Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Type-Moon fan art thread by Ioruko

Red face Type-Moon fan art thread by Ioruko

Hello, I am new here!
    Please, be gentle to me~

I like Type-Moon works such as Fate series (Fate/Stay Night, Fate/Zero, Fate UBW), Kara no Kyoukai, Mahoutsukai no yoru.
    Also Carnival Phantasm is pretty hilarious

I also draw as a hobby and wanted to share my art with you!

Fate

Mahoyo

I can take sketch requests (but only for the characters I like or know )
    edit: managed to post bigger resolution
    Last edited by Ioruko; March 6th, 2016 at 07:43 AM.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wow - this is really detailed. I especially like how the style of the Mahoyo one resembles the VN! I don't have any requests specifically, but seeing more of your art would be great.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Thank you! I will post here when I have something new (^ω^)

Would you share your secret of how do you draw these & what do you use, with me?
    I do not have any formal training.. I just draw a few pencil sketches sometimes (inspired by my mother). Im really curious & I would some day like to draw like you do.

Edit : By the way those are some really great works of art.. forgot to mention it
    Last edited by Ashton Drake; March 6th, 2016 at 02:09 PM.

Their fate was decided the day they were saved by a man in the fire.. Nothing could've changed it.
    But what about yours?
    Fate is never final
    Be grateful for the life you have & live it in the best possible way you want it to.

Hi! I don't really have any secrets, I just practice every time I draw and use a lot of reference material (when I'm not lazy or too overconfident). It's a good thing that you can find almost anything on the internet
    I started with pencils too, this is the most available tool and is pretty universal too. I used to go to an art school for kids and learned simple basics of light/shadow, very simple anatomy and perspective. Those helped a lot I think, although we mostly did still life, meh . And digital art I practiced all by myself =_= Started with Paint Tool SAI, it is intuitive and pleasant to use.

All in all, just keep drawing no matter what!
    And thank you for your kind words

Thanks for the inspiring words.. Alright! I'll practice every weekend.

My sob story goes like this.... when i was a kid i used to draw a lot of cartoons & animes which i used to watch on tv.. because I liked drawing my favorite characters.. like we all do. My mother saw this & she thought I was good at it so she put me in an art class where they taught me boring stuff like designs(which you see on carpets & stuff) & then different word arts(drawing letters & words in themeish way which you see on posters) & then still life(this u already know) drawing.. where i learnt a bit of light & shadow... no anatomy involved at all. sometimes drawing sceneries was a little relaxing but it gets boring pretty soon. After sometime my mainstreams studies took priority & I resigned from the art class.

It seems what I lacked & you didn't was determination.
    And I know nothing about digital art ;_; . Theres so much i want to ask you & so much i want to learn from you but I don't think I should trouble you with that.. I'll scour the internet just like you did.

By the way I drew Saber(Arturia) Holding Caliburn.. just a pencil sketch, a few weeks ago(by copying an image pulled off from google).. But I couldn't show it to many people because right now Im living at a rented flat which is closer to college & my scanner is at my home where my parents are. I did click some photos of it on my phone but they are mediocre at best. I could pm them if you want to though.. a professional opinion would be good. I'll maybe post them on these forums when I scan them properly

Anyway, Thanks! You are all the inspiration anyone needs to move forward. Besides if u didn't already notice other fan arts don't even come close to yours.
    Keep up the Good work
    Last edited by Ashton Drake; March 6th, 2016 at 07:05 PM.

So you know how it is in an art school...it was quiet the same for me but without fancy lettering exercises. I can sympathize with you, it was a let down in many ways, right?
    That's why I think the best way to learn and get the most fun in the process is self-education. It is hard sometimes learning without any guidance, but if you practice and analyze your work (and other people's works) often, you will be fine!

If you make a post I could drop some comments to help you with your leveling up

And thank you for your high praise, although I cannot agree that my fan arts are all that special (there are tons of mistakes) and there are plenty of artists better skilled than myself.
    That doesn't stop me from liking what I'm doing >
    Last edited by Ioruko; March 6th, 2016 at 08:11 PM. Reason: typo

Your art looks great I can tell you've put a lot of time and effort into your work and it really pays off!

Thank you very much! I did spend too much time on those (like several months of evening draw sessions)

I really admire the perseverance that takes. I can spend about 10-12 hours on something these days, but after that I'm just done, haha. Even if I'm not done, I call it a day because I'm tired of looking at it.

Your shading and composition is on point, but I can't say the same for your proportions. Characters are a bit too thin, and the girl's hands, especially, are too small in relation. You should, uh, work on that.
    Hamburgers.
    (I have a tendency of not finishing things I've started.)
    I hang out alot at my own Discord server, though there isn't really much activity in there. The Art Haus Chatterbox! Accepting commissions. Do you want some art done, and do you want it done for cheap? PM me, man, and we can talk. Currently not taking any commissions, sorry!

love me until I love myself Prix with a Silent X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't know anything about visual art technically, so I can't offer any critique. Your characters do look quite thin, but I love the way your artwork shines. Gorgeous lighting, even in those that don't feature their own Christmas lights.
    Imagine that the world is made out of love. Now imagine that it isn’t.

Imagine a story where everything goes wrong, where everyone has their back against the wall, where everyone is in pain and acting selfishly because if they don’t, they’ll die.
    Imagine a story, not of good against evil, but of need against need against need, where everyone is at cross-purposes and everyone is to blame.

Blog of Fiction for You to Consume
    Other Links

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Let Sakura say fuck and eat junkfood you weirdos.

Thanks for your feedback! I am often told by a friend of mine that I should feed my characters properly

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you! I guess I like my characters on the thin side but don't want them to look like shoujo manga, but considering all things I need to change that approach.

This is amazing! Thank you for sharing it!
    FGO accounts, MP for FCs; updated: 21/05/2017

Thank you, Sarn! Glad you liked it (^ω^)

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Quad's Avatar
    i wouldn't call the proportions bad, it looks clearly stylized to me.
    would you hate on The World Ends With You, too, Phearo?

Welcome, I'm new here too. My apologies, I don't really have the vocab to appraise art: just know that I also appreciate it. In particular I really like the Mahoyo drawing. the comedy aspect probably played a part. *ahaha*

Quote Originally Posted by Quad View Post
    i wouldn't call the proportions bad, it looks clearly stylized to me.
    would you hate on The World Ends With You, too, Phearo?
    Even as stylized as The World Ends With You is, the proportions are still kept in check somewhat.

The thing is that Ioruko's art isn't heavily stylized, it's actually wonderfully rendered in both lighting and material! It has the same sort of visual novel aesthetic of stylized faces with detailed rendering. The proportions are really the only problem I can see to work on, and it's mostly only really noticeable in the lovely third picture. Just practice proportions a bit more because you have a really good grasp on lighting and rendering!

I am grateful to you all for the comments and feedback you leave!
    It is important to hear different opinions to improve, thank you for giving me a chance to share my art with you

I also want to share a pencil sketch I made today :3

Saber Lily

Blog Entries
    Damn
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?