Page 415 of 457 FirstFirst ... 315365405410413414415416417420425 ... LastLast
Results 8,281 to 8,300 of 9124

Thread: Fate/Extella - New EXTRA Action Game

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Having actually lived in the era of "get the full price expansion if you ever want to see a bugfix, or better yet, wait for the Gold/Diamond/Platinum edition five years down the road", I'm allowed to say it: I fucking love DLC as a concept. A few specific companies whom shall remain nameless ruin their good name.
    Except back then updating games with bugfixes consisted on putting an installation patch on the official website (PC only of course, too bad for console users) and you downloading and installing it. So it was still possible, just a bit more cumbersome since you had to go search it.

Also, expansions offered a full new experience, so they were worth paying for it.

Living Dead Girl
    There's also the thing where DLC content is something the consumer gets in a (hopefully) working state as opposed to a) a less functional game or b) jack shit. Also coming from the Before Time of PC Gaming, a lot of games came buggy and with unfinished content, with expansion packs being your 30 dollar investment on "new content".

Time and money are a thing; just because the assets are there doesn't mean they're done on time or will be done on time.

E: Expansion packs could end up being a couple units and some bug fixes for 20-30 bucks, if your game even got one.

Quote Originally Posted by FourthWall View Post
    There's also the thing where DLC content is something the consumer gets in a (hopefully) working state as opposed to a) a less functional game or b) jack shit. Also coming from the Before Time of PC Gaming, a lot of games came buggy and with unfinished content, with expansion packs being your 30 dollar investment on "new content".

Time and money are a thing; just because the assets are there doesn't mean they're done on time or will be done on time.

E: Expansion packs could end up being a couple units and some bug fixes for 20-30 bucks, if your game even got one.
    Sorry to say this, but if you genuinely believe that the content that is there already is not done, you're very optimistic person in a world where we get day 1 DLC content. Same for believing that DLC content is free of bugs, which I can tell you it isn't a lot of times. Which is normal, no release is perfect, that's why updates are there once all the user base starts to find bugs.

Also, I got many expansions from different games like Heroes of Might and Magic or Age of Empires, and while yeah, I do admit some bugs were there, the amount of content I got from them was enough to justify paying for them, like 10 or more hours with campaigns and new content for free modes. And even some of the bugs in the new expansions were patched eventually.

I swear, every time I hear that DLC nowadays is better than Expansions back then, part of me makes me wish I had a time machine to show them how things have changed for the worse. There's a Mona Lisa image that show perfectly what I mean, it's easy to find if you want to check it.
    Last edited by Oz1337; May 18th, 2018 at 11:09 AM.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i like the witcher
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FourthWall View Post

If they don't have time or money, they wouldn't include those empty rooms. If the empty rooms are for DLC servants and we know about them this early, it means the decision to include DLC servants was made ahead of time. And I've seen many shitty practices with DLC to have any good faith towards companies.
    Also, "bad thing is better than worse thing" isn't a good defense.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

how much did Sakurai contribute to Extella again?

US Friend Code
    We don't know, just that she was the assistant writer
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

マリーの味方
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    well you see, fgog and reddit told me she wrote all the bad parts. so if you don't like extella feel free to blame her

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    All the parts you didn't li- fuck you sesto
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Didn't Nasu said in one of his Bamboo Broom posts that he take care of the main story and put Sakurai in charge of the side ones?
    I honestly forgot exactly what he said, but I remember Nasu commented about it and it was one of the untranslated entries
    If someone remember

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    そして今月号のコンプティークで奈須きのこ&佃プロデューサーの対談があるのですが、こちらに誤りがありま す。
    「奈須きのこと共にサブストーリーのシナリオを担当する桜井光」
     という一文があるのですが、正しくは
    「奈須きのこと共にシナリオを担当する」
     です。光分はサブサーヴァントだけじゃないンだぜ!
    He specifically clarified that Sakurai did not just write the side stories.

Spooky Scary Counter-Guardian Balthizar's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz1337 View Post
    Sorry to say this, but if you genuinely believe that the content that is there already is not done, you're very optimistic person in a world where we get day 1 DLC content. Same for believing that DLC content is free of bugs, which I can tell you it isn't a lot of times. Which is normal, no release is perfect, that's why updates are there once all the user base starts to find bugs.

Also, I got many expansions from different games like Heroes of Might and Magic or Age of Empires, and while yeah, I do admit some bugs were there, the amount of content I got from them was enough to justify paying for them, like 10 or more hours with campaigns and new content for free modes. And even some of the bugs in the new expansions were patched eventually.

I swear, every time I hear that DLC nowadays is better than Expansions back then, part of me makes me wish I had a time machine to show them how things have changed for the worse. There's a Mona Lisa image that show perfectly what I mean, it's easy to find if you want to check it.
    Is it this Mona Lisa Image?

Nasuverse in a Nutshell
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Gilgamesh fired weapons like rockets back in the day, Enkidu was a shapeshifting mud doll, Elizabeth Bathory had dragon blood, the origin of life is an insane giant, and vampires rule over humans in this odd way where they claim to be the apex of life and are perfect beings. Also every planet has super ultimate beings that are the apex of each planet and will one day come to Earth to rock our shit, and each of these ultimate beings are comparable to vampires.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Jeanne was speaking to the counter force and Karl was driven by aliens. And Jesus was probably Martha's imaginary friend, I'd imagine.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle onepieceuc1's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    ASK MP
    How much time did it take for him to write Extella by the way? And is he already working on the one coming after Link?

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz1337 View Post
    Except back then updating games with bugfixes consisted on putting an installation patch on the official website (PC only of course, too bad for console users) and you downloading and installing it. So it was still possible, just a bit more cumbersome since you had to go search it.

Also, expansions offered a full new experience, so they were worth paying for it.

If there was an official website.
    If they even bothered to make a patch.
    If you actually had an Internet connection to download said patch with.
    Yeah, it wasn't nearly as simple as that. And there were plenty of "expansions" that didn't deserve the name back then, too (FPS map packs, for example)

JP Friend Code
    PM me/Rhoia

Drake looks amazing
    Last edited by Rhoia; May 24th, 2018 at 12:38 AM.
    Snek Evolution

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    based Arco, but she works too hard doesn't she.

JP Friend Code
    oh hi Shark.

- - - Updated - - -

Might have to get Drake's...tho I think her default costume is already great.

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Eh i actually don‘t like drake‘s swimsuit.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Charlemagne apparently gets a costume as well, but they only draw the girls own outfits. Aight

JP Friend Code
    They better give Karna and Arjuna their matching speedos or I riot.