Page 2 of 99 FirstFirst 123471252 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs & Errors

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Pulse View Post
    That's because the part after the equals sign can be used as a title...
    ...Silly you for not realizing this.
    Yeah, but really it should work even without the title....

I know what you've been doing, nii-san. Dark Pulse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, I could make a second variant, but that's probably too much work.

I'll probably just resolve this by having the [spoiler] button probably add some default text.

If need be, I could probably just add a second variant without the title, but I see little point, to be dead honest.
    "Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."

Of Leaves and Lilac - Two weeks in the life of Tohno Akiha.
    Returning real soon-like!

Old Quote Crap!

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    99% of all Terminators would destroy John Connor over any other carbon-based life form.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadBuster
    Why do you think we got all these mods? So I can sit back and do jack shit, obviously!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    I propose more forumite-based words. Like Darpleosity (adj. a state of existence signified to calmly analyzing and making an argument/case in a way that defuses tensions and makes the participants in said argument look like twats for continuing on with antagonizing and/or being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn while also using good-natured humor to enhance said post).
    Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    Having been, as I3uster put it, "other clueless dude" earlier today in precisely this fashion, I'm going to have to be in favor of necromancy. Or be a hypocrite. But as a lawyer, I prefer to get paid when I indulge in hypocrisy, thank you, so I'll stick with necromancy.

[14:06] [Cruor] petri is it possible to play Phoenix III/Steppewolf without it crashing
    [14:08] [Kelnish] no
    [14:08] [Kelnish] it isn't
    [14:09] [Cruor] how can there be so many bugs
    [14:09] [Cruor] in one mod
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Because quality assurance doesn't exist anymore
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Unless it's Quality Ass, U Rance
    [14:10] [Daiki] ...
    [14:10] [I3uster] oh god dp was funny
    [14:10] [I3uster] apocalypse confirmed
    [14:10] [Wakame] the horror

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, the main issue is that, if I'm going to include a spoiler tag (which, admittedly, is pretty unlikely on here...), I would just type the HTML tag into the reply, rather than clicking the button. And, of course, if I do that I'm unlikely to remember to type an = sign, so it won't work.

It's not a major issue, but it's probably a little irritating, and it should be solveable because I know that there exist other forums (using VB) which work just fine with spoiler tags like that.

Blog Entries
    Of course. Knowing me I'll just add a stealth second version, but the button will default to the fancy title version, as I think it's nice to be able to have a title for your spoiler.
    "Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."

Old Quote Crap!

99% of all Terminators would destroy John Connor over any other carbon-based life form.
    Why do you think we got all these mods? So I can sit back and do jack shit, obviously!
    I propose more forumite-based words. Like Darpleosity (adj. a state of existence signified to calmly analyzing and making an argument/case in a way that defuses tensions and makes the participants in said argument look like twats for continuing on with antagonizing and/or being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn while also using good-natured humor to enhance said post).
    Having been, as I3uster put it, "other clueless dude" earlier today in precisely this fashion, I'm going to have to be in favor of necromancy. Or be a hypocrite. But as a lawyer, I prefer to get paid when I indulge in hypocrisy, thank you, so I'll stick with necromancy.

[14:06] [Cruor] petri is it possible to play Phoenix III/Steppewolf without it crashing

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I don't disagree with the idea of having titles for spoilers, I just want the more obvious version to work when it's typed. Particularly since it not doing so is likely to confuse some people.

I know it's for a title. I mainly brought it up because it's a standard tag in most places. But if you don't want to change it, then so be it.
    In Progress: Melty Blood
    Complete: Garden of Sinners, Fate/stay night, Tsukihime, Tsukihime Plus+Disc, Kagetsu Tohya

Is it just a pure coincidence that nobody's birthday occurred since Cruor's or does the birthday notification dosen't work?
    Trapped within my fierce desire, resistance is futile. Screaming for your life, nowhere to hide,
    Tonight we cross the line, your innocence is mine!

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think you have to opt-in to your birthday being visible.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    I think you have to opt-in to your birthday being visible.
    Correct. If you don't put an birthday down, and don't select the option to display your age, your age won't be shown.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
    3/16 - Mark as read options need tweaking configured.
    No... once again, I'm pretty sure this is due to how saving read threads works now, and you not understanding how this works. Here's the gist of it:

• Old style: Automatically marked all forum posts and threads read when the user logged out or timed out.
      • Advantages: Makes things somewhat simple/consistent. Only new posts since the last logout/timeout get marked as new.
      • Disadvantages: If user forgets they were browsing or gets distracted for more than a half an hour (and thus are logged out), posts are marked as read even if they hadn't read them; thus, a user has to remember "where they were" if they're accidentally timed out.

• New style: Posts read remain consistent even between logins/logouts and timeouts. A forum is automatically marked as read if a user has read all topics in the forum.
      • Advantages: If a post isn't read when a user comes back to read it, it will still be marked as unread when they return. Users no longer have to remember their place in a conversation if they time out.
      • Disadvantages: To work properly, every topic had to be marked as unread to the user. The quick, immediate way to solve this is to click the "Mark Forums Read" link at the bottom of the main forum listing, and then things should begin to work more or less as normal. Alternatively, simply give it a few days and things should work naturally.

Old Quote Crap!

Correct. If you don't put an birthday down, and don't select the option to display your age, your age won't be shown.

No... once again, I'm pretty sure this is due to how saving read threads works now, and you not understanding how this works. Here's the gist of it:

Space
    • Old style: Automatically marked all forum posts and threads read when the user logged out or timed out.
      • Advantages: Makes things somewhat simple/consistent. Only new posts since the last logout/timeout get marked as new.
      • Disadvantages: If user forgets they were browsing or gets distracted for more than a half an hour (and thus are logged out), posts are marked as read even if they hadn't read them; thus, a user has to remember "where they were" if they're accidentally timed out.

• New style: Posts read remain consistent even between logins/logouts and timeouts. A forum is automatically marked as read if a user has read all topics in the forum.
      • Advantages: If a post isn't read when a user comes back to read it, it will still be marked as unread when they return. Users no longer have to remember their place in a conversation if they time out.
      • Disadvantages: To work properly, every topic had to be marked as unread to the user. The quick, immediate way to solve this is to click the "Mark Forums Read" link at the bottom of the main forum listing, and then things should begin to work more or less as normal. Alternatively, simply give it a few days and things should work naturally.

From what Kotonoha says...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Dunno if this is a bug or just how VB works, but on the old board your viewed threads (which ones had the "new posts" icon or not) were the same no matter where you logged in from. But here, if I read a thread, it gets marked as read, I go onto a different computer, it's marked unread again, but there's no new posts since I last read it.
    If a thread has no new posts, and which means it's been read, then it should be marked as such. Unless the problem was described wrong, than that tells me it needs tweaking.
    In Progress: Melty Blood
    Complete: Garden of Sinners, Fate/stay night, Tsukihime, Tsukihime Plus+Disc, Kagetsu Tohya

Blog Entries
    It's possible that she did this after I implemented the fix, in which case, her threads all got re-marked as "unread" due to the change.

Someone please confirm whether this is an actual issue or not. Click "Mark Forums Read" then check them with another computer. According to the option, it should be storing which threads you've read (and not read) in the MySQL database, so I see no reason why this would occur.

Old Quote Crap!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
    If a thread has no new posts, and which means it's been read, then it should be marked as such. Unless the problem was described wrong, than that tells me it needs tweaking.
    Yes, which is exactly what he is saying he fixed.

Someone please confirm whether this is an actual issue or not. Click "Mark Forums Read" then check them with another computer. According to the option, it should be storing which threads you've read (and not read) in the MySQL database, so I see no reason why this would occur.
    I'm pretty sure it's working, because I browse this site from two different computers (sometimes both logged on at the same time) and also from several different browsers on one computer, and I'm sure I recall it "remembering" which threads I'd read when I moved to the new computer.

I'll check again in an hour or so, though, since I'm going into the uni now and will, thus, be switching from my desktop to my laptop.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I just checked, and it's working fine. The posts I've read come up as read, and the posts I've not read come up as unread.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Bargadiel's Avatar
    Although it's not a bug, and more like a design flaw, I notice that when you go into a topic full of threads, the thread names are inside of these black bars right? The top of each bar has this white glow to it, and it makes it hard for me to read the thread names. I don't know how this can be fixed, but I just wanted to let you know about it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bargadiel View Post
    Although it's not a bug, and more like a design flaw, I notice that when you go into a topic full of threads, the thread names are inside of these black bars right? The top of each bar has this white glow to it, and it makes it hard for me to read the thread names. I don't know how this can be fixed, but I just wanted to let you know about it.
    That's a style change. I'd have to adjust the gradient.

I could remove it entirely, but admittedly, I'd like to keep some of it. What I could probably try to do is shrink the gradient by some amount, so that it ends "earlier" and doesn't conflict with the top of the post. I intend to do a similar fix for the tabs up at the top, as well.

EDIT: Adjusted, let me know if that's better. If not, I can shift the gradient a bit more. This gradient goes on for about 84% of the length of the previous variant.
    Last edited by Dark Pulse; March 19th, 2011 at 02:02 PM.

Old Quote Crap!

Anything I paste in from Word is getting font=&quot tags added around it, which makes it display in this tiny font. Any chance you know a way around that?

(besides clearing formatting entirely, I still want to keep everything else)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyarion View Post
    Anything I paste in from Word is getting font=&quot tags added around it, which makes it display in this tiny font. Any chance you know a way around that?

(besides clearing formatting entirely, I still want to keep everything else)
    Run a Find-Replace in Word, and simply enter nothing to replace it with, and it'll auto-delete it

Old Quote Crap!

Nah, it's pasting into the WYSIWYG editor that's the problem. It apparently sees there's a font and adds font tags... but just what is " supposed to set it to anyways? It's doing that for every font.

I'd just open it in something other than Word, but I've already got everything macroed out to blitz through posting the Regalia archive. :|

Banned
    Blog Entries
    EDIT: Adjusted, let me know if that's better. If not, I can shift the gradient a bit more. This gradient goes on for about 84% of the length of the previous variant.
    I think it's still too much, actually. The thread listing page is very hard on the eyes, to the point that I'm using the default setting instead.

Blog Entries
    I have no problems seeing it, but I'll adjust it more.

Adjusted down to 67%. Is the readability better?

Old Quote Crap!