Thread: FSN: Unlimited Blade Work the Deen TV serie

FSN: Unlimited Blade Work the Deen TV serie

I am among the few peoples who prefer Deen adaptation of FSN of Ufotable one(even the UBW movie). I prefer the mood, the pacing, the music, the chara design, the direction and even some story decision. But I understand that taken alone, the UBW movie can be seen as incomplete and rushed.

But the 2006 series already incorporated some part of UBW storyline and the beginning of the Fate and UBW route are pretty similar, so I began to work of a cut of both the 2006 serie and UBW to make Unlimited Blade works serie TV by Deen.

The TV serie will be between 13 and 15 episodes long (I still didn't finish it, so I am not sure), will feature "new" opening by Sachi Tainaka and will have upgraded visual by using custom Reshade preset I make for 2006 serie who make it look like a serie released between 2009 and 2011.

The serie will use English dub (much easier to make an understandable version as the cut will mess the subtitles) and I want to ask if I could share the episodes here (As It use official commercial content, I am not sure about it).

Inactive
    Blog Entries
    The only gripes for UFO!UBW for me are the lack of Tainaka Sachi and the omission of characters' inner monologue (which heavily affects how the audience perceives shirou as a character)

I have a question for the cut?

What would you prefer?

Most faithful to Unlimited Blade Works experience or expanded cut who give more Saber and Rider time they have in UBW Route?

One way to improve on Deen's UBW is to include an opening. Openings are a great way to catch a new viewer's attention. Ufotable's UBW has Aimer/ideal white chick doing the opening songs and Zero has LiSA, one of the most popular singer in Japan currently. Tainaka Sachi is great and all but she hasn't been relevant for a decade now so that's a pass. I suggest the following opening by Niconico user "tyodai":

Spoiler:

Not only is it an extremely catchy song, the opening itself also perfectly encapsulates the essence of the route with expertly crafted cuts and easter eggs/foreshadowings to satisfy the hardcore fans. Actually, you know what? Just make the whole runtime of the series this opening but played on loop, Bam! There's your accurate adaptation of UBW right there.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That sounds like a pretty fun project!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chevkraken View Post
    I have a question for the cut?

What would you prefer?

Most faithful to Unlimited Blade Works experience or expanded cut who give more Saber and Rider time they have in UBW Route?
    This is obviously a passion project so whichever you like best!
    don't quote me on this

I can make the 2 version. for now I finished the cut of the 2 first episodes. When episode 3 will be finish, I'll post the first episode.

This is interesting, but also complicated, because some very important lines of the vn aren't voiced and also not appear in Ufotable adaptations. It would be great doing it with japanese voices too. Good luck!

I am still working on it, some fun fact about UBW movie I have seen during the cut.

Archer and Lancer share exactly the same amount of strike during their fight at school during Fate 2006 and UBW movie even if the fight is way shorter in the movie

-the shot where our character discover Ilya is exactly as long in the serie and the movie

-even if the movie is way shorter than the serie, Saber vs Berserker is longer in the movie than into the serie.

Here is the opening and the Ending

and the Link for the first episode

******************file/ksVxlLbL#4pvPt54b9HrP2aJKMzeREoL5YBE3cBd4vhqKY--mcfE

Feel free to share your comment?

Episode 1 and 2, don't hesitate to give me your review and if you like, upvote the post on reddit to give it more visibility:

https://www.reddit.com/r/fatestaynight/comments/17mccyb/fate_stay_night_unlimited_blade_works_the_deen/

https://www.reddit.com/r/fatestaynig...orks_the_deen/