Page 165 of 277 FirstFirst ... 65115155160163164165166167170175215265 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,300 of 5528

Thread: RP Discussion and Ideas thread

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    My friend just failed 5 rolls in a row. Every failure makes the situation another tier of disaster. This is like 3.6% odds to fail that many times.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I think someone failed like 7 in a row against a Giant in Pathfinder in our party.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    did he get splattered into a red pancake

because my friend is about to

i kind of want to see how long this streak can go tho

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    Fail in Christemo's post means miss, though one of them was a botch and led to the person being covered head to toe in lantern oil.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    dumb people always have shit opinions about eva, its like some kind of more reliable iq test
    [20:47:33] I3uster: in 2015 a crack memer was sent to skype prison by a court of his Peers for a crime he didnt commit. he promptly escaped from his Maximum security Forum into the twitter Underground. Today, still wanted by the skype Group he survives as memer of fortune. If you Need a shitpost, if nobody else can fuck up a thread, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire: June.

20.06.2014 Never forget

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Oh yeah, in this system the fails and successes are treated differently than Pathfinder/D&D. In D&D it's just a straight hit/miss, in this it escalates the situation. So the tension constantly ramps up until it concludes one way or the other. In these cases, he basically had to roll above a 10 to succeed each time.

He was a cleric strolling along alone in an underworld sewer type place, when a stalk ending in a bulbous red eye arose from the muck and followed him. He tries to dodge out of the way when tentacles inevitably arise from the sludge and lunge at him. Fails roll.

Gets snagged up, hanging from his ankles. The tentacle begins to constrict around him, he tries to fight it off. Fails roll.

It wraps around him and starts squeezing him like a boa constrictor; his arm is about to snap. He tries to cast some sort of blinding light spell to try and startle it. Fails roll.

His staff, which was lighting the way for him so far, snaps under the pressure, along with his arm. He gets dunked into the sewage, as darkness falls over the area. This time he uses a cantrip to cause the monster /itself/ to glow, which dimly shows its location in the dirty water, at least. Then the beast draws him towards its mouth, gnashing teeth all over his armor, which saves him from getting instantly skewered. He stabs into the thing's mouth with his machete. Fails roll.

The machete gets ripped out of his hands by the gnashing teeth and disappears into the sludge. He fumbles around and manages to grab the handaxe from his belt, chops at the tentacles to make them release him. Fails roll.

In response, the tentacles squeeze, hard, and most of the air is forced out of his lungs. Now he has to check to see if he can continue holding his breath underwater before doing anything else... Fails roll.

And here we are.
    Last edited by mAc Chaos; January 21st, 2015 at 04:10 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Thedoctor's Avatar
    How is the guy still alive????

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    well at this rate hes pretty much dead now

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    literally a disaster

shouldnt have split the party

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    it was more like everybody going one way, then the cleric decided to randomly go off by himself

he then realized the irony of carrying the most weapons while having the worst fighting stats

also, how many sessions have you guys typically gone in these games before the first PC death of the game. i think it didnt happen for me until about 7 sessions in, not sure if thats early or late for a campaign

Blog Entries
    For me I recall having had PC deaths in session 1, but it seems I've gone soft since there has been none yet in our current PF game and that's on double digit numbers now. Though one character came very close and if I may say later on I found out he probably should have died due to an effect I didn't know about before, but by that point it was already established that he did in fact survive and I decided to let it slide.
    dumb people always have shit opinions about eva, its like some kind of more reliable iq test
    [20:47:33] I3uster: in 2015 a crack memer was sent to skype prison by a court of his Peers for a crime he didnt commit. he promptly escaped from his Maximum security Forum into the twitter Underground. Today, still wanted by the skype Group he survives as memer of fortune. If you Need a shitpost, if nobody else can fuck up a thread, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire: June.

20.06.2014 Never forget

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    I keep forgetting you run that Skype game. It's like some sort of mysterious secret cult meeting.

That happens to me a lot too; I'll be running a battle, then we call it a night. After reflecting on the session I realize that I forgot all about some powerful ability the creatures had (or some other rule minutiae) which would have made the encounter ten times harder. Thus are the perils of learning a new system.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    I keep forgetting you run that Skype game. It's like some sort of mysterious secret cult meeting.
    This just reminds me that there used to be a time where people unironically believed DnD players were satanists.

20.06.2014 Never forget

Blog Entries
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Thanks, I wondered what happened with that, I remember there was a KS live over a year back.

20.06.2014 Never forget

Blog Entries
    I'm always waiting for an opportunity to help spread the message of the evil of roleplaying games and warning people to be wary of all those cool and edgy D&D players.
    O piteous Wanderer.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilm View Post
    This just reminds me that there used to be a time where people unironically believed DnD players were satanists.
    > used to be a time

The first response I got when I brought up D&D with someone was "isn't that satanic."

Blog Entries
    Where do you live, the eighties?
    O piteous Wanderer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    > used to be a time

The first response I got when I brought up D&D with someone was "isn't that satanic."
    That's pretty funny, never happened to me, though I don't generally mention it outside my circle of nerd friends or online so that may be the reason.

20.06.2014 Never forget

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Yeah they'd never heard of it before outside of the peripheries of pop culture and back when there was an anti-D&D craze.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Where do you live, the eighties?
    lol, there were also people whose parents didn't let them play Diablo or MtG because it was satanic.

- - - Updated - - -

And by people I mean this same person.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Also on a related note, I think casual / beginners make some of the best RPers. Their minds are still fresh and unsoiled by rules mastery obsessions that turn the game into just an optimization exercise. They still have imagination.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless they can't shake the video game mindset. Then it's just a disaster.