Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fighting Game Movesets

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Glad you liked it! Yeah, she's definitely a character who should showcase a lot of personality in her fighting style. And no, I haven't done any other Future Diary characters. Thought of doing one for Minene, but I never got around to actually writing it up. Maybe I'll post another of my old sheets up sometime soon.
    Another, related question: Where do you go to learn more about this kind of thing? Like, without learning hundreds of characters and game mechanics and studying the differences between hundreds of game systems and so on and reading through (and theoretically participating in) who knows how many threads, and so on? I guess what I'm actually asking is, how do you (or perhaps more general, "how does one") decide what assortment of moves a character needs/should have/would be cool?

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AkaiNeko View Post
    Another, related question: Where do you go to learn more about this kind of thing? Like, without learning hundreds of characters and game mechanics and studying the differences between hundreds of game systems and so on and reading through (and theoretically participating in) who knows how many threads, and so on? I guess what I'm actually asking is, how do you (or perhaps more general, "how does one") decide what assortment of moves a character needs/should have/would be cool?
    Huh. Now that's certainly a good question. Allow me to educate you, oh ye that seek forbidden knowledge! *shot*

Seriously though, if you were to ask I wouldn't say there's much of a conscious 'strategy' behind it. Basically, I was obsessed with fighting games about a year ago and spent a lot of my time trawling through movesets, both official ones from sites like Mizuumi and Dustloop and fan-made ones (the site Blazblue.Com had some rather good ones before it died). That got me a fairly decent idea of the terminology and balance at work, and from there it was just a matter of looking at the characters in question and thinking what kind of moves they'd have.

I can't say I really envision the nitty-gritty of archetypes and character balance and the like, beyond a bare minimum of 'zoner/rushdown/trickster/etc' and sometimes not even that. Frankly, I had no idea at first whether my sheets were balanced at all in actual fighting game terms, but I checked them out with a couple pros and they seemed to think they were okay.

...And that's my story. Hope it helped answer your question, Neko! I might think of posting up a few more of my old sheets, except frankly I think the ones I already showed are probably some of my best and most of the others were... eh, not so great looking back. There might be one or two more good ones, though, so I'll see.

Blog Entries
    Aw heck, might as well post this one up while I'm here. This one's in the style of Marvel VS Capcom rather then Blazblue, but it's honestly one of my favorites and incidentally the only one of these sheets I've ever written not for an anime/manga character. Enjoy! And remember, feedback is welcome.

Groot:

Appearance:

Playstyle: An archetypally slow but powerful goliath character with strong, far-reaching attacks and highly damaging Hypers. As well as being a fairly standard grappler, Groot is also a rather decent zoner due to how many of his attacks take up a large amount of screen-space and especially due to his 'Seeding' move allowing for delayed attacks from the mini-Groots he spawns. Overall, a versatile and powerful character for those with the skill to make use of him.

Actions:

Intro: Groot starts the match asleep on the ground with various woodland critters on and around him. He slowly rises to his feet, sending the animals skittering away before entering his stance.

Victory: Groot raises his hand, releasing countless luminescent spores which drift across the stage.

Time-Out: Groot withers away into a little sprout with a mournful look on his face.

Taunt: Groot outstretches his hand, growing a small flower from it.

Idle: Groot holds out his hand, a butterfly perching on his finger before flying off when he moves or is attacked.

Quotes: All of Groot's quotes are "I am Groot," in different volumes and inflections. Not exactly an eloquent speaker.

Normal Moves:

Standing Light: Groot forms his hand into the shape of a spearhead for a quick jab.

Crouching Light: ditto, except crouching.

Aerial Light: ditto, except in the air.

Standing Medium: an upward claw swipe. Good anti-air.

Crouching Medium: a double fisted punch into the opponent's legs.

Aerial Medium: leans forward for a powerful headbutt.

Standing Heavy: swipes his arm in a wide horizontal arc. Vacuums on hit.

Crouching Heavy: plants his arm into the ground, causing a root spike to shoot up in front of him at an angle.

Aerial Heavy: a downward angled kick.

Launcher: Groot turns his back to the opponent and hunches over, a large tree growing out of his back to launch the opponent.

Knockdown: Groot pulls back both legs and kicks the opponent down to the ground.

Throw: Groot grabs the opponent in a chokehold, lifts them up and slams them to the ground.

Command Normals:

Forward+Medium- Dendrite Drill: Groot forms the roots in his arm into a spiraling drill and holds it in front of him. Hits three times.

Forward+Heavy- Timber Fall: Groot rears up and does a hammerfist blow. Hits overhead. Groundbounces on hit.

Aerial Down+Heavy- Dendrite Dive: Groot entwines his legs together to form a large drill and dives downwards to hit the opponent with it.

Special Moves:

Verdant Eruption: Groot plants his foot into the ground, causing a tree to shoot up right in front of him (Light version), halfway across the screen (Medium version) or on the other side of the screen (Heavy version). Launches on hit.

Sylvant Spear: Groot extends the roots in his arm into a long pointy spear to pierce the opponent's chest before retracting it, dragging them closer on hit. Works like Scorpion's spear move from Mortal Kombat.

Nature's Blessing: Groot extends his roots into the ground, "planting" himself and becoming surrounded in a deep green aura. While planted he'll slowly regain health at a gradual rate at the expense of immobilizing himself and making him vulnerable to attack. Lasts as long as you hold the button down.

Floral Invade: Command throw. Groot hooks two of his root-fingers up the opponent's nostrils, lifting them into the air. He then extends the roots further into their struggling body before letting them crumple to the ground.

Seeding: Groot breaks off a small piece of himself and bends down to plant it in the ground. After a moment it sprouts up into a mini Groot which walks forward across the screen, dealing damage to the opponent and disappearing upon contact. Light version plants one mini Groot with the quickest startup, Medium version plants two with a longer startup and Heavy version plants three with the longest startup.

Timber Rage: Groot outstretches his arm in front and extends all his root-fingers except the thumb, whipping them around like tendrils for a lightning-fast barrage. Light version inflicts the least hits and leaves the opponent standing, Medium version inflicts more hits and knocks down while Heavy version inflicts the most hits and sends them flying into a wallbounce.

Hyper Combos:

Verdant Path (1 bar of meter): Super version of Verdant Eruption that sends out five trees in a line, emerging one after the other. Travels halfway across the screen.

Botanic Beatdown (2 bars of meter): Groot uppercuts. If it connects the opponent is knocked high into the air and Groot follows up by stretching the roots in his torso upwards in order to catch up to them, rising to nearly as tall as the screen. He then grabs the midair opponent with both hands and contracts himself back again, slamming them to the ground from near the top of the screen.

Nature's Embrace (3 bars of meter): Command throw super. Groot grabs the opponent in a bearhug before forming himself into a cocoon of roots which envelopes them completely. He then extends countless root spears through the opponent and the outer walls of the 'cocoon', pincushioning them. He then turns back to normal and the opponent crumples to the ground. Basically think an offensive version of the trick he used to protect the heroes from the Dark Aster's crash in the movie.

Blog Entries
    Update: I also went back and added a Playstyle section to all my previous sheets here, in case anybody's curious.

Blog Entries
    These are really, really cool! I really like them, they're action-packed yet wacky without being outlandishly so, while retaining the character's original touch.

Keep em coming!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple View Post
    These are really, really cool! I really like them, they're action-packed yet wacky without being outlandishly so, while retaining the character's original touch.

Keep em coming!
    Wow, I don't think I've heard anyone compliment my works so... earnestly before. Thanks a bunch!

Blog Entries
    Genos:

Appearance:

Personality: A straightforward and serious cyborg with a strong sense of justice. Since becoming Saitama's disciple, he views his teacher with reverence and constantly strives to reach his level of strength, while oftentimes being frustrated by his mentor's lackadaisical approach to heroism.

Intro: Genos crashes down from off-screen, cratering the ground underneath. Still smoking from the impact, he rises up from a kneeling position and enters his fighting stance, orange lines of power radiating across his body. Alternatively he just holds out his palm in the opponent's direction and discharges a short burst of flame in a warning gesture.

Victory: walks up to the opponent and points one of his hands slightly downward at their body, palm glowing orange with heat energy. If he wins with health below 20%, he instead crumples to his knees, clutching his pulsating core and venting smoke in large quantities.

Loss: falls backwards, shirt ripped partially to reveal his robotic innards and missing one eye.

Taunt: gives a quick scan of the opponent with his enhanced cyborg eyes, complete with digital pointers displaying various data showing up along their body. Basically, think a less perverted version of Kagura's special intro versus females from Blazblue.

Idle: releases some smoke from the gaps in his mechanical armor (amount varies depending on how much damage he's sustained so far). With health of 20% or below, he'll be panting slightly and his body will be noticably glowing orange from overheat.

Intro Quotes:

"Stay where you are, and prepare to be eliminated."

"I'm the cyborg for justice, Genos. If you surrender peacefully, then I'll be willing to spare your life. If not then... I'll have no choice but to incinerate you."

(VS Saitama) "If I win, please tell me the secrets behind your powers, Saitama sensei!"

(VS mechanical opponents) "Could it be? The cyborg that destroyed my village?"

Victory Quotes:

"Target eliminated."

"That took longer then intended. Saitama should be expecting me back at his place by now."

(VS Saitama) "Even though I won, I can't help but feel that Master wasn't taking this fight seriously... Is this what he feels like all the time?"

(VS mechanical opponents) "Now tell me... everything I want to know."

Loss Quotes:

"Underestimating you was a fatal mistake, I see."

"What would Saitama sensei think of me now...?"

(VS Saitama) "Incredible, so this is Master's power...?"

(VS mechanical opponents) "No... not again...!"

Normal Moves:

Standing Light: a straight jab.

Crouching Light: sticks out his leg for a low kick.

Aerial Light: a midair jab.

Standing Medium: an elbow strike amplified by a jet blast.

Crouching Medium: a double palm strike into the opponent's legs.

Aerial Medium: a spinning side kick. Pulls him forward a bit in the air.

Standing Heavy: a heavy sideways punch with his fist glowing orange from heat. Staggers on counter hit.

Crouching Heavy: does a sweep kick with his leg glowing orange from heat, cutting a burning trail along the ground.

Aerial Heavy: sticks out his leg at a diagonally downwards angle and releases a short-ranged jet of heat energy from his foot. Air-to-ground move.

Launcher: a heat-infused uppercut.

Knockdown: activates the jets in his back to propel him downwards for a mighty axe kick, bringing both him and the opponent to the ground.

Throw: grabs the opponent and unleashes a flurry of punches before kicking them away.

Command Normals:

Forward+Heavy- Cyber Hammer: Genos winds up and does a downwards punch with his fist glowing orange from heat energy. Hits overhead, knocks down on hit and groundbounces on air hit.

Any direction while airborne+Light- Boost Point: deploying the rocket boosters built into his arms and feet, Genos rapidly changes direction in midair, passing by the opponent if they're in the way. Essentially, lets him do a quick, 8-way air-dash at any point in the air. Has a small gauge just below his Hyper meter to prevent overuse.

Special Moves:

Incinerate (in air okay): With a cry of "Incinerate!" Genos fires one of his signature heat beams from the port in his outstretched palm. Travels across the whole screen in an instant, as well as being quite powerful for a beam attack. Has fast start-up but a slightly longer cooldown time. Light version aims straight ahead, Medium version aims into the air at a 45 degree angle and Heavy version, the same but at a downwards angle.

Machinegun Blow: Genos unleashes a chain of insanely fast punches in front of him, pulverizing the opponent and racking up a lot of hits. Damage and number of hits scales depending on the button.

No Escape (in air okay): Command throw. Genos grabs the opponent, lifts them up into the air with his rockets, slams them to the ground and then, while standing over them, presses his palm against their body and unleashes a point-blank Incineration blast. In the air, he just skips straight to the slamming part of the animation without having to fly up first.
    "This time... you won't get away."

Heat Tempest: Genos rises upwards while spinning around with arms outstretched, releasing heat energy from his palms in a 360 degree arc around him. Multi-hit. Works kind of like Ryu's Hurricane Kick from Street Fighter.

Cyber Impact (in air okay): Genos does a flying, rocket propelled kick forwards with great strength. Misses on crouching opponents. In the air, he does it at a 45 degree downwards angle.

Hyper Combos:

Self-Destruct (in air okay) (1 bar of meter): Only usable if his health is below 25% percent. Genos overloads the core in his chest, releasing a great explosion of blue energy all around him and blowing his body to pieces in the process. K.Os the opponent instantly on hit, but takes out Genos as well, insuring a draw. For the next round, Genos will come back with a full Hyper meter. Has a highly telegraphed startup time and is easily interupted unless you stun the opponent beforehand or bait them into it somehow.
    "You've pushed me this far...!?"
    "Forgive me, doctor..."
    (VS mechanical opponents) "I'll take you to Hell with me, you mechanized bastard!"

Incinerate Overdrive (2 bars of meter): Genos charges up and then fires a full-powered Incinerate blast from his palm (gripping his arm with his other hand to stabilize it), easily filling up a quarter of the screen vertically. Your average "big beam" Hyper, racking up a load of hits and being pretty much impossible to dodge once initiated. However, it has a hefty cooldown time that can be taken advantage of if blocked. By holding down the button, you can extend the beam's duration at the expense of burning off additional meter from your Hyper Gauge.
    "This is my full power! Incinerate... OVERDRIVE!"
    (VS Saitama) "Saitama! With this, will you finally respect my power?!"

Cyber Onslaught (3 bars of meter): Genos flies forward at the opponent with his fist held out Superman-style. On hit, a cinematic insues where he flies in a circle around the opponent releasing Incinerate blasts on them from all sides, then comes in from above for a hyped up version of his Machinegun Blow special that tears apart the ground around him. So, just think the series of moves he did on Carnage Kabuto in the anime (only to greater effect obviously).
    "Can you withstand this?!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This'll probably be the last sheet I'll be posting up here in a while (as well as my last chronologically). I wrote a few others, but honestly a lot of them I don't really feel super proud of now. Feedback is appreciated as always. Thanks for reading!

Huh. Those were pretty cool. The quotes are especially fitting with the characters. I like it.

Blog Entries
    These are both fun. Groot seems like an interesting screen control, bully-you-into-the-proper-positioning-and-then-smash type, and between Genos and Ryuko I'm starting to think that you want more flying main-character types; I especially liked the heavy strikes, beam-spamming, and self-destruct, even if (like Murmur's height thing) I'm not sure about the mechanical ramifications of the latter.

So I've been trying to figure something out. On the ground, fast rising strike + forward moving strike + projectile = what is apparently considered, like, the most basic fighter toolkit. So is there an aerial equivalent thereto? What would be the basic kit for an air focused character?

Blog Entries
    These are both fun. Groot seems like an interesting screen control, bully-you-into-the-proper-positioning-and-then-smash type, and between Genos and Ryuko I'm starting to think that you want more flying main-character types; I especially liked the heavy strikes, beam-spamming, and self-destruct, even if (like Murmur's height thing) I'm not sure about the mechanical ramifications of the latter.
    The self-destruct move was inspired by a technique some character had in an old Fist Of The North Star fighting game by ArcSys (complete with gaining a full Super meter on the next round), so there is at least some precedent for such a thing.

So I've been trying to figure something out. On the ground, fast rising strike + forward moving strike + projectile = what is apparently considered, like, the most basic fighter toolkit. So is there an aerial equivalent thereto? What would be the basic kit for an air focused character?
    Honestly, no clue. As I said, I don't really think about the technical aspects of my sheets too much.

Now that you mention it though, I have come up with a lot of air-focused characters. Basically every one of mine except Blake and Groot have some kind of flight-based special move or ability, and even Blake would probably have quite a bit of air-mobility what with being the archetypal 'ninja' character and all.

Blog Entries
    This is almost assuredly the last sheet I'll be posting up for quite a while. Misogi Kumagawa of the manga Medaka Box, a character I was pretty much obsessed with a while back. Didn't include quotes as usual since frankly I had trouble getting my head around his mindset and speech patterns at the time, but overall I feel it's fleshed out enough to warrant posting.

Hope you enjoy!

Kumagawa Misogi:

Appearance:

Personality: He's... well, Kumagawa. Everybody's favorite perverted, naked apron and Shonen manga loving, nearly sociopathic but somehow still endearing perfect loser. A man of paradox. He believes human existence is fundamentally pointless and worthless, yet walks through life with a smile and seeks to enjoy whatever he can. He refers to himself as a loser who can never accomplish anything despite possessing godlike powers. He can be terrifyingly cruel one moment, but then helpful and self-sacrificing in the next. The only person who could possibly hold true understand for the mentality of a certain Misogi Kumagawa is the man himself, and to be honest, even that is rather doubtful.

Actions:

His first intro has him stand facing the opponent who is suddenly pinned to the far wall by multiple screws through their body. He then negates the action with All-Fiction, leaving the opponent unharmed and standing where they were originally.

His second intro has him stand with his arms at his sides, palms pointed upward and his face framed in shadow so all you see is his eyes and impossibly wide, leering grin. He then summons a pair of screws into his hands and enters his fighting stance.

His intro (VS Medaka) has he and Medaka both rush to the center of the screen and exchange a flurry of blows before repelling each other back to their starting positions where they exchange lines.

His intro (VS Hinokage) has him start off right next to Hinokage who bombards him with punches, the last one sending him flying into the far side of the screen. He then slowly gets up, revealing himself to be completely unharmed (having negated his injuries through All-Fiction) and the two exchange lines.

His first victory animation has him turn around and walk off screen while scratching his head with one hand as if pondering something, the other one tucked in his pocket.

His second victory animation has him stab a sword-length screw into the ground and lean on it casually like a cane.

His perfect victory animation has him cry exaggerated tears of joy while jumping up and down on the spot, overcome by the feeling of victory.

His standing animation has him stand with a boyishly innocent looking smile on his face, hands hanging nonchalantly at his sides and a screw gripped in each.

His blocking animation has him block with two sword-length screws crossed in front of him in reverse grip. Like so.

His idle animation has him place his hand to his chin as a thought bubble appears above his head showing him fantasize about naked aprons.

His dizzied animation has him wobble in place with his eyes replaced by cartoony spirals.

His Taunt animation has him casually stab a screw through the side of his head while grinning widely. A unique thing about Kumagawa's Taunt is that it doesn't increase his own meter, instead lowering the opponent's meter. Just another reflection of his pessimistic personality.

His Burst animation has him turn toward the screen and hold his arms at his sides in his signature pose, palms pointed up and the grin on his face growing wider and more maniacal.

Drive: All-Fiction

Kumagawa's Drive allows him to regenerate lost health. As Kumagawa takes damage, a portion of his health bar will be solid red instead of filled up or empty (like in Marvel VS Capcom). This represents the amount he can restore with his Drive. Kumagawa has exceptionally low defense, so strategic use of his Drive is vital to staying alive during the match.

Normal Moves:

5a: a horizontal swipe with a screw.

2a: while crouching, turns around and does a reverse gripped stab with a screw at the opponent's ankle.

6a: a high kick. Launches.

j.5a: swipes a screw horizontally in midair.

5b: a forward stab with a screw.

2b: stabs a screw directly upward. Great anti-air.

6b: thrusts his knee forward and stabs a sword-length screw from the bottom of his foot, up his shin and through his knee.

j.5b: a downward angled stab with a screw in midair.

5c: turns his back to the opponent and stabs a sword-length screw through his torso.

2c: whirls around low to the ground with both screws outstretched. Hits 5 times.

6c: a vertical slash with a sword-length screw. Hits high.

3c: a stomping downward kick while standing. Hits OTG.

j.5c: a downward angled cross slash with both screws.

Drives:

5d/2d: Kumagawa surrounds himself in a swirling dark aura, regenerating his red health. Can't be cancelled into anything. The regeneration only happens when the animation ends, so it can be prevented if he's hit out of it prematurely.

j.5d: like his 5d but in the air. Halts his air momentum.

Special Moves:

Screw Shot (in air okay): Kumagawa flips a screw up into the air, catches it and then throws it at the opponent like a dart. The screw travels in a straight line across the screen and acts as a fairly ordinary projectile. Repeating the input Rekka-style will make him throw another screw from his opposite hand, up to a total of three consecutive projectiles. In the air the screws travel at a 45 degree downwards angle.

Screw Eruption: Kumagawa stabs a screw into the ground, causing countless long criss-crossing screws to shoot up right in front of him (A version), halfway across the screen (B version) or on the other side of the screen (C version).

Pinning Dash: Kumagawa does a short, quick dash forward. If it connects, he dashes past the opponent who is suddenly pinned to the ground by multiple screws through their clothing. Does no damage but immobilizes the opponent for a few seconds and allows him to either heal himself with his Drive or get in some free hits with his 3c.

A Sword That Slays Magical Beasts: Kumagawa forms a large bizarre looking sword adorned with spikes and tiny black stains before hopping forward with an overhead slash, slamming it against the ground. Hits high. Knocks down on ground hit and groundbounces on air hit.

⎡I Lied⎦: Kumagawa surrounds himself in a swirling dark aura like in his 5d, but doesn't actually regain any health. Seems useless right? Except unlike his actual 5d, this move can be cancelled into anything, normals, specials, supers, even his Astral. Use this to give a false sense of vulnerability and lure the opponent into attacking. Costs 25% Heat in order to use (the Heat will be drained after the animation is finished, to avoid giving away the ruse). This move's very existence can also serve to psyche out the opponent, for as long as Kumagawa has the required amount of Heat, they won't be sure whether he's using the real one or the fake.

Distortion Drives:

Book Maker: Kumagawa lengthens the screw in his hand until it's as long as a sword before hurling it across the screen like a javelin. On hit it embeds itself up to the head in the opponent's chest, bleaching their hair completely white. Does no physical damage whatsoever, instead reducing the opponent's defense to Kumagawa's level and sealing away their Drive moves, special moves, Distortion Drives and their Astral. Lasts for 20 seconds before wearing off. As a bonus property, it's unblockable against Medaka Kurokami.

Leg Eating Forest: super version of Screw Eruption. Kumagawa stabs a screw into the ground, sending a shockwave of screws across the whole length of the screen.

⎡I changed my mind!⎦: A counter. Kumagawa turns his back to the opponent and puts a hand on his chin thoughtfully. If he receives a melee attack during this time he says ⎡You have 5 seconds to leave before I change my mind.⎦ After a second passes the opponent is suddenly impaled from behind with a giant screw and Kumagawa says ⎡Sorry, but I changed my mind about the time limit.⎦

Astral Finish:

⎡It's not my fault!⎦: Kumagawa holds out his hand, a swirling dark vortex held in his palm. On hit, the vortex slowly expands to consume and erase the entire world, leaving only a black void. Kumagawa will then rip his way out of the dark background and look back at the mess he caused before shrugging his shoulders, saying ⎡It's not my fault!⎦ and walking away towards nowhere in particular while whistling a jaunty little tune. Hilarious instant kill. The hitbox for the initial attack is very small (just around Kumagawa's hand).

Blog Entries
    It's been a while since I've written any fighting game movesets but I was just struck with inspiration this morning. I was thinking of what the movesets could be for various Jojo characters who weren't featured in the fighting games, and I hit upon Secco. His Stand seems perfect for a fighting game in that it could create a lot of visually interesting and unique attacks, but without being so complicated or abstruse (like, say, King Crimson) that it'd be hard to implement in a fighting game format. I'm not super familiar with the Jojo fighting games though, so I decided to use MVC moves listing instead.

I'm aware the way I portrayed Green Day's ability in his assist super isn't really fitting with canon, but I figure the "altitude change" mechanic would be pretty impractical to implement in a fighting game (at least, a 2D one).

As usual, comments and critiques would be appreciated, though I'm not really expecting much what with how dead this thread has been lately.

Secco
    :

Appearance:

Personality
    : A strange and animalistic man with several dog-like qualities, often walking on all fours and speaking mainly in grunts and gutteral growls. Secco seems to be obsessively loyal to his partner Cioccolata, whom he shares somewhat of a master/slave relationship with. Cioccolata treats Secco like a dog and rewards him with sugar cube treats when he successfully records his kills. However, upon Cioccolata's death he shows a far more cruel, ruthless and intelligent side to his personality, heartlessly brushing off the latter's demise by calling him "weak" and relentlessly chasing after Bruno Bucciarati during their fight.

Actions:

Intro: Secco starts off filming the opponent with his video camera. After a moment he puts it away and enters his fighting stance.

Victory: Secco gets a call from Cioccolata. He hugs the cellphone to his face while flashing a big goofy grin with heart symbols appearing around him.

Loss: Secco falls to the ground clutching his head and crying out in pain.

Time-Out: Secco pulls out his camera and clenches his fist around it angrily, eventually disintegrating it into dust with Oasis.

Crouching: Secco's crouch animation has him partially dive into the ground with Oasis, leaving only his head and upper body sticking out.

Dash: Secco's dashing animation has him partially liquify the ground at his feet and spring off it to propel himself forward or backward.

Blocking: Secco scoops up some mud and splashes it in front of him, hardening it into a temporary barrier.

Taunt: Secco tosses three sugar cubes up into the air and catches them with his mouth one after the other. If he's hit during the animation the cubes fall to the ground.

Intro Quotes:
    "Gotta' make sure the camera is working properly. Cio would be pissed if nothing got recorded..."
    "If it's one on one, I won't even need to dive into the ground to kill you."

Victory Quotes:
    "I can't wait to show this footage to Cioccolata. He'll probably reward me with five sugar cubes... no, six!"
    "Your cleaver tricks were no match for my Oasis. I mean beaver, no... clipper, wait... ugh, you know what I mean!"

Loss Quotes:
    "My body... won't move... anymore...?"
    "Cioccolata!"

Normal Moves:

Standing Light: A quick jab with his fist.

Crouching Light: Secco spits a pebble at the opponent's feet like a bullet.

Aerial Light: A slightly downward angled punch.

Standing Medium: A side kick. Staggers on counter hit.

Crouching Medium: Secco swims forward along the ground, hitting the opponent with his arms up to four times. Pulls him one character length forward.

Aerial Medium: A knee strike.

Standing Heavy: Secco leans forward and throws a hook punch.

Crouching Heavy: Secco throws an uppercut, bouncing his elbow off the partially liquified ground to increase power. Good vertical range.

Aerial Heavy: A spinning diagonal kick.

Launcher: Secco leans his whole body backwards and kicks high, knocking the opponent into the air.

Knockdown: Secco dives downwards with his arms outstretched, pulling the opponent to the ground with him. Upon landing he'll be in his crouching stance.

Throw: "I'll turn you into mud!" Secco grabs the opponent with both arms, melts them a bit, then punches them away.

Special Moves:

Vanishing Dive: Secco dives fully into the ground with Oasis, disappearing from the screen. Basically a teleport. The Light version of this move has Secco surface right in front of the opponent, the Medium version has him surface behind them and the Heavy version has him surface on the other side of the screen.

OAAAAAAAAAAASIS...!: Secco throws a barrage of punches, "ora ora" style. Between every strike he springs his elbows off the partially liquified ground to increase power, like a boxer bouncing off the ropes. Light version hits 3 times, Medium Version hits 5 times and Heavy version hits 9 times, with the last hit sending the opponent flying into a wall-bounce.

Terra Stamp: Secco stomps the ground in front of him, sending a wave of partially liquified earth towards the opponent. Secco's main projectile, hitting low and travelling roughly halfway across the screen before dissipating. Works similarly to Hulk's Gamma Tsunami Hyper, though obviously weaker, being only a Special Move rather than a Hyper.

Oh Yeah, I Have To Record A Video: A counter. Secco turns away from the opponent and fiddles with his camera for a second. If the opponent tries to attack Secco while his back is turned, he'll retaliate by leaning his whole body forward for a rising kick, knocking them into the air. If it's a projectile, he'll instead turn around and spit a pebble at it, deflecting it and knocking it back at the opponent. However, this only works on physical projectiles and not energy-based ones.

You Won't Get Away!: Secco stuffs a bunch of liquified earth into his mouth and spits it up in the air. After travelling about four character lengths above his head the earth solidifies again and rains down as a bunch of spears made of solid rock. The spears rain down in a conical formation, hitting multiple times and needing to be blocked high. The Light, Medium and Heavy versions of this special have Secco spit the earth at different angles. The Light version has him spit it straight up above his head, the Medium Version has him spit it forward at a 60 degree angle, and the Heavy version has him spit it further across the screen at a 45 degree angle.

Hyper Combos
    :

I'll Pulverize Your Whole Body Until You Can't Move! W-with My Oasis! (1 bar of meter): Secco tosses his camera up into the air before lunging forward, partially liquifying the ground at his feet to boost his speed. If it connects Secco will perform a stronger version of his "OAAAAAAAAAAASIS...!" move. As a finisher, he'll uppercut the opponent into the air, jump up after them and axe-kick them back down to the ground. Afterwards, Secco catches his camera as it falls back down to the ground.

Cioccolata, Help! (2 bars of meter): Secco calls Cioccolata on the phone, summoning his partner into the fray. Cioccolata flies above the stage on his helicopter, raining down Green Day's mold. Occasionally clouds of green mold will spawn on the stage. If the opponent touches these clouds they'll suffer continuous chip damage as long as they remain inside. Secco himself is immune. The helicopter itself can be targeted by certain upwards-angled or full-screen attacks. Attacking it enough times will make it retreat, cancelling this Hyper.

Antlion's Den (3 bars of meter): Secco dives into the ground like in his "Vanishing Dive" move. After a moment he emerges directly beneath the opponent to grab their ankles, pulling them into the ground with him. The screen then shifts to show the opponent under the ground which is clear like water. While the opponent is trapped underground Secco swims around them at great speed, creating a whirlpool that pulls objects from the surface like cars and street signs into the earth with them. (The exact nature of these objects depends on the chosen stage. In a forested stage they might be trees and small animals, for instance).

As the opponent is suspended helplessly at the center of this whirlpool their body and clothes begin to liquify and melt away as well. Secco then appears behind the opponent and strikes them with a barrage of punches, the last hit knocking them away so hard they fly back out of the ground and high into the air. The opponent then looks up to see Secco leaping above them. He kicks the opponent back down to the ground and spits a bunch of mud at them. The mud hardens into earth spears that skewer the opponent as they fall, making a pincushion out of them. Meanwhile Secco dives down and finishes the opponent with a heavy vertical punch, burying them in the earth.

This is Secco's strongest Hyper by far, inflicting enough combined damage to certainly finish off the opponent unless their health-bar was almost completely full. The initial grab is unblockable and tracks the opponent's location horizontally. But it's also extremely slow and leaves Secco vulnerable if it whiffs.

Blog Entries
    Didn't get any commentary before but I'll keep posting here as long as I still have ideas. Here's another JoJo moveset, this time of Risotto Nero. I think his Stand would be really interesting to see in a fighting game.

Risotto Nero:

Appearance:

Personality: A stoical and serious assassin. Risotto is very quick-thinking and can easily keep a cool head in deadly situations, as shown in his battle with Doppio. However, he can occasionally erupt into bursts of rage, like when he threatened to kill Doppio while questioning him. Although ruthless and largely amoral Risotto does seem to show loyalty and concern for his teammates in La Squadra, being partially motivated to hunt down the Boss when two of his teammates were butchered for trying to uncover his identity.

Intro: Risotto's knife falls from off-screen, embedding point-first into the ground. A moment later Risotto lands on the knife and picks it up, entering his stance.

Victory: Risotto strikes a pose before falling backward and vanishing, using Metallica to make himself invisible.

Blocking: Risotto raises his arms and forms iron bars in front of him.

Taunt: Risotto poses with his chest thrust out and his arms bent back behind his head.

Intro Quotes:
    "Let's make this quick."
    "I'll show you the true terror of my Metallica."

Victory Quotes:
    "My Stand can control your very blood. Know that you had no chance of winning from the start."
    "So this is the face of defeat, hmm? How pitiful."

Normal Moves:

Standing Light: A short jab.

Crouching Light: A low kick.

Aerial Light: A backhand strike.

Standing Medium: Knees the enemy in the gut. Staggers on counter hit.

Crouching Medium: A low hook punch.

Aerial Medium: A roundhouse kick.

Standing Heavy: Risotto forms a spinning iron blade in front of him, hitting three times.

Crouching Heavy: Iron nails jut out of the ground directly in front of Risotto. Trips the opponent on hit.

Aerial Heavy: Risotto poses, then sends several iron chains with hooks on the ends forward to snare the opponent. Drags the opponent closer on hit.

Launcher: Risotto swipes his arm upwards and an iron traffic sign erupts from the ground at his feet, knocking the opponent into the air.

Knockdown: Downwards swing with an iron hammer.

Throw: Risotto grabs the opponent and forms iron nails from their blood, skewering them, before tossing them to the ground. Depletes a small amount of blood iron on hit.

Special Moves:

Passive- No Oxygen Will Be Absorbed!: Risotto has a unique "Blood Iron Meter" displayed above the opponent. Some of his attacks using Metallica will deplete the opponent's blood iron when they connect. When the opponent's blood iron is depleted, their attack power, speed and defense is decreased due to their blood being less able to supply oxygen to their body. If their blood iron meter reaches zero the enemy's blood will take on a sickly yellow hue and they'll constantly take chip damage until it replenishes.

Lost iron is gradually regained over time, and special items like frogs will randomly show up across the stage that the opponent can eat to recover iron faster.

I... Will Not Approach You: Risotto throws a knife in front of him. If the knife hits the opponent it'll just do a moderate amount of damage, but if it hits the ground it'll embed in point-first and stay there. If the opponent then walks over the knife, they'll trip on the hilt and fall, taking a bit of damage and putting them in knockdown state. The knife stays on-screen for ten seconds or until the opponent trips on it, upon which it disappears.

Only one knife can be imbedded at a time. If a new one is thrown, the previous one will disappear. The Light, Medium and Heavy versions vary the angle Risotto throws the knife. Light has him throw it down a steep angle in front of him. Medium shows the knife travel at a shallower angle, covering more distance across the screen. Heavy has Risotto throw a spinning knife upwards in a parabolic arc, covering about half the distance of the Medium version and serving as a handy anti-air.

I've Decided How To Kill You Now: Risotto swipes both arms in front of him, sending a shimmering, barely visible wave of magnetism across the screen. If it connects Risotto will condense some of the iron in the opponent's blood into blades that rip out of their body from the inside.
    Light, Medium and Heavy versions vary the range, speed and effects of this attack.

Light is the fastest, goes fullscreen and does the lowest damage. On hit razor blades suddenly start forming in the enemy's throat, forcing the opponent to cough them up in a shower of blood. The Medium version is slower, travels halfway across the screen and does more damage. On hit, Risotto forms needles that burst out of the opponent's cheek, shredding it. The Heavy version is the slowest, hits only immediately in front of Risotto and does heavy damage. On hit an outline of a pair of scissors forms in the enemy's throat, before unfurling and cutting its way out. Opponent then crumples to the ground.

This move also reduces the opponent's blood iron gauge. Light version depletes only a small amount of iron, Medium version depletes more and Heavy version, the most.

Iron Chameleon: Risotto strikes a pose, then turns invisible by coating his body in iron sand particles and having them reflect light around him. He can still be seen while moving through a shimmering in the air, but is totally invisible while standing still. This invisibility lasts for five seconds or until Risotto gets hit.

Lingering Pain: Risotto splashes some of his Metallica-infused blood in front of him. This move has no effect on the opponent but leaves a blood pool on the ground that stays on-screen indefinitely. Risotto can then magnetize his blood with Metallica, setting up a variety of unpredictable attacks.

By pressing forward + Special after using his "I... Will Not Approach You" move Risotto can make any knife that's still on-screen fly towards the pool, hitting the opponent again if they're in the way. He can do this either while the knife is still in the air or when it's stuck in the ground. After doing this, both the knife and blood pool will disappear.

The blood pool also serves as a trap. If the opponent steps in it they'll be covered in blood, gaining a unique "Bloody" status and allowing Risotto to magnetize their body directly. While the opponent is bloodied any knives Risotto throws (both through his special and Hyper) will gain homing properties, automatically curving their trajectory to seek out the target. Additionally, by pressing forward + Special Risotto can make any knife still out on the field dislodge itself and fly at the enemy if they're within four character lengths of it. "Bloody" status lasts for six seconds before wearing off.

This move has two possible follow-ups, which are listed below.

Look Over Here: Risotto magnetizes the blood on the opponent, pulling them towards him. Only usable if the opponent is less than half-screen distance from Risotto. This even works if the opponent is knocked back from Risotto's attacks, making this move a great combo-extender.

I'm Keeping My Distance: Risotto magnetizes the blood on the opponent, repelling them up to four character lengths away. Only usable if the opponent is less than half-screen distance from Risotto, with the distance the enemy get repelled increasing as they get closer. Good for playing keepaway.

Hyper Combos:

Iron Can Be Found Anywhere In This World... (1 bar of meter): Risotto gathers iron sand in the air into a salvo of scalpels and sends them flying across the screen. A multi-hit projectile Hyper, similar to Dio's "Checkmate" super from Heritage To The Future. The final directional input for this Hyper decides the direction Risotto sends the scalpels in. Forward has Risotto send the scalpels forward from right in front of him. Back has the scalpels form on the opposite side of the screen and fly backwards at the opponent (disappearing before they can hit Risotto). Down has the scalpels appear directly above the opponent and rain down on them, hitting overhead.

Gains homing properties when the opponent is bloodied.

This Assassination... Is Already Complete (3 bars of meter): Counter Hyper. Risotto poses, as if beckoning the enemy to attack him. If they take the bait a cinematic ensues where Risotto makes razor blades erupt from the opponent's cheek.
    The opponent swings blindly at Risotto several times, but he ducks out of the way and turns invisible. The camera pans around the stage as the opponent looks around, dazed and confused. Suddenly Risotto reappears behind the opponent, striking a pose, as an iron blade starts protruding from the enemy's head.

The opponent collapses to the ground, clutching their head in pain while Risotto looks on, grinning widely. After a moment the blade tears free from the opponent's head, making the whole screen go black and white as the enemy's head erupts in a shower of blood and gore. When the cinematic ends the opponent crumples to the ground.

This Hyper does tremendous damage and completely reduces the opponent's blood iron gauge to zero upon hit.
    Last edited by RoydGolden; July 31st, 2019 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Changed move name

Blog Entries
    I know I'm late but that kumagawa was awesome
    My servants and mages
    Sorry, my english sucks

Things

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Incidentally, my idea of encouraging someone is to kidnap them, starve them, and then spend hours a day slapping their bound and gagged body with my penis.

Greatest battle in history
    He-man x Shiki Satsujinki

I love the internet

OH GOD SO CUTE

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Criarino View Post
    I know I'm late but that kumagawa was awesome
    Thanks man! It's been ages since I got any feedback on this thread.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It would be super fun to watch a fighter Anshin'in, with every attack filling the entire screen with words.