Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 1234581353 ... LastLast

Thread: What TM stuff are you reading/watching/consuming?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Is being annoying a forum offense now? Because there are a lot of reports to be done if so.
    Please clarify.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Blog Entries
    All spends on if annoying is accidental or an outgrowth of being hostile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    But really, is Frosty female?

If so, then everything I know is a lie.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes View Post
    I also heard it was a manga? .
    There's a manga and there is also a light novel. The manga is behind the light novel but they are being released "co-currently."
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

love me until I love myself Prix with a Silent X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    It's p. stressful tbh

Personally I don't even leave my room anymore because I kept realizing people were girls and it was interfering with my ability to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    It's his unquenchable thirst you see
    I think Shirou is repressing relatively normal levels of thirst to the point that he keeps springing leaks. But I could remain to be corrected.
    Imagine that the world is made out of love. Now imagine that it isn’t.

Imagine a story where everything goes wrong, where everyone has their back against the wall, where everyone is in pain and acting selfishly because if they don’t, they’ll die.
    Imagine a story, not of good against evil, but of need against need against need, where everyone is at cross-purposes and everyone is to blame.

Blog of Fiction for You to Consume
    Other Links

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Let Sakura say fuck and eat junkfood you weirdos.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    But really, is Frosty female?

If so, then everything I know is a lie.
    unless frosty's vocaroos are a lie, frosty is male

Blog Entries
    Thank you for clarifying.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    who is sigma?
    that's my question for this new SF volume coming out.

I really hope it's not some kiritsugu expy or like maiya's kid.
    That would be bad.
    Actually Maiya's kid might be okay.
    Narita saving TM.
    Last edited by You; April 4th, 2016 at 12:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I also read the Fate/strange fake LN back in January or something, and I really loved it, but because I don't read Japanese or anything I was sort of ill-informed about the fact that it had been serialized/canonized. Now I've read up through the Gil/Enki fight that starts stuff off, but I literally don't know how it continues or if any more of it has been translated. I also heard it was a manga? But what I read wasn't a scanlation, just straight text. So I really like SF but I'm not as informed as I'd like to be. And when I asked about theorizing about who Caster was I was told everyone knows it's
    Spoiler:
    Dumas.
    So I'd like to keep going on that but I don't know if as an English-only fan I can.
    The manga... don't rely on the manga. That way you'll be pleasantly surprised when the next chapter comes out in 6 months.

The light novel translations here are a bit farther, IIRC. They went past Gil vs. Enkidu up to Hanza's introduction. Also there was a small thing from V2 about Hanza vs Jester.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    This is a general thread, for people to post their thoughts on TM works as they consume them. For example, your thoughts as you play through Tsuki or F/SN, or as you watch through F/Z or KnK, or read through DDD or Mahoyo. And so on.

As for spoilers, in general newer things, especially those not completely translated (Mahoyo, CCC, and the like) should be tagged. In the case that, for example, someone's playing through F/SN for the first time and has yet to be spoiled, please be courteous and don't spoil them.
    Really only F/GO, though I've been meaning to look into Apo and SF.
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I think Shirou is repressing relatively normal levels of thirst to the point that he keeps springing leaks. But I could remain to be corrected.
    The limits of first-person narration probably play a part too, though I haven't read the VN in a while so I don't remember what exactly it was like. But there would likely be a conflict in the wanting to describe the details of the scene, versus what is mostly likely to be noticed by the first person narrator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Blog Entries
    The limits of first-person narration probably play a part too, though I haven't read the VN in a while so I don't remember what exactly it was like. But there would likely be a conflict in the wanting to describe the details of the scene, versus what is mostly likely to be noticed by the first person narrator.
    I like a lot of things that are aimed at young adults, but I think both western YA lit and this VN suffer from this. The limited perspective creates interesting space more misunderstandings and mystery, but it often creates this weird frustration with the narrator on the part of the reader.

Imagine a story where everything goes wrong, where everyone has their back against the wall, where everyone is in pain and acting selfishly because if they don’t, they’ll die.
    Imagine a story, not of good against evil, but of need against need against need, where everyone is at cross-purposes and everyone is to blame.

Other Links

Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Honestly, I haven't read many YA novels unless Harry Potter counts, so I can't quite comment on that end :I
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

basically the thing you need to just accept very early on in the f/sn vn is that shirou thinks with his dick.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glow View Post
    unless frosty's vocaroos are a lie, frosty is male
    You don't know that they aren't.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    You don't know that they aren't.
    It's not random thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    I tried to read F/SN but couldn't get past--I can't honestly remember (something something daily life in the emiya household something something Shirou: Cooking Mama something something).

Would fast forwarding through all of that cause me to miss anything important?

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    I tried to read F/SN but couldn't get past--I can't honestly remember (something something daily life in the emiya household something something Shirou: Cooking Mama something something).

It depends on the scene. Some are completely frivolous besides establishing his stay-at-home character or interactions with others, some of them have exposition worked in.

Blog Entries

What do you think? (No)

It depends on the scene. Some are completely frivolous besides establishing his stay-at-home character or interactions with others, some of them have exposition worked in.
    I mean, for his particular situation, I'm fairly sure he knows all the exposition already.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Honestly, I haven't read many YA novels unless Harry Potter counts, so I can't quite comment on that end :I
    I haven't read that many, but I liked The Hunger Games but felt that their structural choices were a major mistake for the narrative that they were trying to tell. And I think that this might also apply in this situation at times.

Honestly, I think how long everything takes is what's causing me to have such a hard time getting through it, too. But on the other hand, I think that domesticity with characters and setting a baseline for what they value when their lives aren't in danger can be used to make it matter more when their lives are in danger. But Shirou's pathological fixation on food and Girls Being Girls is sort of exhausting when it's all in his head? It's not even that his repressed fluster is a bad thing to me, as a character trait, it's just that it keeps getting rambled about.

Other Links

Spoiler: