Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Fanfic Contests/Exchanges You Can Enter TM Works In Off BL

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I apologise profusely for my shallowness
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

love me until I love myself Prix with a Silent X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Another little exchange. This one is called chocolatebox and is sorta-Valentines themed. Its minimum is a mere 300 words, but it is intended that you'll write several treats that way since the minimum is so low. The Type Moon stuff nominated is under Fate and is as follows:

- Emiya Kiritsugu/Irisviel von Einzbern
    - Emiya Kiritsugu/Kotomine Kirei
    - Emiya Shirou/Arturia Pendragon | Saber/Tohsaka Rin
    - Emiya Shirou/Kotomine Kirei
    - Enkidu & Wolf Chimera
    - Enkidu/Gilgamesh (Fate)
    - Gilgamesh & Matou Sakura
    - Gilgamesh/Arturia Pendragon | Gilgamesh/Saber
    - Gilgamesh/Matou Sakura
    - Heroic Spirit EMIYA & Arturia Pendragon | Archer & Saber
    - Heroic Spirit EMIYA/Arturia Pendragon | Archer/Saber -
    - Irisviel von Einzbern/Arturia Pendragon | Irisviel von Einzbern/Saber
    - Kotomine Kirei & Tohsaka Rin
    - Matou Sakura & Saber Alter
    - Matou Sakura/Medusa | Matou Sakura/Rider
    - Matou Sakura/Tohsaka Rin

For this exchange, / means romantic/shippy and & means gen/platonic.

Sorry for being late and sparse with this information this time, but I've been preoccupied. You have until January 7th to sign up, so if you're interested you have two days.

Here's the link to the comm for full info: http://chocolateboxcomm.dreamwidth.org/
    Imagine that the world is made out of love. Now imagine that it isn’t.

Imagine a story where everything goes wrong, where everyone has their back against the wall, where everyone is in pain and acting selfishly because if they don’t, they’ll die.
    Imagine a story, not of good against evil, but of need against need against need, where everyone is at cross-purposes and everyone is to blame.

Blog of Fiction for You to Consume
    Other Links

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Let Sakura say fuck and eat junkfood you weirdos.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    woah, i didn't know there were other people interested in archer/saber too
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    woah, i didn't know there were other people interested in archer/saber too
    One BL writer used to ship this very solidly and I'm blanking on who. Might even have been on 1.0?

E: It's been nearly six years, what the hell.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm pretty sure it was Elf, because it was her Archer/Saber fic that brought me to BL in the first place.

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

https://youtu.be/W3KYx1WDqBw Raylen Cypher's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Ask in PM.
    Blog Entries
    I'm pretty sure it was Elf, because it was her Archer/Saber fic that brought me to BL in the first place.
    Was it this one?
    Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes
    A world where tragedy is the only measure by which a narrative holds value is not one I am going to live in even where the circumstances in a particular work are tragic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow
    If an adult themed work can have graphic slaughter and the like, it can have sex. Just do it competently if you want to go explicit.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    How dare you she's a married woman
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    No but why ask him to pull out right before the end tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    God is dead and I'm gonna kiss all his cute girl saints
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    MAMA BURST
    A Writer's Fate
    F/GO JP (Updated: 4/11/2019)

Blog Entries
    I thought Elf, but then went, "Nah, she was all about Archer/Rin". Could have been her, now I'm reminded she didn't stick to that one hundred per cent, but I still have vague inklings of someone who was actually a full-on shipper.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yup!

While I'd like to write my own Archer/Saber thing, ship fics have sorta fallen out of fashion, and idk if I'd be able to write such a thing well, so welp

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I thought Elf, but then went, "Nah, she was all about Archer/Rin". Could have been her, now I'm reminded she didn't stick to that one hundred per cent, but I still have vague inklings of someone who was actually a full-on shipper.
    I think Elf was more Archer/everyone, but yeah. Though while I can think of a few others that liked Archer/Saber, I can't think of anyone else that was a writer

https://youtu.be/W3KYx1WDqBw Raylen Cypher's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Ask in PM.
    Blog Entries
    Elf hasn't done fanfic stuff for so long, it's sorta left a hole now, lol. I've been wanting to write an Emiya story for a long time since reading Steel and Cherry Blossoms, but it's been on the back-burner.

The 2015 Fanfic contest was my chance since one of the prompts was "Sakura Sakura Sakura" but alas. Would have been funny throwing everyone for a loop.
    Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes
    A world where tragedy is the only measure by which a narrative holds value is not one I am going to live in even where the circumstances in a particular work are tragic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow
    If an adult themed work can have graphic slaughter and the like, it can have sex. Just do it competently if you want to go explicit.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    How dare you she's a married woman
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    No but why ask him to pull out right before the end tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    God is dead and I'm gonna kiss all his cute girl saints
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    MAMA BURST
    A Writer's Fate
    F/GO JP (Updated: 4/11/2019)

US Friend Code
    ask me for code
    Blog Entries
    that liked Archer/Saber, I can't think of anyone else that was a writer
    Indeed a sad truth.

Kentucky Fried Kirei, nah i'm joking. Nothin here

well, told ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    'kay
    You jest?:3

Even ▆▆ end up on that place again

The special hell on hill full of swords ---------------------------------------------------------The hill of bloody battlefield

Blog Entries
    Since exchanges have established themselves as a working model on BL, I thought it worth noting that NPT has opened sign-ups for this year. Fate's in there, per usual, with a few interesting pairings this year. (Who remembers old-school Rin/Sakura shipping?) Otherwise, you've got your pick of not-enormous fandoms, from Madoka to Overwatch. Pile on in.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

Blog Entries
    Thank you for doing my job, Seika.

Imagine a story where everything goes wrong, where everyone has their back against the wall, where everyone is in pain and acting selfishly because if they don’t, they’ll die.
    Imagine a story, not of good against evil, but of need against need against need, where everyone is at cross-purposes and everyone is to blame.

Other Links

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    I updated the OP to include three currently open (two nominations still open, one sign-ups open) fic exchanges for which at least one Type Moon series, character, or relationship might be eligible if you exercise your powers wisely. Information on the OP for:

• Darkest Night - a fic exchange for darkfic. Nominations still open. No rarity requirements. Single characters and gen and romantic relationships are eligible.
    • Fandom Growth Exchange - a fic exchange to grow tiny, tiny fandoms or characters or relationships with almost no content. Basic guiding rule is that a fandom/character/relationship has 10 or fewer complete, English language fics on AO3 or has 5 or fewer contributing authors to their available content on AO3. You'll have to do some homework for Type Moon stuff, but might be worth it if you're interested. Nominations are still open.
    • Crossovering - what it says on the tin. Nominations are closed but Fate/stay night & Related Fandoms is nominated along with a lot of other probably-interestingly-compatible fandoms if crossovers are your thing.

Other Links

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Crossovering deadline extended to the 30th if you were thinking about signing up but didn't. Info in the OP.

Other Links

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    FemSlashEx, a femslash-focused exchange, has open nominations through 10 August. (Seika I'm trying to do dates the way you like them.) I'm signed up for like six things, so I dunno if I am doing this one, but if moral support is found, would be down for it. Whether I participate or not, you can! Details in the OP about the exchange itself and what an exchange is if you're looking at this thread and don't know. Darkest Night is still open for sign-ups and Fandom Growth Exchange is supposed to open tomorrow!

Other Links

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Trick Or Treat exchange added to the OP. This exchange is very low-pressure with a minimum word count of only 300 words, though best practices would say it's really hard to tell a story in that few. There is no upper limit. Fanart is also an acceptable medium for this exchange as a gift offer or request. There are no rarity requirements. It's very open to whatever you want to make it to be. In it, you choose to offer or request "Tricks" or "Treats" (or both!). Tricks should be scary or dark - horror, supernatural, etc. Treats should be nicer and lighter - fluffy, romantic, sexy, etc. See the OP for links and things!

Other Links

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Original Post updated for Chocolate Box, a low-commitment Valentines-Day-ish exchange. As per usual, your fics don't have to be about the holiday to count. Instead, this one focuses on both / and & character relationships. There are no rarity requirements, but I've been pretty asleep on BL so I'm only posting this now and nominations close on December 29 (tomorrow) though I'm not sure of the exact hour-time. Sign-Ups will be open until January 7, though, so there you go.

Other Links

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Hey all, I updated the OP for this.

It now includes ChocolateBox 2019 - a Valentines Day-themed exchange with the small minimum word count of 300 to encourage you to write not only your assignment but also some treats. Unfortunately, nominations have already closed, but there are some Fate-things in the tag set.

I've also added one that I've never put there before: PurimGifts 2019 - a Purim exchange based on giving mishlochei manot- gift baskets of candy and treats. Sign-ups aren't even open yet (opening 03 January), and I haven't participated in years, but I think what you do is nominate / request / offer only fandoms and then your fics/podfics have to fit the criteria and spirit of the exchange. You're really supposed to leave it fairly open-ended for your author/gifter but you can clarify stuff in a Dear Author letter. To participate, you create three (3) fics/podfics of 300-1000 words and at least three (3) original, canon-based, or general-somehow-related graphics* based on a primary character who is one or more of the following: female, Jewish, or persecuted by an evil vizier.

On BL we tend to have a pretty fast and loose relationship to fanart credit for our avatars and stuff, so I just want to clarify that while you CAN draw something, you don't HAVE to, and Bad Art is sometimes part of the fun. You can make icons or use photos or canon images, but you can't do what we do and crop fanart as an avatar an call it something you made for them. That'd be shady in this context.

Other Links

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Also! Not trying to be a pain in the ass by bumping this again, but it occurred to me that if you sign up for one of these and want to let me/us know and post a link to your Dear Author Letter, that would be cool? Especially for something like ChocolateBox where treats are especially encouraged. I'll try to check in on this stuff more often, but even if I'm not here, it doesn't have to be on the OP to be useful.

Other Links

Spoiler:

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    female, Jewish, or persecuted by an evil vizier.
    No shade but, gotta say taken on its own this sounds like someone's extremely specific kink.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless