Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How likely will we have a REAL sequel of the fate series

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    we all know how much Type Moon loves their Grail Wars.
    That's why they made a mobage to tell the story about the greatest Grail War ever so they don't have to make more Grail Wars and instead release future ones as events and collabs. Smart.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I was going to say that a sequel following just one of the routes likely wouldn't happen, but then I remembered Nasu talked about Tsukihime 2...
    You mean, the thing that's not going to happen?

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rockitten View Post
    recycling ideas like Fate Extra and FGO........
    this tells me you've never read either of these things.

祖 Ancestor
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I was going to say that a sequel following just one of the routes likely wouldn't happen, but then I remembered Nasu talked about Tsukihime 2...
    So it's not completely out of the realm of possibility, especially since we do know there was something akin to a grail war following UBW, and the dismantling of the grail system. Which we all know how much Type Moon loves their Grail Wars.
    ...Whether or not that's just Nasu giving enough info for someone else to pick up his slack and write it for him though is up in the air at this post.

But, no, a sequel to UBW's Good End probably won't happen, I just take that ending as fanservice for those who wanted an actual harem end.
    That's just a "for example" about how a "story with Rin, saber and Shirou" may develop.

If there is a chance for me to rewrite FSN, I would like to make it a trilogy using Nasu's "idea" of the 3 routes: The first grail war present the question/problem, the experience(s) in time tower provided an answer, and the dismantling of the grail system is a practical application (and validation) of that answer.

And I don't like harem ending (and it is a bit out of character for Saber to accept such in-chivalry arrangement), so they will be in a "much more than friendship but not romance (yet)" relationship throughout the trilogy. At least not until the very end of the story. May be I am a bit old-schooled, but meeting a girl for just 15 days and get so committed for an eternal reunion in Avalon........ sounds like a recipe for an unhappy marriage to me.
    Last edited by rockitten; May 26th, 2016 at 01:50 PM.

Fate/Strange Fake acts as a sequel already does it not? Few years after the Grail Wars we know of but with a different cast and some nods to the original.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AvengerEmiya's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou_Cypher View Post
    Fate/Strange Fake acts as a sequel already does it not? Few years after the Grail Wars we know of but with a different cast and some nods to the original.
    Just because something takes place after a prior story doesn't make it a sequel. Aside from saying "Yeah, it happened", Strange Fake leaves everything about Fuyuki War open for interpretation, and it'll probably stay that way.

If Nasu ever writes that "Team Waver & Rin Grail Dismantling Arc", whether or not Rin and Shirou became a couple will probably be "Well, maybe it happened; maybe it didn't" ordeal too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andaeus View Post
    Oh, fun! How often does a story actually leave the Idea Thread?
    Fate/Grand Order Doujins That Don't Suck [Updated: 3/2]

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Just because something takes place after a prior story doesn't make it a sequel. Aside from saying "Yeah, it happened", Strange Fake leaves everything about Fuyuki War open for interpretation, and it'll probably stay that way.
    This is deliberately true of every TM story, btw.

There are no true sequels/prequels. Zero is maybe the closest thing to one.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    Nasu writing a continuation of FSN is already unlikely aside from maybe one or two short stories like he did for that drama CD for UBW S2.
    Oh, I didn't know those existed. What are they about, do you know?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Oh, I didn't know those existed. What are they about, do you know?
    Waver's cigs make a great air freshener, and the tale of the paired swords, Kanshou and Grocery Bag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

The latter seems interesting. Has either of them been translated yet?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    this tells me you've never read either of these things.
    I mean Nasu did technically bring out old unreleased ideas to use in both.

The latter seems interesting. Has either of them been translated yet?
    The latter was some cut dialogue from the anime epilogue IIRC.

祖 Ancestor
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    This is deliberately true of every TM story, btw.

There are no true sequels/prequels. Zero is maybe the closest thing to one.
    And the case files as well, Nasu has confirmed it is in the same world as FZ/FSN (rather than those parallel universe) and it seems Nasu is making it as canon as possible.

Blog Entries
    Well technically F/Z is not the same world.

Blog Entries
    And the case files as well, Nasu has confirmed it is in the same world as FZ/FSN (rather than those parallel universe) and it seems Nasu is making it as canon as possible.
    I hate to break it to you...
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Blog Entries
    Did you read the post you just quoted?

Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    The latter was some cut dialogue from the anime epilogue IIRC.
    Ah, I see. Hm, doesn't seem as interesting as I thought it would be. Well, thanks!

I think I can explain it to you since I have been there before. Here are all the quotes and information related related to the Dismantling of the Grail storyline :

Nasu in early 2011:

The taking apart of the Holy Grail War.
    Ten years after the Fifth War. Lord Emelloi the Second (real name, Waver Velvet. One of the Masters of the Fourth War) arrived in Fuyuki and together with the head of the Tohsaka line(Rin Tohsaka), set out to completely take apart the Great Grail. The Association was planning on bring back the Greater Grail, so the two sides were completely opposed. After the end of the great turmoil of the same magnitude as the Grail War, the Greater Grail was completely dismantled. The Grail Wars of Fuyuki came to a complete conclusion here.

Narita(Author of F/SF) in 2015(Hard to tell whether he was serious or not in this one...):

This year is about Fate. I feel at the current stage we're already progressing toward something like that, we're hoping for the Greater Grail Dis-assembly, Tsukihime Remake, and of course new works like Mahou Tsukai no Yoru part two and three next...

Narita again in 2015:

That's right. One of the most core pieces of information had been about the conditions for becoming a Heroic Spirit. This was revealed in a bonus novel that came with the UBW 1st season BD box. About how Merlin is still alive in the present so he can't become a Heroic Spirit. As Gilgamesh is also a fellow clairvoyance user, I asked about the state of Gilgamesh's memories when he's summoned. The answer I got was that Gilgamesh can see the possibilities of various parallel worlds if he so chooses, but the Throne adjusts the memories and knowledge of the Heroic Spirit according to the world they are summoned in, so he won't be confused by having multiple sets of memories. I was told that even if he did use clairvoyance to see the possibility of a world where he was swallowed by the mud of the grail, Gilgamesh would reject that world line as being nonsense (lol). I heard a bit of the workings of the Greater Grail, what it was based on, and other bits of important background information for Fate, but I believe Nasu will one day write the story of how the Greater Grail was disassembled.

Nasu and Takeuchi in 2015:

Takeuchi: Wait a minute, are you saying you've already got the basic plot [of the war to dismantle the grail] figured out?
    Nasu: That's right. If you give me ten lines I could sum it up here, if you want.
    Takeuchi: Stop! I'll clear out your schedule for a month, so go and write the whole thing instead.

This is all the news that we have got so far. I was quite optimistic about this project when I first heard about it, but since then I have been a bit more skeptic about it. Nasu jokes a lot in his interviews so sometimes it can be difficult to take him seriously. But Narita's words were a little bit reassuring. To answer your question in a few words about there ever being a sequel: Most possibly NO. But there is still a chance of a spin-off though. The Melty Blood series is a continuation of one ending of the Tsukihime franchise. Its not a sequel but still there is, at the least somewhat of a continuation of the Tsukihime franchise. There is no "actual" guarantee that the Dismantling of the Grail will happen, even though its one of the projects TM will like to do. But if they ever decide to, they already have a model to follow. So the only option that we have is to wait and watch.
    Last edited by dhaval_fate; May 27th, 2016 at 02:27 PM.

Blog Entries
    So Merlin won't ever die? I mean, EMIYA is also alive in the present, so I suppose this is saying you need to die at some point to reach the Throne.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    marie antoinette is the embodiment of everything that is wrong with the nasuverse

Scientifically, it is impossible to throw a rock at someone, say something in German, and have it explode.
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Don't step on the Saber, wild squirrels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    I've learned from a certain Jedi master that when you got the high ground, you automatically win.
    See, I'd say that the absolutely worst thing about "Prisma Illya" is exactly the sexualisation of children.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Open your mind. There are many paths in front of you
    "I was under the influence of having a gun to shoot somebody."

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dhaval_fate View Post
    Here are all the quotes and information related related to the Dismantling of the Grail storyline :
    No longer true. El-Melloi II talks about it a bit in Fate/Accel Zero Order.
    Last edited by mewarmo990; May 27th, 2016 at 08:41 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Washada View Post
    So Merlin won't ever die? I mean, EMIYA is also alive in the present, so I suppose this is saying you need to die at some point to reach the Throne.
    Avalon is outside of time.
    Guess who is trapped in Avalon.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.