Thread: 2006 F/SN DEEN Anime. Edited to fit the Fate route

2006 F/SN DEEN Anime. Edited to fit the Fate route

New Mega hosted No Filler edit of Rin's Adventure.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRPfJTCKcCUIpoZBuJTPo_Ye2J_QjpI11

Copy pasta description:

An edit of the 2006 F/SN anime by DEEN:
    I have attempted to cut out all the spoilers for UBW, and Heaven's Feel, to create as pure as possible a representation of the Fate route. The intention of this is to provide anime-only viewers, with a fate route they can watch without seeing spoilers for the other routes.
    Hopefully this will help with the confusion of where anime-only viewers should start watching the F/SN series, as the current options (start with the low quality DEEN anime and get spoiled for UBW and HF, or start in the middle with UBW) are less than ideal.

The editing is jumpy and imperfect I know, but it's not meant to be smooth, simply to cut out the spoilers and in some places bad anime additions (there will be no CGI Dragons in this series)
    Also no OP or ED, cos uploading, and I figure most people watch them once, then skip them most of the time.
    This may be useful for those getting their friends into fate as a quick guide to the Fate route, as it is shorter than the original Anime. All episodes missed out in this playlist should be considered fine to watch in their original form.

I have finished/am working on the other eps in the anime that need editing, and will be uploading them as I go.

So basically I used these edited videos to show my sister before watching the UFO UBW. I figured some people might like em on the net, So I'll upload em. This is the first one, eps 1-4 should be fine to watch in origin form. Ill upload ep 6 and 7 which I Frankenstein'd into 1 ep, then 15, minus CGI dragons. Ep 16 I also edited, minusing some ubw spoilers and needless recapping I think. The big editing comes next with 17, 18 and 19, Frank'd into one, with the massive UBW/HF spoilerfest curtailed (Sorry Sakura, no screentime 4 u) and a lot of Trotskying to play hide the caster-master. I unfortunately have to redo this and the later ep edits as I didnt get them every time, and I've somehow lost the edited later eps.

Anyway its junk, but it might be fun/useful for showing people the Fate route. And if some VN readers enjoy it anyway, thatd be nice.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Hone; March 25th, 2017 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hone View Post
    So basically I used these edited videos to show my sister before watching the UFO UBW.
    Little sister or big sister?

598,535,004 (NA)

Quote Originally Posted by Broke View Post
    Little sister or big sister?

Big. Also what? Did that other guys post disappear?

You are a good otouto. And yes.

598,535,004 (NA)

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    this sounds interesting. I dropped the 2006 series after a few ep so maybe I'll try this.

I think it is a neat idea and am surprised no one has done it yet. I wish it would have been the sub and not dub though. Best of luck!

Thanks. Im dumb, so I put ep 6 and 7 on the wrong memory stick. Ive uploaded ep 15 now, cos having to go to the library to upload stuff severly limits my oppertunities. Therefore I have to use all the uploading time available even if its in the wrong order, durrrr!

Anyway Il probly upload ep 16 17 18 19, just keep them on my channel, then, 6+7, and THEN put them all in the playlist in the right order.

Phew.
    Cheers.

Note: I know the Archer fight is not strictly fate route, but it does HAPPEN in the fate route... and this anime is in need of every entertaining part it can get. So. I left it in.
    Last edited by Hone; May 19th, 2016 at 08:32 PM.

OK;

I upload ep 6+7, ep 15, 16, 17+18+19 (I really need better editing software cos this was a bitch - cut to frame after Kuzuki is gone, move one frame further to be sure, and hes still there for a centi second in the finished product?!) and ep 22.

22 didnt really need spoiler editing, but one of my faourite scenes in the VN is where Lancer and Gil are casually chatting, after Lancer tries to kill him. While team protag runs away. So i changed it to be more like that, with Cu actually being a man and attacking first, and less Cu humiliatingly failing everywhere. (Saber interrupted Gil OK?)

I'll edit 24 too to be more like the VN.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle pandacmh's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Some of your videos are already taken down for copyright purposes.

As expected, Ill probly put em on Mega or something.

Oddly enough i actually started to rewatch the 2006 anime a few days ago just spur of the moment. Funny seeing this post now.

Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    this sounds interesting. I dropped the 2006 series after a few ep so maybe I'll try this.
    Well while I welcome you to, I have to warn you that Im not claiming my edits make it a better series, just a purer Fate, one. The majority of the episodes are unchanged, and while I do think I improve it in some parts - no CGI dragon, and I think I improved the concept of the final fight, - some of the stuff that I removed was done kinda better than UFO did it in UBW IMO.
    So if you disliked the DEEN series so much to drop it by ep 3, before my edits even start, then it probly wasnt the other route scenes being stuck in that caused your dislike, and I probly wont be able to help you sadly. Unless it was the inserted scenes ypu disliked? Anyway I would definitely recommend you try it out, for the animated Saber vs Rider, if nothing else! Hopefully as you already know about the stuff I removed, losing it will not spoil your enjoyment.

Quote Originally Posted by pandacmh View Post
    Some of your videos are already taken down for copyright purposes.
    Actually it seems that one was just taken down cos it still had the OP in it. I disputed, and its back up, but I edited a new one without the OP which I'll replace it with anyway, just so there's no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Thryfe View Post
    Oddly enough i actually started to rewatch the 2006 anime a few days ago just spur of the moment. Funny seeing this post now.
    Well welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticus View Post
    I think it is a neat idea and am surprised no one has done it yet. I wish it would have been the sub and not dub though. Best of luck!

I just uploaded ep 24 edited, which; (copy pasta description...)

More Minor edits here, to make the fights more consistent with the VN, and cut out a lot of the filler that made the villains seem ridiculously incompetent. Also fuck the english dub for ruining that scene... so, spot the import !

On another note I also made an edit for the fate zero Rin's adventure episode, for my sister back in the day, cutting out the fluffy filler where she saves her friend and shit. I dont know if anyone is interested in it? But it got removed from youtube for copyright, so Im not really sure what to do.
    Last edited by Hone; May 23rd, 2016 at 12:12 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hone View Post
    On another note I also made an edit for the fate zero Rin's adventure episode, for my sister back in the day, cutting out the fluffy filler where she saves her friend and shit. I dont know if anyone is interested in it? But it got removed from youtube for copyright, so Im not really sure what to do.
    Didn't that one take up a full episode anyway? Wouldn't it be easier for those people who didn't like it to just skip the episode? I don't see the point of an edit that cuts it out in that case. Or was there a little bit of other, canon stuff in the episode as well, that still makes it worth watching? My memory is hazy.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

Most of the stuff is fine. Rin did indeed go out and looking for her friend, get disturbed by Caster's monster, and saved by Kariya. Who therefore met up with Aoi, and ect ect ect. The only wrong bit is the insert where she saves her friend, and the end scene where they're back at school. There's some other good stuff in the ep with other characters too.

The Tokiomi/Rin scenes are EXPANDED from the novel, but they dont actually contradict the novel and are fitting, and good scenes imo.
    2006 F/SN DEEN Anime. Edited to fit the Fate route. Updated to actually work now. Replace normal episodes with these edited ones. If an episode isnt in here, watch the normal version.

Blog Entries
    Oh, OK. I always just assumed pretty much the whole episode was filler lol. XP

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

Well I finally got around to uploading my no Filler edit of Rin's Adventure.

Will edit the OP.
    2006 F/SN DEEN Anime. Edited to fit the Fate route. Updated to actually work now. Replace normal episodes with these edited ones. If an episode isnt in here, watch the normal version.

Vimeo deleted it aswell, so here it is on Mega.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    OMG so much copyright b*llsh*t
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

FGO Fandom Wiki Editor Khanetho417's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    The whole thing is gone from YouTube now. Think you'll upload it to Mega or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Khanetho417 View Post
    The whole thing is gone from YouTube now. Think you'll upload it to Mega or something?
    Well for now ssjokg made a simillar edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/fatestaynig...te_stay_night/