Page 1 of 99 12361151 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs & Errors

Bugs & Errors

Post any bugs and errors that may need fixing and may be overlooked. Configurations such as signatures, avatar, private message, etc. do not count. I will also update my post to add future reports.

----

3/14 - Forum time is set seven minutes fast. Fixed.
    3/16 - Mark as read options need tweaking configured. Fixed.
    Last edited by DragoZERO; March 18th, 2011 at 02:17 PM.
    In Progress: Melty Blood
    Complete: Garden of Sinners, Fate/stay night, Tsukihime, Tsukihime Plus+Disc, Kagetsu Tohya

Blog Entries
    I would like to reiterate a point someone made about how the colors occasionally conceal each other, if that counts.

They are customizing the colors, so just gotta wait for them to finish. Thankfully the default theme is still enabled, it's much more pleasing to the eyes.
    Complete: Garden of Sinners, Fate/stay night, Tsukihime, Tsukihime Plus+Disc, Kagetsu Tohya

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I dunno if this counts as a bug to be fixed or not, but the groups really don't handle long usernames very well (in particular, ones without spaces), especially in the side-panel (for instance Random's username overwrites the two people next to him, due to the length).

I know what you've been doing, nii-san. Dark Pulse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    I dunno if this counts as a bug to be fixed or not, but the groups really don't handle long usernames very well (in particular, ones without spaces), especially in the side-panel (for instance Random's username overwrites the two people next to him, due to the length).
    Not sure if I can fix this, but I'll look into it after I get more important stuff worked out. Right now, it's not a very high priority.
    "Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."

Of Leaves and Lilac - Two weeks in the life of Tohno Akiha.
    Returning real soon-like!

Old Quote Crap!

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    99% of all Terminators would destroy John Connor over any other carbon-based life form.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadBuster
    Why do you think we got all these mods? So I can sit back and do jack shit, obviously!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    I propose more forumite-based words. Like Darpleosity (adj. a state of existence signified to calmly analyzing and making an argument/case in a way that defuses tensions and makes the participants in said argument look like twats for continuing on with antagonizing and/or being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn while also using good-natured humor to enhance said post).
    Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    Having been, as I3uster put it, "other clueless dude" earlier today in precisely this fashion, I'm going to have to be in favor of necromancy. Or be a hypocrite. But as a lawyer, I prefer to get paid when I indulge in hypocrisy, thank you, so I'll stick with necromancy.

[14:06] [Cruor] petri is it possible to play Phoenix III/Steppewolf without it crashing
    [14:08] [Kelnish] no
    [14:08] [Kelnish] it isn't
    [14:09] [Cruor] how can there be so many bugs
    [14:09] [Cruor] in one mod
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Because quality assurance doesn't exist anymore
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Unless it's Quality Ass, U Rance
    [14:10] [Daiki] ...
    [14:10] [I3uster] oh god dp was funny
    [14:10] [I3uster] apocalypse confirmed
    [14:10] [Wakame] the horror

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    That's me, always Butting in!

But yeah, Mike has a point, you might wanna get that fixed.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    That's me, always Butting in!

But yeah, Mike has a point, you might wanna get that fixed.
    Yeah, he's right that it's not high priority, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    It is not a bug, it works that way by default. The style settings would probably have to be changed, but I wouldn't even bother. Just click 'More' and the problem is solved.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
    It is not a bug, it works that way by default. The style settings would probably have to be changed, but I wouldn't even bother. Just click 'More' and the problem is solved.
    Yeah, but what if people want to just glance at the member's list? It just looks stupid, and IMO it should be changed, although I admit that it's not exactly high priority.

Blog Entries
    is there a way to see if a message you have sent has been recieved?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    is there a way to see if a message you have sent has been recieved?
    You can request a "read receipt" when you send the message, but if you've not done that I'm not sure that there's any way to find out afterwards.

Blog Entries
    is it possible to do a search that takes you to the posts, as opposed to the thread titles?

my forum-fu is weak

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Click "advanced search", click the "search single content type" button (in the top left-hand corner), choose "show results as posts".

Blog Entries
    Cheers.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Dunno if this is a bug or just how VB works, but on the old board your viewed threads (which ones had the "new posts" icon or not) were the same no matter where you logged in from. But here, if I read a thread, it gets marked as read, I go onto a different computer, it's marked unread again, but there's no new posts since I last read it.

Banned
    Sometimes, when I click on the thread in the Last Post column i do not go to the last page instead I go to the middle of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Dunno if this is a bug or just how VB works, but on the old board your viewed threads (which ones had the "new posts" icon or not) were the same no matter where you logged in from. But here, if I read a thread, it gets marked as read, I go onto a different computer, it's marked unread again, but there's no new posts since I last read it.
    It's how it's set up. There are different settings for this though, so it's not concrete.

EDIT: Yeah, it needs fixing. It's not a bug, just configured wrong but will add it to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by hbomb View Post
    Sometimes, when I click on the thread in the Last Post column i do not go to the last page instead I go to the middle of the thread.
    From the index or inside a forum?
    Last edited by DragoZERO; March 16th, 2011 at 10:42 PM.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think that's supposed to take you to the last unread post... or something?

Yeah, I think the small icon next to the thread title takes you to the last unread post in the thread, and the icon next to the "last post by whoever" one takes you to the last post made in the thread.

The spoiler tag needs tweaking. You need an equal (=) sign in order for it to work.

For example...

Code:
    [spoiler]EXAMPLE[/spoiler]
    Spoiler:
    EXAMPLE

Code:
    [spoiler=]EXAMPLE[/spoiler]
    EXAMPLE

I know what you've been doing, nii-san. Dark Pulse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
    The spoiler tag needs tweaking. You need an equal (=) sign in order for it to work.

For example...

Code:
    [spoiler]EXAMPLE[/spoiler]
    Spoiler:
    EXAMPLE

Code:
    [spoiler=]EXAMPLE[/spoiler]
    EXAMPLE
    That's because the part after the equals sign can be used as a title...
    ...Silly you for not realizing this.
    "Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."

Of Leaves and Lilac - Two weeks in the life of Tohno Akiha.
    Returning real soon-like!

Old Quote Crap!

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    99% of all Terminators would destroy John Connor over any other carbon-based life form.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadBuster
    Why do you think we got all these mods? So I can sit back and do jack shit, obviously!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    I propose more forumite-based words. Like Darpleosity (adj. a state of existence signified to calmly analyzing and making an argument/case in a way that defuses tensions and makes the participants in said argument look like twats for continuing on with antagonizing and/or being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn while also using good-natured humor to enhance said post).
    Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    Having been, as I3uster put it, "other clueless dude" earlier today in precisely this fashion, I'm going to have to be in favor of necromancy. Or be a hypocrite. But as a lawyer, I prefer to get paid when I indulge in hypocrisy, thank you, so I'll stick with necromancy.

[14:06] [Cruor] petri is it possible to play Phoenix III/Steppewolf without it crashing
    [14:08] [Kelnish] no
    [14:08] [Kelnish] it isn't
    [14:09] [Cruor] how can there be so many bugs
    [14:09] [Cruor] in one mod
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Because quality assurance doesn't exist anymore
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Unless it's Quality Ass, U Rance
    [14:10] [Daiki] ...
    [14:10] [I3uster] oh god dp was funny
    [14:10] [I3uster] apocalypse confirmed
    [14:10] [Wakame] the horror