Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How likely will we have a REAL sequel of the fate series

祖 Ancestor
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code

How likely will we have a REAL sequel of the fate series

After finished watching the UBW boxsets, and Lord·El-Melloi II spin-offs, I can't stop thinking: a sequel about the life of that trio (saber +Shirou + Rin, yes, I am a supporter of UBW good ending, see the P.S.) in time tower (just imagine the interactions between Saber, Grey and Waver) will be interesting. Or when they participate the war to dismantle the holy grail 10 years after, what if Gawain, Mordred or Merlin met their king, who is now much more feminine/womenly and become a house wife? Or what will Archer say when he see that trio 10 years later?

My POV, consider Nasu have hinted so much about what's happened after the fifth holy grail war, it seems that's something in his plan. But before that, there are Tsukihime remake, Mahotsukai no Yoru 2 &3, still pending, not to mention the original FSN itself really needs a big plot overhaul.......(sign)

P.S. I like the UBW good end over fate route because even Nasu admits Saber, who has living as a man for 20 years, falling in love with a teen age boy in 15 days is ridiculous. It will make much more sense if that feminine transformation and "courtly romance" are developed over the years they are being together.

Blog Entries
    Not likely at all
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I doubt it. You can always write fanfic, though!

FGO season 2, FGO season 3, FGO forever

chances of a sequel like what you spoke about, 0%

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The real question is, "Is there a demand for one"?

F/SN ended nicely IMO and I don't feel the need for a sequel.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

JP Friend Code
    Is this you or just a guy with similar mindset? Just curious lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/fatestaynig...tay_night_ubw/

Merlin is stuck in his prison so he's no game, but he already watching all the H scenes of the trio so it's k. Mordred will straight up go for a maid chichiue horobosu campaign while Gawain won't stop fanboying over his glorious housewife king. Sounds like a great plot for CP or a fanfic.

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Nasu writing a continuation of FSN is already unlikely aside from maybe one or two short stories like he did for that drama CD for UBW S2. It's even less likely he'd just make a continuation of one specific ending, and even more less likely to do something like that with UBW good instead of true.

Besides, FGO is already there to handle all the servant interaction with one another.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

祖 Ancestor
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    Is this you or just a guy with similar mindset? Just curious lol

Mordred will straight up go for a maid chichiue horobosu campaign while Gawain won't stop fanboying over his glorious housewife king. Sounds like a great plot for CP or a fanfic.
    Mordred: Father, you didn't gave me the throne, and then playing desperate housewife in this world? WTF!!!

We are not the same guy. BTW, I did read the VN and just feel it really need a rework. The story (and the story telling) is much more mature/polished in Mahotsukai no Yoru than Tsukihime and FSN. So I would like to see a FSN relaunch before any sequel (no matter how likely or not).

And finally, I would rather they make a different franchise or a real sequel, rather than recycling ideas like Fate Extra and FGO........
    Last edited by rockitten; May 25th, 2016 at 12:31 PM.

Banned
    JP Friend Code
    It Blew Up
    Blog Entries
    If they get to work on it then (fate series tending to be more important than tsukihime in terms of products) They'll put it over the Tsukihime remake.

Do you REALLY want that?

JP Friend Code
    Well GO is pretty dark right from the beginning (and use the very early ideas for Fate series) and Extra CCC is Extra's HFxHA kind of stuff, CCC even got a PSV port so they won't stop. Extra despite being kinda underwhelming at some part still be one of Nasu's focus big enough to spawn a sequel (Extella), 3 mangas and an anime (Last Encore), so I don't think he's going to stop anytime soon. Heck after HF movies they might move on to adapt Apocrypha.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rockitten View Post
    After finished watching the UBW boxsets, and Lord·El-Melloi II spin-offs, I can't stop thinking: a sequel about the life of that trio (saber +Shirou + Rin, yes, I am a supporter of UBW good ending, see the P.S.) in time tower (just imagine the interactions between Saber, Grey and Waver) will be interesting. Or when they participate the war to dismantle the holy grail 10 years after, what if Gawain, Mordred or Merlin met their king, who is now much more feminine/womenly and become a house wife? Or what will Archer say when he see that trio 10 years later?

My POV, consider Nasu have hinted so much about what's happened after the fifth holy grail war, it seems that's something in his plan. But before that, there are Tsukihime remake, Mahotsukai no Yoru 2 &3, still pending, not to mention the original FSN itself really needs a big plot overhaul.......(sign)

P.S. I like the UBW good end over fate route because even Nasu admits Saber, who has living as a man for 20 years, falling in love with a teen age boy in 15 days is ridiculous. It will make much more sense if that feminine transformation and "courtly romance" are developed over the years they are being together.
    Is it better to reinforce patriarchial gender schema slowly?
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    And finally, I would rather they make a different franchise or a real sequel, rather than recycling ideas like Fate Extra and FGO........
    Could you elaborate? You mean grail wars and servant stuff?
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

Happy Megane Sion is Best Sion! ChiakiKakumei's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    F/HA was technically a "Sequel" but to your question. I don't think so. Give Tsukihime/Melty Blood, DDD, Mahoyo or w/e not fate a Chance
    Chibi V.Sion Army go!

祖 Ancestor
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by @Keo View Post
    Is it better to reinforce patriarchial gender schema slowly?
    Just like how people adapt to new culture or lifestyle, it takes time (many may never fully transformed) and absolutely not in 15 days.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bobin View Post
    Could you elaborate? You mean grail wars and servant stuff?
    Sort of, as I expect more creative works from new titles, many interesting ideas in Fate extra/FGO can be use for a new franchise or a FSN sequels instead. And I really wish Type moon stop making saber clones. She is not my wifu, I just find that lazy.

BTW, I would like TM finished Tsukihime remake, Mahoyo and probably DDD BEFORE the FSN remake and sequels.
    Last edited by rockitten; May 25th, 2016 at 01:35 PM.

Blog Entries
    "Be more creative, stop making clones, but make a sequel to Fate using all of the same characters."
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

The Fallen Child Chara Dreemurr's Avatar
    So you want a sequel without the core elements of the original BUT with core elements of the original?

...Wouldn't that be a spin-off?

"HP. ATK. DEF. GOLD. EXP. LV. Everytime a number increases, that feeling. Thats me"

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant

Wait, are you suggesting for there to be a game that follows up on UBW Good and ignores the other endings?

Yeah, sorry. Never gonna happen.

I like UBW Good just as much as the next guy but the trick with sequels to VNs is that now you have multiple timelines and you don't just choose one of them as the one true story. That's why the closest thing there have been to sequels of the two TM VNs are weird time loop thingies that can sort of work regardless of the route.
    burn your dread you coward

Blog Entries
    It won't happen
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    dumb people always have shit opinions about eva, its like some kind of more reliable iq test
    [20:47:33] I3uster: in 2015 a crack memer was sent to skype prison by a court of his Peers for a crime he didnt commit. he promptly escaped from his Maximum security Forum into the twitter Underground. Today, still wanted by the skype Group he survives as memer of fortune. If you Need a shitpost, if nobody else can fuck up a thread, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire: June.

20.06.2014 Never forget

I have a secret that I haven't told you... Huitante's Avatar
    When I first read a title I thought it meant "real" like in "real robot"

...I should probably get back to watching Gundam
    We've had to endure much, you and I, but within the week there will be old men running the world

OLD MEN ARE THE FUTURE

JP Friend Code
    218,066,906 - Winter
    I was going to say that a sequel following just one of the routes likely wouldn't happen, but then I remembered Nasu talked about Tsukihime 2...
    So it's not completely out of the realm of possibility, especially since we do know there was something akin to a grail war following UBW, and the dismantling of the grail system. Which we all know how much Type Moon loves their Grail Wars.
    ...Whether or not that's just Nasu giving enough info for someone else to pick up his slack and write it for him though is up in the air at this post.

But, no, a sequel to UBW's Good End probably won't happen, I just take that ending as fanservice for those who wanted an actual harem end.