someone from the high horse, I'll start quoting Matthew.
    There definitely is a component of bringing in newcomers to the entire idea though. Half the reason Buster wants to make the front page is to make it easier to reel in new members; they can keep abreast of current information and get hooked by something without needing to slog through the threads.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    what really kills discussion is the notion that only moonruners can contribute anymore
    I agree, bring back terrablaze.

Blog Entries
    Same
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

JP Friend Code
    501086179/marmadillo
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    There definitely is a component of bringing in newcomers to the entire idea though. Half the reason Buster wants to make the front page is to make it easier to reel in new members; they can keep abreast of current information and get hooked by something without needing to slog through the threads.
    I agree. I hope Spinach will contribute to this goal.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    He was actually a pretty decent guy and I wonder where he went. He had like 20k posts, too, a true forum legend.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I would bust his balls for the first week he's alive again to argue 24/7
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

So Front Page at the top when?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    And basically what I've found in being a newer member is that there are, or were, about five threads I was not pretty much precluded from contributing to. Because as was mentioned, it's basically like you should come here reading Japanese and following every TM related news source up to the minute or you should go home. And it seems like most people talking about who should and shouldn't post or look in certain threads or parts of the forum disdain and oppose the few places new people won't get yelled at for not reading ENOUGH supplemental material or not being smart enough as to the group think to not ask, say, or think certain things. If you are suggesting that there are only some places newer fans or members belong on the forum, make it policy and make it clear and be done with it. I would suggest that as much as new people shouldn't judge the whole forum based on a superficial understanding of the forum or some of its members, maybe people who are already here shouldn't constantly insist on this post-civility tone everywhere on the forum. How is a deeper than superficial understanding even possible for new forum members when almost everywhere here isn't "for them" very obviously? Lurkers. What seem to be encouraged here are new lurkers, judging by this attitude. Nothing more and nothing less.
    I would honestly say the forum always supported new lurkers who slowly became a user. I was one of them. I lurked the forum for 7 months or so before I joined. I know some people who claimed they lurked a year.

But yes, I would say we are more vehement in telling people to read more instead of just answering the fucking question.

The forum has always been divided, and that makes it fun the longer your here as you become familiar with who goes to certain boards, and then randomly seeing someone who doesn't visit your board appearing and you go 'who is this guy again'.
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

It's too hard to find the front page, in fact it's nearly impossible to get there if you don't know about it.

Although that's probably because at the moment there's no reason to go there in the first place.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    The forum has always been divided, and that makes it fun the longer your here as you become familiar with who goes to certain boards, and then randomly seeing someone who doesn't visit your board appearing and you go 'who is this guy again'.
    Multiplied x1000 on account of people constantly changing usernames like it's going out of style

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    stuff
    Think of it like this. You're a freshman at school. You decide you like anime. There's an anime club that runs at your school. You know nobody there. You walk in, and the first thing you do is announce loudly, at the front, "Sword Art Online is the best show ever made!" Naturally, you're going to get crap for it. Or you walk in and the first thing you hear is some guy up front with a recently-shaved neckbeard with a glowing green nametag go "Freshmen are the wrost, they should totally go commit sudoku!" and instantly decide he's being serious since obviously it was not like there was a time he was a freshy or anything, also isn't it "seppuku"?

Instead, you go in, you introduce yourself quietly to one or two people. You listen in, quietly attending a couple of days. You realize the green guy always with something that looks suspiciously like weed is in fact the team clown and was being a dumbass sarcastic. You might even have picked up on other anime recommendations that make you realize, oh, SAO is not the BEST THING EVER, although you do find a couple of people who obviously enjoy it. You hang out with them, as it is a nice, comfortable place to begin. Congratulations, you have begun integration into the larger whole like everybody else that's come through those doors. In the future, it'll certainly be easier to become one of the obsessive ones up front that know anime inside out and watch to the detriment of the rest of their lives, but it's also cool if you just hang out in the back with the people who only like the popular shows that crop up a couple times a year.

tl;dr: Spinach a shit and everyone knows it.

Blog Entries
    I like SAO.