Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fighting Game Movesets

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Fighting Game Movesets

You guys may not know, but before making Servant sheets my previous obsession was fighting game movesets for various characters (mostly anime and manga). Despite me never having played a single fighting game in my life. Yeah. But anyways, I actually churned out quite a few of these which I posted across various forums (getting little attention overall). I even tried putting them up in a specifically Blazblue oriented forum in the hope of getting more attention, but by the time I got there the whole scene was practically dead.

Catching up on Rwby rekindled my fighting game fanboyism a little, so I might actually get back to making a few of these (especially since I seem to have run out of new Servant ideas for the time being). Here's one I just put together this evening, Blake Belladona from Rwby in Blazblue style. If I get feedback then I may end up posting some of my older ones, otherwise I might just let this die.

Blake Belladonna:

Appearance:

Playstyle: A ninja-like character that specializes in flurries of fast but weak attacks and has relatively low defense to offset her high movement speed. Through her Drive, she has quite a bit of potential for faking out the opponent and even a single moment of confusion in the heat of battle can be taken advantage of by a skilled Blake player. Her ability to 'fake out' several of her specials by inputting D also insures to keep the opponent on their toes.

History: Blake used to be part of the Faun terrorist group 'White Fang', under the leadership of Adam Taurus. Disturbed by Adam's callousness towards civilian life, she quit the organization and joined Beacon, a military school to train hunters and huntresses against inhuman monsters known as 'Grimm'. But will Blake's clouded past come back to haunt her...?

Personality: A calm, serious and introverted girl with a bookish streak. She hates discrimination and has a fierce sense of justice. Has a tendency to push herself to the brink in stressful situations. Has mixed feelings about her Faunus heritage, which is both a source of pride for her but also a sense of deep loneliness, that she's inherently 'different' and apart from others (even her friends).

Actions:

Standing: Blake stands in place, one hand on her hip and the other resting on Gambol Shroud's hilt.

Walking: Struts forward in a vaguely feline manner.

Crouching: Kneels down with a hand on Gambol Shroud's hilt.

Blocking: Raises Gambol Shroud in front of her, defending herself with the sheath.

Dashing: Rushes forwards with arms out at her sides, ninja-style.

Back-Dash: Does a twirling hop backwards.

Burst: Spins with Gambol Shroud drawn, projecting a violet shockwave around her.

Intro: Falls in from off-screen, landing in a cat-like crouch before rising to her feet and taking Gambol Shroud off her shoulder.

Victory: Turns her back to the downed opponent and whips off her hair ribbon, revealing her cat ears as her dark hair billows in the wind.

Loss: Lands on her side, dislodging the ribbon from her hair. Her hand still grips lightly to Gambol Shroud.

Time-Out Loss: Vanishes from the stage, leaving a shadow-clone which quickly fades.

Taunt: Draws Gambol Shroud and twirls it in front of her quickly before putting it back.

Idle: Starts to meow, quickly catches herself by clamping a hand over her mouth and tries to pretend as if nothing happened.

Intro Quotes:
    "Shall we begin?"
    "I won't hold back against you."
    (VS Ruby) "Let's see how strong you've gotten, team leader."
    (VS Weiss) "Wonder how self-righteous you'll act after I beat you."
    (VS Yang) "Make any 'cat' jokes, and I really will kill you."
    (VS Torchwick) "I'll stop you here and now, Torchwick...!"
    (VS Adam) "Taurus! This is wrong! You have to stop!"

Victory Quotes:
    "Hmph. Too easy."
    "Shall we go again?"
    (VS Ruby) "Looks like you need a little more training. No offense, Ruby."
    (VS Weiss) "Unlike you, I know what a real battlefield looks like, princess."
    (VS Yang) "That was... fun."
    (VS Torchwick) "Now to turn you in..."
    (VS Adam) "Old friend... I'm sorry, but this had to be done..."

Loss Quotes:
    "No... not here...!"
    "I... wasn't strong enough...?"
    (VS Ruby) "...You've gotten stronger, Ruby."
    (VS Weiss) "Can't believe I let her of all people beat me..."
    (VS Yang) "You got a little sloppy, Yang."
    (VS Torchwick) "Not to that bastard...!"
    (VS Adam) "Adam... you... have to... stop...!"

Drive: Shadow
    Blake's Drive allows her to leave shadowy, intangible after-images in her wake to confuse her enemies. These after-images can additionally be given an elemental 'affinity' through one of her Special Moves, for one of three distinct effects. Only one after-image can be deployed on-screen at a time.

Overdrive: Shadow Trace
    After-images remain in existence for several seconds more. Can leave multiple after-images consecutively, with up to four allowed on-screen at a time.

Normal Moves:

5a: A quick strike with Gambol Shroud's hilt.
    2a: Sticks out her leg for a short, low kick.
    6a: Uppercut slash with her sheathed sword. Launches.
    j.5a: Quick hilt strike in midair.
    5b: Twirling diagonal swipe with unsheathed sword.
    2b: Low swipe with the scabbard at ankle-level.
    6b: Flips forwards acrobatically while slashing twice. Hits overhead.
    j.5b: Slashes with the scabbard and sword in unison, hitting twice.
    j.5bb: Follows with a midair kick, knocking opponent away.
    5c: Wide horizontal swipe with the chain-scythe. Pulls opponent in on hit.
    2c: Swings the chain-scythe low to the ground. Amazing range. Trips on hit.
    6c: Lashes the chain-scythe all around her in a vertical 360 degree circle. Hits up to five times.
    j.5c: Twirling slash with the chain-scythe at a steep downwards angle.
    j.2c: Midair twisting slash, knocks down on air hit.

Throws:

Forward Throw: Grabs opponent, slashes them a few times with sword and scabbard, then kicks them away.

Backward Throw: Grabs opponent and dashes 'through' them with a horizontal slash, ending up behind them with backs opposite one another. Staggers.

Aerial Throw: Grabs opponent's head between her legs, twists it around with a sickening 'snap' sound and then hurls them to the ground.
    "Don't worry. This won't kill you."

Drives:

5d: Twirls forward one character length, leaving an after-image in her wake.
    2d: Lunges forward close to the ground in a feline fashion, leaving an after-image in her wake. Covers the same distance as 5d.
    6d: Dashes forwards, leaving an after-image where she started. Crosses as much distance as her regular dash.
    4d: A twirling hop backwards, leaving an after-image where she started.
    7d: Jumps forwards in a wide arc, leaving an after-image where she started.
    1d: Jumps backwards in a wide arc, leaving an after-image where she started.
    j.5d: Lunges forwards in the air, leaving an after-image where she started. Covers slightly less distance then her regular air-dash.
    j.2d: Dives downwards from the air, leaving an after-image where she started.
    j.4d: Flips backwards in the air, leaving an after-image where she started.

Special Moves:

Lock & Load (in air okay): Blake loads Gambol Shroud with a specialized Dust cartridge, lending an elemental affinity to the next after-image she produces through her Drive. A colored aura surrounding her body indicates the affinity in question, vanishing after she expends it. A has her load up with a 'fire' cartridge, making her next after-image a fiery one which explodes if the opponent or any projectiles make contact with it, handy as a trap. B has her load up with an 'earth' cartridge, turning her next after-image into a stone statue that opponents can't pass through, withstanding up to one melee attack or projectile before shattering. Useful as a shield. C version has her load Gambol Shroud with an 'ice' cartridge, so her next after-image takes form as an ice sculpture that doesn't intercept projectiles but freezes the opponent momentarily if they touch it, similarly to Jin's Drive. She's left vulnerable for a moment while loading up the cartridge though, so be wary.

Tempest Slash: Blake slides forward while slashing all around her with Gambol Shroud, leaving a 'shockwave' of slashes in her wake. Passes through projectiles. A, B and C versions vary the range and number of hits. D version is a fake-out, sending an illusory after-image to do the slashes while she remains in place.

Sky Sever: Rises into the air at great speed with an acrobatic twisting uppercut slash, leaving a violet arc in the air. Basically her variant of the Shoryuken. A, B and C versions vary the distance covered and number of hits. D version just sends an intangible after-image while she remains standing, a fake out.

Vanishing Point (in air okay): After making a ninja-like hand-sign, Blake instantly switches places with her doppelganger on-screen (assuming there is one). In Overdrive mode where there can be more then one after-image on-screen at a time, the one she goes to is determined by where you point the controller stick after initiating the move.

Gambol Raid (in air okay): Fires her ballistic chain-scythe ahead of her in a straight line. If it connects, pressing A or B will have her either pull the opponent up to her or else pull herself towards them, followed by emptying a clip from its built-in pistol into their chest and kicking herself away. In the air she aims the scythe at a 45 degree downwards angle to snare grounded opponents.

Cyclonic Edge (in air only): Blake does a flurry of twisting slashes all around herself in midair, racking up multiple hits. B version has her use both sword and scabbard at once to increase number of hits, while C version has her perform the slashes with her chain-scythe for greatly enhanced range (about a third of the screen in all directions).

Distortion Drives:

Crescent Rend: Blake slashes upwards in a sweeping arc, rending the air and producing a large violet crescent-shaped blade of aura that flies forwards. Blake's only projectile and a quite powerful one, travelling the whole length of the screen and overwriting any other projectiles in its way. But it has a more telegraphed startup then many of her other moves.

Ignition Raid: Blake starts out by firing her chain-scythe ahead of her like in her Gambol Raid technique. If it connects, she automatically pulls herself up close, flip-kicks the target into the air along with herself and executes a short barrage of midair slashes, knocking them back to the ground with an arcing downwards swipe. Once the initial hit connects, the subsequent ones are impossible to avoid.

Astral Finish
    :

Grimalkin Frenzy: Blake lunges forwards with a zig-zagging slash. If it connects, she vanishes from sight, leaving the opponent standing with a confused look. Then the screen zooms out to show countless shadowy, yet still tangible after-images in the air all around the target, converging from all sides for a simultaneous cross slash which projects a violet 'X' symbol against the background. Basically her variant of Dantes's 'Enfer Chateau D'if' from Grand Order.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    You guys may not know, but before making Servant sheets my previous obsession was fighting game movesets for various characters (mostly anime and manga).
    Oh I know...
    I know
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Tch. Dang it, I accidentally posted this in the TM Doujins Project section instead of the all-purpose one (to be fair, they are labeled exactly the same). Should I repost this, or is it fine where it is?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Oh I know...
    I know
    Do you actually know me on other forums? It wouldn't exactly be hard, I mean I do still go by 'RoydGolden'. Not giving too much away just in case you don't, though...

By the way, for any fighting game fans out here, I'd appreciate some commentary on Blake. Thanks!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Do you actually know me on other forums? It wouldn't exactly be hard, I mean I do still go by 'RoydGolden'. Not giving too much away just in case you don't, though...
    so much for trying to creep people out
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    so much for trying to creep people out
    Don't feel bad. You creeped me out plenty the first time you pulled that trick.

I'm like Heracles. You can't expect the same trick to pierce my defenses more then once.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Awww, I thought this was a thread where I could shit on charge characters, despite the fact I really enjoy playing their brand of bullshit.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Now that this thread exists I might as well post one of my oldest (and personal favorite) sheets here. For one of my favorite ever anime characters, even my personal hero(ine). Well okay, that's exaggerating a little. But still, she's pretty awesome. Say hello to Ryuko Matoi, everybody!

Fair warning, some of the quotes may contain spoilers for the Kill La Kill anime series, so first time viewers beware! Shield your virgin eyes!!

Ryuko Matoi:

Appearance
    :

And for her transformed state:

Playstyle: A prototypical rushdown character who excels in charging in and delivering fast and powerful attacks, befitting her hot-blooded personality. Unusually for a 'main protagonist' fighter she has no standard projectile and is thus a more purely focused rushdown fighter then most Shotas. She does have an uppercut though. Can't forget that. Since her Drive allows for controlled flight, Ryuko naturally has a very strong air game.

History: Ryuko's mother is initially presumed to have died after she was born and her relationship with her father, Isshin Matoi, was strained and distant. Ryuko spent her early childhood living in the dorms of Ox Elementary School as her father focused solely on his studies. A lack of guidance and being bullied by others, Ryuko became a juvenile delinquent, constantly getting into fights and even going so far as to join a gang. Six months before enrolling at Honnoji Academy she received a message from her father and returned to her home only to find him bleeding to death with a red Scissor Blade plunged into his chest. Isshin told her up front that if she wanted to live a peaceful life, that she should get up and walk away, but if she wanted to 'fight' in his place she should take the blade, for as long as she had it she would surely be able to find his killer. Before Isshin could provide Ryuko with further information she caught sight of a shadowy female figure out of the corner of her eye wielding the other half of the Scissor Blade. Ryuko dashed outside the house but was unable to apprehend the fleeing woman. Before she could get back in an explosive device of some kind detonated and lit the house ablaze. Ryuko watched in horror, screaming for her father, but to no avail. Vowing revenge Ryuko became a wandering vagrant looking for clues behind the killer's identity and whereabouts.

Personality: Ryuko has a relatively simple personality: fierce and stubborn. She fears little, which is demonstrated when she directly and disrespectfully addresses Satsuki Kiryuin, demanding that her questions be answered, and when she fights Takaharu Fukuroda even though she is clearly overpowered. Later on she is shown to be quite embarrassed when she is forced to fight in Senketsu's very revealing alternate form, though she overcomes her embarrassment in Episode 3 showing that while she is not afraid of fighting to her death, she is somewhat self-conscious. She shows fierce determination in finding her father's killer.

Actions:

Intro No.1: Ryuko pulls the latch on the red glove on her left hand, sliding it sharply across her wrist to draw her blood and allow her and Senketsu to perform Life Fiber Synchronization. Upon this happening, small flashes of light surround Ryuko before disappearing, revealing her in her transformed state. She then draws her scissor blade and enters her fighting stance.

Intro No.2: Ryuko starts off wearing a form-obscuring beige cloak before whipping it off and shredding it into confetti with her scissor blade, revealing her in her transformed state.

Intro (VS Satsuki): Ryuko and Satsuki both activate their Kamui's and lung at each other from opposite ends of the screen, exchanging a flurry of slashes before repelling each other back to their starting positions, upon which they exchange lines.

Intro (VS Mako): Mako comes flying in from behind to tackle-hug Ryuko (Ryuuuuko-chan~!) who leans out of the way, sending her careening to the opposite side of the screen. She gets up unhurt, Ryuko does her normal first intro and they exchange lines.

Intro (Vs Nui): Ryuko clenches her gloved hand, popping the latch from sheer rage before transforming and lunging at Nui with a frenzied series of slashes, each effortlessly blocked by the other girl who then knocks her back to the opposite side of the screen where they exchange lines.

Victory No.1: Shows her de-transform, stab the scissor blade into the ground and lean on it with a casual grin on her face.

Victory No.2: Ryuko de-transforms and twirls the scissor blade around her finger as it folds into a more compact form upon which she puts it in her pocket.

Loss: Falls backwards while dropping her scissor blade.

Time-Up Loss: Ryuko de-transforms and clenches her fist while gritting her teeth in rage.

Standing: Ryuko stands with her scissor blade across her shoulders.

Dashing: Ryuko propels herself forward with the thrusters on Senketsu's back.

Blocking: Ryuko holds the scissor blade in front of her, blade facing down.

Idle: Looks at Senketsu and says something.

Taunt: Ryuko pulls out a lemon and bites into it as if it were an apple, smirking coolly.

Burst: Ryuko faces the screen with a determined expression and activates Senjin form, countless blades and claws sprouting from Senketsu.

Battle Quotes: (Note: text in red is for Senketsu speaking, normal text is for Ryuko)

Match-Start Quotes:
    "You ready Senketsu? "Ready, Ryuko."
    "You must have some crappy luck, having to fight me."
    (VS Satsuki) "I'm gonna make you tell me where the other half of this scissor is Kiryuin!"
    (VS Mako) "How about when this is over we both have some of your mom's croquettes huh Mako?"
    (VS Nui) "Nui... YOU STINKING BITCH!!!"
    (VS Tsumugu) "Stop trying to strip me you damn perv!"
    (VS Uzu) "Time to finish what we started once and for all."
    (VS Aikuro) "Stop being so damn cryptic!"

Victory Quotes:
    "Don't get in my way."
    "Hey Senketsu, I wonder if you can drink that guy's blood too..." "Ryuko!" "Just kidding yeesh..."
    (VS Satsuki) "Now to get some answers out of you..."
    (VS Mako) "I have to admit, that was fun Mako." "How did she...?" "It's Mako, don't even bother asking."
    (VS Nui) "Dad... I've finally done it. You're avenged."
    (VS Tsumugu) "Senketsu's not just clothes, he's my friend too you bastard."
    (VS Uzu) "I guess those eyes of yours couldn't see your own defeat huh?"
    (VS Aikuro) "Who does that guy think he is showing so much skin like that? "You're one to talk Ryuko." "Hey, cut it out! It's not like I choose to dress this way!"

Loss Quotes:
    "It's... not... over...."
    "Dad... I'm sorry..."
    (VS Nui) "No... not when I'm this close..."
    (VS Tsumugu) "Senketsu... don't go..."
    (VS Aikuro) "What are you hiding from me...?"

Time Up Loss Quotes:
    "Damn it, out of time?!"
    "Don't think this is over!"
    (VS Satsuki) "I'll take that ambition of yours, and grind it into the dirt!"
    (VS Nui) "No! Not now Senketsu!" "I'm sorry, Ryuko."
    (VS Uzu) "There's no way this counts as a loss!"

Taunt Quotes:
    "Come on already, this is getting boring."
    "I'm waiting."
    (VS Satsuki) "I'll get my answers even if I have to rip them from your goddamned throat Kiryuin!"
    (VS Nui) "Nui... YOU'RE GONNA PAY FOR WHAT YOU DID TO MY DAD!"
    (VS Tsumugu) "If you want Senketsu you'll have to pry him off my corpse!"
    (VS Uzu) "I'm not running away this time!"
    (VS Aikuro) "Is this a fight, or a stripshow?"

Idle Quotes:
    "Senketsu, can you hear my heartbeat?" "Yes, Ryuko."
    "You’ve been eating too many of those croquettes, Ryuko.” "What the hell, I've told you get off my case about that!"
    (VS Nui) "You're blood is boiling, Ryuko." "I DON'T FRIGGIN' CARE!"
    (VS Tsumugu) "Don't worry Senketsu, I won't let that bastard get his hands on you."

Burst Quotes:
    "Senketsu Senjin!"
    "Hands off, jerk!"
    (VS Mako) "Um, personal space please?"
    (VS Satsuki) "You caterpillar eyebrow bitch!"
    (VS Tsumugu) "I'm not letting you take Senketsu!"
    (VS Nui) *Gutteral scream of rage*
    (VS Aikuro) "What kind of name is Nudist freakin' Beach?!"

Drive: Shippu
    Ryuko's Drive allows her to access Shippu, Senketsu's flight mode. Just holding D in the air will keep her hovering there at the expense of slowly draining her Heat. Pressing any direction + D will make her do a quick air-dash in that direction, this costs a bit more Heat than just hovering. Ryuko can use her air normals while flying, but cannot block.

Normal Moves:

5a: Ryuko grips the scissor by the blade and does a straight jab with the hilt.
    5aa: Ryuko flips the scissor blade around, grips it by the hilt and smashes the flat against the opponent's side.
    2a: Ryuko grips the scissor by the blade and does a straight jab with the hilt while crouching.
    6a: Ryuko does an uppercut with the flat of the scissor blade. Launches.
    j.5a: Ryuko grips the scissor by the blade and does a straight jab with the hilt in midair.
    5b: Ryuko sucker punches the opponent. Wallbounces on counter hit.
    2b: Ryuko stabs low with the scissor blade.
    6b: Ryuko twirls her scissor blade around her hand once hitting the opponent with the blade as it spins.
    j.5b: Ryuko does a straight kick in midair.
    5c: Ryuko slashes the scissor blade in a vertical arc.
    2c: Ryuko grips the scissor blade in reverse and does a sweeping low slash at the opponent's ankles.
    6c: Ryuko does a twirling hop forward in Senjin mode, attacking with the form's bladed skirt. Hits overhead.
    j.5c: Ryuko slashes downwards with the scissor blade in a diagonal arc.

Throws:

Forward Throw: Ryuko lifts up the opponent with one hand and activates her scissor blade's decapitation mode to pierce their chest.
    Backward Throw: Ryuko hooks the opponent with the scissor blade and spins around before sending them flying away behind her. Causes wallbounce in the corner.
    Aerial Throw: Ryuko grabs the opponent with one hand and hurls them to the ground.

Special Moves:

Scissor Blade-
    Rising Fang
    Josho Kiba
    : SHORYUKEN! Ryuko does a rising upward slash, pulling her high into the air along with the opponent (on hit). Hits up to five times.

Axe Drop
    Ono Rakka
    (in air only) (after Scissor Blade- Josho Kiba): Ryuko follows with a fierce axe kick that knocks the opponent back down to the ground.

Scissor Blade-
    Rough Divide
    Arai Hanasu
    : Ryuko runs forward with her scissor blade held at her side, blade pointing backward before executing a quick slash horizontally. The A version goes quarterscreen, the B version goes midscreen and the C version, fullscreen.

Scissor Blade- Decapitation Mode: Ryuko hops forward and fully extends her scissor blade for a sweeping downward slash that covers much of the area in front of her. Big slow overhead. Knocks down on ground hit and groundbounces on air hit.

Blade Flash
    Senjin
    : Ryuko activates Senjin form, extending numerous blades diagonally upwards to pierce an airborne opponent before retracting and letting them fall to the ground. Anti-air that misses on grounded opponents.

Scissor Blade-
    Vengeful Arrow
    Fukushu Yajirushi
    : Ryuko attaches a red thread to her scissor blade's handle, twirls it overhead and flings it forward blade-first before pulling it back along with the opponent (on hit). If whiffed or blocked she'll be left vulnerable for a moment while retracting the thread.

Scissor Blade-
    Diving Fang
    Sensui Kiba
    (in air only): Ryuko does a diving stab with her scissor blade, hitting multiple times on the way down. Works like Ragna's Belial Edge move.

Distortion Drives:

Outta my way!: Ryuko gets on her motorbike and drives forward, ramming the opponent with it and hitting multiple times before braking into them, causing wallbounce.

Scissor Blade-
    Blood Gale
    Ketsueki Kyofu
    : Ryuko twirls her scissor blade a few times before slashing a shockwave of red energy across the screen. Her only projectile, travelling the length of the screen and coming out relatively fast. Even if the move is blocked, the opponent is pushed back a little making this move good for putting some distance between you and the opponent.

Time to get even more reckless!: Senketsu's eye swells to enormous size before crashing down on the opponent, covering the whole screen in front of Ryuko. Fullscreen overhead that deals quite a bit of damage even on block, but has an extremely slow startup.

Astral Finish:

Finishing Move-
    Thread Stripper
    Sen i Soshitsu
    : Ryuko shifts her scissor blade into Decapitation Mode and does a dashing stab forward. If it connects, she'll end up behind the opponent who's enveloped in a pillar of yellow light which then dissipates to show them in the air with their clothing shredded to pieces as they fall to the ground. Instead of the usual ASTRAL FINISH! message the words Sen i Soshitsu appear in giant red kanji. Ryuko's instant kill. It has high priority, interupting most attacks and passing through all but the highest level projectiles. However it's easily telegraphed and is really only feasible if the opponent's been stunned first. Each character displays a unique reaction to being Sen i Soshitsu'd (Ryuko herself will lie on her back in her underwear clutching tightly to a scrap of Senketsu, Gamagoori will try to commit seppuku out of shame, Sanageyama will try to keep fighting despite being naked, et cetera).

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Whoops, forgot about this. It's moved now!
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    These are pretty neat. What others do you have? I do think it'd be cool if someone who actually knew fighting games well could offer feedback, since I find this sort of thing really interesting.

Sorry if this counts as necroing. I feel somewhat safe since this board is super slow, but if I'm wrong just lemme know.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AkaiNeko View Post
    These are pretty neat. What others do you have? I do think it'd be cool if someone who actually knew fighting games well could offer feedback, since I find this sort of thing really interesting.

Sorry if this counts as necroing. I feel somewhat safe since this board is super slow, but if I'm wrong just lemme know.
    Wow, somebody actually replied after all this time! While it's rather unexpected, I certainly don't mind the warm reception.

From what you said, are you somebody knowledgeable in fighting games who could offer feedback? I could post up some of my old stuff here if you'd want (they were actually quite a few), though it's been frankly ages since I've last put any thought into my old fighting game stuff (nowadays my hobby is Servant creation).

Blog Entries
    Wow, somebody actually replied after all this time! While it's rather unexpected, I certainly don't mind the warm reception.

From what you said, are you somebody knowledgeable in fighting games who could offer feedback? I could post up some of my old stuff here if you'd want (they were actually quite a few), though it's been frankly ages since I've last put any thought into my old fighting game stuff (nowadays my hobby is Servant creation).

Oh, no, I'm sorry. I mean, I probably know more than your average rando off the street, but I'm not particularly knowledgeable about fighting games. Or good at them, for that matter. But I like BlazBlue a lot, and I've played a fair amount of Persona Arena, and variously small amounts of Guilty Gear, SkullGirls, Melty Blood, Street Fighter, Marvel, Soul Calibur, Tekken, and probably others. Soooo....whatever that's worth?

Off the top of my head, what are you going for with each character? I mean, Blake seems simple enough ("more-or-less a ninja"), and I think Ryuko's a shoto, but like beyond that. Also yeah, I'd be fine looking at more.

Blog Entries
    Oh, no, I'm sorry. I mean, I probably know more than your average rando off the street, but I'm not particularly knowledgeable about fighting games. Or good at them, for that matter. But I like BlazBlue a lot, and I've played a fair amount of Persona Arena, and variously small amounts of Guilty Gear, SkullGirls, Melty Blood, Street Fighter, Marvel, Soul Calibur, Tekken, and probably others. Soooo....whatever that's worth?

Off the top of my head, what are you going for with each character? I mean, Blake seems simple enough ("more-or-less a ninja"), and I think Ryuko's a shoto, but like beyond that. Also yeah, I'd be fine looking at more.
    Blake was intended to be a tricky ninja-type character in the lines of Chip from Guilty Gear. Ryuko was intended as an easy-to-control protagonist-type character with simple, but powerful moves. So... pretty much what you said, really.

If you're interested, I might actually start posting up some of my old stuff here sometime. Oh thread, rise from your grave mwahahaahahaa!!! *shot*

Blog Entries
    Aw heck, now that this thread is actually getting attention for once I might as well update with another one of my old sheets. This one's Murmur, from the anime/manga series Future Diary. Enjoy!

Murmur:

Appearance:

Playstyle: Murmur's a small and agile character armed with a variety of projectile based attacks. Because of her unusual "standing" animation she's generally immune to high/low mixups. To balance this out she has very low defense and weak normal moves. She has a strong air game, most of her special moves being usable in the air. A skilled Murmur player excels in pestering the opponent with attacks from all directions, rarely allowing them to get within striking range. A playstyle just as insufferable to foes as her personality.

Personality: Akin to her appearance Murmur is a childish individual who seeks nothing more than to have fun with the survival game. She also is quite mischievous and more than in one occasion has been seen disguising herself as other people (and is actually mistaken to be the real one), to sneak in places for seemingly no reason at all. She's also known to be an avid manga reader and it is suggested she reads mostly shoujo manga.

Despite these peculiar quirks, Murmur has shown to be in fact a manipulative, cunning, and sneaky individual who plots behind Deus and uses the other participants in the way she sees fit to make the game more fun for her, thus indicating she has little if any loyalty towards Deus, although she does respect the game rules and does not use Deus powers for herself.

She also seems to belittle humans, or at the very least non-participants, believing the likes of Akise Aru to be unfit to enter the Cathedral of Causality, seemingly being homophobic towards him, although it might because he is really Deus's Observer in the game.

Actions:

Murmur's intro has her start off wearing white panties, a pink vest with white trim and white baggy leg warmers before entering her combat outfit depicted under "Appearance".

Murmur's intro against Minene has her and Minene rapidly appearing at different parts of the screen and trading incredibly fast punches and kicks Dragon Ball Z style before returning to their respective sides and giving their quotes.

Murmur's victory animation has her change back into the aformentioned outfit and strike a cutesy pose.

Murmur's time-up loss animation has her throw a temper tantrum on the ground.

Murmur's "standing" animation actually has her float a few inches above the ground, level with a normal sized opponent's torso. Because of this, low attacks will generally whiff on her.

Murmur's crouching animation has her crouch on all fours in a feline posture.

Murmur's Taunt animation has her pull out a large cob of corn and gnaw on it. She'll drop it if she's hit during the animation.

Murmur's idle animation has her pull out a shoujo manga and start reading it, periodically flipping pages. If crouching she'll kick her heels back and forth while doing so.

Murmur's blocking animation shows numerous shadowy arms crossing in front of her to form a shield. Looks sorta' like Morrigan's Jumping Heavy Punch from Darkstalkers.

Murmur's Burst animation shows her hold up Deus's core and release a purple shockwave from it.

Battle Quotes:

Intro Quotes:

"The marvelous Murmur enters the stage!"

"I'm Deus's loyal retainer, Murmur!"

(VS Yukiteru) "For someone Deus has such confidence in, you don't look like very much First."

(VS Yuno) "Let's see how good you've gotten Second!"

(VS Minene) "Impossible! Just how are you still alive Ninth!?"

(VS Akise) "Not going to lie, the way you look at First really gives me the heeby jeebies..."

(VS herself) "Is this another timeline's Murmur?"

Victory Quotes:

"Aw, you're broken already?"

"That was fun! Not so much for you though..."

(VS Yukiteru) "Just what does Deus see in this dweeb?"

(VS Yuno) "You're going to have to try harder if you wanna win this game Second!"

(VS Minene) "This was the most fun I've had in ages!"

(VS Akise) "Don't interfere in the game!"

(VS herself) "This better not result in a time paradox..."

Loss Quotes:

"I lost, seriously?"

"This isn't fun anymore!"

(VS Yukiteru) "No way did I lose to this dweeb..."

(VS Yuno) "At this rate you're all set to win this game Second!"

(VS Minene) "Since when did you get so damn strong?"

(VS herself) "I lost to... myself? I'm confused..."

Drive: Sphere Of Deus

Murmur's Drive allows her to summon and control a large metallic grey sphere. 5d summons the sphere and it can be controlled by inputting directional commands plus D. Only five inputs can be given per summoning of the sphere, after which it will fade away from the stage and need to be summoned back.

Normal Moves:

5a: a quick punch.

2a: a low poke with her tail.

6a: swipes her hand upwards, three shadowy hands emerging from the ground to follow her motion. Launches.

j.5a: same as her regular 5a, but in midair.

5b: a front kick.

2b: a low swipe with her hand, almost like a pawing gesture.

6b: a spin kick, pulling her forward a bit.

j.2b: a cartoonish flurry of downward kicks. Hits thrice.

5c: a bunch of shadow spears extend out from her cape to pierce the opponent. Think Morrigan's Standing Heavy Punch from Darkstalkers.

2c: phases her hand into the ground, causing a spike of black and purple streaked energy to erupt in front of her at an angle.

6c: Murmur floats slightly upward and punches down on the opponent from above. Hits high.

3c: while crouching, Murmur pivots her body around for a spinning double leg sweep that knocks down on hit.

j.5c: outstretches her hand, releasing a surge of darkness which branches out into numerous shadowy hands reaching downwards.

j.2c: does a front flip, kicking the opponent down with her heel.

Throw: shadowy hands grab the opponent and throw them into the air.

Drives:

5d: Murmur holds up her hand, summoning a large metallic grey sphere above her head. On its own the sphere just kinda' hovers in place, disappearing after a moment or two unless further input is given. The sphere acts as a projectile and can damage the opponent even while floating in place.

2d/j.2d/6d/j.6d/4d/j.4d/8d/j.8d: sends the sphere hurtling in the respective direction. It goes a certain distance and then stops, awaiting further input.

Special Moves:

Flight Of Eligos (in air okay): works like Flight in Marvel VS Capcom. Lasts for only a brief time (a few seconds or so).

Trumpet Of Gremory (in air okay): Murmur takes her trumpet from her hip and blows into it, sending a sonic blast across the screen. In the air it goes at a 45 degree downwards angle.

Nails Of Valefar (in air okay): Murmur conjures multiple nail shaped projectiles made of dark energy which float at her sides before firing like rockets across the screen one after another. They have slight homing properties. A version makes two of them, B version makes four and C version makes six. Pressing A+B+C+D simultaneously while they're out will make them all fire in unison.

Binds Of Barbatos (in air okay): Murmur conjures a stream of black and purple streaked energy from her arm and flings it forward like a whip to snare the opponent. On hit she spins them around her a few times before sending them flying into a wallbounce. Despite looking like a command throw, it's actually a projectile and blockable.

Trap Of Naberius: Murmur raises her hand, causing a pitch black sphere to rise up from the ground at torso level. After a moment countless slitted eyes open around the sphere which then bulges outwards and explodes in a fireball. Knocks the opponent up into the air on hit. The sphere itself is harmless until detonated. If a projectile hits the sphere it'll detonate it prematurely. A version raises the sphere right in front of Murmur, B version raises it halfway across the screen and C version raises it on the other side of the screen.

Vanishment Of Focalor: Murmur phases into the ground, reappearing at one of three positions depending on the button. A version has Murmur reappear in front of the opponent, B version has her reappear behind and C version has her reappear where she was before as a fakeout.

Distortion Drives:

Seal Release: Murmur flies forward. If it connects, the shackles on her wrists shatter, unleashing her full power. Her eyes turn wide and bloodshot and she grins maniacally while bombarding the opponent with a barrage of incredibly fast punches and kicks from all directions before flip kicking them into the air, flying up after them doing a front flipping kick with both legs, bringing both her and the opponent to the ground (think a reverse flash kick motion). The shackles then reappear on Murmur's wrists and she goes back to her normal cutesy appearance.
    *Unintelligible feral noises*

Hand Of Dantalian: Murmur phases both hands into the ground causing a giant shadowy hand to emerge from underneath the opponent. On hit it encloses around the opponent, squeezing them tightly before compressing into a black sphere which then explodes, knocking them high into the air (too high to follow up without flight). Tracks the opponent's position horizontally but has a slow startup and is easily blocked.
    "You're in the way!"
    (on hit) "Gotcha!"

Core Of Deus: Murmur floats to the center of the screen holding up Deus's core before sending multiple concentric purple shockwaves that fill the entire screen. Works like Gill's Seraphic Wing from Street Fighter, being unavoidable unless she's hit out of it before the attack starts. However hers is obviously not as overpowered, having a slower startup and not as much chip damage.
    "Core of Deus, heed my command!"

Astral Finish:

Causality Prison: Murmur sends a quick blast of dark energy to her immediate front. If it connects the opponent is telekinetically lifted into the air and a large metallic grey sphere (the same one from her Drive) encloses around them, trapping them inside. A short scene then plays showing them in an illusory world inside the sphere where they experience their greatest wish. It then cuts back to Murmur who just turns around and floats off, leaving the opponent in the sphere. The content of the scene depends on the character it's used on. Using other Future Diary characters as examples; Yukiteru's would be stargazing with his parents, Yuno's would be getting married to Yukiteru at an old fashioned wedding, Tsukishima would be in a world populated entirely by dogs, Yomatsu would be apprehending a criminal with citizens cheering his name and so on. Murmur's instant kill, ending the match immediately on hit.

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    This is a good thread. I probably won't participate, but I'd be very interested in watching how this unfolds.

Incidentally, seeing as you were doing Blake with a BlazBlue style… I'll just… leave this here:
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    That's good stuff. Where from?

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    DeviantArt. A guy made a bunch of 'em. One sprite for each character using traits from BlazBlue, GuiltyGear and Persona 4 Arena, and then working over them. Probably pixel-by-pixel.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    @RoydGolden: That's a fun one, and I'm not even a Mirai Nikki fan. Almost reminds me of a tiny, tricksier Gilgamesh, floating about and laughing at you and chucking around lasers and such. Though that would only last a few seconds, so I guess you better enjoy it while it lasts, and then get back to hide and seek loli fun times. It does bother me slightly that Nails of Valefar's secondary activation is A+B+C+D, since that's usually Burst or X-Factor or something; it could just be "activate again" or something similar. Do you have one for Yuno or the terrorist lady (who I'm pretty sure is Minene)?

@Draconic: That is awesome. Sometimes weird obsessive fans are pretty cool, and not just annoying weirdos getting angry about power levels or a lack of yuri.

Blog Entries
    @RoydGolden: That's a fun one, and I'm not even a Mirai Nikki fan. Almost reminds me of a tiny, tricksier Gilgamesh, floating about and laughing at you and chucking around lasers and such. Though that would only last a few seconds, so I guess you better enjoy it while it lasts, and then get back to hide and seek loli fun times. It does bother me slightly that Nails of Valefar's secondary activation is A+B+C+D, since that's usually Burst or X-Factor or something; it could just be "activate again" or something similar. Do you have one for Yuno or the terrorist lady (who I'm pretty sure is Minene)?
    Glad you liked it! Yeah, she's definitely a character who should showcase a lot of personality in her fighting style. And no, I haven't done any other Future Diary characters. Thought of doing one for Minene, but I never got around to actually writing it up. Maybe I'll post another of my old sheets up sometime soon.