Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beautiful Days: Da Capo - A Reaper's Game Reboot (OOC)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Beautiful Days: Da Capo - A Reaper's Game Reboot (OOC)

One day, you died.

The year is 2020, in the summer of Shinjuku. Somehow or another, you died. Rather than find yourself at the gates of Heaven or Hell, or reincarnated into a sea urchin or something of the like, you found yourself abandoned, alone, in an eerie, desolate city. You see people walking about, but they take no notice of you. You can hear them speak, and flit about their lives, but none of them can hear your voice. Every second you spend waiting, you feel the little life left in you draining away, your consciousness fading like a dream.

All that's left to you is a sense of foreboding gnawing at the back of your head, and the vaguest dreams or memories, of a conversation with a man who called himself a Reaper, of a method to come back to life—

Welcome to the Reaper's Game

In other words, this RP is about the Reaper's Game, based on the game The World Ends With You: in which the recently deceased play a deadly game for a chance to return to life. Complete all the missions, survive for seven days, and there's your ticket back to life.

The rulebook is here. If you want to play, read it.

To abridge the general gist of the game for you now:

1. Participants of the Game are called Players. Their enemy, and administrators of the Game, are called the Reapers.
    2. Players will be assigned missions over the course of the game. Fail the missions, and you die completely: “erasure”. Succeed, and you live to see the next day.
    3. You must form a Pact with another Player, your partner for the Game. You two can share your life force to support each other, but you'll end up also sharing pain, wounds, and mental trauma.
    4. You are free to break your contract with your partner, regardless of his or her consent, but both of you must, within two days, either form another Pact or face erasure.
    5. All Players receive a Player Pin, a token of their entry into the Game. It allows you to read the minds of anyone who does not carry a pin, with the exception of Reapers.
    6. Players receive one supernatural power at the beginning of the game, to help with their missions.
    7. In most cases, all Players share the same mission. If one pair completes the mission, then all surviving Players may advance to the next day. If no Players complete the mission, all are erased.
    8. In the end, only one Player may come back to life.

If it seems like a bit much, don’t fret. They’ll mostly be explained to you IC, as they become relevant

Character Creation
    Use the template, then PM it to me, either on BL, through IRC, Discord, whatever. Generally a Google Doc is the most convenient for me, but anything is fine so long as I can read it.

Sheet Template
    Name: Your name

Background: Character details, such as backstory, personality, motivations, and so on.

Cause of Death: How you died.

Entry Fee: The thing most important or treasured to your character, lost upon entry into the game.

Psych: Compensation for your entry fee. Your sole power, derived from your entry fee.

Memento: An object of importance to your character, which acts as the medium through which you channel your psych.

Attributes: A rating of your abilities in general. Ranges from F to S. All stats start at C.
    Body - Fitness of the body
    Mind - Quickness of the mind
    Sense - Sharpness of the senses
    Heart - Strength of the emotions
    Soul - Life force of the soul
    Fate - Ability to defy fate

Player Slots
    Sheets will be chosen based on quality and variety. I'm prioritizing how interesting your character might be. Minmaxing is discouraged and will probably be difficult anyway. Expect six or eight slots to be open.

1. Rafflesiac
    2. Frantic Author
    3. Virzi
    4. Arkturus
    5. Katie
    6. Siriel

Even if you don’t get in the first time, don’t fret! After every completed week (and sometimes during the weeks, if it comes to that), slots will open up again, based on the events of the previous week.

Other Notes
    The application deadline is June 22, though it's flexible and can be moved back and forth. If we get enough players before the deadline and there's no more interest, we can start early. If you need just one more day to write your sheet, I can wait for that too.

If you have questions, you can find me on #regalia. You’ll have to ping me though, or I probably won’t notice. Or, you can just post in this thread. Either or.

Also, if you want to reuse your character from the original RP, that's fine, so long as you change the other parameters to fit the new requirements.
    Last edited by Kirby; July 4th, 2016 at 12:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    will make sheet SOON
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Blog Entries
    i will be interdasted

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaa
    <Airen> I play hetero every once in awhile
    Spoiler:
    <~Katie> dude who gives a fuck about girls being gay, sometimes girls aren't gay and that decision should be respected

Spoiler:
    [12:21.40] that might be a top tier post[12:21.45] frantic[12:21.47] post of the month, even[12:21.48] this right here[12:21.49] is MC [12:21.56] johnny has nothing on this dude[12:22.00] he's the MC of the nisio half[12:22.12] so wait[12:22.15] [ ] is, after all, my rival character[12:22.16] am i the gag heroine[12:22.20] yes

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    i did this all for u

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Unpromised Victory, isn't it sad? CG-3m1y4's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    I intend to participate in this as my first RP ever, but I'm a dumb n00b.

Help me pl0x
    Quote Originally Posted by My F/GO Collab Dream Never

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Well, you can go here for samples of sheets to model yours after, if you feel like.

Unpromised Victory, isn't it sad? CG-3m1y4's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Three Nines, Kirb.
    Quote Originally Posted by My F/GO Collab Dream Never

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The deadline is tomorrow, and I've only received two sheets so far. At this point it seems like the roster won't be filled, in which case this RP will be put on hold and the deadline extended indefinitely, until six sheets of acceptable quality are received.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Welp, RIP RP lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Fran says we can do this with 4 players, if Ark and KT pull through. In which case, I'll just make more NPC partners.

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Four players means i get to post more often

#believe
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Didn't expect to see this ever again.

I'll tinker a bit with my old character, I'm assuming there's been some changes?

im interested but i saw this jst now so itll take a little while till im done with my sheet

Working on mine.
    Spoiler:
    <~Katie> dude who gives a fuck about girls being gay, sometimes girls aren't gay and that decision should be respected

Spoiler:
    [12:21.40] that might be a top tier post[12:21.45] frantic[12:21.47] post of the month, even[12:21.48] this right here[12:21.49] is MC [12:21.56] johnny has nothing on this dude[12:22.00] he's the MC of the nisio half[12:22.12] so wait[12:22.15] [ ] is, after all, my rival character[12:22.16] am i the gag heroine[12:22.20] yes

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by virzi View Post
    Didn't expect to see this ever again.

I'll tinker a bit with my old character, I'm assuming there's been some changes?
    Biggest changes are stuff for how psychs work, and the stats. Characters and backstories can be reused but you mgiht wanna check up to see how to change your other things.

Blog Entries
    I've been working on characters for other stuff this last week but if you extend the deadline to like...tomorrow night, I'm interested in joining.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The deadline is basically extended indefinitely now considering how I don't see any way we can get all six by the end of today, and a lot of people have only just expressed interest in like these last two days.

Well, I can formally set it in another week or so, or we can just wait until everyone who expressed interest sends in a sheet.

Sent sheet in.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

same bitch