Page 254 of 305 FirstFirst ... 154204244249252253254255256259264304 ... LastLast
Results 5,061 to 5,080 of 6084

Thread: Fate/EXTRA Last Encore

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    It's not a studio release schedule, its production committee wants this but good luck finding a time slot for it when we already booked this other one oh more episodes fuuuuuuuuu
    Isn't the production comitee tied to the studio?

I mean the Monogatari series is no stranger to these kinds of things, the latest installments have all been released almost like they were movies even though technically they are just several episodes strung together.

Isn't ONA a possibility too?
    burn your dread you coward

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    I mean. Shaft will gladly take the break to improve the episodes. They also delayed the release of the BDs (BDs were suppossed to be released on a monthly schedule starting this month or June, but volume 1 got delayed until august and thus all other volumes are also delayed to follow the monthly schedule starting with vol 1).
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post
    Isn't the production comitee tied to the studio?
    The production committee is tied to the project. It'll have maybe one or two producers from SHAFT, a few people from Notes, a few producers from Aniplex, probably a producer from the initial broadcaster, a person representing any given sponsor...

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Can't believe Amari was Seihai-kun this whole time
    Sehai as in random holy grail or the moon cell in paticualar
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

I thought it was a reference to Amari giving Shinji a knife and telling him to kill or something.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So are they actually going to explore Amari in the fucking Drama CD instead of the anime?

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    So are they actually going to explore Amari in the fucking Drama CD instead of the anime?
    Yes. I think this was obvious for a while when the drama CD was announced and we got to floor 6 without any Amari stuff, and we know the rest of the episodes need to focus on Leo, Gawain, Twice and Saver. If we were gonna have something about Amari, we would have gotten it by now.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    If this really happens it'll honestly be the worst part of this clusterfuck. Introducing a new character in an adaptation and not exploring them in it? This is ludicrous, I can't even comprehend such a decision.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    The point is casuals don't need to watch it
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think introducing a character whose central conflict is being always relegated to an extra and then literally relegating her to optional extra material would actually be kinda clever, but different strokes

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Rebellion13 View Post
    The point is casuals don't need to watch it
    Oh yes of course, as a dedicated fan I love to have to go to the website to get the entirety of the anime's story.
    Having the most immediate change from the game not be properly addressed until I buy the BD and listen to a Drama CD is also incredible!
    Thank you Type-Moon and SHAFT for this incredible experience, this is how you know who the real fans are!

Blog Entries
    If you don't like the show enough to buy it then why would you care about some random side character to begin with though

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    If you don't like the show enough to buy it then why would you care about some random side character to begin with though
    Well because at first they didn't present her as a random side character, there's no way they thought people would consider this completely new person an unimportant extra.

It's not like this is "Gotou-kun's Adventure during the HGW!", this character is a major part of the differences from the game (or at least they lead us to believe she was), and these differences are the most interesting thing about this anime.

I'm still expecting her to be relevant during the last episodes though, just because I can't understand the decision of cutting her stuff out of the anime.

Nasu has /never/ been a particularly linear storyteller. Almost without exception there's some important shit in the Q&A or the mats or the payoff is in a later seemingly unrelated Nasuverse entry. I can definitely understand being disappointed by the approach, but it's really really nothing new.

Well because at first they didn't present her as a random side character, there's no way they thought people would consider this completely new person an unimportant extra.

It's not like this is "Gotou-kun's Adventure during the HGW!", this character is a major part of the differences from the game (or at least they lead us to believe she was), and these differences are the most interesting thing about this anime.

I'm still expecting her to be relevant during the last episodes though, just because I can't understand the decision of cutting her stuff out of the anime.
    Episodes. Nasu is using the website and Drama CD to tell as much of the stuff he wanted to tell while sticking to the limited number of episodes given. It's clear the website stuff is stuff the'd have in the anime if they could have more episodes to tell that stuff properly. Same with Amari. But, there aren't enough episodes. Cue website and Drama CD. Not the most ideal solution, but what can you do.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Nasu has always done the "explain it in side material" thing even in his games though, only difference is that the material is mostly free this time.

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Oh yes of course, as a dedicated fan I love to have to go to the website to get the entirety of the anime's story.
    Having the most immediate change from the game not be properly addressed until I buy the BD and listen to a Drama CD is also incredible!
    Thank you Type-Moon and SHAFT for this incredible experience, this is how you know who the real fans are!
    I also probably don't need to watch it start to play fate extra in my holiday. They still prioritize japan first huh. I'm pretty sure playing fate extra and ccc will be more enjoyable
    than this
    Just like Arashi said : Multimedia
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarfDyedShadow View Post
    Nasu has /never/ been a particularly linear storyteller. Almost without exception there's some important shit in the Q&A or the mats or the payoff is in a later seemingly unrelated Nasuverse entry. I can definitely understand being disappointed by the approach, but it's really really nothing new.
    Nasu has always done the "explain it in side material" thing even in his games though, only difference is that the material is mostly free this time.
    I don't think he did anything on this level before, of course we have many things that are unclear until materials or interviews clarify it, but nothing that made me think there was something missing from the experience.
    I don't know, to me this is very different.

Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    Episodes. Nasu is using the website and Drama CD to tell as much of the stuff he wanted to tell while sticking to the limited number of episodes given. It's clear the website stuff is stuff the'd have in the anime if they could have more episodes to tell that stuff properly. Same with Amari. But, there aren't enough episodes. Cue website and Drama CD. Not the most ideal solution, but what can you do.
    That's honestly completely his fault, if you're given 12 episodes (for example) then you should write enough content for 12 episodes, not for 20 and then cut stuff out and shove it on the website and drama CDs.
    And I know you're all going to say Nasu always writes what he wants, and I agree and usually like that he's like that, but if your wants are detrimental to the work you're creating then you should stop and think if it's really worth it, and considering Last Encore so far, it definitely wasn't. This isn't the only problem with LE of course, but it's one of them.

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    They can make OVA though.... nvm It's already like an OVA
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

I don't think he did anything on this level before, of course we have many things that are unclear until materials or interviews clarify it, but nothing that made me think there was something missing from the experience.
    I don't know, to me this is very different.

That's honestly completely his fault, if you're given 12 episodes (for example) then you should write enough content for 12 episodes, not for 20 and then cut stuff out and shove it on the website and drama CDs.
    And I know you're all going to say Nasu always writes what he wants, and I agree and usually like that he's like that, but if your wants are detrimental to the work you're creating then you should stop and think if it's really worth it, and considering Last Encore so far, it definitely wasn't. This isn't the only problem with LE of course, but it's one of them.
    Maybe he wrote too much before hearing of the episode number?
    This is also Nasu's first time directly writing for anime, so maybe he overstimated what can fit properly in a single episode
    Thing is, it feels like he had certain ideas, the episode number was an obstacle, and website and Drama CD is the only way he could fully tell what he wanted to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Rebellion13 View Post
    They can make OVA though.... nvm It's already like an OVA
    Can't make OVAs if they aren't given the budget to make them.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler: