Page 263 of 277 FirstFirst ... 163213253258261262263264265268273 ... LastLast
Results 5,241 to 5,260 of 5528

Thread: RP Discussion and Ideas thread

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Also, drac, we're kind of seeing your real name in the doc, you mayyy want to change that in your google acc.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Anime was a mistake.

Spoiler:
    I actually love anime
    <Airen> I play hetero every once in awhile
    Spoiler:
    <~Katie> dude who gives a fuck about girls being gay, sometimes girls aren't gay and that decision should be respected

Spoiler:
    [12:21.40] that might be a top tier post[12:21.45] frantic[12:21.47] post of the month, even[12:21.48] this right here[12:21.49] is MC [12:21.56] johnny has nothing on this dude[12:22.00] he's the MC of the nisio half[12:22.12] so wait[12:22.15] [ ] is, after all, my rival character[12:22.16] am i the gag heroine[12:22.20] yes

Blog Entries
    That just can’t be right.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    im always roleplaying
    Do you ever tire of it?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Does a fire tire of burning?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    if all the current and especially long-standing BL RPs are hella anime, what's the problem with being anime?
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    animes’ bad
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    i want an opinion from someone who currently roleplays thanks
    First, Leo, you can't speak for me. I've seen you put actual effort into not understanding me, so it... it just doesn't work.

As for your question KT, I guess, I probably couldn't have been a bit clearer: There wasn't wrong with it, there was just too much... I guess you could say that there were aspects of Airen's original that were kind of moe, cute or cliche turns of phrase, and whatnot. And though that'll work for characters, (I adore Charlotte Aulin) I wouldn't be able to make the game function like that. I'm not Airen: I can't turn that into a Fantastical Tapestry Of Awesome the way he can. And moreover, I wanted my Castlevania game to have a darker tone, such that the characters would be the ones who could really bring it to life as they grow and develop throughout the game. I just didn't want too many of those specific instances that I mentioned.

But, like most things, I overdid it, and now have the opposite problem: Now the game isn't anime enough. At the moment I'm attempting to solve said problem the best way I know how: With waifus and husbandos. There's nothing more anime than that. Except maybe harem protags, magical girls, and the power of friendship, but Maria Renard, who meets two out of three of those categories, died just in the range of a century before my RP takes place...

Which means I need to create a different loli mascot character. Or two, or three. I'm sure they can all fit. This is a very big game. I can fit more than one little girl in this book.
    It also means that if any of you are mean enough to wake up Alucard, he's going to be a very sad puppy. They got married in my headcanon.

That said, Alucard isn't in the character manual, and there are no plans to put him in unless he is specifically asked for.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Do you ever tire of it?
    I think it's a safe bet that Leo isn't going to change any time soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RacingeR View Post
    Also, drac, we're kind of seeing your real name in the doc, you mayyy want to change that in your google acc.
    Ah, so it is, I'll go change that. Thank you.

Does this mean that you're interested in giving some advice? Unless you had perk suggestions, you wouldn't really have to do anything. It's all there in the doc already. All that remains is to decide which of certain things are superfluous, and cut those out.

And if I might ask anyone with an opinion on the matter about this part of my post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconic View Post
    Alternatively, I could take another page out of Airen's book, and add something to the rulebook about having players come up with a single personalized NPC apiece, like he had us do for XBlaze.
    Would people prefer this to just random NPC submissions?

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, it's not much, but I can now say "Come to Castlevania, we have lolis."

In Wygol.

Two of them.

Not vampires. Better: They run the shop! So you'll get to see them aaaaaall the time. Well, at the beginning and the end of most of the missions, at least.
    Last edited by Draconic; August 30th, 2018 at 05:09 PM.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    So is the idea to pick a pre-made character for the RP, Draconic?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    No, it's just that I haven't posted the rulebook itself yet. It's mostly finished, but I'm still making revisions.

- - - Updated - - -

Try to keep an open mind here in regards to reading this whole message because it gets very technical.
    Let me preface this question by giving you some background info:

I already have a character stat sheet that lets you keep a record of your stats and all bonuses that you’re getting. It’s incredibly useful since the equipment chart I made for it has boxes for all of your stats for each type of equipment you’re carrying, and all of them are plugged into your base parameters, which means that I’ll be able to create items that can alter any of your basic stats with as few complications as possible. I guess it sounds complicated, but I assure you, the complexity is all on my end: You should have nothing to worry about other than plugging in whatever bonuses your equipment gives you in the appropriate stat box(es). Put simply, it just allows equipment in this game to function in exactly the same way as it would in an actual Castlevania game. Or as close as I could make it.

Now that I’ve probably completely lost your attention, I need another opinion:

What kind of combat system would you prefer? (And don’t worry, I’m not telling you to make one for me, I’m just asking you to choose A or B)

My combat system is something that has gone through multiple iterations at this point, having initially been a system of multiple cards for each weapon, which proved to be a dead end as I couldn’t manage all the variables and values on my own while keeping the others balanced without getting mixed up. The concept that I have set up right now is this:

Here’s Option A:
    Weapons have adjustable values, and damage is calculated through percentages. This comes with a lot of variation, and allows players to mitigate the risk of getting hit while attacking by dealing less damage, or spend MP to deal more damage. Artes and Weapon Skills, though not always number based, can add more damage in terms of percentages as well. The card looks like this:

Now, I think it’s really cool and all, but I’ve been doing over the concept in my head and even with it cut down to the most basic ±1 values for all weapons—which would kind of defeat the purpose since the differences in adjustable values would be one of the things that made weapons different—it would still end up being very complicated, such that a GoogleSheets calculator would definitely be necessary during battle, which I can imagine players won’t like, no matter how user-friendly the design I manage to implement is. Especially after you’ve already got the stat sheet. Even if it’s helpful on its own, I can imagine that adding something on top of that will just turn both things into a problem.

So, I figure you’ll probably want to keep things simple, but I just want to be sure whether or not you’d prefer to have this many variables.

Here’s Option B:
    Weapon base damage remains static. Nothing can change it other than Artes and Weapon Skills, which can do various things. There is little variation beyond how many times you are going to attack, and you cannot decrease risk by lowering your damage. Chances are that Artes and Weapon Skills can mitigate this.

The problem is this: I figure that if I implement player-made Artes, people aren’t going to want them to end up being reduced to mathematical equations, so how would I go about fixing that?
    My only current idea is for players to make their Artes the same way they normally do, and I could theoretically make decisions about how much damage they do based on their narrative impact.

An alternative is for there to be two combat systems: Narrative combat, like the kind used in most games on Beast’s Lair, will be used for bosses, new encounters, and other important battles; while the number game can still function when encountering minor enemies, as well as a sort of experience system for Ranking Up your base stats throughout the game. (Currently, my opinion is that it would be best for the game to play like an authentic Castlevania with the players being given stat points derived from an appropriate stat value that I determined by examining various starting values in the real Castlevania series. This would mean that characters are unlikely to start with even a single stat at a rank higher than E, but has several consolations and benefits:
    a. Monsters are going to be chum at the beginning of the game, so it shouldn’t matter anyways because hitting like a wet noodle will be more than enough to leave swath of bloody carnage in your wake.
    b. You’ll frequently get to acquire more Stat Points (SP), meaning that you’ll be able to rank up your stats periodically over the course of the game, which should be very exciting. Mind you, as you grow more powerful, you’ll start to get less SP to keep the game balanced.
    c. The inclusion of SP in general is a good way of adding making gameplay more rewarding for the PCs throughout the game.
    d. It encourages traitors (yes, you can secretly play for the enemy) to play nicer early on, making it harder to determine who’s turned on you during a certain type of in-game event.

So, what are your thoughts?
    Last edited by Draconic; September 4th, 2018 at 02:34 PM.
    F/GO Supports

Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Not with that attitude.

Hi there. Um, is this thread solely for RPs in the sense of play-by-post rp's, or does this thread also allow discussion for quest ideas?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quest ideas are fine.
    F/GO Supports

Not with that attitude.

So, I'm trying to think of the story for my quest, and I'm kinda struggling. It's an FGO x Bionicle crossover quest. I'm at least thinking of having the PC be a hero from Bionicle being summoned as a Servant, but I'm unsure what kind of a story to write depending on who is chosen. I guess I would appreciate some assistance, maybe a beta or something similar?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm not available for any long term projects. Already have several I'm afraid...
    F/GO Supports

Not with that attitude.

So, I'm thinking of using evocative mechanics in my quest and implementing said mechanics in the form of building bonds with other Servants. Perhaps allow for combination attacks between team members. Would that work in line with FGO's themes, or would it run counter to it?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You can add whatever mechanics you want. Be creative. Joint attacks sound interesting. I'm sure plenty of people will go for that.
    F/GO Supports

Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    Just gonna leave this here and be on my merry way.

"I promise nothing." - Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.

What would you guys say is the biggest challenge when doing a quest based on a Fate work?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Keeping it alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Same as a fanfic. Making or writing characters that "pop" and people get attached to.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    The biggest pitfall in TM quests I've seen on good old /tg/ has been eyes too big. A person started with a pretty good concept, even if it had to be a grail war, and then got to the advanced stuff like true magic or extra servant classes or True Ancestors or whatever way too fast, without a foundation of the mundane.

The one at the very top, for example, was pretty good. Then on the next one he'd involve Dead Apostles and the Church and suddenly it was too spread out and it wasn't so good. Then he'd do a quad Grail War where a quarter of the servants were videogame characters and it was complete unreadable nonsense.

This collection also features:
    - a Harry Potter crossover in Anno Domini 2013 (!?)
    - a really good story of a priest (And I Will Fear No Evil) that started really good and really smart and was really well written and then got completely reterded with true ancestors and stuff
    - an incredibly long and ultimately pointless thing that everybody on the board has read that never got finished, Fate/Stay Again
    - The Garden of Cripples (READ THIS)
    Last edited by Ratman; September 6th, 2018 at 04:01 PM.

Would it be possible to start a quest within a LostBelt?