Page 4 of 277 FirstFirst ... 2345691454104 ... LastLast

Thread: RP Discussion and Ideas thread

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Revy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tohno-san View Post
    Kk, weird idea I had for maybe later on.

We get 16 people to sign up for this. We shuffle them around, and then randomly assign 8 of them Servant classes. The Servant RPers choose whichever canon Servants fit their assigned class (with the exception of Avenger, is only ever one person) and then the remaining 8 Masters choose a character they have used in a seperate RP as their characters, and then they PM a Servant they wish to be paired with. The last people to pair up, obviously, get automatically paired together.

The main idea is kicking ass while running around apocalyptic Europe and Asia on sweetmotorbikes, jets, subway trains. So while meteors shower, doomsdayers preach, people scream in fury, Servants chop up zommiez and each other, with the intention of getting some grail rip-off or copy or something to do whatever.

WHADDYA THINK
    I'm not saying that your idea is a bad one, Tohno-san,, but it does seem like something that has been done on Beast's Lair before. Though you have put some of your own unique ideas into it, it just doesn't seem like it will gain grounds for 16 people to sign up. This is simply my opinion, of course.

| Official Member of SABR |Part-Time Critic | Fanfiction Support |

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Chaos Greyblood's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tohno-san View Post
    Kk, weird idea I had for maybe later on.

We get 16 people to sign up for this. We shuffle them around, and then randomly assign 8 of them Servant classes. The Servant RPers choose whichever canon Servants fit their assigned class (with the exception of Avenger, is only ever one person) and then the remaining 8 Masters choose a character they have used in a seperate RP as their characters, and then they PM a Servant they wish to be paired with. The last people to pair up, obviously, get automatically paired together.

The main idea is kicking ass while running around apocalyptic Europe and Asia on sweetmotorbikes, jets, subway trains. So while meteors shower, doomsdayers preach, people scream in fury, Servants chop up zommiez and each other, with the intention of getting some grail rip-off or copy or something to do whatever.

WHADDYA THINK
    I would believe you more if you were to do it something akin to Modern Warfare or something just as easy to follow. That, and seeing Servants blasting zombies would be too easy. Just think for a moment: How will you ensure that a Servant will be zombified if the worst thing comes to pass? And what's gonna happen with the connection between Master and Servant should that come to pass?

Maybe you could try to keep some things fresh here.
    It's easy to believe in ideals, but it's harder to keep them when things go bad.

Hey, guys! Come visit Chaos Greyblood's Fanfiction Idea thread! Let us create stories and worlds together. :3
    Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!
    Fanfic project No. 1: The Hell Biker

Blog Entries
    Wait. Call of Duty: Grail Warfare? All the ridiculous madness of CoD singleplayer, except with Servants and more destruction?

I'd play it.

Blog Entries
    You see? And if there's some political intrigue that doesn't become too preachy that can be added, I think we may just make it.
    It's easy to believe in ideals, but it's harder to keep them when things go bad.

Hey, guys! Come visit Chaos Greyblood's Fanfiction Idea thread! Let us create stories and worlds together. :3
    Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Tohno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    Wait. Call of Duty: Grail Warfare? All the ridiculous madness of CoD singleplayer, except with Servants and more destruction?

I'd play it.
    Damn straight

Quote Originally Posted by Revy View Post
    I'm not saying that your idea is a bad one, Tohno-san,, but it does seem like something that has been done on Beast's Lair before. Though you have put some of your own unique ideas into it, it just doesn't seem like it will gain grounds for 16 people to sign up. This is simply my opinion, of course.
    Mm, aw, well that may be a problem.

Was playing LA Noire when I got this idea (sadly, its not TM-related):

Basically, the setting is in a late 1940s era American metropolis modeled after America's great cities (or just one of them). Once a bustling city full of wealth and opportunities, now it is corrupt and decadent due its overwhelming success. Booming drug trade, high murder rates, notorious gangs and corruption in the highest ranks blight this once great beacon of America.

This is where the players come in. The players will be RPing as rookie detectives trying to make their way up the ranks doing cases and other police work. However, it is all up to the players on how they will accomplish this. Will you rise up the ranks as a paragon of justice: stamping out crime, cleaning up the streets and become mayor? Or will you fall to the vices of the shadier side of the law? Or will you just stay in the grey; just trying to do your job and return home? Ultimately, its up to you......

And each side is not without its dangers. Investigating corruption or doing shady dealings may end up with you on the front lines of tomorrow's headlines. Each big decision that you make, you must make with the utmost caution because its consequences, good or bad, will come back to haunt you.

------------------------------------------

Yeah, that's all I got so far. Comments?

Spoiler:

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sounds fine, but depending on how it's played it could end up being very long and die somewhere in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by MssrNeko View Post
    Was playing LA Noire when I got this idea (sadly, its not TM-related):

Basically, the setting is in a late 1940s era American metropolis modeled after America's great cities (or just one of them). Once a bustling city full of wealth and opportunities, now it is corrupt and decadent due its overwhelming success. Booming drug trade, high murder rates, notorious gangs and corruption in the highest ranks blight this once great beacon of America.

This is where the players come in. The players will be RPing as rookie detectives trying to make their way up the ranks doing cases and other police work. However, it is all up to the players on how they will accomplish this. Will you rise up the ranks as a paragon of justice: stamping out crime, cleaning up the streets and become mayor? Or will you fall to the vices of the shadier side of the law? Or will you just stay in the grey; just trying to do your job and return home? Ultimately, its up to you......

And each side is not without its dangers. Investigating corruption or doing shady dealings may end up with you on the front lines of tomorrow's headlines. Each big decision that you make, you must make with the utmost caution because its consequences, good or bad, will come back to haunt you.

------------------------------------------

Yeah, that's all I got so far. Comments?
    Inject some supernatural and I'd be all on board. By the way, how is LA Noir? I was thinking of getting it.

I had a similar idea for setting to this, except with the supernatural involved. In a steam punk sort of setting, the city mayor is human, but a family of powerful vampires rule from behind the scenes. While the vampire operate mostly legal dealings through the city like the banks, government, stores, etc., on the flipside we have the werewolves forming a sort of mafia. In between the two, we have the human hunters vowing to destroy both, but having to operate in secrecy due to lack of numbers and power. In addition, mages are the wild card. They have no real allegiance to any side, and mostly operate individually.

Its a great change of pace for those looking to get away from INTENSE ACTION. Plus, I love the facial animations so much; the tech they used for facial expressions is jaw-dropping.

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Check my thread for an idea and don't forget to give your comments! I think I have one or two new elements I've thought of.

Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!

Quote Originally Posted by MssrNeko View Post
    Its a great change of pace for those looking to get away from INTENSE ACTION. Plus, I love the facial animations so much; the tech they used for facial expressions is jaw-dropping.
    How is getting around the city? It's pretty big, right? When I first tried GTO, I got a little sick of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Greyblood View Post
    Check my thread for an idea and don't forget to give your comments! I think I have one or two new elements I've thought of.
    Your thread? You mean like within this discussion thread or somewhere else?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fangstrike View Post
    How is getting around the city? It's pretty big, right? When I first tried GTO, I got a little sick of it.
    Shouldn't that be GTA? Or did Onizuka have an action adventure game when I wasn't looking?

Quote Originally Posted by lethum View Post
    Shouldn't that be GTA? Or did Onizuka have an action adventure game when I wasn't looking?
    Gah! You're right. I messed up.

You can drive yourself, or if you're like me (and most likely everyone else), you'll use partner as the driver.

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    No, Fang. It's my own thread. I imagine it's at least on page 2 of this section.

Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!

Alf, I'm trying to make a Persona RP with Lantz and Race, but we're a little short handed as Lantz doesn't answer his PMs often.

Care to help out?
    -Insert witty signature here-

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Saint View Post
    Alf, I'm trying to make a Persona RP with Lantz and Race, but we're a little short handed as Lantz doesn't answer his PMs often.
    Or post. Ever.

That too.

the master of infinite roads lantzblades's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lotus I answered Race's last pm awhile ago. he hasn't (nor have you) asked for anymore help pm or otherwise

Or post. Ever.
    I would more if those time stamps were relevant at all. I'm trying to keep up but the what when where etcetera is hard to follow. it doesn't help that i'm busy as well...

I know you did.
    But how long did it take you to answer it?