Page 261 of 277 FirstFirst ... 161211251256259260261262263266271 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,220 of 5528

Thread: RP Discussion and Ideas thread

Danke

A technical doublepost so I can relay some settings and ideas for a potential Jojo RP I came up in a coffee-induced fever dream

[] Exploration of the Louisiana Purchase/Lewis and Clark but Jojo

[] Mid-1990s political drama surrounding Soviet occupied East Germany, probable references to Stroheim

[] The clan of Aztec vampires that possessed the mask in the 1600s continues to exist, sheltered by the impenetrable canopies of the Amazon. SPW travels the length of South America to exterminate them in 1999.
    Also maybe Santana isn't totally dead???

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    [X] Exploration of the Louisiana Purchase/Lewis and Clark but Jojo

Napoleon era so that's a lot of opportunities for me

[] Mid-1990s political drama surrounding Soviet occupied East Germany, probable references to Stroheim

Not a period of history I'm big on. Not that I dislike it but I prefer the others.

[X] The clan of Aztec vampires that possessed the mask in the 1600s continues to exist, sheltered by the impenetrable canopies of the Amazon. SPW travels the length of South America to exterminate them in 1999.

More vampires are always good, it would be a good 'transition' thing between parts 2 and 3 despite taking point at part 4

Regardless of what's picked I'd be down for any of them. I'd be going Maximum British because there are opportunities for 'unique' moments in every single one of them.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, IRUN and I ran a Jojo RP for a bit. It died because of lack of player posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    [X] Exploration of the Louisiana Purchase/Lewis and Clark but Jojo

Napoleon era so that's a lot of opportunities for me

Not a period of history I'm big on. Not that I dislike it but I prefer the others.

[X] The clan of Aztec vampires that possessed the mask in the 1600s continues to exist, sheltered by the impenetrable canopies of the Amazon. SPW travels the length of South America to exterminate them in 1999.

More vampires are always good, it would be a good 'transition' thing between parts 2 and 3 despite taking point at part 4

Regardless of what's picked I'd be down for any of them. I'd be going Maximum British because there are opportunities for 'unique' moments in every single one of them.
    I'll keep all this is mind! I also expect plenty Doctor Livingstone references.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    Yeah, IRUN and I ran a Jojo RP for a bit. It died because of lack of player posting.
    I wanted to do a bit more planning and research before I hit one of you two up, but hearing it died out is a little disappointing as I just started reading the IC thread.
    Dunno if it's a general lack of enthusiasm about Jojo here, but if you have any advice or whatever it'd be appreciated.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Wouldn't call it lack of enthusiasm; we had plenty of applicants. But of the six we accepted, at least two stopped posting. Were I a more experienced GM I'd have just gotten rid of their characters and called up replacements, but instead it ended up killing the RP.

If you run another one, I'm sure it'll do fine.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Why did they stop? Lack of enthusiasm?
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    If there's a JoJo RP somewhere, I want in!

Just posting a basic plotline of the Jojo RP I've been tinkering with for comments.

Total Eclipse of the Heart
    Joseph Joestar is an elderly man visiting his illegitimate son in Japan along with his grandson, Jotaro Kujo.
    Jeanne Pierre Polnareff is in the midst of his investigation into Passione. He discovers Requiem while recuperating in an Italian hospital.
    The famous manga Pink Dark Boy switches to a monthly installment schedule after a brief hiatus.
    DIO has only been dead for ten years.
    Robert E.O. Speedwagon has been dead for 47 years. The Speedwagon Foundation, the massive conglomerate that he built with the funds from his successful oil baron business, continues to operate. A SPW team had been dispatched to assist the Joestar family with the eradication of the serial killer, Kira. The team returns triumphantly with certain coveted “relics” important to the supernatural divisions of the Foundation, as well as the Joestar family as a whole.

This is the power of Stand, the spiritual ability shared by the Joestar bloodline and now harnessed by the SPW. Although the mystical Bow and Arrows were now tightly controlled under lock and key, seniors at SPW began to realize an uncomfortable truth. After the events that occurred in Morioh, it became painfully obvious that the Joestars were in fact not completely invincible.

And thus was born the Eccentric Research for the International Necessities of All Department, or ERINA, a specialized group that consists of internal SPW members as well as external “consultants” who have been selected based on their potential Stand compatibility.

You have been scouted by SPW and passed its many rigorous requirements (the first of which being, “is the applicant a living human being?”) to become a full-fledged member of the ERINA taskforce. But that’s not to say you have any particular experience with ERINA, or even SPW in general. Many “applicants” simply received a package in the mail and the promise of a pension, the only contractual factor being a line of fine print specifying the individual’s willingness to comply with company policy: which means being shot with the Arrow at an unspecified point in the future. Dangerous!

Thousands of years ago, the being known as the Pillar Man Kars created hundreds of Stone Masks for the purpose of his experiments. To subjugate humanity, to force it to live in fear of the sun as their predators do.

Kars exterminated his species, and still failed to produce a self-sustaining community of vampires. A community to be harvested periodically like livestock.

And yet, hundreds of Stone Masks were discovered in the late 1930s in Mexico. The obvious connection to the Aztec civilization was made, but the extinction of the Aztecs and the awakening of the Pillar Men around the same time never caused any extra questions to be asked.

Recent research has discovered that the ancient South American cultures interacted and traded with each other far more than was originally believed. Yet there was never any historical clue that might indicate a vampire genocide occurring in South America, were the Stone Masks simply treated as trade items?

If they were, ordinary archeology hasn’t discovered them yet. But there is something that has the Speedwagon Foundation concerned.

The rise of interest in El Dorado and other lost cities of South America in the 1990s has resurrected an old rumor among the superstitious abuelos and abuelas. The existence of a tribe deep in the Amazon, hidden so well among the blanketing canopies that the tribesmen have never seen the light of the sun.

Nação sem Sol

Nación sin Sol

The Sunless Nation, perhaps more than a myth after all. SPW, under the belief that vampires may still very well exist in the Brazilian heartland, dispatches ERINA to neutralize the situation before Joestar involvement becomes necessary.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That sounds like a cool idea. I'd consider participating if you were to make a go of it, as I have at least one Stand that'd be decently suitable for a protagonist-type character.

Also:

Quote Originally Posted by Express
    “is the applicant a living human being?”
    I can think of at least one Speedwagon Foundation member that wouldn't fit this criteria.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I’d be 112% down for that, I have a few ideas that could work for the setting (protags, joke side characters and more)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Express View Post
    Just posting a basic plotline of the Jojo RP I've been tinkering with for comments.
    I was thinking of a rickroll stand but don't know where to go with that
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    So, I just Archived a "Complete" rulebook for "Pokémon Mystery Universe" in the Rulebook Repository. It's a fairly simple game. Not too many rules for character creation. I'm not sure when I'm going to host it, but it's a mostly complete game. Possibly 100% complete, but I'm not entirely sure about it. I feel like something's missing.

- - - Updated - - -

I was kind of wondering if anyone had any suggestions (it's editable). Aside from that, I suppose I'm just curious about what you think of it.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    If you want to run a pokemon rp why wouldn't you just run an rp section and then run combat through any one of the million pokemon clients online
    I'm replying here because I want to keep the discussion and the work separate.
    To answer your question; Well, because I didn't know about any of them. Could you link me an example or two? I'd be interested. And appreciative.

Nevertheless, combat in the thing I made isn't really Pokemon-style. And I'm not entirely sure I want to run it. I might move it to the Completed Rulebooks folder at some point.

It's Mystery Dungeon btw, characters play as the Pokemon, in case that isn't clear. It doesn't really sound like you looked at the rulebook.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure I should have bothered giving a thoughtful response. After all, SeiKeo only talks to me when he wants to contradict or refute me.
    Last edited by Draconic; March 23rd, 2018 at 04:38 PM.
    F/GO Supports

Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    mystery dungeon has a different battle system
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzTgK9_5Fkg

- - - Updated - - -

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/w...game_mechanics
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconic View Post
    I'm replying here because I want to keep the discussion and the work separate.
    To answer your question; Well, because I didn't know about any of them. Could you link me an example or two? I'd be interested. And appreciative.

Nevertheless, combat in the thing I made isn't really Pokemon-style. And I'm not entirely sure I want to run it. I might move it to the Completed Rulebooks folder at some point.

It's Mystery Dungeon btw, characters play as the Pokemon, in case that isn't clear. It doesn't really sound like you looked at the rulebook.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure I should have bothered giving a thoughtful response. After all, SeiKeo only talks to me when he wants to contradict or refute me.
    I am an impartial agent of truth which in this case is confused why you wouldn't just run a Pokemon game in Pokemon.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Your tone was contrary. That said, your response here is objectively fantastic.

Also, thank you very much for the example. I'm interested in checking that thing out.

But the combat in my game isn't very much like any Pokemon system, even the Mystery Dungeon system, so I tossed it. I wanted to make a game where the Pokemon had more room for variation, the moves themselves are actually only used as bases for their actual attacks. Virtually everything that could hypothetically customized in a Pokemon world is customizable in this. PCs can even carry a weapon, not that many Pokemon would really care about that.
    F/GO Supports

Not with that attitude.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, compared to any of these things, my game is charmingly, or perhaps pitifully simple.
    F/GO Supports

Not with that attitude.