Thread: Quadrat im Kreis [Tokyo Ghoul Quest]

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quadrat im Kreis [Tokyo Ghoul Quest]

The first thing you heard as you awakened was an unpleasant tone.

At first it sounds like a high-pitched whistle. Something you were familiar with. Instinctually you remember having heard something similar before. An explosion followed by the same disgusting tone that made you painfully aware of the slow passage of time. You counted every second exposed to it, every breath you took as it continued.

You felt a headache. Had the sound brought it on or did you have it the whole time? You couldn't tell. You were disoriented. Nothing here seemed familiar, except for the tone.

Slowly you became aware of other noises in the room. While it showed no signs of disappearing, at least being able to concentrate on something else would lead to distraction, and that hopefully to the relief of the droning feeling in your head.

"...could not be reached for comment. However, an official of the comission, Mister Marquardt released a press statement adressing concerns over supposed breaches of procedure in the handling of the squatters. Once again he urges collaborators to choose the legal way of blood or organ donation and emphasizes the criminal nature of the acts and calls the incident regrettable but necessary for the security of Berlin."

It was a voice almost free of inflection or emotion. A professional. As you raised your head a little you could identify the source. A small TV set.

You closed your eyes and tried to focus on the voice. You became aware of further sounds. Footsteps, far enough from you to not be worthy of any immediate attention and a rhythmic beeping.

The whistle did not go away.

You took a deep breath through your nose. An action you immediately regretted as the stinging smell of disinfectant felt like fire in your nostrils. You elected to breathe through your mouth from there on out.

Another sound. Close to you, no, right next to you. It sounded like a child greedily unwrapping a shrink wrapped present, followed by crunching sounds.

You opened your eyes again.

They meet hers immediately.

By your side, on an uncomfortable looking plain wooden chair sat a girl, who greedily devoured a handful of store-brand potato chips.

One of them fell out of her mouth, agape in disbelief.

She looked at you for a second, then grabbed the remote. For only a moment the room fell silent, save for the whistle and the beeping.

"ohmgrd"

She started coughing. First a faint hacking that quickly turned into an unpleasant retching. She quickly got up, hammering her chest as it went on. You wanted to get up and help her, or at least say something, but your body didn't seem to want to follow any of your commands.

"Doctor! DOCTOR! You gotta see this!"

She stormed out of the room.

Since your head and eyes seemed to be the only part of your body you were currently in control of you looked over your body. Your arms were covered in goosebumps. They looked strangely pale, as if all the blood had been drained from them. They were thin and lanky, and if you didn't know any better you could have sworn the slightest stress would snap them like twigs.

You looked further. The shape of your body clearly identified you as a

[] Male
    [] Female

It felt strange, as if you woke up in the body of somebody else and had no idea how to handle this new set of nerves, muscles and tendons you were given. Was this really yours?

On the reflective surface you see a face you did not recognize as yours. You were

[] A bit younger than that woman. Late teens, probably
    [] About the same age as that woman. You would guess early twenties
    [] A bit older than that woman. Your mid-twenties.

You clearly had seen better days.

----

lets see if ill drop it 2 updates in i never did this before

also expect me to screw up the lore see this as AU or something im not gonna dive the manga to get exact when i put this in another setting

also OOC vote

[] Japanese TG terms (Kakuja etc.)
    [] I3uster's patented German TG terms with glossary
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    German pls.
    I don't care about the rest because i've never seen Tokyo Ghoul.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    >[Female]
    >[A bit younger than that woman. Late teens, probably]
    >[Gratuitous German is cooler then gratuitous Japanese, I guess.]

Let's get this party started!!

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Zagrin's Avatar
    Let's see...

[Male]
    [About the same age as that woman. You would guess early twenties]
    [I3uster's patented German TG terms with glossary]

Female, a bit older than that woman, german.

[Male]

we gotta be able to drink to deal with being in this garbo setting

jk i dunno shit

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    [] Male
    [] A bit younger than that woman. Late teens, probably
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Male
    Younger
    German

Blog Entries
    Male, Same Age, German

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Yato's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Teenage femail Yuri please
    [01:10] <Pai> But... but...
    [01:10] <Pai> Guys, I've been skipping the rolling animations.
    [01:10] <Orange> don't give up
    [01:10] <drakon136> don't do that
    [01:10] <Pai> I am already down 3000 dollars btw.
    [01:10] <@Lianru> oh my god
    [01:10] <Pai> In 10 minutes.
    [01:10] <Orange> wait you already rolled 3000 dollars in 10 minutes?
    [01:10] <Reiu> jesus christ
    [01:10] <Orange> how many quartz is that
    [01:10] <@Lianru> 6k
    [01:11] <@Lianru> ish
    [01:11] <Orange> 3000 dollars or 3000 quartz
    [01:11] <I3uster> dont u sometimes think pai
    [01:11] <Pai> Dollars.
    [01:11] <I3uster> u could literally buy a hooker to dress up as scathach at that price
    [01:11] <Pai> A... real woman?

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Dranes's Avatar
    [Male]

[] Female

[] A bit older than that woman. Your mid-twenties.

Blog Entries
    [x] Female (does Buster write female MC's tho?)
    [x] Same age
    [x] German

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    [Male]
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You were immediately greeted by what seemed to be two doctors, as well as two nurses who were quickly sent away. It appeared that your awakening happening so suddenly had not been anticipated. One of them, the younger female one, entered your room with a wide grin. It was an expression that looked more like a starved college student hearing the ring of her microwave than a health professional happy about the recovery of her patient.

Accompanying her was someone more fitting your image of a doctor. He was engaged in typing something into a small, handbag-sized electronic device, but nevertheless greeted you. Something his company forgot to do, or did not care for.

You were sitting upright in your bed. With the help of a remote fixed to the side of your bed you managed to adjust the height of the upper half of it. The two doctors that were called into your room by your enthusiastic visitor asked you to do so, and observed you with concerned looks. Your movements were still slightly clumsy as you fiddled with, but slowly you seemed to get the hang of using your own body and even fine digit manipulation was now possible.

You managed to get a better look in your room. Yours was the only bed in it. This didn't look like a public hospital, the wide window illuminated an immaculately cleaned room full of brand-new looking equipment. In addition the plasma screen your visitor just turned off looked like it had quite a nice price tag attached to it for a single room.

You asked the doctors where you were. You knew the deep croaking was your voice, but like anything else about you it felt like you were using something that felt decidedly foreign.

"This is the Markus-Schultz Clinic in Berlin-Zehlendorf, subsidiary of the Antighoulkommission. My name is Dr. Michael Richter, I am the head physician of our trauma medicine department. And this is Dr. Carina Meiwes, consultant and herself researcher at the Ghoulforschungsgesellschaft. Do you remember your name mister..."

You answer. "I don't remember."

Spoiler:
    Mental Health: [][][Disoriented][][]

His tone was disaffected, but still had this mild tinge to it. A hint of a concerned parent behind professional exterior. "...hm, I see. Are you feeling disoriented right now? Dizzy? Anything that we..."

"IT TURNED THE CRANK, IGOR. IT'S ALIVE!" The woman on the other hand seemed less concerned with formalities.

"..."

"Humor helps patient recovery I heard." She giggled to herself. Among the four people in the room she seemed to be the only one affected by her attempt at methods of alternative treatment.

"Please leave the patient interaction to me." The man's fatherly touch could not hide his annyoance at his co-worker.

"Before we start talking about rehabilitation it's probably for the best when we tell you why the GFG was involved. Sixteen days ago you were severely wounded in the line of duty."

[] "Line of duty? What am I, some kind of soldier?"
    [] "What happened there?"
    [] Write in

"Your partner over here..." The girl from earlier waves her hand, not interrupting the monologue of the doctor. "...was quick to rescue you, however conventional methods would have probably resulted in your death or at best a severely brain-damaged state. So the GFG suggested the use of an experimental procedure."

The other doctor spoke up. "We elevated your RC cell level drastically for a short term, thus allowing recovery to this degree. It's still a bit speculative what exact effects might result from this but this is why we will see each other a bit more often from here on out. While the good doctor's duty is to keep you healthy, I'll see how you do as first person exposed to this new treatment. A bit like a lab rat. He feeds you and I get to inject weird stuff into you and see how things turn out!"

Your "partner" gave the woman a dead serious, cold-eyed stare but she remained silent. It seemed like she didn't enjoy her jabs.

"For this you'll have to monitor your RC count too. We'll introduce you to the device and everything later on. It's really simple. Word of warning, you WILL have to be a big boy and prick your finger. But the good news is that private clinics never run out of lollipops." To demonstrate the weight of her statement she pulled a lime green stick out of her chest pocket and handed it to you, then patted your head. You just stare at her in bewilderment.

Spoiler:
    RC Level: [][][][Nominal][]

"And lastly, your physical rehabilitation will begin on schedule tomorrow. It seems that the RC treatment has mostly taken care of muscle atrophy, but the commission wants you in shape as soon as possible. This was quite the investment for them, and they'd probably like to see the fruits of their labor with a fully recovered and life-affirming young man. Think we're done here, if you have any further questions we'll be around shortly."

Spoiler:
    Body: [][][Exhausted][][]

[] "Yeah...actually..." (write in)
    [] No question.

-----

After the dust had settled the girl that waited so patiently by your side finally spoke to you. The doctors had left so you enjoyed some privacy. They called her your partner, and her concerned eyes had surveyed you the whole time as the talk had been going on. Instinctively you felt some sense of trust in this woman, as if you had known her for a long time.

"This is pretty awful I know...try to hang in okay? It wasn't easy for me to make that choice." She sighed, then moved closer to your ear, whispering to you. "You really don't remember anything, do you?"

[] "Nothing."
    [] "Is there anything I should remember? You're acting weird."
    [] "Only that I feel like I know you."
    [] Write in

- - - Updated - - -

same age male german

lets go
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    [] "Line of duty? What am I, some kind of soldier?"
    [] "Yeah...actually..." (write in) - GFG? RC Cells?
    [] "Only that I feel like I know you."
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

[X] "What happened there?"
    [X] "WHAT IS EVEN HAPPENING RIGHT NOW AAAAAA."
    [X] "Well clearly I remember how to language. :|"

i am weak to i3uster being a whiny baby on chat

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Zagrin's Avatar
    ["What happened there?"]
    [No question.]
    ["Only that I feel like I know you."]