Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Fanfic Contests/Exchanges You Can Enter TM Works In Off BL

love me until I love myself Prix with a Silent X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It is because Purim is the celebration of Esther who was Jewish, female, and her people were being persecuted by an evil Vizier... It's a way to make the fic contest celebrate the holiday. Not a kink just a narrative.
    Imagine that the world is made out of love. Now imagine that it isn’t.

Imagine a story where everything goes wrong, where everyone has their back against the wall, where everyone is in pain and acting selfishly because if they don’t, they’ll die.
    Imagine a story, not of good against evil, but of need against need against need, where everyone is at cross-purposes and everyone is to blame.

Blog of Fiction for You to Consume
    Other Links

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Let Sakura say fuck and eat junkfood you weirdos.

Blog Entries
    nasu genderbend pilate
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    I admit I've never heard of the Purim. Strangely, the character I find the most interesting in that story is Vashti.

Blog Entries
    Vashti is interesting because some people will read it as some kind of promotion of passive woman/wifehood. She refused to obey her husband's every whim, so she got divorced an demoted. However, based on how Esther does use a certain kind of feminine powerbrokering from her attained position and it's clear that the king was drunk and asking Vashti to dance, it is likely that this "dancing" was more like "hey do a strip tease in front of me and my bros!" and Vashti was like "um, no," so it is showing a theme of, like, how precarious power was for women even when they were in the right. Esther is awesome.

Anyway, I updated the OP with the missing links, and I would also like to share this link of theirs explaining the rhyme and reason behind their sign-up: http://purimgifts.tumblr.com/howtosignup

Also, an issue I have had that you might face if you have ever signed up for purimgifts before is that my old nominations from, like, 2014 are still on the "new" nominations form. I'm not sure what's up with that, but I've asked the mods to take a look as they see fit. It shouldn't be a problem to move forward with nominations, though, because they give you 20 fandom slots and most of us don't have that many unless you wanna nominate every rare book you've ever read.

Also, reminder to please link your Dear Author letters for ChocolateBox or PurimGifts here if you end up doing them???

Imagine a story where everything goes wrong, where everyone has their back against the wall, where everyone is in pain and acting selfishly because if they don’t, they’ll die.
    Imagine a story, not of good against evil, but of need against need against need, where everyone is at cross-purposes and everyone is to blame.

Other Links

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    OP updated for Not Primetime. Nominations are still open for a couple of days! (April 15 is closing day.) Should be a good exchange to nominate Fate/stay night (all media types), Fate/Zero, and Fate/Grand Order characters and relationships for.

Other Links

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    OP updated with Trick or Treat exchange 2019 nominations open.

I hope to continue work on the fic rec thing when I'm back in Japan, this time with a functioning computer.

Other Links

Spoiler: