Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fire Girl Translation - Vol 1-2

JP Friend Code
    By request

Fire Girl Translation - Vol 1-2

I hereby announce the start of Fire Girl Volume 1-2's translation! As always, the actual translation will be hosted over on NanoDesu Translations, with updates and links posted here. Also, posting in this thread is done on the premise that you already know the events of Vol 1-1, so if you want to avoid reading spoilers, go back and read Vol 1-1 before continuing here. (Here's the link to the previous volume's thread)

This volume picks up right after the end of Vol 1-1 and dives straight into the thick of things, focusing on the mystery of the unknown humanoid figure that Homura witnessed on Nutella back in the previous volume. There will be a lot of surprises in store in the coming chapters, so buckle in and enjoy yourself as you plunge into the world of this unique sci-fi/fantasy/high school adventure by Hoshizora Meteo.

Volume 1-2

Color Illustrations
    Chapter 14
    Chapter 15
    Chapter 16
    Chapter 17
    Chapter 18
    Chapter 19
    Chapter 20
    Chapter 21
    Chapter 22
    Chapter 23
    Chapter 24
    Epilogue
    Afterword
    Last edited by EDreamer; August 9th, 2016 at 06:30 PM.
    ~The sage cries out. "Open, Gates of Heaven. Bless us and bestow miracles upon us!"~

Fate/Apocrypha Translation Collaboration Project: My site (NanoDesu Translations) and CanonRap's site (Quality Mistranslations)
    Volume 1 (CanonRap): Complete | Volume 2 (Me): Complete | Volume 3 (CanonRap): Ongoing | Volume 4 (Me): Complete

Fire Girl Translation: NanoDesu Translations
    Volume 1-1: Complete | Volume 1-2: Complete | Volume 2-1: Complete | Volume 2-2: Ongoing

Thanks for the translation. I'm not reading Fire Girl yet but still, i appreciated your dedication as i will when you finish volume 2.

Once again thanks for all your work this stuff is great.

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Chapter 15 is finished. This one is basically one condensed summary of all the setting information of the Fire Girl world that was ignored until now. (For some reason, the author seems to prefer keeping story action and worldbuilding explanations very much separate from each other in his writing. Does it work well? I'll let you all be the judge of that.) Also, there IS a good reason for the name Nutella, apparently. (Still have to question the author's naming sense, though.)

Chapter 15
    ~The sage cries out. "Open, Gates of Heaven. Bless us and bestow miracles upon us!"~

Fate/Apocrypha Translation Collaboration Project: My site (NanoDesu Translations) and CanonRap's site (Quality Mistranslations)
    Volume 1 (CanonRap): Complete | Volume 2 (Me): Complete | Volume 3 (CanonRap): Ongoing | Volume 4 (Me): Complete

Volume 1-1: Complete | Volume 1-2: Complete | Volume 2-1: Complete | Volume 2-2: Ongoing

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Chapter 16 is complete, with the plot finally picking up and diving straight into the action, with a nice little surprise revelation at the end (which I certainly didn't see coming, and it forced me to change parts of Chapter 2 in Vol 1-1 as a result). The story is going to get more focused from here on, so look forward to the next chapter soon.

Chapter 16

What did you change?

Thanks for the translation.

One thing I noticed was in the sentence:
    Well, in other words, we won’t loss anything even if we get our hopes up a bit.
    I believe the "loss" should have been "lose."

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Thanks for pointing out the mistake, relt, it's been fixed now.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternative Ice View Post
    What did you change?
    Basically, the gender of the missing baby that was mentioned at the end of the chapter. In the text, no gender was given, so I just automatically put it as a boy, but I hadn't read Vol 1-2 at the time and thus didn't know the hidden significance there. So I changed all the text there so that the baby is indicated as female instead of male now.

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Sorry for a bit of delay on this chapter, it's been a hectic month. This chapter mostly deals with the aftermath of the last one, but I personally think the scene at the end was one of the more touching scenes so far in these novels. Anyway, be prepared for a monster of a chapter for the next update, since the next one is the longest chapter in Vol 1-2.

Chapter 17

I'm enjoying this LN more than I actually thought I would when I started reading it. Keep it up ED.

JP Friend Code
    By request
    At last, Chapter 18 is complete, and boy what a chapter it was, both in terms of its length and the events within it. This chapter really went overdrive on the number of historic references and unique pieces of grammar that I had to make TL notes on, so I hope that the results of all my efforts and research were at least informative to you all. Luckily, the next chapter is extremely short compared to this one, so you won't have a long wait this time.

Chapter 18

Blog Entries
    So does this take place in the Nasuverse, or is it completely separate?

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

The only Saber Clone that matters Ace's Avatar
    Thanks for the translation o7

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokudaime View Post
    So does this take place in the Nasuverse, or is it completely separate?
    This is a completely separate world from the Nasuverse, so there's no need to read any other Type Moon works before this one.

Blog Entries
    Hmm. 'kay.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Thanks to the shortness of Chapter 19, I have a fast update for once! Not much happens in this chapter, but rather it sets things up for the coming climax of the volume. Stay tuned for more soon!

Chapter 19

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Chapter 20 is done. You guys would not BELIEVE what a pain it is to consciously translate text into Old English. Hopefully I didn't make too much of a mockery of it.

Chapter 20

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Thank you for your work.

Unpromised Victory, isn't it sad? CG-3m1y4's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    From here henceforth I shall call you EDreamer.exe

Man, you translate so fast. The only ones who can translate even faster than you so far is Js06 (but then again, he's like a machine).
    Quote Originally Posted by My F/GO Collab Dream Never

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Quote Originally Posted by CG-3m1y4 View Post
    From here henceforth I shall call you EDreamer.exe

Man, you translate so fast. The only ones who can translate even faster than you so far is Js06 (but then again, he's like a machine).
    Haha, if only it were that simple. I'm just the kind of person who has to do things routinely on a day-by-day basis or I procrastinate like hell on it. Whevener I don't translate for more than a week, it's like climbing a cliff to get myself into it again. If it looks like I'm going fast now, it's only because I've finally gotten into the right groove again. Also, the fact that I have pretty fast editors helps speed up my updates.