Page 51 of 277 FirstFirst ... 414649505152535661101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 5528

Thread: RP Discussion and Ideas thread

If I'm With You, Surely Paradise Exists! Froggie's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Silver could be interesting. Aside from Marin, Shaina and Orphee, the Silvers got no respect in the original series.

Hm... And some Silvers have trained Bronzes in the past so that could be interesting to explore as well...

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, Silver saints are pretty unexplored in all the series. And seems better than starting as a puny Bronze in any case.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Blog Entries
    Hey, Bronze is awesome! Just ask Seiya

On the brightside, Bronze constellations are more fun, but adapting the Omega idea of Bronze upgrading to Silver after winning a Galactian Tournament allows to diversify Cloth selection and relegate the tediousness of Training and Tournaments to the backstoru where they belong.

Jmm...this has some merit, I think...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziodyne View Post
    Hey, Bronze is awesome! Just ask Seiya

On the brightside, Bronze constellations are more fun, but adapting the Omega idea of Bronze upgrading to Silver after winning a Galactian Tournament allows to diversify Cloth selection and relegate the tediousness of Training and Tournaments to the backstoru where they belong.

Jmm...this has some merit, I think...
    Well, the thing with Bronzes is that they are kind of overused as protagonists xD.

Then again, your idea right there does indeed have some merit. Upgrading from cloth to cloth is something that has happened around the series (there were some Gold Saints that started as Silver or Bronze, IIRC). So maybe it could work that way...

quotes
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

Blog Entries
    Nope. The idea of upgrading Cloths is new to Omega and one of the ideas I'm probably going to end up pilfering, at least so far as Bronze to Silver is concerned.

GOLD is GOLD after all.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziodyne View Post
    Nope. The idea of upgrading Cloths is new to Omega and one of the ideas I'm probably going to end up pilfering, at least so far as Bronze to Silver is concerned.

GOLD is GOLD after all.
    I am not sure of how it is in Omega, but I am pretty sure I remember a case (can't remember who was, though) that changed from Bronze (or was it Silver) to Gold.

Then again, it has been a long time since I've read or watched anything Saint Seiya related.

quotes

Blog Entries
    When you were young, you were separated from your family. Either tragedy struck and you were cruelly separated from them by Death, or you had never even known the warmth of family in the first place. Perhaps you were haunted by memories of your families final moments, perhaps you were envious of the other children in the orphanage who had gotten the chance to meet their parents. Whatever the case, there is one thing that you knew for certain: you had been abandoned.

You were alone.

Even in the orphanage, surrounded by others your age, you were always alone.

Because you were different.

And that difference is what called them to you. You were taken away, to a distant place you knew nothing about, and here you learned about the difference that separated you from everyone else.

Cosmo.

A hundred million stars, an universe burning inside your chest, in every inch of your body.

The power to crush the very stars, they said.

A power that needed to be trained, honed, and perfected.

You and others like you were gathered at the Place of Pillars and you were given a choice.

Train, or go back.

But you were also warned. The training would be difficult.

You would quite likely die.

You all accepted. You all were plunged into a world of pain beyond your wildest imaginings. Your muscles ached, your lungs burned, your very soul seemed to waver during every moment of exquisite torture. You wept and cursed and cried. You watched those that were like you fail and die. But you would not fail. You could NOT afford to fail. You would become strong. You would endure the suffering.

Why did you have to suffer? You must suffer for love.

Why must you love? You must love her if you are to protect her.

Why must you protect her? You must protect her because she will be reborn soon.

The Goddess Athena.

You survived.

Under your Master's guidance, you survived and became strong. Strong enough to protect the Goddess whose spirit had nourished you in your darkest moments.

You had become a soldier of Athena.

A Saint.

Hm... needs more polish. I'll see what I can do at work tomorrow, but it's hard to concentrate when I've got Gold Saint ideas dancing through my brain >,>

Blog Entries
    Saint Seiya nostalgia kick has run its due course.

I am once again considering a Nocturne based RP, but throwing in elements of Strange Journey and Digital Devil Saga. Basically, a post-apocalyptic setting that crosses the Vortex World with the Junkyard with PC elements of Strange Journey and Digital Devil Saga, finishing with plot elements of all three...

Sounds tempting.

Hope we don't turn into demons to fight, though.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Blog Entries
    That was actually one of the ideas I had in mind.

1) Soldier in power armor that recruits demons to fight.
    2) Soldier in power armor that transforms into a demon to fight and DEVOUR his enemies.

Difference being a strategic sort of play vs a brute force one, or something along those lines... Not really sure how many people would find the idea of cannibalizing opponents to be attractive...

I don't find the idea of turning into a single demon to fight (maybe one of the reasons I have avoided DDS) very attractive. I guess you can say it's the same as playing Persona with just one Persona. It's cool, but more than one would make it so much better. On the other hand, recruiting demons sounds like a slightly more complicated task for the GM, but is the one that I, personally, would love the most. Serious negotiation (aka. Not just you talk to me, and you get me after that) with the danger of getting killed if you fail would be the most exciting (Like your former Nocturne RP when you played as human). But that's just me.

In short:

What I like the most - Negotiation and Recruit, with quite the risk.
    What I would likely go with - Suit that can transform me into different demons as you recruit/devour.
    Let's see how long inspiration lasts - Suit that can trasnform me into a single demon.

PD: Negotiations with angels, all my rage.
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)

Blog Entries
    I don't find the idea of turning into a single demon to fight (maybe one of the reasons why I avoided DDS) to be very attractive. I guess you can say it's the same as playing Persona with just one Persona. It's cool, but more than one would make it so much better.
    Yeah, I see where you're coming from. When you put it like that, it sounds like a static character that never improves over the course of the story. Not something that many people would find appealing at all. I had the idea of gaining new powers and abilities depending on which demons were devoured but, again, not sure how many people would find that appealing. It would only be a single ‘Avatar', yeah, but a variety of choices available to the player, just how a variety of recruitable demons would present diverse choices...
    On the other hand, recruiting demons sounds like a slightly more complicated task for the GM, but is the one that I, personally, would love the most. Serious negotiation (aka. Not just you talk to me, and you get me after that) with the danger of getting killed if you fail would be the most exciting (Like your former Nocturne RP when you played as a human). But that's just me.
    Well, the idea of moving from a "normal human" negotiating to a "soldier in power armor" negotiating does grant a bit of leeway in the whole "I'd better have an escape route planned in case this goes wrong" scenario, but it would probably still require careful word choice in certain situations. I mean, even a normal human negotiating with a Pixie wouldn't have much trouble. However, a soldier in power armor negotiating with a Nyx, well... you get the idea.
    In short: What I like the most - Negotiation and Recruit, with quite the risk.
    Can be done simply by ditching the "power armor" angle and going with normal humans.
    What I would likely go with - Suit that can transform me into different demons as you recruit/devour.
    This has potential and gives me some ideas. A suit that can adapt and transform while choosing to either recruit or DEVOUR sounds like an interesting path to take.
    PD: Negotiations with angels, all my rage.
    They're all, as general rule, quite the headstrong lot lol.

depending on which demons were devoured but, again, not sure how many people would find that appealing
    Umm, yeah. I don't think eating other demons full cannibal style is going to be popular. Maybe tone it down a bit? Absorb or collect samples? Maybe depending on the personality of the character, the demonica or whatever adapts so as to enable the method that would make more sense. Hence, a more battle crazy individual would end up eating demons and a more good natured guy would have a more pacific alternative. Maybe grant bonuses the closer to cannibalism it gets, but don't make it a must to level up.

Well, the idea of moving from a "normal human" negotiating to a "soldier in power armor" negotiating does grant a bit of leeway in the whole "I'd better have an escape route planned in case this goes wrong" scenario, but it would probably still require careful word choice in certain situations.
    Dunno how your plot goes, but maybe you could throw both groups into the mix? Give the normal guys slight bonuses for not having a 'DEMONICA'? Dunno, just throwing ideas. Being a soldier doesn't sound that bad, anyways.

I mean, even a normal human negotiating with a Pixie

Pixie:
    Hehehehe, I never thought humans would be this fun to play with!
    You: I AM BURNING *AGI'd*

They're all, as general rule, quite the headstrong lot lol.

You:
    Join me.
    Angel: You greedy human, don't think I will fall for such tricks and be tainted by you. Die!

Damn.

You: God is great.
    Angel: You insolent son of man, how dare you to speak about HIM in such a carefree manner. Die!

Seriously? ;__;

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle HolySeraph's Avatar
    Lately I've been considering ways how to revamp my last RP on spacebattles and figure some of BL may be interested. Will it be here or on SB will likely depend on interest received.

Basics of the RP is basically Crusader Kings(one influence along with Maoyuu along with many others works) but the nobles are immortal D&D god-like children. Though, I'm considering on if it will be more of New World, where colonization of new lands is a major theme versus the Old World where its more European on the verge of the Enlightenment. In some ways, it likely resembles Erl's Fantasia RP.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HolySeraph View Post

Basics of the RP is basically Crusader Kings(one influence along with Maoyuu along with many others works)

What's up with CK and Maoyuu based RPs lately?
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle HolySeraph's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Erlkonig View Post
    What's up with CK and Maoyuu based RPs lately?
    Mine was first! I built the world back in 2011 while reading Maoyuu!

As for CK, it just something it happens to resemble to make it more RP rather then it feeling like playing EU3 in play by post. Its just a very late influence.
    Last edited by HolySeraph; June 20th, 2012 at 05:05 PM.

Blog Entries
    Eh, I suppose that instead of going with the full on cannibalism of DDS, it could be done like in a family friendly manner like in Nocturne. Defeated demons breaking down into magatsuhi which is then absorbed.

You're not eating them, just absorbing their life energy yo!

Blog Entries
    Okay, I'm open to trying my hand at GMing a game now, I just don't know what you guys would like to play.

Do I go with something completely original? Or do I try my hand at GMing a game based around a system that I have access to (but won't try forcing you guys to use any of it except for the setting and items involved)?

For those of you wondering, it's Anima: Beyond Fantasy, just thought I'd get that out of the way.
    Xamusel's Fanfiction Profile

For those that don't necessarily care if my fics aren't all Type-Moon related.

Hmm... this is a bit of a surprise these days.

An archive of my works on the forum that's pretty accurate.

Note that I don't wish to be seen as an idiot any longer. I can't always promise better works than before, but I can sure as hell try, alright?

Blog Entries
    Honestly incoming:

Nope don't care, not interested in Anima.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Okay, honestly, what is it with you and not liking Anima?

I honestly wish to know what you have against it...
    Xamusel's Fanfiction Profile

For those that don't necessarily care if my fics aren't all Type-Moon related.

Hmm... this is a bit of a surprise these days.

An archive of my works on the forum that's pretty accurate.

Note that I don't wish to be seen as an idiot any longer. I can't always promise better works than before, but I can sure as hell try, alright?