Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome Back Everyone.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome Back Everyone.

Alright guys, I'd like to welcome everyone back. We had some minor issues and all that, but we came back stronger than ever.

First off, I'd like to offer a sincere thanks to tobias and Kotonoha for their contribution.
    I'm still trying to think of a way to thank you guys.

Second, if anyone isn't aware, we had issues with our last host, so we jumped ship. It's been a stressful few days, and for all involved, I'd like to thank everyone for a fast transition.

Hopefully we can put this bit of bad times behind us and move on, no matter who may try to impede the fun here.
    So I sincerely hope to enjoy many more good times with everyone.
    Cheers!
    Last edited by Altima of the Gates; March 14th, 2011 at 10:15 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    OK, hi again everyone. And, I'm sorry if I caused anyone any problems with my comments. Even if I had no reason to expect ProBoards to be snooping on our IRC chat, it was still fucking moronic of me to say "they deserve what they get" in response to a bomb threat, even a clearly non-serious one. Everyone on there knew damn well that I had no intention of being threatening, and anyone with a brain would have realised that it was supposed to be a private comment, but the way I said it made it very easy for them to take the whole thing out of context, and see what I said as a threat rather than as a passionate defense of freedom of speech.

I know what you've been doing, nii-san. Dark Pulse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Second, if anyone isn't aware, we had issues with our last host, so we jumped ship.
    Who wouldn't know of this, I wonder...?

That said, yes, definitely thank Tobias and Kotonoha. Worship them, name children after them, sacrifice virgins in their honor, what-have-you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    OK, hi again everyone. And, I'm sorry if I caused anyone any problems with my comments. Even if I had no reason to expect ProBoards to be snooping on our IRC chat, it was still fucking moronic of me to say "they deserve what they get" in response to a bomb threat, even a clearly non-serious one. Everyone on there knew damn well that I had no intention of being threatening, and anyone with a brain would have realised that it was supposed to be a private comment, but the way I said it made it very easy for them to take the whole thing out of context, and see what I said as a threat rather than as a passionate defense of freedom of speech.
    To be fair, when we signed up, we agreed by their rules. We broke them; they pulled the plug. Such is the problem with such services.

EvoSpace has said that devoc (owner of imouto.org, who granted us the hosting) doesn't mind that stuff, and vBulletin doesn't mind it either since their license agreement mentions no restrictions on adult content (indeed, all it means is we can't list Beast's on their list of vBulletin forums - hardly a major loss), so we decide what's "acceptable" for this board or not.
    Last edited by Dark Pulse; March 14th, 2011 at 10:35 PM.
    "Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."

Of Leaves and Lilac - Two weeks in the life of Tohno Akiha.
    Returning real soon-like!

Old Quote Crap!

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    99% of all Terminators would destroy John Connor over any other carbon-based life form.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadBuster
    Why do you think we got all these mods? So I can sit back and do jack shit, obviously!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    I propose more forumite-based words. Like Darpleosity (adj. a state of existence signified to calmly analyzing and making an argument/case in a way that defuses tensions and makes the participants in said argument look like twats for continuing on with antagonizing and/or being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn while also using good-natured humor to enhance said post).
    Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    Having been, as I3uster put it, "other clueless dude" earlier today in precisely this fashion, I'm going to have to be in favor of necromancy. Or be a hypocrite. But as a lawyer, I prefer to get paid when I indulge in hypocrisy, thank you, so I'll stick with necromancy.

[14:06] [Cruor] petri is it possible to play Phoenix III/Steppewolf without it crashing
    [14:08] [Kelnish] no
    [14:08] [Kelnish] it isn't
    [14:09] [Cruor] how can there be so many bugs
    [14:09] [Cruor] in one mod
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Because quality assurance doesn't exist anymore
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Unless it's Quality Ass, U Rance
    [14:10] [Daiki] ...
    [14:10] [I3uster] oh god dp was funny
    [14:10] [I3uster] apocalypse confirmed
    [14:10] [Wakame] the horror

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    We had some minor issues and all that
    Th-The optimism... It's over 9000!
    Since when was getting your entire forum poofed into thin air a minor issue?

anyone with a brain would have realised
    I think you're on the wrong internet!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Pulse View Post
    That said, yes, definitely thank Tobias and Kotonoha. Worship them, name children after them, sacrifice virgins in their honor, what-have-you.
    Yeah, sorry, I forgot to thank you two earlier. And you too, DP, for giving us the license in the first place.

I recall being rather unimpressed when you first suggested the idea, but as it turns out your license has come in very handy. So, thanks.

To be fair, when we signed up, we agreed by their rules. We broke them; they pulled the plug. Such is the problem with such services.
    Yeah, but that's not the bit that bothers me. My problem is the way they went about it (particularly their refusal to allow backups), and how they acted afterwards.

I think you're on the wrong internet!
    Yeah, true, I guess....

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Who wouldn't know of this, I wonder...?
    Well, I've seen a few people on /fate/ and /jp/ and other places going "WAT HAPPENED TO BL". Particularly people watching the translation projects I'd imagine.

It's good to be back Altima. It's glad to be bad. ...Wait wut.

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

Blog Entries
    Well now we have learned better what needs to be done in such events. We unintentionally openly defied them, used bots to crawl and gather data behind their back, and other things.

It is a lesson that we all can learn here.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    I'm here to say hi again.

Hi.

Is good to be back

Blog Entries
    Well, not that I couldn't go for a few virgins sacrificed in my name, or to strengthen my blood magic and make me more powerful as a champion or Kirkwall, but as I said from the beginning, no thanks are nessasary, BL is my home to, I had to help!

At the very least, praise Kota, she did the most.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Well now we have learned better what needs to be done in such events. We unintentionally openly defied them, used bots to crawl and gather data behind their back, and other things.

It is a lesson that we all can learn here.
    Well, in terms of the bot usage, at least, it's a damn good thing that we did do it behind their back, because we'd never have backed up the forum otherwise (I don't think that there is a chance in hell they'd have handed a backup over to us), and I don't think we could have become compliant even if we'd wanted to (after all, you're the one who would have had to have trawled through every damn thread looking for ToS violations, and I don't think you would have wanted to do that just so we could buy ourselves a few more weeks).

I will admit, though, that in hindsight shouting "we should play them for fools and gain as much time as we can to back everything up" publically on their forum was totally and utterly idiotic of me, to the point that there aren't enough facepalm images in the world to cover it. I was under the impression that their admins had better things to do than monitor every board, but I guess that a board which has been notified of a ToS violation is always going to be looked at more closely.
    Last edited by Mike1984; March 14th, 2011 at 10:48 PM.

I know what you've been doing, nii-san. Dark Pulse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Well, not that I couldn't go for a few virgins sacrificed in my name, or to strengthen my blood magic and make me more powerful as a champion or Kirkwall, but as I said from the beginning, no thanks are nessasary, BL is my home to, I had to help!

At the very least, praise Kota, she did the most.
    Indeed. Kota was responsible for more than 50% of the cost; Tobias did the rest. (I won't go into amounts out of respect; if they choose to, that's their prerogative.)

And I felt the same way, of course, which is why I offered my license. I'll note that in less than 12 hours, you guys have already equaled about half of my old forums' output, in terms of numbers of posts. 4 1/2 years to about 4200 posts over there.

Just kind of sucks that my license didn't work as-is and we were forced to pay money anyway. I was hoping to avoid that... but I suppose in the long run it's a good thing. Unlike vBulletin 3.x, we won't have to pay for upgrades to the 4.x line. Under 3.x, that was a $30/year thing.

And I admit, some of the new stuff in 4.x (like groups) makes Fanclubs much easier to manage.
    Last edited by Dark Pulse; March 14th, 2011 at 10:55 PM.
    "Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."

Of Leaves and Lilac - Two weeks in the life of Tohno Akiha.
    Returning real soon-like!

Old Quote Crap!

99% of all Terminators would destroy John Connor over any other carbon-based life form.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadBuster
    Why do you think we got all these mods? So I can sit back and do jack shit, obviously!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    I propose more forumite-based words. Like Darpleosity (adj. a state of existence signified to calmly analyzing and making an argument/case in a way that defuses tensions and makes the participants in said argument look like twats for continuing on with antagonizing and/or being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn while also using good-natured humor to enhance said post).
    Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    Having been, as I3uster put it, "other clueless dude" earlier today in precisely this fashion, I'm going to have to be in favor of necromancy. Or be a hypocrite. But as a lawyer, I prefer to get paid when I indulge in hypocrisy, thank you, so I'll stick with necromancy.

[14:06] [Cruor] petri is it possible to play Phoenix III/Steppewolf without it crashing
    [14:08] [Kelnish] no
    [14:08] [Kelnish] it isn't
    [14:09] [Cruor] how can there be so many bugs
    [14:09] [Cruor] in one mod
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Because quality assurance doesn't exist anymore
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Unless it's Quality Ass, U Rance
    [14:10] [Daiki] ...
    [14:10] [I3uster] oh god dp was funny
    [14:10] [I3uster] apocalypse confirmed
    [14:10] [Wakame] the horror

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blackdeath6031's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Its indeed good to be back.

Thanks to all the admins, Kotonoha, Tobias and Tobi's multiple clones.

Blog Entries
    Also, to be frank, you guys amaze me. In one day you're pretty much back to snuff and posting like mad.

It's awesome.

Lavender
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    I appreciate the recognition of your actions, but I would hope you would not do something like that again.

As well as think before speaking, next time.
    Last edited by Lavender; March 14th, 2011 at 11:22 PM.

I'm not saying that we can all enjoy this new and improved forum thanks to Koto, Tobi, Dark Pulse, and the Admin staff.
    I'm not saying that Koto, Tobi, Dark Pulse, and the Admin staff have delivered us from the darkness of forum vagrancy.
    I'm not saying that from the ashes of deletion, never has a greater phoenix metaphor been personified!

...And I'm not saying that I'm totally ripping off Tony Stark. :P

Oh, it's good to be back!

"To a man with a sense of shame, his word is inviolate." Ivan The Mouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's nice to be back, guys!

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Chaos Greyblood's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I hope we do get to stick around for a long time. Hopefully some stuff will get done again because I just cannot wait!

Damn, now I have to build up being a Dark Six again...
    It's easy to believe in ideals, but it's harder to keep them when things go bad.

Hey, guys! Come visit Chaos Greyblood's Fanfiction Idea thread! Let us create stories and worlds together. :3
    Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!
    Fanfic project No. 1: The Hell Biker

Blog Entries
    Oh wow, I wasn't in the IRC so I got word of the new forum through /fate/. Koto, Tobias, Pulse, and everybody else who I need to thank, thank you for pulling this together like champions.