Page 206 of 305 FirstFirst ... 106156196201204205206207208211216256 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,120 of 6084

Thread: Fate/EXTRA Last Encore

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Astroprogs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rate View Post
    Alice calls him Onii-chan in both the flashbacks and even the monster turned Alice is waiting for an Onii-chan. It was definitely a male. She forgot him when she turned into a monster, you can see her struggling to remembering him when she first starts transforming. Even when she saw him, she couldn't recognize him. Seeing the book they used to read together reminded Alice who it was, and when she cries, we see only Hakuno reflected in her eyes. In the ending, she again calls him Onii-chan, remembering who he is.
    Not that I'm saying that what this can't be true or anything, but if Hakuno's consciousness is so far gone as to out his current form in these memories, changing "Onee-chan" to "Onii-chan", so that it "fits" just like his appearance, wouldn't be that out of the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Rate View Post
    I don't know if it's been pointed out before, but that "Oh, it's you" was more of a mistranslation than anything. Whoever subbed it thought Nero said "そなたか", ending with か, making a somewhat complete sentence. What she actually said was "そなたが", the が suggesting she stopped midway through her sentence. It was more closer to "So you are..." then "Oh, it's you".
    Oh, interesting.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Astroprogs View Post
    Not that I'm saying that what this can't be true or anything, but if Hakuno's consciousness is so far gone as to out his current form in these memories, changing "Onee-chan" to "Onii-chan", so that it "fits" just like his appearance, wouldn't be that out of the question.
    I don't believe that theory to start with, but seeing himself in the memories does make sense, since those people's grudges are part of him.

But changing what he heard Alice say just to fit how he sees himself currently is really stretching it.

Anyway, I thought the episode was just like the others, which was ehhhhhhh. Like I get whats going on with Rin so that will be nice to see soon but the rest of it plays out too much like a villain of the week and its getting annoying since the moment you see a new servant, you already know that they will get defeated by the next episode. I know that the creator himself is putting a lot of work into this but honestly, it still feels lacking and seems to be too focused on Nero and speeding through each area within two episodes

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Symposium Magarum View Post
    Anyway, I thought the episode was just like the others, which was ehhhhhhh. Like I get whats going on with Rin so that will be nice to see soon but the rest of it plays out too much like a villain of the week and its getting annoying since the moment you see a new servant, you already know that they will get defeated by the next episode. I know that the creator himself is putting a lot of work into this but honestly, it still feels lacking and seems to be too focused on Nero and speeding through each area within two episodes
    I swear I saw this exact same comment on reddit

JP Friend Code
    "Villain of the week" is basically Extra in a nutshell. You have 1 week to find out about the Master and their servant to try and kill them by the weekend. The difference is that in the game you get to investigate them and gather information about them (called Matrix) with random confrontations here and there in the arena or in the school while in this anime you get information being told directly to you.

US Friend Code
    I really don't get why people don't like the character(they are not villains) of the week format? It's not like this is the first anime to do it or it somehow takes away the experience of it because of that
    Based on the above posters reasoning, you can say that every show is bad because you know that the main characters will always win/have a happy ending(generally) within the mentioned amount of episodes.

And It's not like each floor is just a detour to the main plot the amount of detail and clues put in each episode is staggering

I get other arguments, but this one really bugs me

I must admit though that episode 6 and 7 made me feel like I was watching Madoka Magica all over again. One thing I've noticed is that the way both shows opened are very similar to each other. Homura and Nero both face off against the final boss only to end up losing the end, the fate of Hakunon is mostly unknown just like Madoka, although it's most likely that she died. Hopefully, the first scene in episode 1 is explained more clearly just like how Madoka Magica explained theirs.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Symposium Magarum View Post
    seems to be too focused on Nero
    Wut ? That's something I also saw on Reddit and that I still don't understand.
    How can you say that it's too focused on Nero when 80% of the last episode was about Alice ?

Quote Originally Posted by Astroprogs View Post
    if Hakuno's consciousness is so far gone as to out his current form in these memories, changing "Onee-chan" to "Onii-chan", so that it "fits" just like his appearance, wouldn't be that out of the question.
    At first, I thought so too. But then she also calls him Onii-chan in flashbacks that aren't Hakuno's. In just general flashbacks that had nothing to do with Hakuno, that show how Alice turned into a monster after Hakuno Ascended, she's using Onii-chan. And at the end of the episode, she, again, refers to Hakuno the same, even in present time. Hakuno isn't even there to hear it.

At this point, if it turns out to be Onee-chan, that's not Hakuno's memory being changed, rather the story outright lying, feeding false information to the viewer for cheap plot twists.
    Last edited by Rate; March 14th, 2018 at 12:30 PM.

At this point I'm just wondering how Amari was able to ascend to next floor, presuming that Alice didn't kill her.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There's also the option that she moved down to a previous floor.

Quote Originally Posted by DlanorAozaki View Post
    Wut ? That's something I also saw on Reddit and that I still don't understand.
    How can you say that it's too focused on Nero when 80% of the last episode was about Alice ?
    Nero appearing in anything means they're focusing too much on her, can't believe this Nero wank, down with Sakurai, etc -Reddit

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by RedKaZero View Post
    I really don't get why people don't like the character(they are not villains) of the week format? It's not like this is the first anime to do it or it somehow takes away the experience of it because of that
    Based on the above posters reasoning, you can say that every show is bad because you know that the main characters will always win/have a happy ending(generally) within the mentioned amount of episodes.

And It's not like each floor is just a detour to the main plot the amount of detail and clues put in each episode is staggering

I get other arguments, but this one really bugs me
    I think for myself it's that, while I'm interested in the overall plot, I can't find much enjoyment feeling like I (basically) know what will happen on these first floors. It just feels like busywork until something big happens.

That being said, Alice's floor was okay. I felt bad for her, but I still couldn't get attached too much.

I think things will pick up in the future, I hope. I'm curious about Amari, Leo & Twice.

US Friend Code
    There are at least 3 (loops/reincarnation? of)Hakunos
    1 female Hakuno in the 1st episode
    1 male Hakuno who was in flashbacks with Alice and Amari(and maybe Dan and Shinji)
    1 preasent Hakuno that we are following

Also important thing to note is that due to the 3rd floor's nameless forest Present Hakuno seems to have seen the memories of the past Male Hakuno with Alice and Amari
    (It's strongly implied in the scene when he touches the book he used to read to Alice)

Also that past M Hakuno and current Hakuno have noticeable difference in personality. But current Hakuno seems to recall Past Hakuno's memories in this floor as if they were his own... this implies that the past Male one and present one are the same person but somehow the current one has a different personality(maybe because of dead face).
    Now, if the current Hakuno and Female Hakuno are considered same person is not clear yet
    Last edited by RedKaZero; March 14th, 2018 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jennajayfeather View Post
    I think for myself it's that, while I'm interested in the overall plot, I can't find much enjoyment feeling like I (basically) know what will happen on these first floors. It just feels like busywork until something big happens.

That being said, Alice's floor was okay. I felt bad for her, but I still couldn't get attached too much.

I think things will pick up in the future, I hope. I'm curious about Amari, Leo & Twice.
    There isn't going to be something big happening, it's not FSN when the HGW was working fine until something weird happened, and i'm okay with that.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by my brother
    So you (me) said in FGO Tamamo said during the Last Encore celebration quest about being the 4th week enemy right? then Extella Zero did have her as 4th enemy. We also saw a stone Emiya (Hakunon's servant) in the beginning of ep1 and Hakunon seems to be on Gawain's floor (where Hakuno and her fought in the script). So what if this anime is the sequel to an Extella Zero route when Nero lost to Buddha?
    Interesting thought from him but I really hope he's wrong.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Kromy View Post
    There isn't going to be something big happening, it's not FSN when the HGW was working fine until something weird happened, and i'm okay with that.
    I mean "big" as in when the plot starts taking off. We have hints here and there, and Alice's floor gave many hints towards it--so I expect it to really start to take off in these future floors.

I have a secret that I haven't told you... Huitante's Avatar
    It was strong episode of feels and closeups of Nero buttwindow. Li is supposed to be on the next floor, right? My body is ready!

- - - Updated - - -

The sub situation sucks tho
    We've had to endure much, you and I, but within the week there will be old men running the world

OLD MEN ARE THE FUTURE

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Huitante View Post
    closeups of Nero buttwindow
    "THIS IS A SERIOUS CHARACTER" is all I could think of every time that happened
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    "THIS IS A SERIOUS CHARACTER" is all I could think of every time that happened
    I just figured any sort of levity was welcome after Alice's history, even if said levity was Nero's shiny butt (is it just me, or does it get bigger sometimes?). I wasn't very surprised when I saw screenshots of it later with someone declaring 'LOOK HOW HORRIBLE THIS ANIME WITH IT'S FANSERVICY SHOT IS!!'

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Well there's a simple metric to go by.

Nero fanservice: broke
    Rin fanservice: W O K E
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3