Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Back Everyone.

Blog Entries
    A big thank you to Koto and Tobias for the contribution. Not only that, but thanks to Dark Pulse for the initial license, Evo for his work on getting us the hosting, and Altima for all his hard work as well.

I do have a pretty much full backup of the original board. If anyone would like text archives of threads, please let me know and I'll set them up. Unfortunately, threads that required a login are not able to be accessed as the accounts are tied to PB. That means the threads for stuff like Project Lacuna are locked from me.

Finally, welcome back, everyone~

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, we should really have an accessible backup somewhere, because there are quite a lot of old fanfics, threads etc. there that we're missing.

Blog Entries
    The backup is over 2.5 Gigs. I'm not sure how to break that down, to be honest.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadBuster View Post
    The backup is over 2.5 Gigs. I'm not sure how to break that down, to be honest.
    Well, I'd assume that a remarkably large chunk of that is Elder's, which we don't really need. The main thing, really, is the fanfics, because there are a lot of those which can't be found anywhere else. And, of course, all the stuff that the translation people worked on.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Fanfiction and translations seem like they would require the most attention. Plus, that's likely the stuff people care about the most, although the old fanclubs would also be a bonus as well.

Blog Entries
    Using that same print function, I can get text archives of all the old threads. Some formatting will be lost, of course, but the actual contents will be there.

Thanks, it's good to be back, and it is good to see that quite a bunch of you made it.

Welcome back.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Bargadiel's Avatar
    Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that got this place up and running again. BL has been my homepage for over a year now, even if I do lurk more than I tend to get the chance to contribute. The information here is everything from up to date, valuable, to humorously entertaining. You guys really put alot of work into it, and regardless of what any troll says it does mean quite alot.

B-But it's n-not like I l-love you or anything...!

It's good to have the forums back. I hope that all of my friends from the previous forums made it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    OK, hi again everyone. And, I'm sorry if I caused anyone any problems with my comments. Even if I had no reason to expect ProBoards to be snooping on our IRC chat, it was still fucking moronic of me to say "they deserve what they get" in response to a bomb threat, even a clearly non-serious one. Everyone on there knew damn well that I had no intention of being threatening, and anyone with a brain would have realised that it was supposed to be a private comment, but the way I said it made it very easy for them to take the whole thing out of context, and see what I said as a threat rather than as a passionate defense of freedom of speech.
    WUT?! You guys weren't serious about that?
    *looks at the mountain of explosives behind him*
    Tsk.
    Trapped within my fierce desire, resistance is futile. Screaming for your life, nowhere to hide,
    Tonight we cross the line, your innocence is mine!

Hey everyone, I hope you all enjoy the new forums!

:Goes back to read only mode:
    (Well, after the board is up and running normally)

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for bringing us back, guys - I know you worked hard to do it, and I appreciate it.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkMAN View Post
    WUT?! You guys weren't serious about that?
    *looks at the mountain of explosives behind him*
    Tsk.
    Shi -

I had my blueprints of Proboard's headquarters, too! D:

Oh well. Can't be helped.

Blog Entries
    I am deeply grateful to those who restored BL. Thank you, thank you very much.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Well, I've seen a few people on /fate/ and /jp/ and other places going "WAT HAPPENED TO BL". Particularly people watching the translation projects I'd imagine.
    I was on translation projects and I had no idea what was going on. And I forgot that /fate/ existed until CanonRap tweeted me yesterday, so the past couple of days were a little confusing.

Anyway, glad to see the site is back up. I don't read the fanfic forum, but what is the hoster's policy on that this time?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    I was on translation projects and I had no idea what was going on. And I forgot that /fate/ existed until CanonRap tweeted me yesterday, so the past couple of days were a little confusing.

Anyway, glad to see the site is back up. I don't read the fanfic forum, but what is the hoster's policy on that this time?
    Pretty sure we dont have any limits on content this time.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, the only limits here are those that we choose to impose ourselves (well, barring obvious things, like "don't post (real) CP").

I know what you've been doing, nii-san. Dark Pulse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Yeah, the only limits here are those that we choose to impose ourselves (well, barring obvious things, like "don't post (real) CP").
    This is pretty much correct.
    "Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."

Of Leaves and Lilac - Two weeks in the life of Tohno Akiha.
    Returning real soon-like!

Old Quote Crap!

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    99% of all Terminators would destroy John Connor over any other carbon-based life form.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadBuster
    Why do you think we got all these mods? So I can sit back and do jack shit, obviously!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    I propose more forumite-based words. Like Darpleosity (adj. a state of existence signified to calmly analyzing and making an argument/case in a way that defuses tensions and makes the participants in said argument look like twats for continuing on with antagonizing and/or being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn while also using good-natured humor to enhance said post).
    Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    Having been, as I3uster put it, "other clueless dude" earlier today in precisely this fashion, I'm going to have to be in favor of necromancy. Or be a hypocrite. But as a lawyer, I prefer to get paid when I indulge in hypocrisy, thank you, so I'll stick with necromancy.

[14:06] [Cruor] petri is it possible to play Phoenix III/Steppewolf without it crashing
    [14:08] [Kelnish] no
    [14:08] [Kelnish] it isn't
    [14:09] [Cruor] how can there be so many bugs
    [14:09] [Cruor] in one mod
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Because quality assurance doesn't exist anymore
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Unless it's Quality Ass, U Rance
    [14:10] [Daiki] ...
    [14:10] [I3uster] oh god dp was funny
    [14:10] [I3uster] apocalypse confirmed
    [14:10] [Wakame] the horror

Blog Entries
    how will people find this place? every google search I can think up turns up old BL instead

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    how will people find this place? every google search I can think up turns up old BL instead
    That will change with time, once Google updates itself.

Most of the members already seem to know, though, and further several other sites have details posted on them, including wakachan.