Page 262 of 277 FirstFirst ... 162212252257260261262263264267272 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,240 of 5528

Thread: RP Discussion and Ideas thread

Blog Entries
    There are records of a portion of the Valküres being active even after the Age of Gods ended. However, most of them disappeared in the course of the development of human history. By the 21st century, they were already...no, the accurate information is uncertain. Was there no one left? Or some of them still wandered the world, searching for brave warriors? However, surely, us 3 are the only Valküres remaining by now, right.[/TD]
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    No JoJo RP, then?

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Okay, I'm approaching the finish line...

That said, I now have to Frankenstein (see: cobble together) a card template. My version of Castlevania will have cards that you'd even be able to print out. Not cards with art, just... erm... cards...

Or more accurately, cards that you won't print out, but that you'll nevertheless have the option of. Either way, they'll be...eh... kinda neat, I guess. They probably won't be anything fancy tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

I still need weapons tables, and once I finish the Card Template, I have to actually make about fifty...

I can manage that, right?
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    No JoJo RP, then?
    Pardonne?
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    Valk SOL? Valks + USA USA USA vs Isis?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Valk SOL? Valks + USA USA USA vs Isis?
    its notes

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Oh.

So does anyone read The Isolator series? Because its setting of two different groups of people with alien-induced superpowers where one wants to murder people and the other doesn't is ripe for RPing.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    That's a joke, obviously, I wouldn't do Notes around Valk PCs searching for world pillar Odin's spear.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    Pardonne?
    Sorry for going off-topic, it's just that coming back to this thread reminded me there used to be plans for a JoJo RP, but seems they never materialised, unfortunately.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Sorry for going off-topic, it's just that coming back to this thread reminded me there used to be plans for a JoJo RP, but seems they never materialised, unfortunately.
    The guy had plans for a setting and seemed to be under way with it but then he just vanished.

Blog Entries
    Hey folks, just wanted to let you know that my Shinjuku Grail War that I started way back in January has finally ended! Congrats on Verdi who played Kayneth and Ibaraki on their hard fought victory!

A few key moments in this war include:

Battle Royale at the heart of Barrel Tower where a multitude of the teams went all out against one another.

Most of the fights against the outlier, Berserker Jack the Ripper, as he caused chaos slaughtering numerous civillians for the fun of it while the other teams tried to stop them.

Emiya and Kiritsugu teaming up to raid the Kayneth hotel while his Servant was distracted by Caster Cu.

Columbus vs Brynhildr which resulted in a mutual kill from both sides.

Caster Cu's Master Tsubaki accidentally teaming up with Berserker Jack to throw the Masters into her dream world where she proceeded to wreck havoc.

Proto Arthur and his Master Gray vs Ibaraki and Kayneth for the finale fight!

The signups for the next war have begun now! Though they will last only a week I will begin the war some time in September. This is partially because I am going to Japan to study for a year and partially so that I can continue to craft a suitable story for it.

Should you be interested in joining feel free to join the Discord:

https://discord.gg/Qt3NvzZ

I will also include a Google Doc link of a general signup sheet. And if you have any questions just ask!

****************************file/d/1tTE...ew?usp=sharing

Blog Entries
    Friendly reminder that signups end on Sunday!

Looks like we already have quite the colorful cast so far.

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Castlevania: Concerto Of Deception; opening the floor to suggestions at the end of the road

Just in case anyone in the RP crew is checking this thread, Castlevania: Concerto of Deception (working title) is finished and is now in its second draft, and is days, or if I'm lucky, hours away from attaining its final version.

A little background info, this game is built off of Airen's Castlevania: Echo of Crimson Butterfly, but after more than a year and a half of revisions, it has evolved into a completely different game. As this is built off of Airen's original, about half of the RP will look recognizable to anyone who's seen it, but there are more than a few changes, including additional factions, different gameplay, a lot of new mechanics, new perks, a completely different cast of characters, etc. The story was always different, but you probably already expected that.

Whatever the case, it certainly took me long enough to devise a combat system that I liked. So now, weapons and spells are either represented by multiple cards apiece that the players can acquire more of, or single cards that the players can upgrade. I'm leaning towards the single cards as I will be able to manage that with less difficulty. It's already pretty difficult for me as it is, tbh. Mind you, if I'm doing things right, the difficulty that it causes me should make things a lot easier for the players.

Would anyone be interested in giving it a look over for inconsistencies? I also take suggestions if you have any. I'm not posting the rulebook here for the same reason that I haven't made a thread for the game yet, but I'll send it to anyone who wants to have a look.

Among things I'm looking to change are the following:

• Adding a few extra Perks. I scrapped most of Airen's vampire and lycan perks because they didn't mesh with my system as much as I would have preferred, and came up with different ones. But I'd prefer to have more. Or rather, I really need there to be more (especially for the lycans, as most of those are just skills and techniques for lycan characters to use). So if anyone has suggestions for monstrous perks, I'm eager to hear from you.
      ____
    • Adding new characters. It's not unlikely that you might have already seen my Character & Location Google Doc. That section of the rulebook grew too big, and I didn't want my RP Rulebook to look like it was more than twice-and-a-half as long as Airen's. So this in mind, why would I need more characters if there are already so many that I probably won't even use them all? Well, there's one main reason for that:
      ____When I started changing Airen's RP, I decided he had overused the anime tropes. I have nothing against anime in Castlevania; Rondo of Blood was great, and I loved Dawn of Sorrow and Portrait of Ruin. However, now I've run into a similar problem: The RP is too Castlevania, and this is a very anime forum. However, I've set the mood, and I don't want to endanger that by adding in jarringly anime concepts like six counts of anime OP/ED or manga titles for perk names. So my thought is that I can fix that problem by adding characters who are more anime than the ones I currently have. (If nothing else, I have a distinct lack of anime FCs in this rulebook at the moment). If you have character ideas, I'd be happy to hear from you. For reference, the game takes place ten years after Order of Ecclesia.
      ____Alternatively, I could take another page out of Airen's book, and add something to the rulebook about having players come up with a single personalized NPC apiece, like he had us do for XBlaze. So, if you think that's the better option, let me know.
      ____
    • The name of the RP itself, as silly as that may seem. I really want the musical allusion to be Requiem but can't think of something that fits as nicely as I'd prefer. If you have a good noun or verb, I'm eager to hear anything you have.

Anyway, thank you for your time.

Blog Entries
    if all the current and especially long-standing BL RPs are hella anime, what's the problem with being anime?

Blog Entries
    animes’ bad

Blog Entries
    i want an opinion from someone who currently roleplays thanks

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    endless filler, production delays, and then the anime ends before it gets to the good stuff
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    i want an opinion from someone who currently roleplays thanks
    im always roleplaying

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    endless filler, production delays, and then the anime ends before it gets to the good stuff
    are you talking about crownless, notes, notes 2, or notes 3?
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Yes.
    canon finish apo vol 3