Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3678

Thread: Who'd dub them?

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenDragon150 View Post
    Fate/Zero's dub was brilliant imo.

In my book it was equal to the japanese track, having a better Kiritsugu, a worse Irisviel, a better screaming Iskander and worse talking Iskander (and Iskander screams a looot...)

Some scenes also sound more epic in the english track too.

Ufo's UBW's English dub would have been on the same boat, except the only actually bad voice actors were Shirou's and Rin's AKA the ones who talk the most.
    I didn't have a problem with Iris or Iskandar. As for what you said about Rin…
    Dem's fightin' words. But everyone agrees with you, so I'll lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Well, in my opinion, Mela Lee is a great Rin and Kana Ueda agrees.
    Rachel Alucard's VAs… love 'em. The only time Rin ever doesn't sound quite right IMO is during the latter part of her summoning, and then she meets Archer and sounds perfect. His new voice is also a lot more fitting than Liam O'Brian.
    But I just live for the moments when Rin puts on airs and drawls her line, and sounds exactly like Rachel.

As for Shirou... sometimes... voices just don't fit and that's ok. Acting wise Papenbrook did a nice job. In the end that's all that really matters.
    Shirou's voice was good at some points, and sounded strange in others. It fit for his PTSD and for his combat scenes. But some of his more domestic lines sounded really forced.

Quote Originally Posted by Glow View Post
    I don't really know much about GO characters, but I was going to say that just for grins and giggles Crispin Freeman should voice someone, until I remembered he does english kotomine
    He could still do his Kyon voice for someone. Young Gilgamesh, maybe? Without the credits, you could never tell Kyon and Kotomine were voiced by the same guy.

I do know Funimation has been and still is letting in more and more new talent every year.
    I wish that were true. But they don't. They want the same people to fill the same roles over and over again. Remember how Kojiriu's VA used to be the main character in everything? Now it's a different guy, but he's still always the lead. Funimation's social structure is more like that of a high school with really bitchy students. I'm honestly shocked that Aaron Dismuke was even allowed back inside after his voice cracked and he couldn't voice Alphonse Elric anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenDragon150 View Post
    That said, I like Gil's and Kojiro's current voices more. They sound very fitting for both
    Agreed. I think that the main reason I like Rin and Gil's dubs so much is because I'm a BlazBlue fan. Mela Lee voices the ever-condescending Rachel Alucard, and David Vincent as Jin is just fantastic. He's far more dramatic as Gil though.

As for who I would go for:
    Trina Nishimura as Brynhild. She always does a great job (and yet Funimation never gives her leading roles).
    Caitlin Glass as Shiki Ryougi (because she can do a very good tomboyish voice).
    Laura Bailey as Carmilla (Don't forget she voiced Lust in FMA).
    Luci Christian as Tamamo (She can be adorable and devilish at the same time).
    Kent Williams as Vlad Tepes III (Should be fairly self-explanitory if you've heard his voice. His voice just fits those bodies).
    Aaron Dismuke as Robin Hood (It'd totally fit. I'd actually prefer Johnny Young Bosch for this role, but the voice he'd use for Robin Hood would be the same voice as a certain child-massacring lunatic.)
    Last edited by Draconic; June 22nd, 2016 at 10:47 PM.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconic View Post

As for who I would go for:
    Trina Nishimura as Brynhild. She always does a great job (and yet Funimation never gives her leading roles).
    Caitlin Glass as Shiki Ryougi (because she can do a very good tomboyish voice).
    Laura Bailey as Carmilla (Don't forget she voiced Lust in FMA).
    Luci Christian as Tamamo (She can be adorable and devilish at the same time).
    Kent Williams as Vlad Tepes III (Should be fairly self-explanitory if you've heard his voice. His voice just fits those bodies).
    Aaron Dismuke as Robin Hood (It'd totally fit. I'd actually prefer Johnny Young Bosch for this role, but the voice he'd use for Robin Hood would be the same voice as a certain child-massacring lunatic.)
    The only thing I would maybe change about that is Vlad III's voice actor. I'd have Crispin Freeman myself as I loved his Alucard voice from Helsing Ultimate.

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Hmmm… you have a very good point. But on the other hand, I'm not sure Alucard's voice would suit the Fate version of the character. Though, I agree, he's brilliant. Nevertheless, my favourite line in the series was;
    "It has often been said… that I like war…"
    Two minutes of silence later:
    "My friends… I like war."

GAH! Now I'm grieving for Pip all over again! …I really need to finish watching the last three OVAs. I have no excuse.

I'm glad you thought my voices were sensible. Shiki was a real risk, because suggesting the wrong VA for such an important character would have been… Well, unintelligent. I really do like Brynhild though. I imagine that she would go for something between Kaaya (from the Tower of Druaga anime) and Makise Kurisu (Steins;Gate). Not that it could ever happen.

Oh, right.

Jen Taylor as Celenike Icecolle (voice of Cortana, and we all love her for it, but also Salem, in RWBY, and sounds like a plotting demon).

Jessica Nigri as Atalanta (voice of Cinder Fall in RWBY. Atalanta isn't a very nice kitty though. Jessica Nigri's voice is quite smooth, so maybe not perfect for a beast like this cat. Still, she can still sound very menacing. Which is perfect for a predator like Atalanta.

on the other hand, she might be a good Arcueid if she were to tone up the friendliness and down the nihilism. On second thought… nah. There are probably better choices for that one.
    Last edited by Draconic; July 8th, 2016 at 12:45 AM.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.