Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    私はペンです
    私はマリーヌ・ル・ペンです

(And so we return to racism).
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    私はマリーヌ・ル・ペンです

Ignoring all the silly bickering and making an unrelated off-topic comment: Seika, I like your new avatar a lot. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post

It doesn't work like that. terra's gotta make a new post before racism takes over the thread.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crown View Post
    It doesn't work like that. terra's gotta make a new post before racism takes over the thread.
    マリーヌ・ル・ペン is racism.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    @Crown
    Your 2nd line is "蒸発反応" by 森田 童子. Are you a fan of 森田?

- - - Updated - - -

I found my daughter's english text removed "This is a pen". I'm so sad.
    Miss Jarman said viciously: 'You must reallywant your money.'
    'No.' Harvey shook his head wearily. 'It's not that, honey. He wants to be Caneton. And nobody ever beat Caneton. Yet.'
    I said quickly: 'Bring the car through in fifteen minutes. Unless you hear shooting. Then you can decide for yourself.'
    I walked away down the bank to the right, looking for the entrance to the communication trench. I found it and turned in.
    -----
     ミス・ジャーマンが悪意に満ちた声で言った。「お金のためならどんなことでもするのね」
    「ちがう」 ハーヴェイが疲れたように首をふった。「そうじゃあないんだよ。カントンでありたいのさ。敗れ ることを知らないカントンなんだ。今まではね」
     私は口をはさんだ。「十五分たったら車をもってきてくれ。銃声を聞かなければだ。銃声が聞こえたら、自分 で判断しろ」
     私は土手に沿って右へ歩きながら塹壕への入口を探した。見つけて中に入った。

Blog Entries
    Oh wow we haven't had this much traffic in the f/z translation threads since way back when Vol. 4 was first published and Mike said Kariya was justified in killing Aoi

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    @Kyokushi
    May be you know, I remember troydenite work translation about Fate/Zero. You may ask him.

---
    This is a pen. Is this a pen?
    ---
    'No.' Harvey shook his head wearily. 'It's not that, honey. He wants to be Caneton. And nobody ever beat Caneton. Yet.'
    I said quickly: 'Bring the car through in fifteen minutes. Unless you hear shooting. Then you can decide for yourself.'
    I walked away down the bank to the right, looking for the entrance to the communication trench. I found it and turned in.
    -----

Quote Originally Posted by Ossan99 View Post
    @Crown
    Your 2nd line is "蒸発反応" by 森田 童子. Are you a fan of 森田?
    Yes. I recentely found out about her, she's amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ossan99 View Post
    蒸発反応
    蒸留反応

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    @Crown
    I believe you are very close to native Japanese.
    @Paitouch
    Oh! I had typo "蒸発" instead of "蒸留". Thank you for your correction. I have one idea. Are you be a translator Japanese manga/anime/novel in U.K? You will have contract with TM/MarvelousAOL/Seikaisha/Koudansha to localize their IP and sell these for English natives, then some % will be your money.
    Last edited by Ossan99; July 9th, 2013 at 12:12 AM.
    -----

I'll have to get back to you on that. I'm already pretty busy as it is, ya know, since I have to take a jet plane from the UK to Massachusetts, parachute down to the MIT campus, and make it just in time for class every week. That's how devoted I am to attending an American school, but also not wanting to lose touch with my UK roots.

Indeed, I do actually still need a Japanese translator, if only so I can cross-check some unclear lines and almost all the dialogue.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Quote Originally Posted by troydenite View Post
    Indeed, I do actually still need a Japanese translator, if only so I can cross-check some unclear lines and almost all the dialogue.
    Is this going to require a lot of work or is this just going to be the occasional question by email or pm?

Well, I was thinking of the 'occasional question' thing, although I think sending my edited manuscript across and asking for a quick check for accuracy would work even better. I was also hoping to improve dialogue and tone nuances, though by the time we get to the later, Chinese-translated stuff that might be very hard.

tl;dr Occasional questions work fine, committed checkers/translators work even better. I don't expect that anyone wants to actually give me retranslated stuff from scratch, though. Even though that would be amazing.

Can always hope.

EDIT: On that note, does anyone have the Japanese text for Volumes 2,3 and 4?

DOUBLE EDIT: Never mind, got the Japanese raws. I'll scan the text and put it up for general benefit.
    Last edited by troydenite; July 9th, 2013 at 09:12 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by troydenite View Post
    DOUBLE EDIT: Never mind, got the Japanese raws. I'll scan the text and put it up for general benefit.
    Save yourself some trouble, Aozora versions of F/Z have been out for some time now.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokudaime View Post
    Ignoring all the silly bickering and making an unrelated off-topic comment: Seika, I like your new avatar a lot. :P
    I don't if there's a trick behind it, but where does she find so many pics of saber's back?

Blog Entries
    bigger version?

@Reiu: Oh, great! That simplifies things...

I didn't actually know they existed, though. Could you tell me where to get them?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    @Brynhilde
    I got a suggestion via e-mail from admin Altima of the Gates, I think that suggestion is good and fair, so I am going to write some lines. do you agree with these lines?
    1. Brynhilde and Ossan99 are not agree with racism.
    2. Ossan99 withdraw whole questions to Brynhilde because Ossan99's focal point was prevent to use racism word related Japanese, Ossan99 have no will to interrupt about Brynhilde's project. It is not mean agree with Brynhilde's claims(for example, Japanese people are rude) but it is another story. Ossan99 will not care anything about that for example Japanese copyrights act, etc...
    3. "みんな仲良く""Keep good frendship with everyone".

Note: 3 is a non-native Japanese said in another thread. I think this is a good slogan for us.
    Last edited by Ossan99; July 10th, 2013 at 03:17 PM.
    -----