Page 42 of 99 FirstFirst ... 32374041424344475292 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs & Errors

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bittersweet View Post
    You know, with the activity stream, hypertabbed browsing becomes largely pointless... right?
    Like I'd ever have more than one tab open for Beast's Lair, lol. They were/are all market and industry research sources.

Quote Originally Posted by AggroAnnabelle View Post
    Open all tabs, set as homepage, set to NOT open homepage on start, pull your browser up, press home? I have about 40 tabs that must be open at all times on two monitors and that is the system I use.
    That's a lot of forums to troll!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Pancake market and sausage industry forums.

AggroAnnabelle
    Quote Originally Posted by Strife212 View Post
    That's a lot of forums to troll!
    Wow what an asshole, trolling the tech support forums.

Ok, It might just be that I'm unused to the format when typing here, but for some reason I can't make my text jump to the next line with enter (this works on other programs so it's not my keyboard). Also, even when I try to use the space key to separate the sentences to the next line, it either gives me a weird format or ignores it when posting. This happens both for quick reply and advanced. If this is a bug, is there a way to fix it? if not, what can I do to make my posts readable, other than typing short posts?. If this is the wrong thread to ask this I apologize and I will move it to the right thread if you tell me where. Thanks.

I know what you've been doing, nii-san. Dark Pulse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystery Number View Post
    Ok, It might just be that I'm unused to the format when typing here, but for some reason I can't make my text jump to the next line with enter (this works on other programs so it's not my keyboard). Also, even when I try to use the space key to separate the sentences to the next line, it either gives me a weird format or ignores it when posting. This happens both for quick reply and advanced. If this is a bug, is there a way to fix it? if not, what can I do to make my posts readable, other than typing short posts?. If this is the wrong thread to ask this I apologize and I will move it to the right thread if you tell me where. Thanks.
    Are you using IE10 by any chance? Apparently that's the only browser that has that problem.

If that's the case, I don't think it's something I can fix as it's either an IE10 bug or a vBulletin bug. I would have to wait for the vBulletin devs to at least provide a workaround before I could fix it.

The only workarounds I've seen thus far are to type it in something else (i.e; Notepad), switch the editor to source mode instead of WYSIWYG (click the button in the top left of any quick reply or full reply), switch IE10 to IE9 compatability mode, or - simplest option - use a different browser like Firefox, Chrome or Opera.
    "Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."

Of Leaves and Lilac - Two weeks in the life of Tohno Akiha.
    Returning real soon-like!

Old Quote Crap!

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    99% of all Terminators would destroy John Connor over any other carbon-based life form.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadBuster
    Why do you think we got all these mods? So I can sit back and do jack shit, obviously!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    I propose more forumite-based words. Like Darpleosity (adj. a state of existence signified to calmly analyzing and making an argument/case in a way that defuses tensions and makes the participants in said argument look like twats for continuing on with antagonizing and/or being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn while also using good-natured humor to enhance said post).
    Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    Having been, as I3uster put it, "other clueless dude" earlier today in precisely this fashion, I'm going to have to be in favor of necromancy. Or be a hypocrite. But as a lawyer, I prefer to get paid when I indulge in hypocrisy, thank you, so I'll stick with necromancy.

[14:06] [Cruor] petri is it possible to play Phoenix III/Steppewolf without it crashing
    [14:08] [Kelnish] no
    [14:08] [Kelnish] it isn't
    [14:09] [Cruor] how can there be so many bugs
    [14:09] [Cruor] in one mod
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Because quality assurance doesn't exist anymore
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Unless it's Quality Ass, U Rance
    [14:10] [Daiki] ...
    [14:10] [I3uster] oh god dp was funny
    [14:10] [I3uster] apocalypse confirmed
    [14:10] [Wakame] the horror

Yeah, I've been using IE10.
    Thank You, I'll try what you suggested.
    It does seem to work if I use source mode.

Once again, thanks.

Blog Entries
    Now the obvious question: WHY would you use IE10?
    "Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."

Old Quote Crap!

99% of all Terminators would destroy John Connor over any other carbon-based life form.
    Why do you think we got all these mods? So I can sit back and do jack shit, obviously!
    I propose more forumite-based words. Like Darpleosity (adj. a state of existence signified to calmly analyzing and making an argument/case in a way that defuses tensions and makes the participants in said argument look like twats for continuing on with antagonizing and/or being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn while also using good-natured humor to enhance said post).
    Having been, as I3uster put it, "other clueless dude" earlier today in precisely this fashion, I'm going to have to be in favor of necromancy. Or be a hypocrite. But as a lawyer, I prefer to get paid when I indulge in hypocrisy, thank you, so I'll stick with necromancy.

[14:06] [Cruor] petri is it possible to play Phoenix III/Steppewolf without it crashing

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Because it's not a bad browser?

AggroAnnabelle
    Because lots of us that are only half way in the hipster world have to interact with actual companies and businesses , which do not buy into the firefox/chrome hype. Good on you guys if you like Firefox and Chrome but don't crap on those of us in mainstream society.

- - - Updated - - -

It is a matter of weighing the pros and cons of having to install two browsers for me. I enjoy firefox more than IE10, but it's not worth it to me to have one browser for personal enjoyment and one I have to use to for work. I suppose if it was just a straight up choice i'd be running firefox. IE10 is not bad and I've not had a problem on any site with it except beast's lair. Chrome is just trash.
    Last edited by AggroAnnabelle; April 14th, 2013 at 09:11 AM.

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries
    People still use Internet Explorer? Gods, even my parents use Google Chrome now so I thought that browser went extinct already. Last time I used it was when I got my new PC and I needed to download GC.

Quote Originally Posted by celsius View Post
    If Saber and Shirou got married... Would that make Shirou the Queen of Britain?

AggroAnnabelle
    Quote Originally Posted by GabrieliosP View Post
    People still use Internet Explorer? Gods, even my parents use Google Chrome now so I thought that browser went extinct already. Last time I used it was when I got my new PC and I needed to download GC.
    Yes, it is the #1 used browser, Google Chrome is #2, and Firefox is #3. I suspect that is not an accurate representation though, because as I said, some of us HAVE to use IE.

Because it came with my new computer. And even though it has some problems (and I tend to use firefox or chrome in those cases), it also works quite well with a touchscreen, and I got used to some of the new shortcuts.
    Plus, at difference from the other two it stores the pages I was browsing before I turn off my computer, meaning I can continue from when I left of by just opening the browser, without having to search thorough settings.

It's also because some sites don't seem to work that well for Chrome, and I've had problems with youtube and other video players when using firefox.
    Last edited by Mystery Number; April 14th, 2013 at 09:22 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystery Number View Post
    Plus, at difference from the other two it stores the pages I was browsing before I turn off my computer, meaning I can continue from when I left of by just opening the browser, without having to search thorough settings.
    Ah, so you just don't know about the other browsers, then. I do not maintain the number of tabs I do by manually reopening them each time I exit Firefox.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    (Note: IE 6-8 are pretty bad.)

AggroAnnabelle
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Ah, so you just don't know about the other browsers, then. I do not maintain the number of tabs I do by manually reopening them each time I exit Firefox.
    Yeah this is true you can just do it once and then set it as your homepage (do not open homepage on startup) then press home at your leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    No, I have yet to find that function in Firefox, or in Chrome. I can reopen my most frequent sites easily, but I either can't find the restore session option on Firefox (supposing that it has to be done manually), or we mean different things with exiting Firefox, because every time I close and reopen the browser, at least if I turn of my computer in between sessions, I have to reopen the tabs manually. Then again, I haven't explored the settings too much in other browsers, so I could just be making a mistake.

edit: Ok, will try that thanks.
    Last edited by Mystery Number; April 14th, 2013 at 09:40 AM.

Blog Entries
    It is very literally the first thing under Options. You should not be able to miss it if you've tried at all.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    Seika beat me to it.

But yeah, my tabs all reopen. And in fact, I have an extension to stash most of my tabs into categories. That's easily got 500 or more tabs combined...

Old Quote Crap!