Page 201 of 305 FirstFirst ... 101151191196199200201202203206211251301 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,020 of 6084

Thread: Fate/EXTRA Last Encore

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maichi View Post
    These tags, what the heck
    It's tradition
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Maichi View Post
    These tags, what the heck
    Pretty normal.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyMN View Post
    Spoiler:

Wait WTF, i didn't notice that when i saw the episode. Rin was murdered by the monster, then Hakuno used his CS and the next sequence was with NR
    Hakuno used CS to reinforce Saber, then Saber killed the Monster to reset time(it's similar to going back to a save point in a game), so any damage during that time is reversed...
    At least that's what I understood

If everything is going back to the way it was when monster Alice is killed, then shouldn't Hakuno regain his used up CS, and their memories also go back to being what they had in the beginning? If this time reversal can recreate Rin, a CS shouldn't be hard.
    If new memories they made can be kept, if the used up CS remains gone, things are changing between the resets. If Rin dies, there's no reason to think the reset would revive her.

They explained it in the episode too. It's not a loop where literally everything goes back to the way it was in the beginning. They're just being forced to retry every time monster Alice is killed. I honestly doubt Rin came back due to this retry.
    Last edited by Rate; March 12th, 2018 at 11:55 AM.

I thought Rin was the one all wrapped up in bandages and that Hakuno used the CS to put her back together somehow?

US Friend Code
    Time is reset though it's not just a retry. They keep their memories but the time itself goes back

Now think of it this way. If the time reset didn't reverse the wounds/Death then the Monster itself should be dead after their first encounter. You can assume that reversing effect works for everyone whose time was reset. Now why didn't Hakuno's CS return? No idea but I think it's because CS are unaffected by this retry.
    Last edited by RedKaZero; March 12th, 2018 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternative Ice View Post
    I thought Rin was the one all wrapped up in bandages and that Hakuno used the CS to put her back together somehow?
    No, that's Alice representation of her IRL body in the hospital.
    Last edited by Kromy; March 12th, 2018 at 12:39 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fate/Extra Material
    Perpetual Machine – Maiden Empire [noble phantasm] P178
    The Queen’s Glass Game.
    This is Caster’s anti-planet Noble Phantasm. It resets the battle to turn 1.
    If you don’t defeat Caster before the turn she has declared, you’ll end up playing with the two maidens forever.
    The servant Nursery Rhyme takes on the form that her Master desires. This Noble Phantasm works in similar fashion, and can be said that this to be the ultimate materialization of Alice’s dreams.

“The story goes on for all eternity.
    As though putting my slender finger back on the first line of the first page,
    Or perhaps pulling out the second volume.
    As long as the hand that follows the text, continues to reject reality.”
    Going back to turn 1 of the battle is vague enough that it can include restoring the participants but not the Command Spell.
    Besides, it's really the only explanation for Rin being fine, and since the show doesn't make any effort to make you doubt it or consider other possibilites it's obvious to me that it is​ the explanation, I honestly hadn't even questioned it before seeing this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    Anti-world*

Sasuga tmdict.

Well, I agree it's the most obvious answer to Rin's survival, but it isn't consistent with everything we've seen, so I'm just a bit reluctant to accept that. If everything goes back to being how it was on turn 1, the CS should technically be back. Even in last episode, when Nero killed the monster, they were sent back with Nero's sword still summoned, in the very same state they were in when the Monster died.

As it stands, it seems like that only affects the Monster itself and possibly the floor too. Not the contestants.
    Besides, while it is the most obvious answer, it's not the only answer to Rin's survival. This isn't the first time Rin has survived something that should kill her. So I'm a bit reluctant to just call it time travel and end things there.

Spoiler:

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    Anti-world*

Sasuga tmdict.
    That makes more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Rate View Post
    Well, I agree it's the most obvious answer to Rin's survival, but it isn't consistent with everything we've seen, so I'm just a bit reluctant to accept that. If everything goes back to being how it was on turn 1, the CS should technically be back. Even in last episode, when Nero killed the monster, they were sent back with Nero's sword still summoned, in the very same state they were in when the Monster died.

As it stands, it seems like that only affects the Monster itself and possibly the floor too. Not the contestants.
    Besides, while it is the most obvious answer, it's not the only answer to Rin's survival. This isn't the first time Rin has survived something that should kill her. So I'm a bit reluctant to just call it time travel and end things there.

Spoiler:
    Well, I shouldn't have said it's the only explanation, but I still think that it is and the Command Spell just isn't affected by the RM.
    Though I did forget about that scene from the first floor, I guess there may be even more to Rin than what I'm considering.

Spoiler:
    I don't think battle continuation allow you to survive from a dismembered body with the head ripped off though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kromy View Post
    I don't think battle continuation allow you to survive from a dismembered body with the head ripped off though.
    That was just a random guess, first thing that came to mind. That's less likely to be true than time reversal saving Rin. And that's without taking Rin's Cu's low Rank BC into consideration. With that Rank, there's no way to survive even half of what Rin did.

That was just a random guess, first thing that came to mind. That's less likely to be true than time reversal saving Rin. And that's without taking Rin's Cu's low Rank BC into consideration. With that Rank, there's no way to survive even half of what Rin did.
    Even then we don't know if she has Cu's abilities without turning into him, so maybe as long as she's not into Cu's form she is a normal master.

Also i have a theory that she has to rest after using Cu's power so that would explain why she didn't come into Dan's floor since she used it a lot in the first floor.
    Last edited by Kromy; March 12th, 2018 at 01:32 PM.

US Friend Code
    Occam's razor... select the Hypothesis with fewest possible assumptions

Happy Megane Sion is Best Sion! ChiakiKakumei's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So are the subs out yet, I didn't see episode 7 in the anime stream sites. And how many episodes are they actually going to do? If it's 12, it's really not enough to cover all the floors/Final Battle with Saver.

And inb4MooncancerRininLastEncoreCollab I mean, she defeated 3 servants *well maybe corrupted evil maybe weaker than normal servants* but still. And surviving twice.
    Chibi V.Sion Army go!

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The thought is that the episode count is 14, but tbh that's too few as well and I don't think it was actually confirmed at that count either. So, I guess we'll just have to keep an eye out and see. Considering that it started about 4 weeks late into the Winter season though, my guess is somewhere near 16 or 20 to carry over into Spring.
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

Don't expect it honestly, 14 seems right, with 2 episodes for each of the 7 floors it makes 14 episodes.

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kromy View Post
    Don't expect it honestly, 14 seems right, with 2 episodes for each of the 7 floors it makes 14 episodes.
    The problem with this idea is that the current progression of the show already throws it off. The Ground Floor (or Floor 0 if you prefer) was the first episode, Floor 1 with Shinji and Drake was episodes 2 and 3, Floor 2 was eps. 4 and 5, and now Floor 3 was eps. 6 and 7.

Following that pattern we still have Floors 4-7 to go through, and than the final confrontation at the top of the Cell/Chakravarton. (spelling) That's likely at least 8 episodes for the floors and than need 1-2 for the finale area. So going by that, that's 16-17 episodes at least. :|
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratosirving View Post
    The problem with this idea is that the current progression of the show already throws it off. The Ground Floor (or Floor 0 if you prefer) was the first episode, Floor 1 with Shinji and Drake was episodes 2 and 3, Floor 2 was eps. 4 and 5, and now Floor 3 was eps. 6 and 7.

Following that pattern we still have Floors 4-7 to go through, and than the final confrontation at the top of the Cell/Chakravarton. (spelling) That's likely at least 8 episodes for the floors and than need 1-2 for the finale area. So going by that, that's 16-17 episodes at least. :|
    They can clear the Rin floor in 1 episode since she's not going to be a floor master, and for the final that's what the special broadcast is for.