Page 450 of 457 FirstFirst ... 350400440445448449450451452455 ... LastLast
Results 8,981 to 9,000 of 9124

Thread: Fate/Extella - New EXTRA Action Game

I take it this game will satisfy for your average Astolfo fan?

US Friend Code
    I actually enjoyed its story more than the first Extella. I mean it definitely was a lot more shallow and shorter but the subject matter was more interesting to me and Charlemagne more appealing than Altera. Plus it didn't stop every ten minutes for a bedroom scene.

- - - Updated - - -

Though yeah the routes thing was unnecessary and hurt the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinne-Tensei View Post
    These lines with Astolfo are golden lmao
    Look how cute he is on the background.
    Wada/10.

I'm not much of an Extra fan personally, but I'm a bit tempted to drive through Extella just to get to Extella Link eventually for Charles and Astolfo tbh.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Extella is very meh. Has some good parts like Archie and Elizabeth shenanigans, but there is so so so much waifu stuff, plus a whole buncha macro fetish in Altera's route.

The gameplay is weak, if you don't like musou games you're gonna hate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Shit-Posting Threat has been updated, Enforcement mode is DestroyDecomposer BK201's Avatar
    The Karna vs Arjuna and Charlemagne scene alone is worth it and makes it much better than extella.

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Have to admit, the Gil scene near the start of the 3rd branch route was pretty good.
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

マリーの味方
    Extella is worthwhile for Altera/True Route, you just have to trudge through the mediocrity that is the first two routes.

Astolfo is cute in Extella Zero but I'm not sure it'd be worth just for him. You might as well just watch his scenes on youtube. The entire game feels like a cliffnotes version of an actual story anyway.

US Friend Code
    Even the Altera stuff in the first game, while definitely improved over Nero and Tamamo's, still has so many waifu bedroom scenes interrupting the flow that even then it's still a pain to go through.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    a lot of that has to do with how each chapter is 5 chapters
    They really just have extended the story so more of the Servants could interact with each other
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Extella is very meh. Has some good parts like Archie and Elizabeth shenanigans, but there is so so so much waifu stuff, plus a whole buncha macro fetish in Altera's route.

The gameplay is weak, if you don't like musou games you're gonna hate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Extella is worthwhile for Altera/True Route, you just have to trudge through the mediocrity that is the first two routes.

Astolfo is cute in Extella Zero but I'm not sure it'd be worth just for him. You might as well just watch his scenes on youtube. The entire game feels like a cliffnotes version of an actual story anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Even the Altera stuff in the first game, while definitely improved over Nero and Tamamo's, still has so many waifu bedroom scenes interrupting the flow that even then it's still a pain to go through.
    Blegh. Nvm. Youtube it is. Apparently Nero's (post-Extra for me) pretty rough in it too, so it'd be a harder sell for me then. Thanks.

マリーの味方
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Bedroom scenes were good though. They helped build character, plus were fun. Charles really needed bedroom scenes of his own.

Bedroom scenes were good though. They helped build character, plus were fun. Charles really needed bedroom scenes of his own.
    That'd be amusing. Some of the recent SAO games actually let you lie in bed with some of the male cast iirc.
    How notable is the husbando aspect in these two games overall? (extella and link)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    That's a bad take for an ostensibly full-fledged game you're playing hard cash for.
    Divide the amount of money you’ve spent on FGO by the number of story nodes released so far to find the cash value of one FGO Story Unit, then multiply by the number of story units in an average event to see if the value of Extella Link is higher or lower

マリーの味方
    That'd be amusing. Some of the recent SAO games actually let you lie in bed with some of the male cast iirc.
    How notable is the husbando aspect in these two games overall? (extella and link)
    Extella is basically non-existent, which is expected since all the protagonists are female.

Link has a decent amount just because of Charles. But again, Charles didn't get as much attention as the heroines from the first game (imo) so it's not comparable to how waifu heavy Extella was. Still, it's there.
    (this is an actual spoiler)

Spoiler:

Understood. Thanks again.

Hit or miss
    Spoiler:
    i guess they never miss huh!

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Blegh. Nvm. Youtube it is. Apparently Nero's (post-Extra for me) pretty rough in it too, so it'd be a harder sell for me then. Thanks.
    I'm actually interested in seeing if it'll be a bit before the whole game goes up on YT; apparently Marvelous or XSEED did the whole 'you can show the game, but only this much' that Atlus did with P5; magic chapter where I saw some Tweets say they were being hit with strikes and the like seems to be Day 3, so... :|
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Spoiler:
    That's kind of cute...

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Wait, how can the controller support on Steam be bad? Aren't the commands the same as in the first game?