Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Thread: Steel And Cherry Blossoms

Blog Entries
    Archer eyed him and said, “And you enjoy that fact.”

“Of course I do, just as I enjoy the fact that you’re utterly miserable and have come to visit me on a regular basis,” the taller man said with a smirk.

Archer chuckled at that and said, “Well I’m glad I can amuse you, Kotomine.”

“Kirei,” the priest corrected.

Archer asked, “So, I’m on a given name basis now?”

“I think so, and the next time you injure yourself near death, come to me. It would be a shame to lose you,” Kotomine said with a shake of his head.

Archer’s limbs felt like lead and his stomach was gnawing slightly in hunger. Tension rang out through his shoulders as the lethargy he’d been feeling had gotten worse. He scowled as he wondered if he was recovering any of prana at all and hated the fact that he might not be able to open the shop tomorrow because of it.

He was walking home from the Church after an amused lecture from Kotomine about not getting himself killed. There was a slight thrill at the fact that someone such as Kotomine wanted Archer alive and well, even if to just bare witness to his misery. The priest had even offered to get them dinner, but Archer didn’t think he was up to facing Tofu from Hell without Reinforcement. So he was going to go home and see what he could make without too much effort.

Yare yare, I’m getting lazy in my old age, he thought dryly, even though he wasn’t all that old. My soul feels like it is, he thought wearily as he rolled his aching shoulders. He hadn’t even been thirty yet when he’d been publically executed, but his services as a Counter Guardian could equate to thousands of years. He sighed as he walked back to his apartment on the other side of town back to his lonely bed.

“Faker,” an all too familiar voice purred behind him.

A sharp chill ran through Archer’s veins as he turned around to see the blond standing there, one hand tucked nonchalantly in his pocket and the other resting on his hip. The King of Heroes was wearing black slacks and a simple red T-shirt, yet expensively cut and probably made out of some ridiculously expensive fabric. Gilgamesh smiled at him and said, “I would like to see what is mine in better condition, Faker.”

“I’m not yours,” Archer replied as he started to walk again, “And I’m getting tired of you.”

Gilgamesh said, “This rebellion has been entertaining, but it needs to come to an end. As much as I’d hate to take you like this, I’m afraid this is going to be the only way I can get you.”

More ice slithered up Archer’s veins as he moved faster. He didn’t look behind him as he heard a quiet snap fill the silence of the street around them. The metallic chime of chains echoed all around as Archer took off at a run.

Of course. No prana, no way to Trace or Reinforce and Goldy is deciding that it’s time to stalk me again, Archer thought as he turned and ran down an alley way. The only chance that he had was that maybe he knew the city better than Gilgamesh. His heart was racing in his chest as sweat trickled down his body as he ran. The manic laughter rang out behind him before Gilgamesh called out, “Why are you running, Faker?”

“Can’t you take a damned hint?” Archer said between gritted teeth. Without the normal amount of prana coursing through him as the after effect of being a Servant, he wasn’t that much better than a normal human. Gilgamesh, somehow through some really messed up math, was two thirds god. Archer shoved a trashcan to hinder the King’s path and hopefully disgust him enough to stop chase.

Gilgamesh sighed and said, “Faker, who let you get like this? Was it the harlot of your former Master? You really need to be in someone else’s care when you cannot think to take care of yourself.”

A hot spike of anger cut through the icy fear running through his veins as Rin was insulted. Archer gritted his teeth and turned only to hear a sharp ringing right before something hard and heavy wrapped around his neck. A sudden jerk choked the air out of him as pain shot through his body as he was jerked back. Panic shot through him as countless people’s faces filled his mind, cheering for his death as the floor dropped from underneath him.

Archer struggled as he was drug to the ground and pavement shredded into his back and arms. He cried out, digging one hand into the ground and the other to keep from being strangled. Gilgamesh stood before him, holding his infamous chain as he effortlessly drug Archer over. Crimson eyes peered down at him as the blond knelt beside him.

“Mm, I think I rather like you like this,” he said thoughtfully as one elegant, long finger hand ran over Archer’s cheek.

He jerked his head back and glared up at the former king as he choked in air as best as he could. Gilgamesh laughed as he leaned forward with his eyes half closed. Archer’s eyes widened right as the King of Heroes’ face descended towards his as if to kiss him. Archer jerked his head to the side as he heard in the distance a low roar of a motorcycle motor as light flooded the alley.

Gilgamesh twisted around and looked up right in time for a steel toed boot to drive right into his face. Archer blinked as Gilgamesh crumpled to the ground and Rider gracefully landed in a crouching position. Long, lavender hair trailed all around the supple woman as she lifted herself up and charged Gilgamesh. Archer blinked as Rider lifted up the blond man with one arm and threw him to the far side of the alley as if he weighed nothing.

She turned her back to Archer and he saw her hands going to her glasses as she said, “Get on my bike.”

“You can’t take him,” Archer managed to choke out as he shoved Endiku from around his neck and rise to a semi-upright position.

From her profile Archer could see that she was smiling slightly as she said, “I’m not going to ‘take’ him.” Archer covered his eyes as he saw her hand slip her glasses into her pocket and rush towards the King of Heroes, who was still getting up.

Rider slid her glasses into her pocket as she sensed Archer moving towards her bike. She knew he had enough sense to cover his eyes as she approached Gilgamesh. “You . . . whore. You mongrel whore, I’ll show you what happens when you keep something away from me,” the blond said as he pushed himself into an upright position.

Rider shoved her hair back and looked at him dead on without the protective cover of her glasses. Gilgamesh’s movements slowed as his crimson eyes widened as she moved to him. Then, without preamble she kicked him as hard as she could right between the legs.

A slow smile spread across her features as crimson eyes widened, his cheeks puffed out as he choked and one hand went down to cradle the wounded area. The blond king sunk to his knees and Rider kicked him in the face before turning away from him and running to her bike before he recovered. She slid her glasses back on her face, grabbed Archer and took off on the Hayabusa.

To his credit, Archer didn’t fight her as she nimbly wove the bike through the back streets to their apartment. Rider kept looking behind her to make sure there wasn’t an angry Gilgamesh dogging their steps home. She smoothly parked the bike, put down the kick stand and dismounted. Archer was rubbing his throat and there was already a purplish bruise appearing on his dusky skin.

He climbed off the bike as well and coughed, shaking his head slightly. Watery grey eyes looked at her and asked, “How the hell did you find me?”

“Sakura was home and she told me that you walked her home. I went by your apartment and didn’t find you there. The only other place you’d be at would be the Church, and the false priest said you’d left about ten minutes after I arrived there,” Rider said as she shoved her hair back from her face and made sure her glasses were in place.

Archer frowned and asked, “Did Sakura have you come look for me?”

“Actually, I did this on my own violation,” Rider answered with a frown as she looked at him. There was the slightest bit of blood on his lip, calling to her with its sweet, iron smell. Wordlessly, she leaned forward and licked the tiny cut there and frowned at the bland taste marking his lack of prana.

Blog Entries
    Archer jumped back as if he’d been shot and nearly fell. She reached out, her fingers caught his shirt and she pulled him upright. His cheeks were bright red as he stared at her with wide eyes. She rubbed her lip absently with her index finger and said, “I think you’re somehow even lower on prana than you were last night.”

“I’m not in any danger,” Archer said with a frown and a shake of his head.

She placed her hands on her hips and retorted, “Yes you are. Maybe not physically, but without prana in your system you are . . .” Rider reached out for him with lightning speed and pulled him close. His hands gripped her shoulders and tried to push her away, but she was far, far stronger than him.

She leaned forward, her hair brushing his body as his heart raced loud enough for her to hear it. Arousal was slightly tinting his normal forge smoke, steel and leather scent as she brushed her teeth against his ears. “Helpless to the rest of the former Servants as you are right now,” she whispered before letting him go.

Archer stumbled back, his chest rising and falling as he stared at her. He shook his head and started to walk away from the bike, heading away from her apartment building as well. She reached out and grabbed his arm and he said, “Let me go,
    Medusa.”

“So, you know who I am?” she asked.

Archer replied, “It’s only fair right? You know who I am.”

“When have you ever played by fairness?” Rider asked as she kept a hold of his arm.

He swallowed and looked at her. He said, “I don’t want to. I know what you’re going to suggest but . . .”

“Did it ever occur to you that maybe that we would want to?” Rider asked with a smile, “Sakura is already fond of you, and I like you as well.”

“I . . .” he nervously stammered, blushed and looked away and Rider chuckled at the sight of the normally sardonic Archer flustered like this.

She asked, “Would you rather be with Sakura and myself or get violated by Gilgamesh?”

His grey eyes widened at that and Rider took that moment to lead him inside. She knew her plan was underhanded, but knew him well enough that if he did sleep with Sakura he wouldn’t leave her. He was already protecting and caring for Sakura than he’d openly admitted, it was just a matter of bringing them together, which Rider would do.

With force if necessary.

At least on Archer’s part.

“Would you rather be with Sakura and myself or get violated by Gilgamesh?”

Rider was smirking ever so slightly at Archer, her queer lilac eyes alight with emotions he couldn’t register. Before he could open his mouth and reply, if he had a voice, she took him by the arm and led him in the apartment building. A loud, pounding sound raced through his ears that matched the throbbing in his throat as they walked down the darkened hallway together.

He couldn’t do this.

Sakura had already been through enough hell.

I have to lose her.

I can’t do this.

Sakura deserves better.

She’s younger than Rin, forced worldliness aside.

For Christ’s sakes she’s a victim of rape and abuse.

Rider, what the
    fuck are you thinking?

I’m already broken. I shouldn’t be here.

Why am I not running?

Archer’s mind was rapid firing thoughts at him as Rider finally stopped at her door. She reached into her jacket’s pocket and pulled out a set of keys. In the hallway’s dim light the bright steel gently gleamed as a key was stuck into the lock and nimbly twisted. A loud, metallic click signaled the door’s unlocking before a pale hand twisted the knob. The door quietly creaked open and golden light spilled from the apartment.

It was large and had gleaming hard wood floors adorned with deep violet and wine colored rugs. The furniture he could see was black, there was no TV but a massive book case filled with the most books he’d seen in a private collection that wasn’t a Tohsaka’s. Chilled air whipped out and caressed flushed skin from an impressive air conditioning system that made Archer nearly sigh. A light, gingery scent wafted from the kitchen to fill the nostrils. Despite the myriad of aches and pains, his stomach growled.

“Rider?” Sakura’s soft voice called out as the purple haired girl emerged from the kitchen. A long, gauzy deep blue skirt swayed around supple legs and a charcoal grey short sleeved shirt were at odds with the soft pinks, earth tones and white Archer was use to associating with the girl. Misty violet eyes widened as she saw them standing at the door and she rushed over to them.

“What happened?” she asked as she peered up at the swollen mess of his throat.

Rider answered, “Gilgamesh tried to take ownership of him.”

“He got lucky,” Archer said before a burning spike of pain made him cough. He shook his head before coughing again.

Long, lavender hair swayed ever so slightly as Rider shook her head and said, “No, he was careless.”

“Somehow I’m not surprised,” Sakura grumbled with a scowl and a shake of her head.

Rider nodded and her smile displayed slightly elongated canines. Archer looked between the two women before his eyes darted towards the closed door. “I’m glad you followed him Rider,” Sakura said as she came even closer, her eyes sharp and narrowed.

“He was too low on prana to properly defend himself,” Rider said with a sigh.

Then Sakura froze, her eyes widening as she became absolutely still. Archer glared at the Gorgon and said, “Sakura, I could have gotten away.”

“Liar,” Rider all but sang out, clasping her hands behind her back.

Archer glared at her again as Sakura said in a soft voice, “I . . . I can replenish it.” A faint flush like her name sake crossed her fair features as she continued to look up at her. Her eyelashes lowered over her eyes while flicking a small pink tongue over parted lips. Each rise and fall of breath brought Archer’s attention to the ample breasts covered in grey cotton.

Rider was behind him, a scorching presence as her supple arms wrapped around him. Silken hair seemingly caressed every inch of him as those sharp teeth found his ear. The small spike shot through him, sending his breath out in a rush as Sakura walked forward. He swallowed and managed to find his voice. “S-sakura . . . you don’t have to do this.”

“Maybe I want to do this,” she said in a low voice before rising up on her tip toes all the while Rider was nibbling his ears. He shivered at the soft, scorching feminine forms completely surrounding him. Knees went weak and heat rushed through him as every centimeter of him became aware of both women. Need rushed up to the surface leaving its owner weak, quivering and aching.

Rider’s low voice whispered, “Maybe I want to do this as well.”

“And maybe you need to do this,” Sakura said as her eyes met his and her hand cupped the aching ridge currently making itself every apparent even through heavy denim.

Fire shot through his body as he felt his toes curl in his boots and his breath came out in a ragged drawl. It had been far too long since he had felt the touch of another in this way. Centuries. Millennia even. Time had little meaning for a Counter Guardian who could be summoned at any point in the time stream. He had spoken to Emiya Shirou about mortal desires reawakened when he became as Servant, and of course it had slipped over the naive boy’s head.

It was torture to go from an unfeeling Hell of death and misery as sheer knowledge of past deeds to some semblance of flesh and blood. That had its own wants and needs hardwired from within. Even though as a Servant, technically, the needs for things such as food, shelter, and sex were not truly needed, but the desire still raged to the forefront. Taking matters into one’s own hands only did so much, and the need for companionship seemed to be even stronger than mere release.

Archer shook his head at Sakura’s words as he attempted to step back, pushing himself even more to Rider. His head was spinning as nimble fingers continued to stroke sheer need through heavy fabric. Sweetly sharp teeth continued to nibble at sensitive flesh as one long hand pulled up simple cotton to run nimble fingers over scars and heavy muscle. A moan left his mouth as he was helpless between them.

“ . . . I shouldn’t be here,” he groaned as he felt small hands unbutton his jeans.

A low voice whispered, “Why not?” The sweet timbre of it made Archer shiver as nails bit into his chest right around the scar Lancer had marked him with ages ago.

“It’s wrong,” Archer answered as his vision focused at Sakura going down to her knees with a practice that cut through the fire within him like a ice. Large, callused hands gently gripped smaller ones as misty amethyst eyes looked up.

The wicked hand dipped lower as Rider whispered, “We don’t think it’s wrong.”

Sakura nodded and lowered her eyes as she was between kneeling and standing
    upright from when Archer had stopped her. “Y-you need the prana and I . . .”

“It wouldn’t be right,” Archer said as he stepped forward, shaking his shoulders to break from Rider’s velvet steel grip. He moved his hands from Sakura’s forearms before gently lifting her to her feet. Her actions had far too much practice to them, as if she was running on autopilot because that was what she had been taught.

From the corner of his eye he could see Rider step back, a thoughtful cant to her head as she watched them with her alien eyes. Sakura bit her lip and clinched her fists. She asked, “Why wouldn’t it be right?”

“I’d be no better than Zouken or Shinji if we continued,” Archer said, his own voice rough to him. Teeth grit, the jeans’ fly and button were fastened without care to what was underneath. Archer hissed at the painful throbbing that only sent more fire spiraling within him. He was throbbing, his heart was racing and his skin was tingling with awareness. Sakura’s skin beneath his fingertips was like silk, and then there was Rider.

Sakura frowned and said, “But I want you, Archer.”

“You’re confused,” Archer said as he took a step back, all but wincing at the discomfort of full arousal with no release. He then swiftly moved away, heading for the door. He had to get out of there because he knew if one of them touched him again he’d be lost. Rider had her arms folded under her breasts as she watched him leave, and there was the faintest smile on her face.

His eyes narrowed as he opened the door before stepping through it.

Was that damned gorgon testing me?
    Last edited by Elf; April 22nd, 2011 at 06:05 PM.

Blog Entries
    Sakura watched wide eyed as Archer fled as if he couldn’t get out of there fast enough. She bit her lip as her hands shook before looking at Rider. She felt tears burning their way to the surface and placed her hand over her mouth before they escaped. Slim shoulders quaked as the girl lowered herself to the floor, one hand over her mouth to stifle any sobs that would escape.

Rider was at her side in an instant, hands going for her shoulders. Sakura jerked away and screamed, “Don’t you touch me! It’s all your fault!”

“Sakura,” Rider said with a shake of her head.

Sakura stood up and said, “You said, you said he wouldn’t be able to resist and but he’s running out the door.”

Because I’m filthy. Because I’m dirty. Because I’m used. Why would he want to hold me when he knows what was inside of me? I’d run away too . . .

Tears trailed down burning cheeks as Rider blinked at her as she rose to her feet as well. Rider said, “Apparently Archer is better than most men.”

“No! He doesn’t want used goods, and can you blame him?” Sakura all but screamed as she threw her hands at her sides, “I wouldn’t want to touch me either if I
    found out . . .”

Her eyes darted around the room before she headed for the door herself. She had no idea where she was heading, but that didn’t matter. No one wanted her, no one cared. Her father gave her to some stranger to be tortured and worse, Nee-san had abandoned her a long time ago, and Sempai found someone more deserving of him. The door slammed hard as Sakura ran out of the apartment, not even bothering to gather her shoes.

The cool floor felt wonderful against her heated feet as she ran down the steps. She threw open the door to the apartment building and stepped out into the night. The sky ahead was bathed in an orange haze and there were little stars to be seen. More and more tears poured down heated cheeks as bare feet moved across hard concrete. Each step lightly bit into vulnerable skin, but Sakura didn’t care. She just needed to get away from pitying eyes and sympathetic glances.

She didn’t need them to tell her that she was broken beyond repair. She already knew that. Shinji had made it very clear with every thrust and rough touch that brought unwanted pleasure that she was only good for one thing. Sakura could cook and clean until her fingers bled, but in the end no one would want her. She had caught Rider eyeing Mitsuzuri-taicho, and therefore she knew that soon her loyal Servant would abandon her as well.

So Sakura ran through the city streets as rocks and glass bit into her feet with each step. She ran until it felt her lungs were going to pop so she slowed down. Each breath was like a hammer being driven home as feet ached and burned and ankles ached under such exertion without support. She leaned against a wall before pressing her back against it. Hands briskly wiped tears away as a thundering heart finally started to slow. Despite each ache, Sakura took a deep breath as her head began to clear.

She had ran.

She didn’t submit and take what was happening, but she had gotten away from it.

Sakura smiled at the odd joy of it. She had finally been able to take control of her life, even if it was as simple as running. She took a deep slow breath before pushing herself from the wall.

I can run, I can take control but . . . where do I go now?

Toes curled in protest and she winched as she took another step. The pain was pushed back to the background as she took yet another step, then another. She knew staying on the streets at night was dangerous. She wondered if she could go to Fujimura-sensei’s. She knew that Fujimura-sensei would take her in without a word of protest and then fuss over her, but Sakura didn’t want that.

Large, dark hands took dishes from where she had put them only to place them somewhere else. Again and again he did this, steel eyes watching her.

“You’re . . . you’re toying with me,” Sakura said between gritted teeth, her tone of voice rising just a bit.

Archer nodded and answered, “Yet another good tactic.”

“Why are you using tactics on me?” Sakura all but cried out at him.

He answered, “Because it’s getting a reaction other than you cowering from me. It’s anger, but at least it’s something than fear, than nothingness.”

Blog Entries
    Sakura stopped as her eyes widened at the memory. She knew where she wanted to go, but he had made it clear that he didn’t want her. The ache that gripped her chest was intense, but in his own way Archer had helped her more than she could explain. Instead of quietly suffering at his rejection, she had done somethingabout it, and it felt good.

Sakura stared down at her hands as she closed her eyes. Potential welled up beneath the surface and thrummed within her. So much power was at her fingertips, and the ways to use it had been carved into her since childhood. She just never had thought of using it. She just couldn’t sit and do nothing now. Someone had saved her and gave her the means to make herself take notice and take care of herself.

“Hehe, what do we have here?”

She froze at the unfamiliar male voice behind her as a few more chuckles echoed behind her. A slow turn revealed four young men dressed in scruffy clothing with sharp smiles and hungry eyes. “Lost sweetheart?” the one who spoke said as he took a step closer to her. Sakura felt a wave of revulsion as they looked at her with very clear intentions. She took a glance behind her and started to take off again.

However they were bigger, stronger and faster.

Within moments the pack animals grabbed their quarry and drug her into the nearest alley to have their way with her. Sakura opened her mouth to scream but a leather gloved hand clamped over it. Rough hands began to pull at her clothing as ice slithered through her veins. “Well, well, look what we have here,” their leader said with a smile as he pressed her against a wall.

With a flick of his wrist sharp steel glittered into Sakura’s line of vision. “Now just relax and we won’t hurt you,” he said with a smirk as he began to drag the knife over Sakura’s shirt. The fabric gave away to the blade with a sickening tearing sound. Ice continued to pour through her veins as she stood very still.

“Because it’s getting a reaction other than you cowering from me. It’s anger, but at least it’s something than fear, than nothingness.”

Prana sparked through circuits not used nearly enough and were aching with atrophy. Magical memory carved into flesh and tissue made itself very aware, as did a lingering darkness. Matou Zouken had worked hard into making Sakura all but one of his bloodline. The tools were all there, and even though she had no practice using them her body knew.

Binding and Absorption.

These were the tools of the Matou family.

The knife continued to tear through the shirt to expose her simple white bra and her shameful breasts. “Holy shit, look at those tits,” one of the lesser predators said in an awed filled voice. One large clumsy hand reached for her.

Black laced with red wrapped around the unwanted hand, and in the clumsy eagerness of a first time the tendril grasped too hard and wetness sprayed from the bindings. A injured scream filled the alley as the punk cradled the severed stump where his hand had been as blood continued to jet out of it from the torn artery. Their eyes widened as they took a step back from Sakura.

“What the fuck?” the leader screamed as he moved faster than Sakura could react to. A hand wrapped itself around the slim column of the girl’s neck and began to press into it. Sakura choked as her vision swam as her air was being cut off from her. “You’re going to fucking pay for that, bitch!”

Sakura couldn’t scream as her windpipe was constricted even more, but she didn’t need to. More of the tendrils shot from her and wrapped around her attackers. The hand around her throat let go before it twitched to the ground. She flinched at the hot spray that splashed against her and cried out at all the crimson spurting everywhere. With a cry she cut off the prana and the tendrils vanished, leaving only shredded hunks of meat behind.

Tears spilling down her face as her heart hammered into her chest, Sakura ran again, but for another reason.

Archer couldn’t sleep.

His body ached and he was exhausted, but he couldn’t sleep. The cold shower really didn’t help when he got home, and he had gotten desperate enough to take matters into his own hands. Even after that, he was still on edge and cursing Rider and Sakura. He had done the right thing by leaving, but that didn’t make the utter devastation on Sakura’s face easy to take.

Like it or not, both women had gotten under his skin.

So he was working. He was barely aware of the finishing repairs he made to the bows from the school, but he realized that he had promised them back sooner than he realized. There weren’t any other really pressing repairs, but after the bows were taken care of he would find something else to work on. He would repeat the process over and over until he finally lost consciousness at his work bench.

As he worked his mind was running at full force. He had no idea to handle the situation and realized he needed help. However the only person he was truly comfortable talking to was Kotomine. The problem with talking to the priest would be the delight in Archer’s suffering and the lack of assistance he could give.

As he worked, there was a loud and frantic knock at his door.

Scowling, Archer got up and walked to the front door of his shop stopping dead at his tracks. A pale, blood stained face looked up at him as a shaking hand clutched a tank top that had been torn in half. Archer automatically opened the door and Sakura all but fell in.

She was covered in crimson splashes from head to toe and her whole body was shaking like a leaf. Bare feet were bloody and raw as violet eyes darted around before finally looking up at him. Without a word he gathered the shaking girl in his arms and all but ran up his steps to his apartment. Sakura clutched her ruined shirt in a vice like grip as he carried her to the kitchen.

“I’ll call Rin,” Archer said as he went to grab his phone.

Sakura lunged forward with a cry of, “Don’t!”

“You’re hurt,” he said as he started to remove her hand from his arm. His eyes widened at the smear of blood her touch had left upon him as she fiercely shook her head back and forth.

She said, “. . . The . . . blood . . . it’s . . . not mine.”

“What happened?” Archer asked as he looked down at her.

She bowed her head and said, “ . . . I was attacked . . . I . . . fought back. They’re . . . dead. Archer. I killed them, I didn’t mean to but I lost control and . . .”

Archer’s eyes widened as she started to cry. He gathered her up in his arms again and said, “Shush. We’ll deal with it later. Let’s get you cleaned up.”

Blog Entries
    Archer was very aware of the supple curves pressed against his body and in his arms as he carried Sakura to his bathroom. She was quivering like a leaf in the wind as her unfocused eyes simply looked down. White teeth worried their bottom lip ever so slowly as tears slowly fell from those unseeing eyes.

The door to the bathroom came open when Archer nudged it with his bare foot before he stepped into it. He set Sakura down and she looked up at him, one hand still clutching her ruined shirt closed. Eyes drifted over her, taking in every detail to assess the damage. Other than the remains of the tank top and her feet, she was physically fine if pretty much covered in blood.

He took a deep breath, closed his eyes, clinched his hands and slowly exhaled. Eyes now open, Archer slowly reached out to first untie the pink ribbon barely holding violet hair back. He winched at the blood stains marring the ribbon and wondered if he could get them out of the satin. The ribbon had been Rin’s parting gift to her little sister before she had been sent to Hell, and Sakura had never been seen without it. Archer didn’t want to think about what that would do to Sakura to lose the ribbon as he curled it on the sink.

He expected Sakura to flinch as he reached for her hands so he could peel the bloody fabric from her, but she was compliant. “I’m sorry for running here,” she said in a whisper soft voice as he threw the bloodied cloth into the waist bin.

“Where’s Rider?” His voice sounded like a growl even to him and Sakura blinked back, taking a step away from him. Her hands flew to her chest, either in shock or modesty Archer wasn’t sure.

She blinked and answered, “She’s . . . she’s at the apartment.”

“What happened?” Archer asked as he swallowed and sat Sakura down on the rim of his bathtub. A flush spread across pale, blood stained cheeks as he knelt before her and lifted her right foot. He grimaced at the scrapes and cuts littering the bottom of her foot. A feather light touch ran over it inquisitively before Sakura jerked with a tiny yelp when a thumb caught on something stuck in the meat of the foot. He didn’t need to reinforce his eyes to see the tiny shards of glass and rock sticking in her foot.

He grabbed the rather well stocked first aid kit from under the sink and opened it up. A bottle of alcohol was opened and splashed over hands before they slid into a pair of blue nitrate gloves, Archer had seen too many people go into anaphylaxis due to latex in his turns on the battle field. He then picked up a pair of tweezers and doused them with alcohol too. The blue gloved hand lifted up the injured foot and Archer looked up at Sakura who was now gripping the sides of the tub.

“Don’t ever go running without your shoes on again,” he said as he angled her foot. Steel tweezers bit into a bit of rock before a nimble flick of the wrist sent it flying out of broken skin.

Sakura, to her credit, didn’t wince or cry out at the treatment. She said, “I . . . wasn’t thinking.”

This is my fault, Archer realized. If he had stayed and gone on with what they had planned, Sakura wouldn’t have run off into the night. Instead when he had thought he had been doing the right thing by leaving he had done the opposite. He gritted his teeth before he said, “I’m sorry.”

“I . . . understand Archer. I wouldn’t want me either,” Sakura said in a soft rush as she looked away from him, “N-not after what Grandfather had done. Shinji always told me I was dirty and who’d want someone after they’d been hollowed out by those things right? I’m disgusting and I’ll never be clean and Sempai’s right to be with Saber. She’s pure, like he deserves and . . .”

The tweezers’ grip on a shard of glass jerked before it was pulled out. Her words were cutting him right to the quick. If I had stayed . . . Goddamn it I’m an idiot, he thought before he carefully pulled out the last bit of debris from the foot he had been working on. He gently let it go and looked up at her.

“Sakura, I’m sorry,” Archer whispered before taking up the other foot.

She shook her head as a bitter laugh bubbled forth from her lips. “No, it’s good. At least you’re the only one who’s honest. And you were right, it feels good to get angry . . . I finally did something on my own and . . . I felt free. But . . . I didn’t mean to kill them. I got scared but I didn’t want to be hurt again, and there wasn’t anyone to save me . . . but Grandfather had engraved the answer to save myself into me rather deeply . . .”

“You used magecraft to defend yourself,” Archer said and Sakura nodded.

That’s going to be problematic if someone finds out. She was right to stop me from calling Rin. Even though she’s abandoning the path of a true magus, she would be pressured to stop unauthorized magic use. However, we’ll deal with that when it happens. Sakura needs help now.

Sakura shivered and said, “I . . . didn’t know people had so much blood in them, Archer.”

“It’s because the liquid is spread out that it looks like more than it actually is,” Archer said with a shrug, “There’s not as much blood as you’d think in a human body.”

Wide, purple eyes stared up at him before laughter bubbled up awkwardly from her lips. She shook her head and he said, “I’m more familiar than I’d like to be with Death.”

“I know,” Sakura said, “And I know I shouldn’t have ran here.”

If he hadn’t been digging fragments of pavement and glass from her foot, he would have stroked her hair. Instead he said, “I’m glad you did.”

“You are?” she blurted in a rush.

He nodded and said, “Yeah, I am.” Once the last shard was out of her foot, he cleaned off the tweezers and stood up. He felt heat fill his own cheeks as he asked, “Do you need help cleaning off?”

“I’m use to it,” Sakura said with a weak smile, “But thank you for asking.”

Blog Entries
    Archer stood up and said, “I’ll get you something to wear and I can finish with your feet after they’re clean.” He inspected her one last time, checking for anything he missed on the first time. Again, she was shook up, but otherwise unharmed. Blue gloves were easily pulled off before thrown into the wastebasket as well.

She looked up at him and said, “T-thank you, Archer.”

He looked at her vulnerable, blood stained form perched as it was as her words still ran through his head. “Sakura, I left not because I didn’t want you, but because I didn’t want to hurt you,” he said as he met her eyes before quickly leaving the room.

Once again Sakura was washing away filth and didn’t feel as if she couldn’t get clean. The simple soap and sponge had been used until pale skin had been rubbed red, but it seemed as if the crimson splashes couldn’t be washed away. The scene played over and over again: the sharp metallic tang of fear, the sudden urge and the knowledge to snuff life with ease.

A wrinkled hand was lifted and inspected as it shook under the rapidly cooling water. Sakura clinched her fist and brought it back to her, resting it over her heart that wouldn’t slow down. Yet despite all of that she felt safe in this small haven and knew that as long as she was here Archer wouldn’t let anyone even see her unless she allowed it. She bit her lip as she turned in the spray to rinse the last layer of suds off.

He’s glad I came here, she thought wildly, the thought almost enough to chase the shadows in her mind away. In some ways he was like some lighthouse that offered safety and sanctuary, ever close but so far away as she was adrift. Yet Archer had taken her in, carried her up here, tended to her feet and let her invade his home again. He said things she needed to hear even if she didn’t want to hear them, but seemingly respected her enough to do so.

There was as soft click and footsteps as a cold rush of air filled the room. Sakura yelped and spun around to see Archer’s large silhouette through the shower curtain as he laid out a couple of towels and what looked like to be a change of clothing for her. “I brought you some clothing. It’ll be big, but I’ve got what was left of your clothes in the washer,” he said in that low, rough voice.

Sakura nodded and said, “Thank you.”

“Sakura, you’ll freeze if you stay in there too much longer. The old water heater here needs a few more parts that haven’t come in. I don’t want you catching cold,” Archer said.

Heat filled her cheeks and she said, “I’m . . .” That’s right. He doesn’t want me to apologize . . .

“I can still feel their blood on me,” she whispered.

Archer replied, “I know.”

She jerked up to look at him through the curtain and she saw his silhouette shrug. “It feels heavy and sticky, and that you’re stained too. Yet you’re surprised it was so easy to do it,” Archer said in a soft voice.

Sakura nodded and replied, “Yes . . . I . . . didn’t want that to happen again.”

“Good,” Archer said and Sakura jerked.

She replied, “But I killed them!”

“Well, that’s not necessarily good, but you realized that you didn’t have to put up with that. You fought back,” Archer said, “And I’m glad you did.”

She blinked and said, “But . . . Archer . . .”

“Yes, you killed them. I wouldn’t have wanted you to do that, but if I would have happened along a gang of punks about to gang rape a young girl I would have killed them too,” Archer said with a shrug, “I may hate killing, but I can when it’s necessary.”

She bit her lip and lowered her head against the spray. It felt like icy needles were pelting vulnerable skin now, but it didn’t matter. Then suddenly the spray stopped and the pipes choked. Sakura shivered as the remains of the steam were chased away as the curtain was opened, but a large towel was wrapped around her. She looked up to see Archer with his eyes closed as he still tended to her.

“I’ve got your ribbon soaking to get the blood out of it,” he said in a low whisper against the crown of her head.

Sakura felt her eyes well up again before the heated tears spilled down her cheeks. “T-thank you,” she whispered. It was ridiculous, but that ribbon meant so much to her. The pink length of satin had been a sign of hope for so many years that she was still loved somewhere, even just as a memory. She bowed her head as she quietly cried before a warm hand gently tilted her chin up.

Archer offered her a lopsided smile and said, “We both have a lot to get through, Sakura. Let’s make a deal.”

She tilted her head and frowned.

“I’ll help you out, if you’ll help me out,” Archer said as he continued to smile warmly at her.

The warmth of that smile filled her from the bottom of her hurt feet to the top of her head and made her fingertips tingle. She found that she could smile in return and said, “I accept, just . . . I don’t know how I can help you, Archer . . .”

“I think just being around someone is doing a lot,” he said.

She blushed and said, “Well, you’re helping me so much . . .”

“Get dried off and dressed. I’ll yell at Rider over the phone and then make us some tea,” Archer said as he stepped away from her.

She nodded and said, “Right . . . Would you mind if I made something for us? I know it’s late but I didn’t get to finish cooking what I made for Rider and myself.”

“If I can help. It’s all too rare for me to show off my skills in the kitchen anymore,” Archer said as he took a step back form her.

She nodded as his large frame retreated from the washroom, the lighthouse finally giving her sanctuary.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Woo, three pages of awesome fic. It looked a bit lonely, so I thougt I'd add a comment....

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Well, two's company.

Glad to see that S&CB has been revived and is looking quite comfortable in its new home.

Blog Entries
    Thanks guys. XD

What's going to be killer is the post limit.

Next part should be up soon! I got a HUGE chunk done on Sunday.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yay! Nice to see I wasn't the only productive one.

We await for this new chapter with great anticipation...

Blog Entries
    Makes me wonder when the post limit will be updated.

Great work, Elf.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    What's going to be killer is the post limit.
    Do you mean the post length limit?

If so, it's been changed now (I don't think they wanted me posting triple/quadruple posts in the middle of arguments )

Next part should be up soon! I got a HUGE chunk done on Sunday.
    Ah, good, that's nice to hear.

Blog Entries
    Rider was sitting in the small office Archer used for paperwork when she heard footsteps approaching. The memories of the last hour were constantly playing in her head. She hadn’t seen what had happen exactly, just Sakura finishing mangling her attackers with the magic that monster had pushed inside of her.

She was scared. They were attacking her. She defended herself, Rider firmly told herself. However memories of screams, scales and blood were still fresh after so many years. It was something that she wasn’t going to have Sakura subject herself to, but she had no idea how to protect her or even help her.

The one who seemed to be doing the best was currently upstairs, caring for her again.

She stood up as the man in question approached and asked, “How is Sakura?”

“Shaken up. She doesn’t know you’re here,” Archer said as he folded his arms across his large chest.

In her youth a man like him would have made her wary to protect her sisters. He was large, battle worn, and had a dangerous streak in him. Men like that in Rider’s time were generally trouble to her family and eager to get their wandering hands on her elder sisters or herself. However Archer had proven himself different than his appearance time and time again, surprising Rider time and time again until she was placing him in a category that only Sakura currently resided in.

It was vexing, but if this man needed it she would do anything to protect him.

And Sakura needs him, Rider firmly reminded herself as she nodded quietly at his words. If what she had started tonight had continued she would have marked Archer as just another man, perhaps enjoyed herself, and consider it payment for his services rendered. However he had done the unexpected and turned both of them down on some moral integrity.

He had no lover, no one to play at being faithful to. She had tasted the frustration in his blood at his lonely situation. He had reacted to their touches, and in Rider’s experience that was all the excuse a man needed. Once aroused they would do anything to sate their lusts no matter who they harmed in the process. Archer risking his life wouldn’t have been that impressive if things had continued between the three of them.

But he didn’t. You are truly a fascinating and vexing man, Emiya Shirou, Rider thought as she gathered her words. She said, “That maybe for the best right now.”

“Yeah considering she didn’t leave on the best of terms, but part of that was my goddamn fault too,” Archer said with a sigh as he sat down at the hard chair behind his desk. A dark hand still covered with bandages ran through spiky white hair before resting upon the facetiously neat desk.

Rider sat back down and reached for that bandaged hand. His skin was shockingly hot against hers, and considering the air conditioning in this place kept it near frigid levels the heat was not unwelcome. She said, “I thought you did, however . . . I didn’t consider Sakura’s reaction like that.”

“She thinks that no one wants her because of that. Because all the shit Shinji and Zouken probably stuffed in her head while doing only God knows what to her,” Archer said, his voice deepening as his mouth curved into a slight snarl.

Rider sighed and said, “You thought you’d be taking advantage of her.”

“Good of you to finally get that Rider,” Archer said with a sharp smile and narrowed eyes.

She raised her eyebrow and pushed her glasses more firmly on her nose with her middle finger as she continued to watch him. “Most men I would have known would have just given in and enjoyed their time with us,” Rider replied.

Archer laughed, a harsh, bitter sound and said, “You know how goddamn tempted I was to just say the hell with it and do something so utterly selfish for once?”

“Considering how hard you were through your jeans and the way you smelled, yes,” Rider said as her lips curved up at the memory. Crimson raced against Archer’s cheeks as he stared at her, which easily caused laughter to bubble forth from her lips. She shook her head as she muffled her enjoyment with her hand so Sakura wouldn’t discover her presence.

She shook her head, still smiling, and said, “You should see your face, Archer. The more time I spend with you, the more I can see the boy you were peaking out.”

“I’m not worldly,” Archer said as he picked up a pen and lightly tapped it on his desk.

She eyed him and said, “Well, you’re not a virgin.”

“I was only with one person, ever, and we were both virgins when we got together,” Archer said as he looked away, his grey eyes distant and illusive as smoke.

Rider gritted her teeth as she said, “Poseidon smelled like sea water, he tasted like brine, and I thought I was going to drown in him. He was also cold and each movement hurt.”

There was a tiny clang as the pin dropped. Grey eyes were watching expectantly as memories came forth. Rider shrugged and said, “I eventually became a monster because of it.”

“I’m . . . sorry,” Archer said in a soft voice.

She adjusted her glasses with a smile and said, “Yet if you start treating me as if I was made of glass the treatment I gave Gilgamesh would seem . . . pleasant compared to what I’d do to you.”

The color from Archer’s face completely drained and he cleared his throat. He said, “That’s why Sakura Summoned you. You were the most compatible Servant for her. “

“I wanted to save her from becoming a monster like I did,” Rider said with a shake of her head, “I wanted to protect her and see her happy. Yet you seem to be doing a better job with that than I am.”

Archer snorted and said, “And I don’t know what the hell I’m doing.”

“You have an inherent kindness that most do not,” Rider said in a soft voice with a smile, “A kindness the world would be better having than not.”

“Bullshit,” was the bitter reply, but Rider was use to that from him.

She leaned forward and brushed her lips against his cheek, causing him to still somewhat. “You’re warm,” she said with a smile, “But . . . thank you.”

“Did you see what happened?” Archer asked, the steel in his words as obvious as the steel she had tasted in his blood.

She sighed and said, “I saw the aftermath of it. I thought she would have returned sooner, but when she hadn’t I started looking for her. If I would have been there in time . . .”

“Then Rin and Lancer would have came after you for killing men on her land, self defense or not,” Archer said.

Rider snorted and said, “Sakura’s negligent older sister and her proxy don’t scare me.”

“I’m not afraid of Lancer, but I’m terrified of Rin,” Archer said with a shake of his head and the faintest hint of a smile.

Tohsaka Rin, Rider thought with a shake of her head, I hope Lancer breaks your heart. Just that one slip of a girl had both Sakura and Archer in knots, and neither of them deserved that. She shook her head at the thought and Archer’s words.

She said, “I’m just glad she came here.”

“I’m going to try to help her,” Archer said with a shake of his head as he stood up.

Rider smiled and said, “Thank you.”

“I need her help as well,” Archer said in a soft voice.

Rider smiled at that and said, “Then I’ll be in touch. Let her know she always has a place to stay with me.”

“It would be better if she stayed with you,” Archer said with a shake of his head, “I don’t want people talking about her like that if they find out she’s living with a man my age.”

“You know, not too long ago your age difference wouldn’t have been uncommon,” Rider said, “And she is a lot more mature than you give her credit for.”

Archer stood up and said, “Well, I need to get back to her. It’s not good for her to be alone for too long, and she thinks I’m yelling at you on the phone.”

“Try to be more honest,” Rider said as she started to head for the door, “Deception is not good for recovery. I read that somewhere.”

There was a snort and Archer said, “Yeah, I know.”

“I could get some of Sakura’s things, if you’d like,” Rider said.

Archer sighed and said, “Tomorrow morning. Right now the both of us need rest.”

“Then I’ll see the both of you tomorrow, and I’ll apologize to Sakura,” Rider said as she started towards the door.

Saber had slept like the dead. Once Shirou had gotten home she merely collapsed on the futon even without dressing for bed. She awoke to Shirou advising that she have a long soak in the tub. Not at all adverse to the idea Saber had headed to the bath, but she had scrubbed until her skin had become red and raw.

Last night still haunted her.

As a king she had been prepared to see and deal with horrors, but what had taken place had even crept under her skin. Plump, writhing worms with an obscene appearance had been removed from the writhing girl as the false priest rooted his hand through her body. Sakura had thrashed so hard at one point that both Rider and Archer had to hold her down.

Then Kotomine had taken great pleasure to notify everyone that a soul other than Sakura’s had been housed in her body. Saber was not foolish enough to deny how those worms had gotten into Sakura’s body. The thought of their shape and the obvious entrance that every woman had was enough to make the knight’s stomach turn. How long had she suffered? With as many as Kotomine managed to pull from her . . .

Saber curled her legs to her chest in the tub and rested her head on her knees. Blond hair obscured her vision as steam continued to drift around the room. Yet, despite the humidity and heat chills and nausea still warred within Saber. Shirou, bless him, had not pressed to find about the horrors that Saber had witnessed that night.

She reasoned he had enough on his mind, and knowing him he was borrowing guilt because he had not known about his friend’s plight. Even more disturbing was that Sakura had not asked for help. She had suffered in silence for years until Rider of all people asked Archer for help. Saber’s pride smarted that Rider had chosen the red knight over herself, but she new why the Gorgon had.

Archer had been the weakest Servant, but in a fight he could defeat them all. It was not about power, but skill and cunning. The man was observant and could plan rather well, nor was he afraid to gamble. Archer was luckless, but through hard work, perseverance, and cleverness he persevered. She understood his betrayal of Rin and his desire to kill Saber’s lover more than she would admit to anyone save him.

As he had pointed out, they were kindred spirits just with different goals and origins.

Saber was learning how to live for herself, and she knew Archer was struggling with the task himself. In this new life she had found out that if the kingship had been changed her people would have lost no matter what. If anything, she had created a legacy to inspire others after her “death”. She had done all she could as a king, and no one could ask for anything more of her. It was just her that was asking it of herself.

Shirou had shown her that she had needs and wants of her own, and that she could accept them. With him at her side she was happy. Happy in a way she had never known, and not just because Shirou was an excellent cook. However the happiness she had been given was not going to go unprotected. Saber might not bare the moniker “King” any more, but she still had her “subjects” she would protect and ensure their happiness no matter what. Shirou was obviously the most important, then Rin, Sakura, Taiga, Issei, and Ilya; those six only need to ask and she would do all in her power for them.

She would die for them if they asked it of her.

However Sakura’s silent suffering had been too much to bare. She had told the girl time and time again that if she needed help all she need was ask. Yet Sakura kept silent. Saber could not fathom why Sakura continued to allow herself to be tortured in such a fashion when with a word she would have had Saber’s sword at her command.

Yet when she had Shirou had demanded answers Sakura had fallen silent. Archer and Rider kept the girl’s council and were not being forthcoming either. Rider had outright refused to give any information, but Archer had given enough to gain their aid.

The image of Sakura’s crying face and her trembling, hand so stark against Archer’s skin as he held her hand was burned into Saber’s mind. He had been gentle to the girl, in a way that reminded her of the intimacy Saber had seen him share with Rin or how she had seen him with Ilya. That alone was an interesting situation that was confusing and worrisome at the same time.

Saber would have never thought that Archer would have left Rin in the position that he had. True, it could be argued that she should have saved her Master at that point instead of watching the fight. However Lancer had been there, and she needed to see the fight for her own sanity. Even under Rin’s Command and prana, she was still Shirou’s and Shirou’s alone, and Rin had known that.

The door to the bathroom opened and she heard Shirou’s footsteps enter the room. He knelt beside the tub and rested some towels down for her to reach. She looked at them and said, “Thank you.”

“What happened last night?” Shirou asked in a soft voice.

Saber hugged her legs to her chest and said, “ . . . I do not know how to speak of it.”

“Then don’t,” he said as he leaned forward and kissed her forehead, “But . . . I . . . I didn’t know what was happening. It was right in front of my goddamned face and . . . Some superhero I’ve turned out to be, right?”

Saber looked at him and took his hands. She said, “We cannot correct our mistakes, but we can ensure Sakura’s happiness now.”

“I don’t think she wants to talk to us,” Shirou said with a sigh.

Saber met his golden-brown eyes and said, “I believe she is afraid. We just need to show her there is nothing to fear.”

He nodded and rested his head against the edge of the tub. He said, “I’m going to have a long talk with Shinji.”

“Oh?” Saber asked, tilting her head. In all rights, the world and her subjects would be better off if he was dead.

Shirou nodded and said, “Sakura might not tell us what happened, but I can make Shinji talk.”

“Then, I believe you need my assistance,” Saber said with a smile.

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    I believe Shinji's going to get a new set of assess all over his body. :| Also, I do believe that Saber would not want to have sex for a while. Shirou should understand.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyne View Post
    I believe Shinji's going to get a new set of assess all over his body. :|
    Yeah, I think he's in a bit of trouble here....

Also, I do believe that Saber would not want to have sex for a while.
    Quite possibly, yeah....

Shirou should understand.
    Shirou doesn't even know what happened to Sakura. She didn't want him to see. Even Saber was only there because she was needed for Avalon to work.

But, anyway, this is another excellent chapter, and it's interesting to see how Saber has been affected by all of this. It does make sense that she would be appalled at seeing how Sakura has been treated, and she would of course not understand why she had simply not asked Shirou for help. Also, I liked the bit with Rider teasing Archer, and telling him how much respect she has for what he did (even if it ultimately did more harm than good).

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    Shirou doesn't even know what happened to Sakura. She didn't want him to see. Even Saber was only there because she was needed for Avalon to work.
    No, no. I mean that after seeing her reactions, he would understand that Saber saw something horrid, and wouldn't want to push her in that direction.
    But, anyway, this is another excellent chapter, and it's interesting to see how Saber has been affected by all of this.
    They are friends after all, and Saber's a woman, too. She also has emotions and feelings. Of course she'd be shaken the least.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyne View Post
    No, no. I mean that after seeing her reactions, he would understand that Saber saw something horrid, and wouldn't want to push her in that direction.
    He'd know she saw something pretty horrible, yes, but not that it had any sexual connotations to it, so there's no reason he'd expect her to suddenly go off sex.

They are friends after all, and Saber's a woman, too. She also has emotions and feelings. Of course she'd be shaken the least.
    Well, of course. Seeing a friend suffering like that and knowing that they'd suffered for God-knows how long prior to you finding out would be absolute hell.

Blog Entries
    Altima and I were talking about this last night.

"Archer, I ran into Nii-san while shopping today."

Then cue Archer's concern and Sakura shaking her head. "Sempai and Saber-san had just left him and when I got to him . . . he was dripping with . . ." Her nose would scrunch up. "Urine."

Archer then starts laughing.

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I approve.
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.