Page 260 of 277 FirstFirst ... 160210250255258259260261262265270 ... LastLast
Results 5,181 to 5,200 of 5528

Thread: RP Discussion and Ideas thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    I can give you the example of a person that started out with a thread that devolved into alternating bitching and a pitifest that one would think would stigmatise him for other BL members - but he didn't quit, he took what people told them to heart, and quickly became a part of the community and friends with the same people that called him out on his behaviour.
    Big praise for christemo
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

let's not go that far

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Sunny, I agree with all of that. This whole experience has been frightening and overwhelming though. I feel a bit like I was in a really loud room and needed to keep track of all the conversations. That probably makes no sense. I'm also on a buggy phone and having difficulty keeping track of everything.

KT, I never meant to offend you. I know we don't always get along, but this was a mistake on my part and I do appreciate the constructive criticism.
    I had only meant to shift any blame that might have been perceived as directed at Zikari, or anyone else here, back onto myself because, well, as long as my problems are a result of my own broken mentality, that's where it rests. My thoughts are my thoughts, and my poisonous assumptions are just a product of me feeling like I'm not hated enough. Which is incidentally not something I consciously want. I actually can blame someone for that, and he would sooner kill a puppy than even look at this website. I'm actually watering that down.

And I'm only just now realizing that I've shittalked canaki. I don't even know where that would be, but I'm sure it's a result of my clumsiness. I've never meant to say anything untoward about them either.

I tried to say that every time I lost my temper like an idiot, the only person doing anything wrong was me. Doubly so, because aside from spazzing out, to begin with, I know that there was no intention to exclude me. Anything that I perceived to be done to me, was 100% a product of my own mind, and my self-hatred and insecurities getting the best of me to the point that I allowed myself to project them onto other people, which is ridiculously immature.

I will swear by my four favorites, but I know I was clearly doing something wrong with my sheets, and obviously need to make a change to my process if I actually want to be accepted to anything.

I appreciate the constructive feedback.

- - - Updated - - -

I also appreciate your encouragement Left.
    Last edited by Draconic; March 5th, 2018 at 08:05 PM.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    Also, you should stop accusing me of being an edge lord when I literally only play cute girls with generally kind personalities for the past two years.

im too lazy to go through hundreds of quotes of rosary being a bitch
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Blog Entries
    Rosary is over two years old, dumbass.

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    this only makes me realize how fucking old titan is

i miss titan
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I feel like Titan is sort of like Onigokko: it's a lumbering beast, but a resilient one. Didn't it stop for a while last year too?
    F/GO Supports

Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Not with that attitude.

All of RP is actually just zombies.

We keep watching it stumble slowly from one street to the next because we don't know when it will finally keel over, its body eroded by the elements.
    <Airen> I play hetero every once in awhile
    Spoiler:
    <~Katie> dude who gives a fuck about girls being gay, sometimes girls aren't gay and that decision should be respected

Spoiler:
    [12:21.40] that might be a top tier post[12:21.45] frantic[12:21.47] post of the month, even[12:21.48] this right here[12:21.49] is MC [12:21.56] johnny has nothing on this dude[12:22.00] he's the MC of the nisio half[12:22.12] so wait[12:22.15] [ ] is, after all, my rival character[12:22.16] am i the gag heroine[12:22.20] yes

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Never surrender.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Blog Entries
    Raaaaace

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    When it finally does die, I'll just ring up Kel-Thuzad. He owes me a favor.
    F/GO Supports

Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    Oh the RP section is still alive? With ye olde RPs? Amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yes it is Lycodrake. And if I can just get myself motivated again, I'm almost completely finished an RP where you specifically can actually play as your current avatar.
    F/GO Supports

Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    I can give you the example of a person that started out with a thread that devolved into alternating bitching and a pity fest that one would think would stigmatise him for other BL members - but he didn't quit, he took what people told him to heart, and quickly became a part of the community and friends with the same people that called him out on his behaviour.
    yes

i started out in a similar way

But in an RP context, I started with some really shit stuff, and was, much like you, overly concerned with people getting angry or irritated or blah blah blah. But I hung around, looked at what other people were doing, gritted my teeth when a new sheet that I'd worked on didn't get in (or sometimes was just like 'well, that's fair'), and kept going. I can't really give you a good estimate on when I started getting into things, I think I was a second round pick in Ga Rei the first time I played stuff, which, wow, filled me with confidence.

But you know what? That didn't really bother me, because I was able to play my character, and that gave me some more confidence, and pretty soon I felt like I had a decent chance whenever I applied. All I can really say to that though is that, while I like making the bones of my characters in the RP itself, I try to make them like KT's characters. People (or things, once) with some kind of conflict in their sheet. Something that lets them have bases of conflict to build off that aren't inherent to the GM's world but inherent to themselves. I think playing a purely evil character or good character would get kind of boring after a while.

But that's just my experience. The better I got at sheet-making the faster I could pull it off, but at the start it was rough, not only because I was young, way younger than you now, I think, but because I'd not had any experience with quality. And while Spinach is a dabbing clown, his sheets are pretty quality. Same goes for KT, Left, Kirby, Morm, Airen, Hero, etc.

So hanging around and seeing what they did and practicing on my own by making extra sheets was pretty useful, nearly as useful as listening to their advice, and taking it to heart. But the best part was getting on friendly terms with a group of people that I had assumed I'd alienated with my childish behavior before I realized it's the internet and no one really cares.

\o/

(so you can do it too, you just need to keep an eye on improving yourself; if you don't take any steps to change, change doesn't happen)
    [12:37] <I3uster> if playing overwatch would save my mother from the deathbed
    [12:37] <I3uster> id probably flip a coin
    [12:38] <I3uster> to see if i play or not

[18:23] <frantic> spinach is like a caffeine zombie

[18:23] <frantic> in AX he would like
    [18:23] <frantic> drink 8 shots of espresso
    [18:23] <frantic> then he'd turn to me an hour later
    [18:23] <frantic> 'frantic', he'd say, his eyes wild and his lips smug
    [18:23] <frantic> 'i need coffee'

So...Jojo RP.

Have there been any attempts here in the past, because I have a few ideas on how to organize one but experience would be nice.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    There haven't been any on here as far as I know but closest I can think of are the Persona RP's Verg ran back before my time. Other than that maybe Airen's XBlaze me and a few others are a part of at a shove which Airen set up as a spiritual successor from what I've heard. But chances are I might be wrong, I joined post Verg vanishment after all.

I suppose that the easiest to run (for the first few 'arcs') would be a Diamond is Unbreakable type of thing with a semi-modern day setting, hijinks bringing users together before unleashing a few set up villains and the main villain appearing at the end?

That said if there was one, I'd enter with my favourite creation Smash Mouth... Ok thing is I probably would.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    There was one a while back, Bloble would know more
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Express View Post
    So...Jojo RP.

Have there been any attempts here in the past, because I have a few ideas on how to organize one but experience would be nice.
    Anyway, if you decide to start doing something, well, I've got a thread designed to help you guys create it.
    F/GO Supports

Not with that attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    There haven't been any on here as far as I know but closest I can think of are the Persona RP's Verg ran back before my time. Other than that maybe Airen's XBlaze me and a few others are a part of at a shove which Airen set up as a spiritual successor from what I've heard. But chances are I might be wrong, I joined post Verg vanishment after all.

I suppose that the easiest to run (for the first few 'arcs') would be a Diamond is Unbreakable type of thing with a semi-modern day setting, hijinks bringing users together before unleashing a few set up villains and the main villain appearing at the end?

That said if there was one, I'd enter with my favourite creation Smash Mouth... Ok thing is I probably would.
    That's about the size of the scope I was looking at, basically. I've been thinking about how to run something like this with my mates off site but seeing RicePirate on YT's upcoming Jojo fan thing got the idea back into my head.
    I guess my main question is outside of an RP like /Reclamation where there are groups of people interacting PvP, it'd most likely be PvE. Giving everyone something to do is the main challenge, but I guess I'll just lurk some more RPs and see what I can glean.

I'd be disappointed if the entire roster wasn't composed of memes tbh

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3