Page 3 of 99 FirstFirst 1234581353 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs & Errors

Quote Originally Posted by Hyarion View Post
    Nah, it's pasting into the WYSIWYG editor that's the problem. It apparently sees there's a font and adds font tags... but just what is " supposed to set it to anyways? It's doing that for every font.

I'd just open it in something other than Word, but I've already got everything macroed out to blitz through posting the Regalia archive. :|
    Paste it into Notepad, then copy it from there and into the browser.
    In Progress: Melty Blood
    Complete: Garden of Sinners, Fate/stay night, Tsukihime, Tsukihime Plus+Disc, Kagetsu Tohya

A) that might only add a few seconds extra, but when you're going to post about 1.2k times you really, really don't want that extra step.
    B) it clears all formatting, like italics and colors for example. I wanted to get our archives as close as I could to the original.

I know what you've been doing, nii-san. Dark Pulse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A) that might only add a few seconds extra, but when you're going to post about 1.2k times you really, really don't want that extra step.
    Thus, why your postcount went down about 1200 posts.
    "Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."

Of Leaves and Lilac - Two weeks in the life of Tohno Akiha.
    Returning real soon-like!

Old Quote Crap!

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    99% of all Terminators would destroy John Connor over any other carbon-based life form.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadBuster
    Why do you think we got all these mods? So I can sit back and do jack shit, obviously!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    I propose more forumite-based words. Like Darpleosity (adj. a state of existence signified to calmly analyzing and making an argument/case in a way that defuses tensions and makes the participants in said argument look like twats for continuing on with antagonizing and/or being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn while also using good-natured humor to enhance said post).
    Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    Having been, as I3uster put it, "other clueless dude" earlier today in precisely this fashion, I'm going to have to be in favor of necromancy. Or be a hypocrite. But as a lawyer, I prefer to get paid when I indulge in hypocrisy, thank you, so I'll stick with necromancy.

[14:06] [Cruor] petri is it possible to play Phoenix III/Steppewolf without it crashing
    [14:08] [Kelnish] no
    [14:08] [Kelnish] it isn't
    [14:09] [Cruor] how can there be so many bugs
    [14:09] [Cruor] in one mod
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Because quality assurance doesn't exist anymore
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Unless it's Quality Ass, U Rance
    [14:10] [Daiki] ...
    [14:10] [I3uster] oh god dp was funny
    [14:10] [I3uster] apocalypse confirmed
    [14:10] [Wakame] the horror

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Bargadiel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Pulse View Post
    That's a style change. I'd have to adjust the gradient.

I could remove it entirely, but admittedly, I'd like to keep some of it. What I could probably try to do is shrink the gradient by some amount, so that it ends "earlier" and doesn't conflict with the top of the post. I intend to do a similar fix for the tabs up at the top, as well.

EDIT: Adjusted, let me know if that's better. If not, I can shift the gradient a bit more. This gradient goes on for about 84% of the length of the previous variant.
    Yep, it's much better! Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bargadiel View Post
    Yep, it's much better! Thanks!
    Well, actually, it's 67%, since Mike claimed it was still too hard to see.

Regardless, I consider the matter settled, then.
    "Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."

Old Quote Crap!

99% of all Terminators would destroy John Connor over any other carbon-based life form.
    Why do you think we got all these mods? So I can sit back and do jack shit, obviously!
    I propose more forumite-based words. Like Darpleosity (adj. a state of existence signified to calmly analyzing and making an argument/case in a way that defuses tensions and makes the participants in said argument look like twats for continuing on with antagonizing and/or being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn while also using good-natured humor to enhance said post).
    Having been, as I3uster put it, "other clueless dude" earlier today in precisely this fashion, I'm going to have to be in favor of necromancy. Or be a hypocrite. But as a lawyer, I prefer to get paid when I indulge in hypocrisy, thank you, so I'll stick with necromancy.

[14:06] [Cruor] petri is it possible to play Phoenix III/Steppewolf without it crashing

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I still think that the main listings page for each forum is a bit difficult to read, due to the combination of blue text on the grey background. Plus, the par at the top is very difficult to read, for the same reason.

Also, the grey input box is too dark for black text, IMO.

*Edit*

Looking at it, it's fine for threads you've read, but for unread threads it's still a little big....

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Bargadiel's Avatar
    I notice another problem. :x when going into Forum Setting, like your General Profile settings etc, the boxes of text are gray, while the text is a darker gray. It is also hard to read.

Although note that I do enjoy the textbox for typing posts on the forum being gray, it's easier on the eyes!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Although note that I do enjoy the textbox for typing posts on the forum being gray, it's easier on the eyes!
    Well, I wouldn't say that it shouldn't be, but IMO either the box needs to be lighter, or the text needs to be white and the box darker.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Hmm, another thing you might want to deal with is the PM folder. It's currently blue text on a grey background, which makes it very hard to read the message titles.

Thus, why your postcount went down about 1200 posts.
    *whistles* Nice, I didn't even know that was possible.

While we're at it, any chance of a "post without avatar" mod?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    I still think that the main listings page for each forum is a bit difficult to read, due to the combination of blue text on the grey background. Plus, the par at the top is very difficult to read, for the same reason.

Also, the grey input box is too dark for black text, IMO.

*Edit*

Looking at it, it's fine for threads you've read, but for unread threads it's still a little big....
    Where do you see blue text on the gray background? I know about the stuff in the navbar; I need to make a new gradient for that that extends the black gradient down further. Otherwise, I don't know what you're talking about.

Grey Input Box: Well, in (slightly) older versions of vBulletin, this was controlled with texteditor_background. Seems that got deprecated as of vBulletin 4.0.8, so I have to find what setting adjusted this, as it's clearly possible, but something else "took it over."

Unread threads vs. Read Threads? That's mostly a placebo effect. The forum makes no distinction between them, but unread threads have slightly "bigger" text due to the bolding. It shows up perfectly fine and normally readable for me at my resolution of 2048x1152...

If you really think it's a problem, put up a screenshot of the listing. It's possible this could be affected by resolution... though I don't really see why.

That said, I did notice sticky threads do not have their usual gradient. This means something ELSE controls sticky threads, and I gotta friggin' find that.

I notice another problem. :x when going into Forum Setting, like your General Profile settings etc, the boxes of text are gray, while the text is a darker gray. It is also hard to read.

Yes, yes, I know this. These settings are friggin' annoying to find, and there were a lot of changes between the visual skinning guide I got (Which was accurate of 12/2009) and now. Just about the entire section on user profiles is 100% out of date in this guide. I think I've finally found some resources on this, though... stay tuned.

Hmm, another thing you might want to deal with is the PM folder. It's currently blue text on a grey background, which makes it very hard to read the message titles.
    See above. Basically the same thing applies there.

*whistles* Nice, I didn't even know that was possible.

While we're at it, any chance of a "post without avatar" mod?
    Of course. Admins can do anything, including dock or boost your post count.

What do you mean by that? An option to post without an avatar? Just remove it. If you don't want to see other people's avatars, I'm pretty sure you can adjust whether avatars display in your user options.

Specific posts without avatars? I can't think of that being in very high demand...

Old Quote Crap!

Blog Entries
    I think he means, if it's possible to remove his avi from those RP-archive-posts. It's there "a few" times.

But it's cute, so it doesn't bother me! :3
    Small but dangerous!

My boring Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by mirakura View Post
    Cute things are cute.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaia View Post
    I think he means, if it's possible to remove his avi from those RP-archive-posts. It's there "a few" times.

But it's cute, so it doesn't bother me! :3
    I don't think we can control something like that without a mod, and honestly it's almost too much trouble to install something like that for one small thing. I know I could wipe out his avatar completely, but I don't think it's easily possible to do that on a per-post basis.

Old Quote Crap!

Oh, I just noticed.

The name of the "Announcements" board is misspelled.

I have no idea if it's been like that all along, or if it was added recently by accident.

Unless I'm missing something, lol.

Blog Entries
    Hungry eyes.

Fixed.

Old Quote Crap!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I know about the stuff in the navbar; I need to make a new gradient for that that extends the black gradient down further.
    This seems to be fixed now. The rest is just fine anyway, I think....

Unread threads vs. Read Threads? That's mostly a placebo effect. The forum makes no distinction between them, but unread threads have slightly "bigger" text due to the bolding. It shows up perfectly fine and normally readable for me at my resolution of 2048x1152...

If you really think it's a problem, put up a screenshot of the listing. It's possible this could be affected by resolution... though I don't really see why.
    Well, having used it for a few days, I think it's not as bad as I first thought, so I can live with it now....

Blog Entries
    This seems to be fixed now. The rest is just fine anyway, I think....
    Yeah, I did fix this. I'll keep the rest of the changes under a testing skin, then roll them back into the main one once I figure out everything.

Also, apparently, vBulletin will soon be releasing an updated visual reference guide... which helps, as the guide I have is full of deprecated/unused Stylevars.

Old Quote Crap!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, I don't know if you can fix this (and you should already know, given that the message in question was sent to you), but the quote function in VM's is somewhat buggy. It seems to over-write the username bar at the top.

Blog Entries
    Strange, it works fine in the regular view. Only if you go into the full conversation does that happen. And you're right, I don't know if I can fix it.

I'll see what I can do. For now, try not to begin them with a quote. That should avert it.

Old Quote Crap!

Banned
    Blog Entries