Thread: Melty Blood Tournament

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Melty Blood Tournament

STREAM LINK

OFFICIAL STUFF:
    We will be using the latest version of the NON-steam Melty blood and CCCaster 3.0
    (you are free to gentleman the steam version if, for whatever reason, you and your opponent really want to)
    Please be in the Discord so I can organize shit.
    Send me your IP and port number for CCCaster before the tournament, please.
    The tourney begins April 23rd, 5pm GMT. Or 10am PST.
    I will be streaming (link here soon) all my matches until I get eliminated. After which I will stream winner's side, losers finals, and grand finals.
    Tourney Rules are below

Alright, to commemorate the Official Steam Release of Melty Blood AACC, I think we should have a tournament on Saturday, April 23rd (Time TBD). The game comes out on the 19th, and that should be ample time for us to decide if the new Arcsys netcode is garbage and whether or not we should just use 1.04 and cccaster.

--EDIT: Looks like we're using CCCaster

Basic tourney rules:
    -Double Elimination Bracket
    -Games will be 3 rounds, sets will be best of 3 games. Winner's, Loser's, and Grand Finals will be best of 5 games.
    -First character pick can be either double blind (at request of at least one player, work out how to do it yourself) or standard (just pick a character)
    -Game winner is character AND moon locked, game loser can change character or moon before the next game.

-Character specific rule. A player can pick a more color neutral stage if they are playing against a Nrvnqsr or Akiha so that they can see their attacks better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    1) Making flamepits or bloodrings difficult to see :
    Sabbath
    No Control Red
    Emerald Table, Melty Blood Texture
    G TABLE
    (red version)
    possibly also Forest of King Cruel or Crazy Cat Village, though those aren't quite as bad

2) Making Nero's snakes and certain other setups hard to see
    Classic
    Witch on the Holy Night
    Fateful Showdown

Hologram Summer, and the crossing crossing for WLen in particular. Through the Looking Glass is not actually that bad.
    -If a player pauses, they forfeit the round, I don't think you can pause while in a netplay match to begin with though so this shouldn't be an issue.
    --Corollary - If a player pauses for a game winning hit, then it's fine.

-Both players must report results to the tourney organizer (most likely just going to be me).

-Melty Bread forumites are banned from entering
    --Just kidding

-We WILL be using CCCaster for the tourney because the netplay is imply better and it'll be easier for me to spectate

Date:
    Tourney will take place, 10am Pacific Standard Time on April 23rd.
    Please be in the Discord so I can organize this.

Prereg is now, just say you're pre-registering in the comments. You can, of course, drop out if you decide you don't want to pay for the steam version and it ends up happening to be the one we use.

Prizes:

If your account is newer than this thread, you can participate but you cannot claim a prize. Sorry, but fuck you for coming to stomp for a free game.

First place winner will receive a copy of Under Night In-Birth on steam, from me. If they don't want that, they can fork it off to someone of their choosing, or we can work out a different, more or less equivalently price game.

2nd place will get 3 physical grand order cards of their choosing. I'm making a set for custom printing (and have been doing so long before keripo) and I will give you any 3 cards you want. Though you'll have to wait til about July.

3rd place gets 1 physical grand order card of their choice

Entrants:
    MLUCBTL
    Spinach
    Eddyak
    Sarn
    Nachos
    Ratman
    Yato
    Nihilim
    Strife
    Frostyvale
    Mooncake
    Ashton Drake
    Gesalt
    Epiren
    Snax
    Last edited by In-N-Out Double-Double & Animal Fries; April 22nd, 2016 at 11:16 PM.
    Code:
    [07:55:59] <Spinach> Take off your clothes Kirby
    [07:56:07] <Kirby> I'm in class

[20:37:34] <Lian|phone> there is a such thing as lingerie for guys?
    [20:37:54] <Kyokushi> yea
    [20:37:57] <Kyokushi> they're called jockstraps
    [20:38:02] <Lian|phone> :o
    [20:38:07] * Lian|phone googles
    [20:38:10] <Kyokushi> NO
    [20:38:11] <Kyokushi> DON'T
    [20:40:07] <Lian|phone> okay
    [20:40:16] <Lian|phone> I don't think I should have googled that

[12:59:30]  <Spinach> call me onii-chan, bitch
    [13:00:12]  <kroyo> imma fuck ur shit up onii-fam