Thread: Draconic's Upcoming Fanfic

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries

Post Draconic's Upcoming Fanfic

Because I've failed to find a co-author as of yet, but there are a few scenes that I feel are already worth posting.
    I'm a total schmo aren't I?
    The following pair of scenes take place somewhere in the middle of the story. Unsure precisely where.

Author's note: This opening sequence just inflated like a balloon. I wanted to get right into the action, but then Sakura found pancake mix, and things kind of went off the rails from there. The front end of the chapter just swelled more than a fat man at thanksgiving dinner. Or in this case, breakfast.

Sakura was dancing gleefully around the kitchenette as she prepared breakfast that morning. She knew he wasn't dead, and that destroying his body only meant he was going to steal one from another innocent victim, but after watching Zouken Matou get ripped apart, she was positively beside herself. The real gratification came from the fact that he hadn't seen it coming, and even seemed frightened for a moment. Knowing that the old worm wasn't invincible was doing wonders for her frayed nerves!

She hummed a cheery tune as she cracked a pair of eggs into a measuring cup, gave them a good stir, and poured them into a pan, waiting for them to sizzle.

“You're up early,” Shirou yawned, walking into the dining room.

“Oh, you know me, Senpai,” she smiled warmly, “I'm always up early.”

She flipped the eggs over in the pan, revealing one side to be fried to perfection. Shirou moved to help out, but she gently shooed him away.

“Please, you don't need to trouble yourself, Senpai. Today is my treat!”

“Er… if you say so.”

“I do say so. Is there anything in particular you'd like me to make?”

“Not really. Whatever you want is good.”

Sakura sighed. One of these days he'd have to request something. She checked the cupboard for some bread for sandwiches.

“Hmm, when did you get pancake mix?” she asked.

Shirou shrugged, then remembering that she had her head in the pantry, he spoke up.

“I don't remember buying any. Let me see.”

She held the package out behind her. It was a large package without any Japanese text on the box.

“I think Rin might have brought this back from England with us,” he answered.

“Oh! Do you think she would mind if I tried making them?”

Finishing with the eggs, she rolled them up in the pan and tossed them into a plate.

“I think she might even get lured out of bed by the scent,” Shirou grinned.

“Well then, that's that! I've never made pancakes before, but I've never come across a dish I can't cook!” she held her skillet in front of her triumphantly. She put her other hand to her lips in thought for a moment before announcing, (in the same tone), “I'm going to need a bigger frying pan!”

She dropped her pan into the sink, reached into the pantry for the flour, and pulled a carton of milk out of the fridge, along with some more eggs.

“Senpai, you're out of eggs,” she said, “Well, you aren't yet, but you will be.”

She poured the mix into a big measuring cup and added water, and digging a larger skillet out of the pantry.

“Good morning, Sakura.”

“You're in a good mood this morning, big brother. You never greet me in the mornings,” Sakura giggled, dropping some butter into the frying pan and continuing to add to the mix as she waited for it to start sizzling. “Grandfather's sticky end last night have you over the moon too?”

“Well obviously. How could I not be happy after seeing that damn vampire get ripped to shreds?”

“You really don't like this guy do you?” Shirou noted absently.

“She spent her childhood buried in a pit of flesh-eating crest worms thanks to him,” Shinji sat down at the table, looking rather irritated by Shirou's question. “I'd be surprised if even she could forgive him for that, even with her bleeding heart. Not that it would be appropriate of her if she did.”

Sakura continued humming cheerfully as she added milk and eggs to the batter and stirred vigorously.

“I wonder if Senpai has any vanilla extract?” she wondered aloud, looking inside the pantry. She quickly found what she was looking for and nearly had the bottle at a full horizontal angle to pour a few drops into the batter when she snapped the bottle upright again. She looked at it suspiciously, turning it around in her hands. It looked okay, but that didn't mean it was okay. She sniffed the bottle and cringed. That did not go well with pancakes.

“Senpai, I think Miss Fujimura switched the labels on your vanilla and your soy sauce bottles.”

“Again? Seriously?!” he groaned, “When is that woman going to grow up?”

“I don't think we can count on that happening any time soon, but I'll switch the labels back when I'm finished.”

“Don't worry about it,” Shirou answered swiftly. “I'll take care of that.”

Sakura nodded, and looked for the 'soy sauce' in the pantry. She opened the bottle and smelled its contents. It was vanilla. No twofold pranks today, thank goodness. She added a few drops to the mix and put both jars away, placing them next to each other in the pantry.

Meanwhile, Shirou and Shinji were having a hushed conversation.

“So why didn't you try to help her while all of this was going on? Shirou growled, lowering his voice.

“I didn't do any less than you, Emiya.”

He couldn't find it within himself to respond. Shinji might have been saying it to be obnoxious, but he was still right. How could this have been going on the entire time he'd known her? Worse, how could he not have realized how desperately she needed help?

Behind them Sakura poured the first batch of pancakes into the frying pan and took a deep breath. So far so good. No complications. They were coming out quite nicely. She flipped each of the sizzling puddles of batter over in the pan. They were cooked to perfection. As if they'd be anything less. Sakura didn't like to brag, but if there was anything she would brag about, it was her culinary abilities. The scent of pancakes began wafting through the house.

Shirou realized that he must have been wearing a particularly self-deprecating expression considering that Shinji noticed his discomfort.

“And so begins my old friend's hour long rail against himself,” Shinji sneered, rolling his eyes, “Let us know when you're done. We'll be here, enjoying this beautiful sunny morning.”

“Please don't blame yourself, Senpai!” Sakura cried, turning around, holding her hands up to her chest, and nearly spilling her measuring cup full of mixed ingredients. “I was the one who always told you that everything was fine! I— I never wanted to worry you…”

“And I'm gonna go throw chunks,” Shinji groaned, about to get up when a hand planted itself firmly on his head.

“Down, you little weasel,” Rin sneered.

“Oh, for heaven’s sake!” He growled.

Ignoring Rin and Shinji, Saber practically floated into the room. Unlike Rin, who was still in her nightgown, Saber was too dignified to go to breakfast wearing only her lion-print pyjamas and had changed into her casual attire. Dignified though she was, that didn't stop her from leaning way over the countertop and trying to see what manner of divine substance Sakura was creating.

“Something smells heavenly,” she said dreamily.

“Just wait a few more minutes, Saber and I'll have a full batch ready for the table.”

“Don't make her wait too long though. Saber tends to be pretty hungry in the mornings, and from the looks of things, she might start worshiping you for your food.

“Breakfast's on!” Sakura announced, a huge stack of pancakes piled onto a dish. Rin, eyes sparkling in a manner more suited to Arturia, hurried over to the fridge and snatched her maple syrup and strawberry sauce. Lancer and Robin both materialized as well. Neither of them needed to eat, but it was only polite.

Saber immediately piled three of the fried pastries onto her plate, getting to them before anyone else. Rin, jar of syrup in hand, sidled up to the blonde. "Try them with this. Pancakes are good, but trust me when I say, you haven't really eaten them if you skip out on the syrup.”

Her mouth already full of pancake, Saber simply nodded and took the proffered jar, pouring a sugary puddle onto the side of her plate.

She dipped her next slice into the syrup, placed it in her mouth, and eyes widening like an owl, she snatched six more pancakes off the pile.

“Your food is like ambrosia of the gods. I've never tasted anything so good, even while I was alive!” she babbled, shovelling food into her mouth and licking syrup from her face.

“She's like a puppy!” Rin giggled, playfully smacking Shirou's shoulder.

“Mpph!” Saber protested, chewed, swallowed, took a deep breath, and tried again “Excuse me. I mean to say that if you are to compare me to a baby animal, I'd much prefer to be equated with a lion cub, or a wyrmling.”

“Wyrmling?” Shirou asked.

“Another word for dragon hatchling,” Rin explained, pouring herself a glass of milk.

Without any warning, Saber was suddenly on her feet, her armor materializing as she drew Invisible Air.

“Uh, is everything alright?” Sakura asked nervously, looking out from under the kitchen flap.

“I assure you it has nothing to do with your food,” she answered firmly. “Did you just put blueberries in that next batch? No! I mustn't be distracted. There's something nearby. Something dangerous. I'm afraid I can't quite identify it from within the bounded field, but—”

The doorbell rang, and Shirou stood up. Saber looked at him as though he'd completely lost his mind.

“Well, what if it's someone we know? If there really is something here that's dangerous enough to make you interrupt your breakfast, then I'm not leaving them outside to be attacked, or worse.”

“Shirou, I must object to this course of action!”

She spoke too late, as Shirou was almost at the front door already. Saber rubbed her eyes with her fingers in frustration as he clicked the lock open and slid the door aside.

Standing outside in the morning light was the shape of a young girl. Her brown hair was mostly hidden by a dirty grey jacket that she wore over an appallingly tattered white dress, and a pair of sandals that were so worn down that they barely even kept her feet from touching the pavement. Her face was downcast and she avoided eye contact when she spoke.

“Is this… is this where Kiritsugu lives?” she asked.

Her voice sounded like it might have been very pretty but for the fact she was so hoarse that she couldn't have spoken for months at the very least.

“I…” Shirou stammered, “Who are you, exactly? How do you know my dad?”

“Shirou, I implore you not to let this…thing inside the house!” Saber urged, “I can't quite say what it is, but it is most certainly not human!”

“Huh? What are you talking about, she's just a girl, no older than fifteen, or so if I were to guess, of course she's…” he trailed off as he noticed the brownish stains on her ruined dress and suddenly picked out the scent of copper she was exuding.

He took a careful step back. What was this girl?

“Please, you don't have to… you don't have to let me in. Really, it's probably…better if you don't. Just tell me if… if Kiritsugu Emiya lives here. I'm b-begging you.”

“I-I'm sorry, but Kiritsugu Emiya hasn't lived here in years,” Saber said pointedly. “Leave now, or face the consequences.”

“You said he was your dad, right?” the girl rasped, “You must… you must know where he is!”

Shirou couldn't bring himself to tell her. She seemed so…broken… already. Maybe it was better to just show her. Against his better judgement, he put his shoes on and pulled his jacket over his shoulders.

“Follow me. I'll take you to him.”

“Shirou!”

He reached out a hand.

She didn't take it.

“What's all this yelling about? Honestly—” Rin cut herself off as she saw the girl standing in front of Shirou. She could see what it was at a glance, and there was only one thing she knew she should do.

“Gandr!” she shrieked, loosing a volley of curses at the child. The girl turned to look past Shirou and with unnatural speed, she dived out of the way, the spells crashing into the wall across the street. Rin took her chance to grab Shirou by the arm and yank him back inside.

“Get away from it!” she shrieked, pulling them both backward and tumbling into a heap in the front hall.

Untangling herself from her boyfriend, she got back to her feet and slammed the door shut in front of her, making sure to lock it.

The girl's eyes had gone wide with shock, and in the brief moment he had seen them, he had looked into twin glowing pools of blood.

“That thing's a dead apostle, Shirou! It's not a little girl!”
    she scowled at him.

“A what?”

“A dead apostle. She—I mean it—is a freaking vampire! Worse even! It doesn't turn you into a vampire when it bites you. Instead you turn into a shambling undead monstrosity that only has one purpose; namely to bite as many other warm bodies as possible, and turning them as well before being slaughtered!

“Ugh, and now we're going to have to scour the town and purge anyone she's bitten before the church's inquisitors show up and kill half the city,” Rin growled.

“What?! You're joking, right?” Shirou shuddered at the thought. There was no such thing as undead! They were made up! Just like…

Just like heroic spirits that could be summoned at will. Or dragons. Or magic spells. Or legendary swords and nearly immortal old men with bodies made out of worms.

How could something so horrific possibly exist though? Why would anyone create such a thing?

“Just tell me where he is,” someone rasped behind them. They scrambled back to the door, as the girl seemed to appear behind them out of nowhere.

“I climbed over the wall around the house,” she explained. Her red eyes glowed ominously, even in the morning sunlight.

“You have to die, you know that right?” Rin snarled.

The girl looked furious for a moment, then blood began to leak from her eyes. Was she crying blood?

“D-Don't let any of m-my blood get into your bodies or y-y-you'll end up… like me. I can't leave you alive if you do. I won't turn anyone else! Even if it means I have to kill people.”

“I'll admit that you're surprisingly conscientious for an undead monstrosity.”

“I can explain myself later… please though, just help me find Kiritsugu. He might destroy me himself anyway. Please…”

“Somehow, I doubt that,” Saber murmured.

The girl, or rather, the creature, began to suspect something was wrong when Shirou began walking alongside the cemetery fence

“N-no, th-this can’t be right.”

“I’m sorry. He’s… he’s right over there,” said Shirou, pointing to a monument a few rows in.

“This is wrong. Everything about this is wrong!”

Rin sighed, following the dead apostle at a short distance.

“Okay, fine. I’ll admit that she seems to be retaining her humanity to a surprising extent, but don’t let your guard down.”

“I won’t,” Shirou nodded.

They found the girl sprawled out across the monument bearing the name of Kiritsugu Emiya, sobbing. Shirou had never seen anything look so utterly miserable.

“Too late! I was too late! All the time in the world and I couldn’t get here in time! I’m sorry! Kerry, I’m so sorry! It’s-s-s my fault. It was all m-my f-f-fault…”

“Okay, now I’m getting curious,” Rin groused, folding her arms across her chest.

“Look, that’s long enough, tell us what’s going on here?” Shirou insisted, “You owe us an explanation.”

“And in case you think you’re getting away, I’m more than ready to blast you into ribbons if you make any sudden movements,” Rin added.

The girl didn’t respond, she just continued crying over the grave. It was several minutes before anyone spoke again.

“Everything’s gone now,” she sobbed. “Why did I ever have to wake up? I wish I were still a ghoul! Being a monster would be better than this!”

She curled in on herself.

“My name is Shirley,” she whimpered. “Kiritsugu was… he was my best friend… when we were kids. And I ruined… EVERYTHING!”

“We lived on an island in the Philippines. Long story short, his dad was studying dead apostles to try and create an elixir that would grant eternal life. I was so stupid. I was so sure it would work, so I tested a dose of pills on myself… and within seconds I was desperate for blood. I ripped apart an entire coop of chickens, but it didn’t help,” she babbled on deliriously, “That’s where Kerry found me. His best friend, covered in blood, her eyes glowing red like a monster, begging him to kill her. He couldn’t do it. And because he couldn’t do something that he should never have had to, I brought the effing zombie apocalypse to our island. The same night, a bunch of men showed up and burned the entire island to the ground. I have no idea how they missed me. I was shambling around one of the beaches out in the open. They should have found me. They should have.”

She broke down into a fit of sobbing. Monster or not, even Saber was beginning to pity her.

Shirou reached toward her and she smacked his hand away as though it were a bomb.

“Don’t touch me!” she shrieked. “If you touch me I’ll bite you, I won’t be able to stop myself! If I killed Kerry’s son… I don’t know how I’d…” a shudder ran up her spine, and she lurched over onto her side vomiting blood. It probably wasn’t her own. After emptying her stomach, she collapsed and seemed to lose herself again. She lay there and continued talking.

“I don’t know how long I was like that. I just remember waking up feeling like I hadn’t eaten in years. I felt like I was dying, but of course, I knew I was dead already. But the worst thing—the worst part of it was that I remembered. I remembered everything! I should have gone insane on the spot, but I didn’t. I don’t know why! I wish I had! I remembered ripping out the throats of the children that had been my friends! My neighbours! I killed everyone I came across! Everyone! I knew every single one of them personally and I slaughtered them like animals! I killed every last one of them even if I didn’t bite all of them myself… Some of them had even tried to help me, not even knowing the kind of danger they were in when I staggered though their doors… M-my own friends. I watched them turn into groaning, shambling freaks, and I could remember all of it perfectly.

“I walked here from the island. Corpses can’t swim, so I just held my breath. I can hold it for years now. I’ve tried. Animals avoided me. I guess even fish can sense danger better than people. After getting to the mainland, I avoided being seen, but I still killed almost twenty more people. The first person I saw after waking up was a boy about my age. At least… the age I look. I bit his throat, and then remembered what I’d have done to him if I let him lie there. I gnawed through the flesh of his neck and snapped his head off at the spine. I still can’t bear to think about what I’m doing whenever I drink blood. All I knew was that even if I killed people, I was never going to turn anyone else into a ghoul. I would have been a sight, if anyone had seen me. A teenaged girl dragging a headless corpse with her. I found a kitchen supply store and stole a meat cleaver. I continued walking along the coast. I didn’t know what I was looking for. Not for almost a year, until I remembered that Karry had gotten off the island. I knew it because I never saw his corpse when I was still a ghoul. So I decided that I had to find Kiritsugu. If anyone would be okay with what I had become, it’d have been him. And I was too late. He’s already dead. I could probably even bring him back to life, but only as a monster.”

Shirly sat up again, the stains on her dress seeming to grow darker as she adjusted it. It looked like she had run out of tears.

“That woman the police found beheaded in a storage locker,” she whimpered miserably, “that was me. So were three of the recent disappearances. I froze the bodies in a freezer in what looks like some sort of storage cellar. They should last me a year, but… I don’t want to anymore. I don’t want to drink blood anymore. I’d do anything to go back to being a normal person. I wish I were dead but at the same time, I’m too afraid to die,” she shifted closer to Kiritugu’s gravestone. And then a pair of arms wrapped around her, on instinct, she bit down on the wrist only to jar her teeth against metal.

“Wha…?”

“Even if you were to bite me, I wouldn’t turn into a ghoul. You have nothing to worry about,” Saber whispered. “And I can’t vouch for the quality of my blood either. You see, I’m technically already dead as well.”

Shirley quivered like dying bird in Saber’s arms. It was the first time since she was human that she had been able to touch someone without turning them into a monster. She let herself fall into the embrace as Saber dispelled her armor. At the scent of blood she again tried to bite her. The Servant didn’t even react, but the moment her teeth broke the skin it felt like she was drinking liquid metal. She coughed.

“Careful now,” Saber whispered.

She let herself relax and wrapped her own arms around the Servant.

“I can honestly say I wasn’t expecting that,” Rin said. She smiled, slipping her hand into Shirou’s. “And here we are, standing in a graveyard with a vampire. I can cross that off my bucket list.”

“Whatever you say.”

Shirley had taken to mumbling into Saber’s chest as she lay there.

“I’m sorry, Kerry.

“I’m so, so sorry.”

(Scene end)

Author’s Note: I saw episode 18 of Fate/Zero and when I didn’t explicitly see Shirley get killed, I immediately knew I wanted her in my story. There’s a one in one hundred chance of a ghoul awakening as one of the living dead, which is pretty much what she is. It seems that Norikata Emiya's formula did something after all, but as you can see, she still isn't quite right. Anyway, I expected that if Arcueid could be nice, couldn’t Shirley be a nice vampire too, even if she wasn’t a True Ancestor? Doesn’t she deserve that?

I think it didn’t turn out quite the way she’d have liked though. Maybe I should write a scene mimicking this with the clock turned back to before Kiritsugu died?

I’m sorry, Shirley. You really deserved so much better…

Meanwhile, back at the Emiya residence, Sakura and her Archer (currently planning on giving her Robin Hood) are going to be defending themselves against Assassin’s (Carmilla’s) first incursion against Zouken’s disobedient grandchildren. I have a scene thought out that makes Sakura look like a total badass without even needing to go dark. Speaking of, doesn't Christina Valenzuela just do a stellar job voicing Sakura? She's just adorable! (I'm absolutely positive that I just alienated myself from at least one third of the site. I'm just sure of it).
    Last edited by Draconic; June 8th, 2016 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Spelling correction and accuracy check.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Sigurd and Brynhild’s first night together in Japan... As told from the perspectives of Rin and Shirou

UPDATED! Again.

Sigurd and Brynhild’s first night together in Japan...
    As told from the perspectives of Rin, Shirou and Saber...

There was another crash from the living room, and Rin tossed and turned for the umpteenth time that night. Wrapping her pillow around her head to cover her ears did a little bit to muffle the noise, but not enough to be worth the strain of keeping her arms pressed up against the sides of her heads at an awkward angle.

“What are they doing in there?”

As if in response, Brynhild cried out in ecstasy loud enough to get the dogs barking.

“Yeah, thanks, Lancer. Good to have your input,” she moaned. “Ugh, tomorrow morning is going to suck!

She suddenly got a mental image of her Servant doing something to Luvia’s that made her skin crawl.

“Calm down, that’s modern, you don’t even know what technique—why am I even talking to myself about this?!

She punched the side of her headboard, and tossed again in frustration, slamming hard into the mattress.

Why had she agreed to let him stay over?!

“Hey, Saber,” Shirou opened to doors to the dojo, “are you having any luck…”

“I’ve had some difficulty concentrating tonight,” she deadpanned.

“Huh. What do think the probl—” he cut himself off as Saber gave him a look. She didn’t speak, but the rhythmic thumping noise coming from the living room answered his question for her.

“Oh. Right,” he grumbled. “Did you want to call it a night, or…?”

Saber shook her head.

“I doubt I’ll get any sleep with that racket in progress,” she sighed. “I’d get a snack, but of prefer not to witness the act currently in prog—.”

There was the thick snap-crunch of wood breaking quickly followed by the sound of many smaller objects shattering.

Saber’s eyes shot open. That was a kitchen cabinet that just broke.

“I’d like to retract my previous statement. I must protect my—er—your food,” she blushed, not only because of her pronoun troubles.

Shirou gaped.

“Saber, no! You don’t have to do this,” he whispered, abject horror seeping into his voice. “You have no idea what you might find in there.”

“You forget that I caught Lancelot and Guinevere in the act,” Saber said, bolstering her resolve. She summoned her armor and clenched one hand into a fist. “This isn’t my first time in a compromising situation. I can do this, I must!

“But you didn’t know you were going to find them like that. This is a risk you’re taking with foreknowledge of the situation!”

Her only answer was a nod. Then she stormed out of the room and headed toward the kitchen. Shirou followed her to the corner of the hall, where she turned, approached the room in question…

And then came to an abrupt stop outside the living room door. She turned away for a moment a wild blush on her face.

The thumping continued. Then Shirou watched as she steeled her resolve once more and slid the door open. The noises instantly grew louder. There was some clattering after she had gone inside, and a few moments later, she hurried out of the room carrying several loaves of bread, as well as multiple jars of spices, sauces, ingredients, and various other foodstuffs, using her skirt as a makeshift bag.

Her blush wasn’t any worse, though when she got back to the dojo, he could feel the heat radiating from her face.

“I was lucky enough not to see anything,” she gasped anxiously.

“That might have been the bravest thing I’ve ever seen you do.”

“That’s nonsense, and you know it.”

Shirou didn’t think so.

“Nevertheless, though I recovered these, I have one more task.”

She knelt down and set the jars and other objection the floor of the dojo. Then she turned back to the living room, the door still open and still emitting unmentionable noises from within. She dashed inside and there was the sound of something heavy being moved.

About a minute later, Shirou suddenly heard Saber yelp, followed by a thud. As much as he wanted to rush to her side, he couldn’t bring himself to go into that room.

After what seemed like an eternity, Saber emerged from the darkness carrying the refrigerator, putting it down outside and carefully closing the living room door. She must have been holding the fridge awkwardly in her rush to get out and dropped it. Her hair was slightly mussed, but she seemed otherwise intact.

Until Shirou saw her face that is. Her blush was far more intense now, and was actually reaching down below the collar of her dress.

She didn’t respond. She didn’t even make eye contact. She hung her head, letting her bangs fall over her eyes.

“Saber, are you alright? Did something happen?”

She nodded silently.

“You saw something?”

Another nod.

“Oh, god, I’m sorry. I’ll take the fridge for you and plug it in somewhere else for now. Okay?”

She nodded again.

He took a moment to try and get a good grip on the appliance. If he was to be honest with himself, he wasn’t entirely sure why Saber had felt the need to move it. It wasn’t like the other two spirits would—

Another crash, followed by something snapping, and he decided, no, anything was possible.

Just as he got himself and the fridge adjusted to a movable position, Saber grabbed him by the shoulder, clamping it in a vice of steel, and eliciting a jump from her Master.

“I have no idea what they were doing, but that was not an act of carnality! It was the stuff of nightmares! I don’t even know what she was doing to him, with one hand on his…” a violent shudder ran down her spine, “and then she did that with her mouth and she opened it to show him, and also her other hand, and he was enjoying it, and—” she stopped babbling to catch her breath, realizing that she had begun to hyperventilate. What in the devil’s name had she just witnessed?!

“Maybe you should get some rest?” Shirou suggested. Though she initially shook her head, the noble in her was beginning to take hold again and she was already chastising herself for her immature behavior. Finally, after a few minutes, she let go of Shirou, nodding timidly.

“I’ll take care of the food. You have nothing to worry about.”

“Very well,” she whispered, dispelling her armor and retreating to her room.

Is she gonna be alright? he wondered. Her reaction was definitely worrisome. He hadn’t known her to have a weak constitution for anything.

She was very stressed lately though.

He had to be able to help somehow.

Two simultaneous cries interrupted his train of thought.

He checked the clock. It was eleven p.m. It wasn’t even late yet. How was he supposed to sleep with this going on?

11:30 p.m.

Rin wished she had just stayed up like the others. There was another crash and the sound of something shattering, followed by the sound of her door opening-what-the-hell?!

Saber walked inside, clad in her lion-print pyjamas, and Rin sighed in relief. For a moment there, she was sure it was the two fervent lovers.

Wait… why was she dragging a bedroll in with her?

And why did she look like she had gazed upon the face of Satan?

She voiced these questions, but all Saber said in response was ‘I wish I knew, or perhaps that I didn’t.’

It suggested a few things, but not enough for her to make a definitively correct assumption on.

Moments later the door opened again, and Shirou walked in, dead on his feet.

“Okay, first why are you in my room?” Tohsaka demanded, “and second, what the hell did you carry on your back for three days and three nights?”

“A refrigerator.”

“I won’t even ask.”

“And you should already know why I’m here,” he continued, seeming not to have heard her as he dropped another bedroll onto the floor across from Saber, who had curled into a ball and was holding her hands over her ears. “You were with us when Sakura made me promise not to sleep in the storage shed. But without that, this room is the farthest room from the living room.”

“And I can still hear them…” Rin whined. “I almost wish I were on patrol with Sakura and the weasel.”

Another shrill cry from Lancer and Rin rolled out of bed just to add momentum when she punched the floorboards.

“What the hell are they even doing in there?” she snarled.

“I’m more worried about what they’re doing to the room,” Shirou groaned, draping an arm over his eyes.

“Oh god, the stains.”

“Augh! Don’t even make me think about that. That is not a mental image I want floating around in my head!”

Rin snickered but her non-laughter descended into a fit of pseudo-sobbing.

She didn’t know how much more of this she could take without losing her grip.

12:00

The thumping and moaning continued.

“Shirou, your walls are paper, and I hate you for it. This is all your fault. I don’t know how yet, but I’m sure I’ll figure something out.”

Saber lay curled up in her bedroll, and a shiver ran up her spine having nothing to do with the temperature.

“If we get through this, I swear I’ll have a newfound appreciation for unconsciousness,” Shirou moaned pathetically.

“If we get through this, I swear I’ll club each and every one of you idiots over the head with a lamppost,” Rin whined.

1:00 a.m.

More thumping, and moaning over the course of an hour, with the occasional crash, snap, or shattering noise.

Rin looked at Shirou and Saber, both lying in their respective bedrolls, and very much awake.

She finally summoned the energy to climb back into bed as a new rhythm of thumping commenced, she pulled the covers over her head. They did nothing to muffle the noises.

2:00 a.m.

“How long can he even keep it up?” Shirou wondered as the two Spirits in the living room continued going at it. He knew Heroic Spirits had superhuman stamina, but this was ridiculous.

For the first time in two hours, Saber spoke up.

“I can’t be entirely certain, but he is both a Norseman and a Heroic Spirit. Assuming his status as a Spirit has increased his already strong endurance, I would estimate… indefinitely.

Shirou and Rin both groaned in sleep-deprived misery.

They could hear Brynhild crying out, the sound slightly muffled from behind the several walls (and trees) between them and the living room. Suddenly:

"Yes! Yes! Oh, just like that! Augh! Jam it in! JAM IT IN! Oh gods!"

Shirou and Rin both cringed.

Saber felt a chill run down her spine. She had no idea what it was, but something about that twice-repeated phrase deeply unsettled her, igniting a formless dread in the darkest depths of her heart. She just knew those three words were going to haunt her for many painful nights to come.

2:30 a.m.

Rin’s eyes suddenly shot open, her exhausted mind having finally recognized a fact of great significance related to what Saber had told them earlier.

“Shirou, you son of a bitch!” she shrieked tearfully. She grabbed the first thing she could lay her hands on, in this case, her pillow, and pounced on the boy in the room, smacking him over the head over and over again with the cushion.

“Ow! Rin! Agh! Rin, stop—ack! Seriously! What did I do?!”

“You know perfectly well what you did! You didn’t remind me that I could have summoned Archer again!”

“And why are you suddenly so upset about that now? That was days ago.”

“Don’t give me that. Weren’t you just listening to Saber? You’ve deprived me of an infinite orgasm! That could be me in there, having the time of my life!”

“Oh,” Shirou said, not entirely sure how he wanted to respond to that. He decided that his addled brain could have done better, but it could also have done worse.

“Yeah, and after that, I’d beat him senseless, and spend the next week figuring out how to render the bastard impotent.”

“You’re the bastard here!”

“Look, how was I supposed to know any of that? If you want a heroic spirit male escort, I’m sure that can be arranged…somehow,” Shirou muttered.

“It wouldn’t be Archer.”

I’m Archer! But with a noticeably better personality!”

“But you can’t last indefinitely,” she snapped.

Shirou turned over underneath Rin and began smacking his forehead into the floor until it started to hurt. So he continued the motion into his hands.

Saber covered her ears. Why had she even opened her mouth?

3:00 a.m.

There had—miraculously—been a few minutes of silence and Rin was just on the cusp of tumbling into dreamland when Saber suddenly gave a hoarse yelp of terror, going bolt upright.

Rin could feel tears welling in her eyes.

Saber was breathing heavily, as though having just run a marathon, and she was blushing brighter than a lightbulb. She reached around under the sheets of her bedroll for something, and may or may not have found it, but whichever the case, her face only grew redder.

“Saber, is everything okay?”

She shook her head. Though Rin was furious at being woken up by an obviously traitorous bunkmate, she had to admit Saber looked adorable.

“Nightmare… you were there and—and—” her voice grew more and more strangled as her noble bearing tried to assert itself, but her sleep-deprived brain was having none of that. She was an eighteen-year-old girl until morning, and god help her if she tried to be anything else. She was blushing so hard she was sure that she was getting a sensation in her forehead that she had only ever associated with anger.

“And I was d-doing to you, what she was doing to him!” she pointed a finger toward the door to the room to avoid pointing straight at Rin. “I can’t– I don’t– I–”

Having burned out what little energy she had, Saber fell back onto the floor with exhaustion.

Shirou was blushing now, but not nearly as badly as Saber had been.

“Don’t worry,” he yawned, “Being a dream, you’ll forget most of it by morning. Hopefully you’ll be able to look me in the face by then.”

Arturia nodded her head against the pillow.

4:00 a.m.

There was less thumping now, but Brynhilda’s cries were more frequent and it sounded like there was a bull huffing in the living room.

“What time is it?” Shirou asked.

“There’s no such thing anymore,” Rin coughed, “Chronological events are henceforth determined by how infuriated we are with sexual intercourse between heroic spirits.”

“I swear, I’ll never copulate with anyone if this is what happens to everyone in the household around me during the act,” Arturia breathed.

“Eff Emm Ell…” Shirou yawned.

“I don’t even know what that means!” complained Tohsaka.

5:00 a.m.

The relief the three residents of the guest room felt when the noises finally came to a halt was beyond measurement. Infinity was just not enough.

A few minutes after the clock struck five, the front door opened, and the Matous walked inside.

A few moments later, Shirou, Rin and Saber all awoke to a bloodcurdling scream. They could barely bring themselves to move, but tried their best. Sakura abruptly flung the door open.

“Rin! The living room! It’s—things are—everything’s broken—and your Servant and Luvia’s…” she staggered and fell face first onto Shirou’s bedroll as her knees gave out. She couldn’t have asked for a better result if she had planned it. She kind of wished she had.

“Senpai…” she murmured dreamily.

“Do you think she saw the—?” Shirou began.

“Yes,” Rin interrupted.

“Sakura! Shirou and Saber aren’t in their—” Shinji paused mid-sentence, looking at the occupants of the room, “Okay. Right.

“So, it certainly looks like I missed something fun,” he sneered. “What in hell did we miss here? Erotica night at the Emiya house?”

“Oh, you wish. Shut up! Those two goddamned Servants have kept us up for the last five-and-a-half hours!” Rin snarled, “And if you add so much as subtract another minute from my already virtually nonexistent beauty-sleep, I will stick a sword so far up your ass, that you’ll feel it probing your liver! Are we clear?”

Shinji gulped, nodded vigorously, and ran off to the other end of the house.

Rin just crashed back into bed.

11:00 a.m. – the next morning…

“Worst. Night. Ever,” Rin yawned, barely keeping herself upright.

“I can barely see straight,” Shirou moaned.

When they came to the living room, Shirou found he was very hesitant to open the door. If he was honest with himself, he dreaded what he would find on the other side.

“Step aside,” Saber growled, already dressed, and marching past the two mages. She slid the door open.

There was literally nothing intact in the entire room. To their credit, the two Spirits had put their clothes back on, but that wouldn’t save them from the wrath of Arturia Pendragon.

She picked Sigurd up by the hair, waking up Lancer who immediately began protesting.

“Wait! What are you going to do to him?!” she asked, on the verge of having a panic attack.

To her relief, Saber dropped him on the doormat in the front hall.

“That was thoroughly unpleasant, Saber. Would you care to explain what—”

“Out!” she barked.

“What?”

Out! Kindly remove yourself from our house before I take action against you. I shall not tolerate your presence here a moment longer! Out! Now! Go back to Luvia and Caster, and do not let me see your face for three days and three nights.”

“Saber?” Brynhild stammered, “What did he do? How can we fix this?”

“And you!” she pointed one armored finger at the Valkyrie. “The next time you decide you’re having him over, I’ll be much obliged if the two of you would alter your destination to the Einzbern estate outside of town. You can be as loud as you want there, and there will be nobody around for you to keep up for seven hours! In the meantime, sit in the corner and reflect on the discomfort you’ve brought upon the rest of this household. You’re not allowed to sleep tonight either.”

Brynhild turned to look at Rin, who was clapping lightly.

“M-Master?”

“Way to go, Saber! What she said, Lancer. Sit in the corner! I’d honestly make a dunce cap, but I need to help repair the entire living room which you and Loverboy wrecked like the Hindenburg! Do not make me use a command seal, because I swear to god I’ll use one if you disobey this order.”

The Valkyrie looked heartbroken. This was her morning after? It took her over nine hundred years to properly consummate her relationship with her true love, and now she was being punished for it?

“You still get breakfast. As soon as we make the room look like Godzilla hasn’t passed through here. Be grateful we’re allowing you that much.”

“Begging your pardon, Master. What is a Godzilla?”

“Big lizard. Like, skyscraper big. Breathes heat rays. Fictitious though, so no need to worry about him showing up.”

“I see.”

They began fixing the extensive damage done to the room.

Shirou started with the furniture, using reinforcement magic to put the table and the shelves back together, as Saber collected shards of the broken dishes with a hand brush and dustpan. Rin used magic to remove the stains, left everywhere from… well, she preferred not to think about what it was that she was cleaning. At least she didn't have to leave it anywhere. Whenever she pulled anything out of a tatami mat or wooden object, she just disintegrated it. She didn't even look at it.

After about an hour, they began to feel like the worst was over, but were startled when they heard the roar of a furious Luvia as she just about tore Shirou's front door out of its fixture. She stormed into the living room, dragging Alt. Saber with her by the collar, positively seething. The best word to describe her was disheveled. her hair was a mess, not done up in its usual curls, and her eyes looked ten years older from lack of sleep.

"Wow," Rin smirked, the glint in her eyes offset by the heavy bags shadowing them. "Do I even want to know?

"Oh, playing the fool are we? you know precisely what I'm talking about! Caster! If you'd be so kind as to join us? You're not exempt from punishment."

Her voice held a tone of menace unlike anything they'd ever heard from her. They were glad it wasn't directed at them.

Caster wasn't one to cower, but Rin didn't fail to notice she was still keeping to the edges of the room as casually as she could.

Sigurd noticed that his counterpart was glaring at him, her gaze promising a slow, painful death if he didn't leave soon. Or perhaps merely a drawn-out painful beating. Arturia wasn't nearly that unreasonable; she just didn't want him around.

Rin spoke up.

"Okay, look, I can't even imagine how you could possibly have—"

"Caster, if you wouldn't mind explaining that you're a shameless voyeur," Luvia prompted.

Everyone in the room gaped, their gasts utterly flabbered. Caster tilted her head in bemusement. What was the fuss?

Suddenly Lancer went bright red, for obvious reasons.

"What?!" she roared. "How dare you! Have you no shame, Caster, that you would look upon those consummating their love for one another as though it were some sort of base form of entertainment?!"

Rin and Shirou decided it was best that they didn't let Brynhild discover porn.

Caster smirked, for her part.

"I think you misunderstand. I don't take any pleasure from watching your intercourse last night—"

"I'm sure," Luvia growled, "Otherwise you would have been snickering in the next room all night like a lunatic. Oh wait, that's exactly what you were doing!"

Brynhild made as though to cover herself, despite having put her clothes back on hours prior.

"Very well, I confess that your screaming amuses me, Lancer, " she said, watching as the Valkyrie's hands balled into fists, a look of barely contained rage marring her normally serene features. "Nevertheless, I had other, far more strategic reasons for monitoring you last night."

"Oh, this should be good." Rin sneered.

"Pray tell, Servant," Luvia prompted.

"Foremost among these reasons is that during acts of carnality, people tend to lower their mental defenses, making them far more susceptible to telepathic attacks. Specifically, you let me read your mind for near seven hours last night, Lancer. While you were screaming hilariously."

"That's it!" Lancer shrieked, her armor materializing.

She leaped over the table, and raised her arm, and would have backhanded Caster into the next town over—literally—but for Caster drawing Rule Breaker, and forcing the other Servant to stop mid swing or risk being stolen from her master. Not that Brynhild would have minded being with Sigurd all the time, but she was Rin's guardian in this war. And she cared for Rin too. Not in the same way, but nevertheless…

Rin cleared her throat, shooting her Servant a stern look. Hanging her head, Brynhild went back to sitting in the corner.

"And what do the two of you have to say for yourselves?" Luvia scowled, addressing Sigurd and Brynhild. "Though Caster seems to have bad habits, it was the sound of the two of you screaming through Caster's scrying orb that's responsible for my sorry appearance today."

"I feel as though you might be overreacting, Master," Sigurd suggested.

"Oh, you'll know when I'm truly overreacting, Saber. I assure you this is not it. You two were noisier than a heard of elephants last night!"

"The onus still falls on Caster for watching us in the first place, you realize?" Sigurd said, shaking his head.

"Your point is valid, and I'm going to ignore it," said Luvia. "Because I'm angry."

She took a few deep breaths, then stood up.

"Well, now that we all know what you've done, and I've semi-publicly shamed the both of you, it's time to dish out your punishment.

"Caster, Saber, neither of you eats today. Consider it self-imposed fasting."

For a moment, Arturia looked like she might have an arrhythmia, or even a full-on heart attack before remembering with no shortage of relief that Luvia was referring to Sigurd, not her. Her relief could be felt by everyone in the room.

"If I could ask one question, Master." Caster said pointedly, though her grin betrayed her amusement. "How do you intend to stop me?"

It might have been poor judgement. It might have been extreme fatigue. Or most terrifying of all, it might have been that Luvia was completely in her right mind and did it anyway. She raised her left hand and shouted:

"Caster, by order of command seal, you shall not eat anything nor drink anything other than water for the next three days, and three nights, so to ensure you have no loopholes! You shall not so much as put anything in your mouth other than tap water! How was that for keeping you in line?"

A command seal faded from her hand and she glared victoriously at her Servant, who looked torn between outrage and genuine admiration.

"Master, are you completely insane, wasting a command seal on something so trivial as this?" she screamed.

"Oh, I assure you I haven't taken leave of my senses, for a moment. You made the grave error of invoking my wrath, Caster. I would advise that you avoid doing so again in the near future," she turned on her heel and stormed out of the house, dragging Sigurd with her. "Good day to you all!" she called back ferociously, slamming the sliding door behind her.

The Emiya house's occupants stared out the living room door, through which Luvia had made her exit.

"Wow," said Shirou, hoping to fill the deep silence. Then, "You're sure you two aren't related?"

Tohsaka didn't dignify the grotesque suggestion with a response.

One of the other doors opened and Sakura shuffled in, rubbing her eyes sleepily.

"Is everything okay?" she asked, yawning. "I thought I heard yelling."

Rin resisted the impulse to hug the stuffing out of her little sister.

"It's fine," answered Shirou, "Luvia came over to complain about her servants, and then left. So you can still sleep in some more, if you want."

"Mmm… mmkay…" she said sleepily, closing the door behind her and wandering back to bed.

"I honestly turned into my sister's fan girl for a few moments there," said Tohsaka.

"We should probably get back to work," Shirou sighed.

Looking around the still fairly damaged room, everyone seemed to agree.

By the time Sakura woke up, a few hours later, the living room looked like nothing had happened to it at all, beyond the three people sleeping around the table.

Brynhild was still in the corner.

And that is unfortunately all I have of that. I hope you found it amusing. Signing off.
    Last edited by Draconic; August 12th, 2016 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Expanded the scene, again.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, while I can't guess where you'll go with these snippets, you've got a gift for making me laugh - obviously, I'll have to remember to keep an eye out for your fic(s) in the future.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Unpromised Victory, isn't it sad? CG-3m1y4's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    I like that Shirley bits, definitely can see it being a potential fic series. And the last one is pretty hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by My F/GO Collab Dream Never

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Author’s Note: This will be the last update to this thread before it becomes the home of deleted scenes, though I also plan on tacking on a bit more to the endings of both previous scenes.
    In this next preview, we see Luvia summoning her servant…
    Enjoy.

A woman in a violet robe, eyes hidden beneath a deep hood, stood before her now. “I ask you then, girl; are you my master?” the woman asked, smiling with the corner of her mouth.

Violet lipstick? Luvia noted, Who would ever wear such a thing?

“Why, yes I am.” she answered, “My, I’m glad to see you catch on quickly.”

She began to notice a chill in the room. It hadn’t been nearly this cold before she had performed the summoning rite. The woman frowned beneath her hood.

“It would have been ever so tiresome to have a Servant who needed to have things explained to him,” she said, gliding around behind Luvia to whisper over her shoulder, “Now wouldn’t it?”

With that as her only warning, a skeletal hand ripped its way out of the floor, followed by an arm. Luvia shrieked as skeletal creatures began pulling themselves out from beneath the floorboards with an unholy rattling noise. A thin fog began to condense around them as the temperature in the room began to drop. Though the woman’s hood hid her eyes completely, Luvia was overcome by the sensation of being carefully watched by a cunning predator.

“I assure you that you have no need to instruct me, little miss,” she continued to speak over Luvia’s shoulder. “And don’t be frightened of my dragon tooth warriors. They’ll never attack you as long as you possess your command seals, and as a magus, you’re skill is… adequate. At least for a child.”

“How dare you!”

The woman’s lips twitched upwards ever so slightly, and the skeletons’ bones clicked together as they shuffled closer.

“How dare I? I wonder?” she drawled, “Perhaps if you were to pay more attention, you’d have sensed the difference in our abilities. In comparison to myself, your capacity as a mage barely warrants so much as a glance, much less any true attention.”

Luvia’s eyes narrowed, trembling with fury.

“That said, I will admit that I have you at an unfair advantage, being a heroic spirit.”

Taking a deep breath, Luvia answered with as much dignity as she could manage.

“I take it that this means you belong to the Caster class.”

“Yes, indeed I am.”

As angry as she felt, Luvia knew that there were still a few formalities that needed to be taken care of.

“Very well, so you’re a Caster and have all the strengths and weaknesses associated with that class of Servant. What else should I know about you? Do you have any proficiencies or deficiencies that I should know about?”

Once again, the invisible eyes watching her began boring holes into her soul. Caster’s brief smile had vanished and her lips were now set in a neutral line.

“Perhaps we should get to know each other better before I start telling you what makes me tick.”

“Hmph. Have it your way then. My name is Luviagelita Edelfelt, heir to the Edelfelt family.”

“Mind your tone, little girl, lest I be forced to teach you a lesson in manners that has nothing to do with etiquette.”

Folding her arms across her chest, Caster took to drifting around the hotel room, keeping her eyes, locked on her master. She also dispelled her dragon tooth warriors, knowing that for the time being, she needed to conserve her mana. One by one, the skeletal monsters dissolved into black mist and vanished.

“I—You… Argh!” Luvia ran her hands through her glorious curls with obsessive fervor as the frustration she felt continued mounting. “I thought Servants were supposed to be obedient!”

“We are, dear. You just need to focus on the bigger picture here. I’ve no intention of insulting your pride. Even the difference in our skill levels has no reflection on your ability as a mage.

“I merely meant that as a spellcaster, I am beyond comparison,” once again, Caster let a smirk appear on her lips, holding it for a few moments before letting it drop.

“You’re that good, are you?”

“Yes I am, and I say that without exaggeration. No sorcerer throughout history could ever match my skill as a mage,” she paused, putting a hand to her lower lip in contemplation, “Actually, though it pains me to do so, I may need to retract that statement. There is one who might be my equal or even superior to me, but I’ve never had the opportunity to meet him.”

“And who might this powerful sorcerer be, Servant?”

“Why, Merlin, of course.”

“And you say he is the only man whose skill can even be compared to your own? My, now I’m burning with curiosity. Who are you, really?”

Caster’s expression, at least what Luvia could see of it, didn’t change, but her tone indicated that she was satisfied.

“I’ve been called many things, but aside from Caster, my favorite is the name I was born with. You may call me Medea.”

“Medea,” the smile that took over Luvia’s face was reserved, but she was quite obviously thrilled. “I see why you’re so confident in your abilities. The witch who brought heroes to…their…knees.”

The temperature of the room plunged. Caster’s mouth was twisted into a scowl as she lunged across the room toward Luvia, stopping inches from her face. Her cloak billowed out to her sides like a pair of batwings.

“Little girl,” she said, her tone smoldering in contrast to the chill in the room. “Call me what you like, but if you value your continued existence, you will never refer to me as a witch, ever again. Do we understand one another?”

“Y-Yes! Yes! M-my deepest apologies!” Luvia gasped, shocked by the aura of sheer terror Caster had given off. “I promise, I’ll never call you…that… ever again, whether you’re present or not. Not for the rest of my life.”

The room’s temperature abruptly returned to normal, and Caster nodded, taking a slow breath to calm herself.

“That will do. That will do just fine,” she said, “My apologies, Master. I assure you that my temper isn’t lost easily. I happen to have an… unfortunate history with men who’ve called me a witch. You do seem to be a decent girl. Perhaps a little naïve, but who isn’t at your age?

“I’ll admit, you do remind me of another girl I once met. An enemy Master in a previous Holy Grail War. I found her to be an unbearable little tart. Perhaps my perspective is biased by my opposition toward her, but you seem to lack the qualities that made me dislike her so much.”

Luvia didn’t like admitting that she had anything in common with that lowborn upstart, but she was still curious, even if it was also incredibly unlikely.

“This girl you refer to,” she began, “Her name wouldn’t happen to have been Rin Tohsaka?”

Caster broke out in a grin, her shoulders trembling until she couldn’t contain her glee any longer and laughed. It was a diabolical laugh, but it did seem appropriate in the context of their conversation. For the first time, Luvia felt just the faintest bit of warmth in that invisible gaze.

The sorceress allowed her laughter to run its course and then glided into the easy chair in the corner of the room and with a flick of her hand toward the kitchenette, made the kettle fill itself and set itself down on the stove.

“Miss Luvia, was it? You seem to be quite the interesting young woman. I expect that we’re going to get along incredibly well.”

Luvia was beside herself. Not only had she summoned an incredibly powerful Servant, but the wit… er… sorceress even knew and disliked her sworn nemesis among her peers at the Clock Tower. Things couldn’t possibly get any better!

“Hmm…”

“Are you sensing something, Caster?” she asked, checking on the tea.

“Nothing of great importance. Nor can I be certain,” Caster noted, “as my scrying crystal is still foggy. However, it appears as though that our mutual friend has just tripped over a stray cat.”

Luvia grinned like a bottle imp.

Life was just so wonderful.

(scene end)

Chapter One of Fate/Sixth Dual coming soon folks, and then I'll be renaming this little corner of the forum will be renamed the Deleted Scenes Thread and repurposing it for wider use.

As for why it's going to be called 'Sixth Dual,' rather than 'Sixth Duel,' which might seem to make more sense, that should become apparent fairly early on in the story, if I haven't already told you why in one my other forum posts. I mean, it's kind of vague, but isn't that what makes it sound an authentic Japanese series name? Heheheh.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    Luvia and Medea?

And now I have this sudden chill down my spine . . .

EDIT: And after reading the update - oooh, Luvia's going to pay for that. *Winces*
    Last edited by Kieran; June 9th, 2016 at 12:13 PM.

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    No she won't. Caster respects her moxie. It's the entire reason they get along. The most that will result from this is a prank war omake.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    . . . Somehow, the idea of getting into a prank war with Caster - given her history of dirty tricks - does not make me feel better about Luvia's chances.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Holy crap, I fished this out of whatever lonely hole in the ground this belongs in…

Anyway, here's a short piece of work that will show up early on in the final product if that ever shows up at all. I'd like to (re)introduce you to a character you may be familiar with. His circumstances are certainly different, but I'm hoping I didn't get him totally wrong.

A mage and his girlfriend walk into a living room.

It wasn't the opening line of a bad joke. Far from it.

If it had been a joke, there wouldn't be an entire family of five scattered around the rest of the house with their chest cavities slashed open. And most importantly, there wouldn't be a teenaged girl, the fifth and sole surviving member of the household, sobbing in terror in the middle of the floor, hands and feet bound with duct tape, which was also wound around her head, at the mouth. It wouldn't do at all if she started screaming for help.

The young man sat nearby in an easy chair, spinning a knife between his fingers. He wore a wrinkled white suit, likely having lost its shape months ago. And despite the multiple murders he'd commuted in the last hour, it was almost completely free of bloodstains, the sole exception being the hem of his right pant leg. His bleached blond hair was still damp from having been washed, but still looked greasy. Beside him stood a woman. Her face, framed by her long, olive-green hair seemed to perpetually be fixed into a neutral smile. She looked as though she felt nothing, but was trying to make it appear otherwise.

"Sorry, sweetheart, we tried it with just the catalysts," the man said in a tone suggesting that not only wasn't he sorry, but that he was enjoying himself a fair bit. "Needless to say…that didn't work out."

He gestured with the knife in his hand toward the six very different knives placed around the girl, each one savage and exotically shaped.

"Now, preferably we'd be doing this with a Whitechapel whore, but I already spent a crapton of money to buy my darling Reika's life back from the pimp that owned her. I could have killed him, but you know how it is, I needed to keep things subtle. Not so much anymore."

The girl whimpered. The man stood up and walked over to her, cutting open her shirt. He needed the blood on the circle, after all, not soaked into her clothes.

"Anyway, as you probably guessed, I'm about to kill you—"

The girl burst into another fit of muffled wailing, renewing her effort to struggle out of her bindings. Futile.

"Oh, don't be like that. Your entire family's bought it already, you won't have anywhere to go, and if I left you alive, the Mage's Association will hunt you down and probably kill you horribly. Set you on fire or some crap like that. They're pretty merciless when it comes to witnesses. I'm doing you a favor, really. Instead of starving to death in an alley, probably after being raped by a bunch of thugs, you'll die here in your own living room, with all your skin, and with your, erm, presumed virginity intact, by the way."

It was just about the lousiest excuse for a consolation that had ever been uttered that side of Fuyuki. Though there was a certain church on the other side of town said to have a rather depressed congregation. The girl stiffened as she felt the freezing point of the man's knife on her stomach. It slowly glided along her skin, not quite close enough to slice, as though he wasn't quite sure where he wanted to cut her. He suddenly stood up.

Her last conscious though was, Has he changed his mind?

Sagara Hyouma had most certainly not changed his mind. Obviously. He'd just kicked the girl in the head.

"Well, I'd say that even if she wasn't suffering, she was definitely frightened enough. So she won't feel a thing, just like you asked. Whatever, I guess. Our man killed those girls without too much fuss anyway."

"Thank you," Reika said quietly.

"Okay, just about ready. Stand back and don't say a word. I screw this up, he'll probably kill both of us."

The very second he finished speaking he knelt back down and without any hesitating to check his aim, stabbed the girl clear through her heart. Blood began pumping out onto the floor, a red river flowing across the markings made on the floor.

He recited his incantation, the one that would summon his perfect assassin. He could barely wait! This was so exciting! He'd puzzled for hours over a way to get out of the trap of always summoning Hassan before he came up with this; it was so obvious that the only reason it didn't come to him instantly was because even if he was trying to ensure he didn't summon Hassan, said assassin was still the focus of that thought.

Reika stood next to him, one delicate hand on his shoulder, and he gestured for her to stay behind him. This man was not to be trusted around women, especially not prostitutes. Not even former prostitutes.

There was far less drama to the Servant's entrance than he was expecting. No bright lights, no thunderclaps, just a slight fog slowly billowing outward along the floor from the center of the circle. It didn't even reach their ankles.

And at that center, there now stood a man just a bit taller than him clad in an elegant Victorian suit. Going by appearance alone, he looked like the perfect charmer. His features were handsome, if not a little gaunt, but even then, just barely. He had a curled moustache, wore a top hat, carried a gentleman's cane in a white-gloved hand, and his eyes…

His eyes…

Despite looking directly at the man's face, he couldn't focus on his eyes. They were utterly intangible. He definitely had eyes. They were there whenever Sagara wasn't looking at his face, but whenever he tried to look at them, his own eyes would go out of focus, or involuntarily shift away. He even closed his eyes without having even meant to blink.

The Servant smirked.

"Having some trouble, are we, good sir?"

"Y-Your eyes. They're—" he cut himself off, "never mind. It's not an immediate concern."

"Very well. That being the case, I would ask of you; which among the two of you is my Master?"

He had a pleasant, and very classy British accent it seemed. Only natural.

Finally, Sagara managed to look him in the eye for just a fraction of a second, and he answered.

"I'm your Master," he said, displaying his command seals, "and you're Jack the Ripper, aren't you?"

"No."

Sagara nearly burst a blood vessel.

"What?! All that time and effort to summon the most legendary serial killer in English history. All that work to find those knives… How many hours of research? I wasted an entire family here and I didn't even get the right servant," he moaned.

"You would do well to listen before wallowing in your puddle of self-pity," said the gentleman. "You say you did your research, so I would hope that you are already aware of this: After all, it's a very commonly known fact that Jack the Ripper was never caught. There are many theories as to who he was, but his identity remains a mystery to this day."

"So then who are you?" Sagara challenged him.

"Why, none other than Jack the Ripper of course. I'm certainly not the man himself, however."

"You look like a person to me," Sagara noted.

"Except for my conspicuously evasive eyes, it seems. And this of course."

Jack's image seemed to distort, and he swirled into a vortex of dark colors about two feet above the floor, though the distortion was exactly like the Servant's eyes. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't actually look at it, and he even found his mind wandering the more he did. The sight pushed his vision away from it. It settled back down two feet landing on the floor and left its Master's face stricken.

"Impressed?" Sagara Hyouma said back to himself. "I mean, you really should be, but I won't force you to, heheh, be anyone you're not."

"What in the hell…" Sagara—the real one—stumbled back a step, forcing Reika to retreat further behind him, though she didn't seem nearly as perturbed as the situation called for. The other man looked identical to him, with the only difference being that his eyes continued to evade his gaze.

"As Jack the Ripper was never found, he could be literally anyone," said the Sagara with impossible eyes, swirling into the air again, and reconstituting on the other side of the room as a decrepit old woman in a black shawl, bent over her cane, and carrying a sickle-shaped knife in her free hand, "He could easily return tomorrow, dear; another person killing young ladies with precise cuts with a small tool, such as a knife or scalpel."

Sagara tried to look at the woman's eyes, only to meet the same result as he had every other time. Her image melted into the air again, and now she was a young boy, looking no older than ten.

"Did you really think you were going to summon the actual Jack the Ripper, mister? You're kinda stupid aren't you?"

"Why you little—" he made a fist, but didn't throw a punch. That would get him nowhere fast. Or possibly a step back. He might lose an arm. Or a head…

"I jest, I jest," the boy said in the voice of the gentleman who had first appeared before them. Once again, he transformed, returning to the form he had taken upon being summoned. He bent down, reaching through the thin layer of fog, and picked up each knife, one by one.

"You do have my sympathies, however. Did you really think that these were the knives used by the real serial killer?" he asked, his tone not particularly sympathetic at all, yet not quite patronizing either. Without any warning, he began expertly juggling all six knives. "No one knew who he was, so how would one go about finding the tools he used to do the deeds? Someone must be having a laugh at your expense right about now, I'd figure. But no matter. Things turned out well for you in the end."

He threw the knives into the air and they embedded themselves in the floor in a perfect line.

Sagara scratched an itch above his ear. Reika clapped lightly.

"How nice," she said.

"You aren't making any sense. You aren't Jack the Ripper, but you are Jack the Ripper?"

"I'm not the man. No, I am far more than that. I am the sum of his legend. I am a man who has committed every vile act ever attributed to the notorious serial killer who so quickly became the terror of Whitechapel; the murderer known to all of London as the Ripper. I have even committed such atrocities that may not have been his doing, and were only purported to be his. Alleged accounts, even a few blatantly fictitious pieces. My experience in the art of death is far greater than any mere serial killer. And of course, since he was never caught, I am no one, but simultaneously, I am everyone! I am the perfect killer. Undetectable, untraceable, and of course, the perfect Assassin class Servant.

"You needn't bother with the true face of the man behind the tale of Jack the Ripper, for now, you have all of them."

He spread his arms, striking an elegant figure with his cane at a slight angle to the rest of his body.

Sagara sighed. It would have been nice to be the first person ever to learn the true identity of the greatest serial killer of his day. But he shook his head with a grin. The Servant was right. Why pout over missing a single face, when he could have all the faces in the world? What kind of killer was more dangerous as one who could be anyone? It was better than being invisible!"

Reika, he was disappointed to see, merely wore the same smile on her face as usual. Still empty. He'd stopped using hypnosis on her to trick her into thinking she was in love with him… well, it had to be months ago by now. It was frustrating, but there had to be something that made her feel life was worth living. And he was going to find that something if it took him fifty years. He had no idea how a girl intended to be a sacrifice had gotten to him like this, but she meant the world to him.

And that was why he was going to ensure her safety throughout this war.

"Jack, it's common knowledge these days that your victims were all women. And unfortunately, I happen to have a girlfriend. Though I'm fully prepared to trust you with my life as your Master, I do not trust you with hers." He held up his right hand.

"Reika, I know I told you that using a command seal early on is a strategical error, but I'm more than willing to part with one for your sake.

"Now, Jack the Ripper, by command seal, I hereby forbid you from killing or causing any sort of harm to this woman, named Reika Rikudou. Should you manage to find a loophole, and actually do kill her, however, you will cut off your fingers on your right hand, starting at each of the joints. Then you will cut your arm off in one-inch increments, starting with the wrist, and slowly moving up along your arm until you finish at the shoulder. Then you will do the same thing to your legs. And once you don't even have stumps except for your left arm, you will cut your own head off."

"Dear me, how brutal," said the gentleman, not sounding particularly phased at all.

"I only partially understand what's going on," said Reika, looking downcast, "but I know he's Jack the Ripper, and I'm glad you want to protect me." She was smiling again seconds later, and to Sagara's surprise, it was a different smile than the thing she always wore like a mask. The smile was genuine.

"Well, you know how I feel about you, Reika. You're the most important thing in my life. I adore you."

He waved his hand in a shooing motion, and Jack raised an eyebrow, but left the room.

Their privacy now guaranteed, he wrapped his arms around her and and captured her lips. She reciprocated the kiss, and they both knew that for now, all was right with the world. Their hands ran through each others hair, tongues explored each others mouths, as they stood in a puddle of blood, with the corpse of a teenaged girl not three feet away from them, the bodies of her mother, father and two younger brothers scattered throughout the house.

But what did they care if they were at the epicentre of a massacre? After all…

They were in love.

Author's Note: Well, the Reika I'm attempting to write is the hollow personality with barely any substance that we see before Sagara tries to kill her and is subsequently tempered into a killer by Jack the goddamn uterus sniffer.

As for Sagara, we see very little of him actually being a person before his violent jawectomy, heart-ripping, withering, and dismemberment. So, I had to make the rest of his personality on my own.

I admit I went to the wiki both before and after I read his scene in Apocrypha. From the little information about him that's available, I found a man who's actions suggest something of a Jack the Ripper fanboy. He uses small bladed tools, he's already a serial killer as his magic demands sacrifices, and he seems clever enough.

The only thing that I specifically changed from his canon appearance is that in this Fateverse, he fell in love with Reika. Somehow. It doesn't really matter to me. Either way, this team is made up of very twisted people.
    Fun fact: I originally had the stupid idea for Sagara to mention that Reika was a former prostitute as part of his reasoning for his threat-by-command seal. Then I remembered that he'd never do that if he actually was in love with her, and not only because it would very likely tempt the monster he summoned. So here's Sagara, Reika and semi-original Bersassin-Jack.

I hope I did alright.
    Last edited by Draconic; July 9th, 2016 at 11:47 AM.