Page 413 of 457 FirstFirst ... 313363403408411412413414415418423 ... LastLast
Results 8,241 to 8,260 of 9124

Thread: Fate/Extella - New EXTRA Action Game

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    No, you're right, I worded that poorly in favor of sarcasm.

A better version would be "It's not weird at all for a sentient Reality Marble which by definition posesses no set appearance, personality, skills, or anything but the single basic ability to alter its shape according to the preferences of its current Master, to somehow retain the imprint of a single "past" Master, even though we know time in the Throne of Heroes is subjective and it could theoretically have had any number of Masters in any number of paralell worlds".
    Alice was special to NR. Do not neglect the heart.
    If you want a cold hard reason.
    My speculation would be that
    We know when NR became Alice's Servant, the Noble Phantasm Maiden Empire was born as the materialization of Alice's dream. This Noble Phantasm is a Perpetual Engine which would suggest it is possible for it remain even after NR is no longer Alice's Servant. Add in the singularity meaning that you can keep some of your memories and bam, it makes sense why NR can keep the imprint of Alice moreso than her other Masters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post

Same gimmick as his first trailer when he turns into Iskandar and does his rushing move. I think the mechanic is that you turn into a servant (not sure if random, or an ally servant, or have any specifics) and briefly use one of their attack actions. Hopefully when he turns into Karna he shoots eyebeams.
    I know it's For Someone's Glory
    TBH I think each transformation will be an active skill and he gets one attack for each Servant. So for Tamamo it'll be the kick flurry, for Iskander it'll be the rush.
    Like Bartz in Dissidia kinda.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    the best thing was that he did use the whole fighter jet body as a weapon, kamikaze style

the worst thing is that he still has black fog when holding arondight, which either i have to chalk on cool gameplay factor or soft retcon
    am actually fine either way
    Plus the "Lance can copy others' face only with a Command Spell" thing

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    I've never been much of a Tamamo man (for Extra servants I prefer Nero and for Casters I prefer Medea), but damn, that police uniform is the best thing for me she's ever worn.

That's like taking JLU animated Joker seriously because he kills a lot of people.
    That's not the best of examples, I think. Batman himself, the protagonist of that narrative no less, always has treated the Joker as his biggest, most serious threat (other than Ra's al Ghul), with the stakes normally acting accordingly, and the animated series was no exception, even without going into what happened in Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker.

I don't think Gilles is a joke character as much as a very dark character with a certain element of ridiculousness who sometimes gets employed for jokes (the same as everyone in Type-Moon, but then you remember this guy was a child killer and in real life also a serial pedophile, which is a line even the most depraved versions of the Joker don't cross, and he stops being that funny anymore). Like, I won't deny he becomes utterly silly when he's demoted to Jeanne Alter's senile pappy figure, but then you'd have to say the same thing about Jeanne Alter herself. Everyone in Fate, except perhaps True Form Solomon, takes turns playing the fool role at some point or another.
    Last edited by OverMaster; May 17th, 2018 at 11:04 AM.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Marros's Avatar
    Solomon isn't immune to it either, his High-speed Incantation is ranked down because he gets nervous and messes up sometimes. Not a major one, but it's something.

a bit annoyed that out of all people for the Caster slot, we got Gilles.

why not Da Vinci or Nitocris?

US Friend Code
    Nito has no reason of being there other than fan-service, and we have plenty of that with the female crew.

Da Vinci probably because right now she's to invested with GO and that isn't finished
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

couldnt you yourself still pick a more suitable caster for the story than Gilles though?

The game hasn't come out yet...
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    couldnt you yourself still pick a more suitable caster for the story than Gilles though?
    Depends on what his role in the story is.

Bare in mind that when TM picks Servants for stuff like this, they don't do so because it be cool to have them but that they want to write a story, and if they have that story outlined they cant very add anyone to the mix
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

US Friend Code
    Looking at how other new characters pair off with existing ones, like Arjuna to Karna, Lancelot to Gawain, and Darius to Iskandar, I'm sure Gilles was chosen to counter Jeanne. If that is the case then I think if they were going to choose someone instead of Gilles their first thought would be "who would be a good counter to Jeanne?" and not "who would be a good Caster?"

i m aware of the story implications and the reasons for choosing him.

it is just that he feels like such a weird choice for a fighting/musou game.

for paralels, couldnt they have, say, released a caster version of Martha, for example? would that not have been a good enough character paralel?

just brainstorming here and asking for your thoughts on the matter

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    How would Martha be a better parallel to Jeanne than Gilles? All the other examples are of characters who actually knew each other.

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    i m aware of the story implications and the reasons for choosing him.

it is just that he feels like such a weird choice for a fighting/musou game.

for paralels, couldnt they have, say, released a caster version of Martha, for example? would that not have been a good enough character paralel?

just brainstorming here and asking for your thoughts on the matter
    How would martha even be a rival for jeanne and why does she needs to be caster? Martha wouldn‘t fill gilles role at all. If anything martha would be friends with jeanne.

Like just from the line up i would assume the story is gonna be karl appearing and bringing servants he can use to hold off the troublesome servants of the previous factions. It‘s mostly been servants who would follow him regardless of what he‘s after as long as they get a chance at whoever they‘re after.

Arjuna -> Karna
    Darius -> Iskandar
    Lance -> Arthuria/Gawain

and

Gilles -> Jeanne

So no other servant would fit that role.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

JP Friend Code
    we should’ve had prelati instead of gilles amirite

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    How would martha even be a rival for jeanne and why does she needs to be caster? Martha wouldn‘t fill gilles role at all. If anything martha would be friends with jeanne.

Like just from the line up i would assume the story is gonna be karl appearing and bringing servants he can use to hold off the troublesome servants of the previous factions. It‘s mostly been servants who would follow him regardless of what he‘s after as long as they get a chance at whoever they‘re after.

Arjuna -> Karna
    Darius -> Iskandar
    Lance -> Arthuria/Gawain

and

Gilles -> Jeanne

So no other servant would fit that role.
    Karna was mindbroken by the power of Christ though
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    The opposite then, we get arjuna to go after karna.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

i already said it back when he was revealed, but yeah, not a fan of Gilles.( i never was) and i get the "link" theme, but the roster overall is lackluster to me
    Also, i know Nero and Tamamo are like main heroines, but still not very happy with almost every "new" one being a male.
    Other little gripe of mine is, since this an extraverse game, i would like for NR and Vlad to be there and make th full original EXTRA roster (sans Arc) playable

Just my opinion, but I don't think we should expect a grand roster of fan favorite servants containing Okita and Jalter in a Extella Side story. (For those of you who don't know, Extella Link is Extella 1.5) There is also the story and setting of the Extella game that makes the developers and writers consider who is going to be added.