Thread: File corruption problems (for those who have nintendo wii and plays gamecube games)

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Blog Entries

File corruption problems (for those who have nintendo wii and plays gamecube games)

I needed to ask a question since I've experience a problem lately that's gotten out of hand, in other words I had some file corruption problems on my Wii in terms of the gamecube and the memory card I'm using.

I have a Memory Card 1019 BTW.

It just happened this morning when I tried to play Megaman Anniversary collection and all the work I've done on the save data was corrupted and was forced to delete it. The same thing happened to some of the other games I have including Twilight Princess(Zelda) and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (with the most strange thing on that data was when I checked the data on that, it have !!!!!!!!!!! as a sign that it was severely corrupted.

Did anyone else had this same problem when they had a Wii and this stuff happened to your gamecube save data?

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Sorry to hear that, man. I have heard of it happening before.

Unfortunately Nintendo did not plan for GC memory card data to be transferrable to the Wii so you can't normally back it up on an SD card without doing some homebrew stuff that I'm not familiar with. I have multiple memory cards and back my save data up regularly between them, but that's really all you can do.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Blog Entries
    Pretty much. Well I didn't had this problem for about 3 years until now. So I've no choice, plus I already beaten most of my games 100%. I didn't mind starting over from the beginning, just not like this.